General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

CB thanks!! I think V will be a great big sister with the way she's acting. Definitely makes me feel better.

Haha when I get my late scan I'm going to pic late 2nd tri for sure since I make big babies. I know V was small but big for her age.

Kitty I hope that there are no more delays with your home.

Dobby yeah I had to let the responsible choice win. The cost per injection without any assistance is over $800!

Haha no she was just playing with her. Wish I could add the video.

I love criminal minds, but it gives me awful nightmares. I hope ex doesn't do anything to you and A. I can't imagine how you are feeling.

I hope you love your new school. Is there a pay increase??

Oh and V bit me last night. She hasn't bit others. I'm hoping I can nip that habit.

Pacific it sounds promising on selling your home!

Gigs I hope you manage to fend off the sickness. How are you feeling today??

Shae I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but wasn't a bridezilla. I only invited those I wanted there. Just because they are family doesn't mean I invited them. I think keeping it small makes it easier to go smoothly.

Glad your depression is improved. Maybe ask your dr about how to add that back in.

How is your car now??

Oh man that sounds tasty. I want sushi now!

Oh and hope she doesn't mind purchasing that book for you. I feel like she wouldn't be too bothered as it's for a good cause.

CB oh interesting to learn why things get held up with construction.

AFM didn't get to have convo last night. Had it this morning. Not sure how it'll go. I think there is concern financially as the lady she's watching is showing early signs of dying. However she understands where I'm coming from and says she's not hurt. If they cannot do less than 4 days/week then I'll stick with them as they are insanely reliable for in home day care. If they can go down to 3 days a week then I'll have to see if Alissa cares to watch her 2 days/week. Ginni will let me know this evening though. Sorry for rambling.

Fluek hope you can get something worked out.

Jez i sent you a pm on ig.

Definitely sick. Scratchy throat, runny nose, mild cough. Not too rough so far...poor Lev has it the worst, face leaking like crazy! But he's otherwise in good spirits. MIL offered to take him today so I'm home laying my lazy booty in bed. Sick hubs took off work and is passed out on the couch lol.

Feeling too lazy to type.

Flueks did it seem that V was testing the waters with the bite thing? Fx it was a one off, Riley did it once randomly & i screamed as it made me jump lol he got upset & he didnt do it again.. hope the childcare stuff sorts out ok :)

Ohhh i cant watch those criminal mind things or horror films, i know horror isnt real but as it makes me jump & edgy, il think about it subconsciously & dream about them, id rather watch kids TV esp before bed Lol

Gigs thats stinky hun, sorry your feeling rough, fx it passes reeeeally quick! I think Tylenol which is same as Paracetamol in the UK is safe to take when preggers, dose up & lotsa juice n fluids! Jeeez i sound like a know it all Dr, like u wouldn’t know how to take care of yourself lol sorry :haha:

Gigs- sorry you're sick! Why is it going around in the summer?! we all got sick and I've known a few people who also got it. Luckily it wasn't too bad for us, hopefully it won't be for you either.

Pl- I get what you mean about asking so fast. Kind of scary when things happen so fast. Fx it sells, just maybe not too too fast lol
We live in California wine country but I'm not sure how it works. If the owners sells the grapes or the winery does everything? It sounds like a fun adventure.

Did I miss the Instagram boat? Y'all talk about it but I don't have any of you :(

Going to take an opk soon. So many cramps.

Today's opk, not positive but close. Possibly missed the surge? But no idea. Yesterday's afternoon opk was lighter.

Attachments

• IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
Shae that’s good. Idk much about cars and by much I mean next to nothing lol. Just want you to be safe

Cb we’ve been in court every month for like 7 months. Hoping this trial puts a rest to this for a year/longer. The mediator agrees with me that he shouldn’t be unsupervised until A is communicating verbally and coherently. But she also told me off the record I should let him void his rights and find a way to make things work without support because he is a shit.

Fluek I am so excited to hear stories of V and her sib! I loveeeee that. Same district so same pay just easier to teach kids/where I went to school . And it means down the line I can request A to go there instead of my neighborhood school. I cannot have him go to that school. It will derail his life. Ok I may be over dramatic lol

I think his biting is from when he used to gum people and everyone thought it was cute but now with six teeth not so much
Brb poopy diaper

Pl if the buyers buy can the renters stay? Maybe if the cottage comes with tenants that will be a bonus.

I want pizza and sushi.

Green sometimes that's as positive as mine would get, congirmed with o pain. Did you get any jiggy in prior to hubby's departure?

Dobs hope he just gives up. Doesn't sound like he's ready for dad life anyway and rather have custody for spite. Are you still in touch with his family?

Dobs- I forgot to reply to your ex stuff. I'm seriously so sorry. That's so scary. Hopefully he just gives up and wants nothing to do with you and A. And honestly that sounds harsh but I wish my dad had done that instead of the in and out that he's done for the last 20+ years. So anyway. Huge hugs.
Also the biting, we had a problem with that. We tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked until someone told me to bite back. And darn it, it actually worked! Obviously not hard but to show them it hurts and it's not nice. Took a couple times and no more biting!

Gigs- and now I want sushi. Omg sushi sounds so good. We need a drive through sushi place lol

we BD Sunday before he left. So depend if I O today or tomorrow o-3 or o-4. Hopefully o holds off until he gets back (tomorrow or Friday not sure yet). I thought bd day of o was only okay odds but apparently bd day of o is the best according to my google search. So we shall see. Just a waiting game now. I had some pains on my right side last night and today I have cramps all over and stronger on my left side. So no idea what's happening. I've only ever had o pains with clomid.

Gigs glad MIL is watching Lev for you. I hope it's short illness. I really hope I skip illness this pregnancy. I did get a cold after I left hospital with V. That sucked enough.

CB I'm not sure, but I hope so. She hasn't bit anyone else. She's on her worst behaviour with me though :rofl: getting my just rewards as I was that way with my mom.

Ah ues, I fell asleep in a hotel watching NCIS and dreamt ppl were doing an "autopsy" on me alive.

Greenie when ttc V my wondfos were usually always just shy of positive. Maybe it's really positive. If not I think O will be here soon. I hope you get a true positive Thursday so you have better timing.

Maybe having the twins changed your body some. I've heard it "resets" your fertility.

Dobby I know! Ahh so excited for that. I'm hoping that she takes it well initially. Sadly, she won't be old enough for the sibling class before this baby arrives.

Oh that sounds like a better plan for you. Glad he gets to go to a better school :)

Gigs, fx your sickness passes quickly! We'll try for our renter to stay, shes a single mom who shares custody, however if the new owners don't want to keep her and find someone themselves, they won't have any problems finding a renter. Our rental market is HOT!

Dobs, I keep praying that ex will drop out, men are such complicated creatures without added bonuses yours brought to the table. You certainly didn't deserve that a$$.

Biting, L tried a few times. He thought it was fun and would smile at us when he'd done it, but we corrected with a stern voice so it sunk in that this was not a fun game. He still tries every once in a while, but we just stay consistent.

Green, fx for o-ing closer to hubby being home! Are you aiming for a particular month where youd prefer a baby or not?
How is your move coming along?

CB it was 2 am where I was.

Flueks I’m glad the sitter was understanding. I haven’t tried my car today. Yesterday there was no change really. SO says my muffler shield is broken but that shouldn’t be causing the issue. We’re getting it towed to the mechanic today or tomorrow.

Gigs I hope you feel better!

Dobs I’m safe, no worries!

Green that’s funny about biting back. Hey, if it works, right? I think Jez had people DM her to ask for her IG, so if you DM her I’m sure she’ll give it to you.

Back home from Boston. Got the sushi burrito, it was delicious. Saw a macaron place a few doors down from the sushi burrito place and had to stop there because I’ve never had a macaron before! We got a box of 12 to bring home. I had a lemon one, it was super good.

Shae, yummy!! I love macaroons!! There is a bakery 1 1/2 hours away from us and they do countless flavors as well as courses. During the course you make your favorite flavors and make enough to share with the class. My brother gave us a dozen and said he still had a few more dozen in his freezer after doing the class... Yummy yummy in my tummy!

Ty $9 Safeway cake and iPhone portrait mode lol

Attachments

• F361B89A-F199-48C3-A926-79F6C5CC7684.jpg
    F361B89A-F199-48C3-A926-79F6C5CC7684.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 26
Shae- what is a sushi burrito? It sounds insanely amazing. Lol and I've never had macaroons either! I just see people make them ok food network a lot haha

Dobs- holy cow he's so adorable! He looks like a little boy and less like a baby!! I also love the cake. It's so perfect for a 1st birthday cake.

Gigs- every time I see a Taco Bell commercial for the nacho fries I think of you and that I should really try them. Haha

Pl- move is going good so far! We have to wait to officially move until janurary. DH has to be at his current job until then so we get his retirement from them. He's so close that it would be silly to loose it now. We're saving money and have kind of figured out the area we want to buy in. Already have a mortgage broker and realtor so we're close. Just a waiting game at this point.

Shae sounds like gettinh it looked at by a mechanic is best. If something was going to happen to your car I'm glad it was when you were home. I'm sorry if that sounds bad, I don't mean it that way.

Glad you enjoyed your sushi burrito. I want to try macaroons one day. Can you describe what they taste like??

Dobby he's adorable. He has grown so much in a year. It's hard to remember how small they were at birth.

Greenie ah that's a smart move to wait until January. Hope it flies by. I'd say it will with the holidays coming up soon :)

PL there were 13 flavors there and it was totally overwhelming haha. They’re so expensive but sooo good. A course in making them sounds super cool.

Dobs omgggg A is sooo cute! That hair is gorgeous!

Green a sushi burrito is like a maki roll but burrito size. They pile your requested toppings onto nori (seaweed sheet) with rice on it just like how a maki roll starts, and they roll it just like a maki roll, it’s just huge cuz the amount of toppings is huge and the nori sheet is bigger. Macarons are great (now that I’ve tried them), but expensive, so they’re definitely an occasional treat unless you’re rich and living in a mansion haha

Flueks I totally agree, doesn’t sound bad at all. Much better not to be stranded on the road or far away from home. Macarons come in lots of flavors, so it depends on what flavor you get. The flavor is in the cream, the outer pieces are kinda like little cake pieces but the texture isn’t quite like cake. They’re softish, made with almond flour, the outside can have a slight crunch with the inside of the pieces being soft. And of course the cream is soft. They actually have to be refrigerated cuz the cream will melt according to the lady at the store. My favorite flavors were lemon, salted caramel, and earl grey tea. I like them a lot!

arghhhh macaroons are my ultimate fave, but yeah sooooooo expensive. $2.50 a pop over here, on average. I thought the outside was meringue but you’re right, they do taste almondy. I’d love to do a course. I earn tonnes if points from grocery shopping that gets me free groceries (literally earned like $800 worth over the past year) and I always said I’d spend them on macaroons but it STILL feels like a waste. But maybe tomorrow will be the day, now that I’m inspired.

Yes I only came to talk about macaroons coz I saw they were mentioned and everythjng else disappeared. Bed now zzzzz.

Jez they were $2.50 a pop at the place we went as well. It sounds like not much when you’re thinking about one, but they’re so small and so yummy that you want a dozen of them at least, and they were $26.50 for 12 (discounted for the quantity). Looked it up, meringue is involved, yes.

My mention of needing to be mansion level rich to afford a daily macaron habit made me think about dream homes and stuff. I’m totally that person who would want secret passageways and rooms and stuff. I don’t care if it’s not classy or whatever, I’m a dork and my theoretical mansion would reflect that haha

Just wanted to clarify to everyone to make sure we’re all talking about the same thing (I think at least most of us are) the difference between macaroons and macarons. They’re actually not the same thing, but most people refer to macarons as macaroons. Please don’t think I’m being a know it all or a b*tch, I just wanna make sure we’re all on the same page here.
2C4C53C0-A232-49C1-89A6-46349242A403.jpg74A4248B-7555-45BF-9653-439B526199D4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->