General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks Jez that does make me feel better : )
Tilly's word bank is fantastic, she is so adorable!

Cb are you feeling proper movement now? Can you feel him from the outside yet?

J wow that is quite a commitment for hom to make! How long have y'all been talking? I'm glad he wants you to go to the appointment so you know he isn't full of it. I know there was some speculation with ex hubs on his fertile status... also did ypu discuss the possibility of a donor with him? How does he feel about that?

Yeah lotsa movement now Gigs & can feel from outside some of the time also, i love it :) its all very wriggly & pokey first thing in morning & later in the evening, sometimes feels like hes doing star jumps in there :haha: Have u felt any pokes or punches yet?

I'm not sure if it's because of my Europe trip flight one way was one cycle flight back was the next cycle but I O on day 22 both cycles and this cycle I'm day 17 and here is my blazing positive for O... My husband left this morning thankfully we got a round in last night but I thought I'd have another five days :s fx!

Attachments

• 20180817_075710.jpg
    20180817_075710.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
oooh thats a definitive Positive OPK there Purples :) Does hubby work away? Will he not be back any other time for this cycles fertile window? That being said, i got pg from 1 time sex back in January whilst right on last few hrs of my ov window Lol fx my lovely!! eeee!!!

Just to add also, sometimes a positove OPK LH surge can last for a couple of days, fx

CB when I got pregnant with Em my surge was positive one evening and negative by the next morning.. I'll probably do one tonight to see.. he left at six this morning for the weekend he won't be back until Sunday he's gone to help move my grandmother into a retirement home what great timing :s lol

Lol tell me about it I wish it was a few day wait two weeks feels like torture then another 9 months until you get to hold bubs :s

One time is definitely enough! Good luck!

Cb not "real" movement, just swipes/flutters here and there but still in this "baby or gas?" stage

Kit I think you had a crappy macaron. The ones I had, the cream was very very flavorful. Still overpriced though. I think they’re expensive because they’re so hard to make and because almond flour is expensive.

Green did your temp go up today? Idk if you said and I missed it or if you haven’t said yet.

J that’s awesome that he’s getting a reversal just to help you out!

Purple glad you got in BD last night! It only takes one, you’re totally in for a shot.

Gigs your bump looks about the same as last pregnancy. I think you’re developing at the right pace. Yay for Lev talking!

Jez is the “mummy mummy” getting annoying yet? :haha: I agree with your assessment of macaroon vs macaron yumminess levels. I like both, but macarons are quite the treat. I think that has been the general consensus except for Kit who perhaps had a crappy macaron, perhaps just doesn’t like them :shrug: Does everyone tend to know the difference between the words in the UK? It may be a North American thing that people confuse them. I thought they were both called macaroons until a few years ago, or at least I thought they were pronounced the same way, I think I knew the spelling difference before the pronunciation difference.

AFM I have my car back! Diagnostic device said cylinder misfire, tech recommended starting with checking wiring, and he was right. They said there was some wiring messed up, they replaced it plus did some maintenance stuff like an oil change since I’ll be going to college, and my car is back to normal! Yay! Drove it back home and to the grocery store, it’s all good and behaving well, no more shaking or lights popping up.

Now I can get stuff done haha, I gotta go into the nearest city for my drug test (required for clinical for nursing school) and I gotta go up to my college and sign stuff with HR and pick up my scrubs etc. Right now I gotta focus on finishing my Harry Potter book, I’m 3/4 through. It’s due the 21st and I can’t renew it cuz I already did once and I’m leaving for college anyway, but I should finish it easily. Whenever I actually sit down to read it I make huge progress, I read about 1/4 of it last night. My slowness is mostly lack of actually sitting down to read. I also have to focus on completing my online clinical orientation. Unfortunately it’s just lots of reading policies and then taking post-tests.

I’m remembering back to the oral allergy syndrome thing, was it Gigs who identified it as that? My birch pollen allergy? I can’t remember if I responded to that. But yeah it’s totally OAS. I’ve never been to an allergist, but I’m fairly confident in my diagnosis. I sometimes forget that I react to apples haha, I just ate one and my mouth and throat got itchy and my chin was itchy from where the juice got on it. The reaction happens while I’m still eating it if I take more than like 2 minutes to eat it lol. I feel like apples are a more recent allergen development for me, only the past couple years I’ve had reactions, and they’re not severe enough for me to think much of it until I’m having the reaction. I’ve also had sugar snap peas and kiwi cause my mouth to get itchy. I still eat apples, kiwis, and sugar snap peas in moderation.

But with peaches, considering my whole face was red and itchy for at least an hour despite Benadryl that one time at work (idk if there were hives but a kid asked why my face was so red haha), I don’t eat them raw anymore. Peaches and nectarines are the worst for me, they’re the only 2 that have made my whole face red and itchy. I worry the reaction could become more severe, so I only eat peaches canned or frozen or baked, they don’t give me trouble unless they’re fresh, and nectarines don’t usually come as anything but fresh, so unfortunately I haven’t had a nectarine in years (even though they used to be my favorite fruit as a kid, so juicy!)

Hey ladies!

Do y'all chat from your computer or your phone? I feel like I can never keep up. I'll go several days without logging in, so by the time I finally do, I have 10 pages to catch up on and can never just hop right in to the convo :(

Keeps- Name that precious boy Theo! And kick that worthless POS out of your house. His behavior is going to escalate if you do not.

Gig- your belly is adorable!

I'm still carrying very low. I know my uterus is in the right place because I can feel her extend out really high, but she just seems to like to stay by my pubic bone.

I post from my phone. I tend to return throughout the day when the baby is entertaining himself or when I'm in bed.

Bdb we need an updated bump pic!

Afm gender scan may be a no-go :( I don't think the place I went to last time is open anymore. The next closest & affordable place is over an hour away :(

Phone which is why I lost less. Trapped under work and trial so I have the energy to read not respond

Omfg I have been on hold for 1.5 half! I went from 3 to 2 in less than ten minutes but have been at 2 for over an hour!!!

I post from my phone. We don't have a computer or the internet for that matter haha I know we live in the Stone Age. No one understands but we seriously have no need for it. Plus it's almost $150/ month.

Dobs- holy cow what are you on hold for?!

gigs- over an hour away! Oh no. That's disappointing. I'm sorry. I forget in other parts of the country things are spread out. My sister doesn't have an ultrasound place near her either. Closest one is a couple hours away. Crazy. We have at least 5 within 30 minutes and I live in small town.

Purple- beautiful positive!! One time is totally enough. Lots of women on this thread thought they were out and got knocked up.

Shae- yay for car being fixed!!! That's the best feeling. Thanks for reminding me about doing an oil change on my car. Ugh I don't want to.

AFM- temp hasn't gone up. So don't think I ovulated. Annoying. But nothing I can do about it.
Max's speech appoint went great! Gave us a few things to work on and we'll follow up in a few weeks but no need for consistent speech therapy at this point. Even though he doesn't talk? She was impressed with his sign language and understanding though.

5 hours to find out he did not show up to our court ordered mediation. We had them separately because of the restraining order.

Gigs it's okay. I think I'll have trouble at first too! I started feeling movement at 19 weeks with V if I remember correctly.

I hope her language takes off. I'm suprised she doesn't say "no" yet though:haha:

Lovely bump comparison. I think I started mine at 15 or 16 weeks. I remember when you dyed your hair blue.

Oh no about the gender scan :( there is one private place about an hr from me. It doesn't list prices. I'd rather pay for the extras at my ob office as they do them.
J hello!! Hmmm, I'll be the devil's advocate and wonder why he would ttc so soon. Then again maybe he understands you don't have time to wait??

Anyways, I hope things work out with you and new guy :)

Jez wow she has a huge vocabulary!! V used to say "mom, mom, mom, mom" all the time. Poor DH was still waitng for her to say "dada".

No early gender scan so looking like mid to late October. Lots going on though to keep me distracted.

Purple you are still defintely in the game. Good luck!!

Shae so glad your car is fixed and sounded pretty simple!!!

Go finish HP!! Oh and good luck reading on policies, total snooze fest.

Bdb I carried low with DD. Oh and it's 6 days late but happy V day!!

I post on my phone. It can be a pain, but oh well. I type much faster on a laptop.

Greenie when I googled ultrasound places I got a ton from Cali!! Like.... doesn't help me :(

Glad his speech appt went well. FX you O in the next couple days when DH is home or just after he leaves.

Dobby don't worry about lack of responding. You have a lot on your plate. :hugs:

Also holy sh!+ 1.5 hr on hold?!

AFM I threw up this morning for the first time this pregnancy. It was really awful. Tmi warning ****bits of egg came out my nose****. Ugh, I guess I may try another toothpaste and/or brushing at work.

I'm working tomorrow to earn extra $$ for our vacation next month. I can use some of it for medical care or maybe Christmas shopping money.

Oh and thanks to Shae I had sushi for lunch. It was yummy :)

V's check up is next month. I'm anxious to find out her height. She is really tall. I'm guessing 32 or 33 inches. I haven't weighed her in awhile but probably around 26 lbs.

I too type from my phone... So sometimes is ends up fragmented it makes no sense.

Flueky, eew. But welcome to pregnancy, reassuring isn't it!

Gigs, big belly small belly, you look adorable, believe me! Just remember it's a different pregnancy then the last one.

J, wohoo! Missed your posts, please do post more often! Thought of you today, I met a wonderful dark bridle bullmastiff b!tch. Nice built, colour and temperament.
Good luck with the new man, I too am surprised he's in for a reversal that quick! Maybe he regrets the choice his ex sort of forced him into?

Dobs, what's the next step for you with all this court stuff, especially since ex-ass didn't show?

Shae, wohoo for the fixed car. How have you not read hp yet???

I could really use some sugar now that I am thinking of macaroons and Macarons again... Preference given to the almond flavored one ;) or a cupcake would do :haha:

On another note: I had wonderful fries today! Thinner then shoestring fries, with parmesan cheese and a balsamic vinegar reduction and caramelized onions on them. Yummy!!

Speech, I think L is doing alright. He's mixing his 2 languages, some 3-4 syllable words he's only saying the middle portion. Still also insist to use the old "internet dial up tone" sound for "water".... On the other hand he takes clear instructions when we tell him to bring or take something from the fridge to any location. And has his first 3 word sentence. "In the truck". Although the word "truck" doesn't always sound like truck, especially when excited then it turns into "cock"....try having this kid in public and he spots a truck! He'll yell "Biiiiiig cock!" And his daddy often just says "thank you my son!"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->