General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

CB turns out i was wrong in thinking the estrogen varied, it’s actually the progesterone (technically progestin cuz it’s artificial) that varies in hormone level. The estrogen stays at 35 mcg, but the progestin goes 180 mcg week 1, 215 mcg week 2, 250 mcg week 3. It’s Tri-Previfem, which is a generic/cheaper equivalent of ortho-tri-cyclen.

On the way to bra shopping. I hate when my dad drives. He’s insanely paranoid and anxious and complains constantly about how stressful driving is

Its your friendly ghost casper haha. Checking in ladies. Read back up, but just to much to reply on.

Just checking in ladies... Our province is on fire with over 600 individual ones. Even here on the coast we now have thick smoke cover and it's affecting my breathing and I normally don't have any issues. Can't take a deep breath without a cough. Last night's event didn't help:

I got woken up by loud chicken noises at 1230. When I realized this type of noise wasn't normal I ran outside to the coop. The coop was VERY dusty so obviously a predator had been inside, saw one dead chicken and one squealing on the floor clinging on to live. So I checked the entire coop what I thought would be a racoon only to realize that the predator was much smaller and still killing chicken #2.! Went outside the coop to grab a shovel but also opening the window so it could get away. Back inside I saw that the predator was a mink, at which point it let go of a now dead chicken neck and got chased away. This whole time I was in an extremely dusty chicken coop. Plus our smoke from the wildfire and it took my lungs an hour to recover so I could go back to sleep....
Never had mink problems here, but the 3 inch gap in the window is over....

Omg pl terrible! I hope they can get the fires under control soon. And yikes about the chicken, was it one you were fond of? I swear they always go for the favorites!

Nyx hey lady! How are you feeling? Any upcoming ultrasounds?

Omg pl terrible! I hope they can get the fires under control soon. And yikes about the chicken, was it one you were fond of? I swear they always go for the favorites!

Nyx hey lady! How are you feeling? Any upcoming ultrasounds?

Had some rough days, but feeling good over all. No ultrasounds until the end of next month from what i know.

Soooooo I don't know when this happened but Lev is up to 16 teeth....!!!!???!!! Looks like 3 broke through pretty recently. That puts him at 16 teeth! Wtf?!

CB is the affair on netflix?? Well I guess I should just check myself. I kind of like the fact that main characters aren't immune to death, but I think that's a bad way to write a character off.

Michelle glad she soothed herself back to sleep. Yay for ttc talks!! I'll pm you later.

Gigs I like them, but I never used mine until after 15 weeks. I think baby was in my abdominal fat area and my crappy doppler couldn't pick it up.

I am not a huge fan of nb phase as well because of the lack of sleep. I really love playing with toddlers especially 2+ years.

I hope they conceive soon. It's so stressful especially when people keep asking if you're pregnant.

Yay for L sttn during a bad thunderstorm! Hope he keeps it up for you. Oh and that's a lot of teeth!! V has slowed down, but I wonder if alluva sudden she'll have more.

Jez how odd it wasn't standard there. I'm glad it is now. Mine was actually due last year anyways.

Congrats to your brother and SIL! Unless she's a crazy ttc'er I'd say she probably just Od a week later. FX that's all it is.

Shae have fun bra shopping. I kind of want to, but I don't need to. Plus, I might need to later.

Pacific omg I hope your air qualitu gets better and the fires put out. How sad for all the people and animals.

Nyx hello!! Happy 12 weeks!

AFM appt went well. Mw said as gigs did about hot tub use. So I'm looking foward to vacation even more :)

I got a bit irritated when I checked in. They said I had to talk with billing. I talked with them after my last appt. Didnt see why I needed to b4 this one. So I go and they are asking if I wanted to do the payment plan and pay right then. I was bursting to pee and really thought this was unnecessary. I was a bit quick with her and DH told me to chill out. I don't think I was irrational, I had planned to make a payment at checkout. I've never been delinquent either.

Anyways baby's heart rate was 160 to 170 hiding underneath my belly fat :haha:

Sneaky hid-a-bean! I had a similar experience last time and was kind of hoping dr couldn't find it so I could get an ultrasound :haha:

Also talked to some local ladies on a 2017 baby fb page and had about 5 say the dr that predicted the sex of this baby was right for then too, anywhere between 12 & 16 weeks...so looks pretty certain this is boy3, not that I doubtes it but I still have that small sliver of "what if...?".

Oh Pacific that’s awful.. hope the Fires get under control! Do you suffer from Asthma? I know we were chatting about Eczema/Asthma go together etc but i cant remember if u said u had it not, hoping your sleeping & breathing is more easier in the coming nights hun :hugs:

Gigs is it couple wks until your scan?

Nyx your 12wks woop wow thats gone fast! Hope yoir doing ok :)

Flueks hb under belly fat #eyeroll Lol! High hb.. sounds girly typically but ye never know, whatever sex the baby is i know you love him/her <3 If you did have another girly cooking, would hubs be swayed for no3 dya think?

Gigs I halfway hoped for the same, but I felt if I wished that then I'd find out I had a mc. Crazy, I know. It's the same reason I won't lie about spotting or bleeding.

Gigs when is your anatomy scan? Shouldn't be much longer.

CB haha I know. I felt that was probably the reason I couldn't hear over the weekend, but had a moment of anxiety.

I think V was 169 to 172 at 11 weeks. So by heartbeat theory it's pointing girl. If we hage 2 girls I think it'd be harder to convince him for #3. The thought of 3 teenage girls is a bit daunting to say tge least. Crazy hormones, pregnancy?, AF. I kniw boys have it too, but it's a different extent I believe. No monthly hormonal mood swings and having AF for them. Sorry, I rambled. Anyways, will just have to see, but I'm currently feeling done with 2 right now.

Happy 23 weeks!! Almost to V day!

Well here is what our day looked like... My area has the worst air quality in the world!

Cb, no I don't have asthma, it's DH who does but he does not seem to be very affected by it. His asthma is usually triggered by allergies.

Attachments

• IMG_20180820_170814.jpg
    IMG_20180820_170814.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
My next scan isn't until October 1st -.- sooo farrrr

Fluek I totally get that. Same reason back in school or work if i was bullshitting about how i needed time off to see a sick relative or something i made up things about people that were already dead. Too worried I'd jinx someone living! Not that i dod that a lot but i do believe it happened a couple times...hehe

Also all my boys had fast heartbeats so I'm calling bs on that theory.

Wow it&#8217;s quiet today!

PL that&#8217;s so crazy about the fires! I hope you guys are safe! Sorry about the chickens :(

AFM:

TMI WARNING about :sex:

SO and I hadn&#8217;t DTD since before I started the pill. I&#8217;ve been on it about 1.5 weeks now. So we finally got the chance and he said he has a mental block about finishing in me cuz he&#8217;s worried the pill won&#8217;t work as well, poor guy! He&#8217;s okay with the :spermy: going in me, he just isnt able to finish while in me cuz of the mental block plus he&#8217;s not feeling the IUD strings anymore and therefore being reminded of the switch :dohh: but I feel for him, poor thing. It&#8217;s frustrating but I get it.

END TMI TALK

I&#8217;m thinking I&#8217;m going to do both the drug test and pick up my scrubs and go to HR on Thursday. Tomorrow my mom is bringing my sister and her friend and I to six flags. I just got offered another work study position in the classroom during my other open hours. It means I&#8217;ll have to get up early on Thursday and Friday, and also drive to the work study, but I&#8217;m highly considering it for the money. I just worry about being too overloaded and busy with all the school work plus the work hours.

Gigs, I am sure soon enough it will be October!

Shae, thanks. The fires aren't anywhere near us, but the smoke is blowing our way, even from the fires hundreds of kilometers away. Health advisories are out saying to not do any strenuous activities ATM or move them indoors.
As for DTD: give him a month to adjust. On the other hand, you could always include him in your "cycle" talk. As in "let's have lots of sex in the week after period, maybe add a layer of protection in week 2 and go back to natural in week 3 post period. That's actually how we managed when we had no goalies for a year. You know what I mean... Give him "THE" talk of how a cycle works ;)

Speaking of which, we recently learned that a friend of ours in his mind thirties just learned that he's sterile... Basically the tube that delivers the goods from the testicles to the delivery point never formed. Lol, he's regretting lots of condom purchases in his earlier life but on the other hand now he'll have to go for a special "extraction" job to have children with his partner.

Pacific that's awful!!! I couldn't imagine. I feel really bad for those with asthma or copd. Also those that lost their homes.

I wouldn't say he's used protection for no reason as it protects from STDs. Getting HIV could be life changing. However, I do not like the feel of condoms so I get that.

In any case how crazy is it that he didn't develop that tube. I hope when/if they ttc it's a short process since he'll need assistance.

Gigs that is awhile away considering how far along you are. That really sucks. Any reason why they are waiting for anatomy scan after 20 weeks?

I believe I read heartbeat theory is for right before, during, or maybe after labor. I do find it interesting to see what all the theories "suggest" though.

Shae I hope he can get over that. I know the pill was effective for me, but you always hear some story. I think that's mainly when not taken properly though.

Have fun at six flags!

Sorry I haven't read. I'm going to try and go back when the boys go to sleep. The past few days have been insane. Busy Saturday then max gets sick Sunday with a fever and nonstop screaming. Took him to the doctor yesterday and said nothing is wrong with him. Took him back today and they found an ear infection. Said the ear infection is minor so he might also have a viral infection but glad to finally get an answer. 3 days of a fever and nonstop screaming has made me one tired momma.

Catch up later

Ex will have supervised visits min 3 more months. He also has to have weekly therapy. I keep my restraining order. He has to pay me a &#8220;fair amount of attorney&#8217;s fees&#8221;. No trial judge said evidence spoke volumes so all witnesses went home. He yelled at my ex. Like legit yelled. I loved it. And he really has A&#8217;s best interests in mind, he said my ex is a shit hole (i&#8217;m Obs paraphrasing LoL) but he wants to give him a chance to become a good dad

Dobs that sounds like it&#8217;s close to the best case result for you. I&#8217;m glad the judge was on your side and realized how awful your ex has been.

PL that&#8217;s a good idea. I&#8217;m not sure when I&#8217;d ovulate if I end up ovulating despite the pill, since on the IUD I had 33-35 day cycles when regular, and before the IUD I had 29-31 day cycles. I could simplify it for him and just say ovulation is on day 14 and we can avoid like 5 days before and 2 days after that day or something of the sort. Thanks for the suggestion. He&#8217;s not great at listening to girl stuff but considering it&#8217;s about pregnancy stuff, I think he&#8217;d at least try to keep up with my explanation. And you&#8217;re right that he might just need some time.
Sorry about your friend being sterile. Does he want kids? If not that just made his life way easier, but if so it just made it way harder :/

Flueks yeah I&#8217;ve been taking it perfectly, which I explained to him. He&#8217;s just nervous cuz the IUD is what he&#8217;s used to, I think. Thanks :)

Green I hope Max feels better!

Shae typically you shouldn&#8217;t ovulate on the combi pill if taken correctly & if u did, it could happen at any point not just mid cycle as such like a normal Period cycle.. the time it happened with me, i noticed change in my &#8216;stuff&#8217; & pains for a couple days & shrugged it off but you csn always keep some OPKS near by to use just in case if worried, its more you SO & what hes used to bless him, im sure he&#8217;ll adjust soon enough hun :hugs:

Dobby im do glad the judge is taking your side & he yelled st your ex (lol) i love it when stuff like that happens.. how long will the supervised visits be for?

Oh no MrsG poor Max bless him.. Ear infections are bloody horrid & when a baby or small child has one its so bad :( Have they given him any AntiB&#8217;s to clear up the last of it? Hope hes on the mend quickly hun :hugs:

Pacific i hope your friend & his partner get pg soon after the extraction process whenever that will be, im guessing as it was never known about his insurance should def pay for things like that

Nualas heartbeat rate went up & down in labour loads with contractions, Flueks was V delivered naturally or was she csection? Not that it matters really, i just wondered..
my friend had high hb range for all 3 of hers & she had 2 boys, 1 girl so ye never know :)

Just ordered most of Rileys new school uniform as he starts back 2 wks today, just need to get him some new blavk/grey trousers & shoes, i think hes more excited about his new pencil case & stationery set he can put in his bag haha :haha: kids are so funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->