General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ah love your avatar piccy Flueks :)

Im not a keen fan of pastries or cakes or food/drinks generally with Apple in tbh but i LOVE warm caramel in drinks mmmm!! i like apple juice lol

This is kind of making me think of fall drinks and food. I love fall themes! Pumpkin anything...yes please! They make these pumpkin hershey kisses...sooo good.

Cpp I hate wood floors! Aesthetically they are beautiful but i love the comfort of carpet so much better. We have wood now and i really miss the carpet. We have a large area rug but just makes me bitter now i have to upkeep both types of flooring lol. Will you be going for a dark or light stain? How old are the floors? Any patchwork you have to do?

Gigs i was googling general pg stuff & it covered the weight gain stuff aswell - which most of our gain is baby, water, placenta & fats for stored breastmilk.. was just thinking of you as you said u gained 12lbs so far i think u said, i dont reckon its all fast food related lol i think for how many wks you are, the weight gain is in proportion so go fest out hehe! i copy & this..

Weight gain in pregnancy varies greatly. Most pregnant women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22lb to 26lb), putting on most of the weight after week 20. Much of the extra weight is due to your baby growing, but your body will also be storing fat, ready to make breast milk after your baby is born.

Kit thought about you all day yesterday. Biggest hugs

I agree with cb fest out! I love that hehe i’m Going to use that as my new treat yo self

Migraine and nauseous and stress so i’m Goin to attempt to close my eyes for 40 more m

Thanks guys. The cramping has started to get really bad now. They want to see me back in a week for another ultrasound, make sure everything’s leaving the way it should. It just all went so bad so quickly. I didn’t even realise I was bleeding until I went to the toilet and saw a mass of blood in my knickers, it had soaked through my leggings as well and I just hadn’t even noticed :cry: they couldn’t fit me in for 4 hours for a scan so I was just waiting and crying, at the time I hadn’t even considered that both had gone, so when I went in and I could see neither were moving, I just knew straight away. One measured 9+2 and the other was 10+6. I was supposed to be 11+2. I’m such a wreck guys, Lewis is much better at dealing so has taken Evie for the day. I’ve not even left my bed

Gigs,
It's a medium tint shade. I plan to only sand it, not stain it The floors are original with the house so 1942ish. So far, I've only found one spot, by the front door, that has a messed up slat. The house came with off-white carpet. With four dogs and various other pets in and out plush light carpet is a nightmare.

I'm doubting ovulation happened at this point- about right for the first time when sex was actually plentiful around normal ovulation time. - sigh.

I wrote a super long post and fell asleep before I posted it :dohh: so it’s gone because my phone refreshed the page. Sigh. I’ll just skip to what’s being talked about now.

Flueks the caramel apple drink sounds quite interesting. I’d totally try it.

Gigs I love pumpkin everything too! I actually love actual pumpkin, a lot of people just tend to like the cinnamon nutmeg etc spice mix without any actual pumpkin, but I looove pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins etc as well as of course the pumpkin spice coffee and all. I get caramel swirl in my iced coffee all year except for pumpkin spice season. Do you know when it becomes available? I also totally agree on wood floors. I think they’re absolutely gorgeous but less comfortable. Like walking around on cold tile in the morning sucks, wood floors can be the same way. Do you usually gain most of your weight after 20 weeks? Because if you tend to gain more linearly then you’d be on track.

Dobs hope you feel better! As a fellow migraine sufferer, I totally sympathize. The only good fix for me is Maxalt/rizatriptan AND a nap. Gotta have both, or it doesn’t work.

Kitty my heart breaks for you. It&#8217;s terrible that one had stopped growing over a week ago and you didn&#8217;t know, that must be devastating. My mom was a twin whose twin miscarried, (she said they found fetal tissue) but at least her poor mother still had her. I can&#8217;t imagine losing both. We&#8217;re all grieving for you. I cried telling my mother yesterday, which on one hand makes me feel bad because it&#8217;s not mine to cry about, but at least we know that I care deeply about my BnB friends. Totally spend the day in bed, the next week even, if you need to. Your hubby can watch Evie for a few more days. Still sending my love to your family for healing during this terrible time. <3

Kitty, I just can’t imagine. I don’t think I’d have ever thought they’d both be gone either. How devastating. I’m glad hubby could take Evie for a bit, but I hope you’re okay on your own. I can imagine it’s so much worse when you’re actively feeling the loss physically still too. I remember crying through my follow-up
u/s after my chemical, and I’d only even been pregnant a week, so I can only imagine how you feel. I know you’ve had difficult losses before and are sadly no stranger to them, but one of the things that helped me feel a tiny bit less awful (other than the passing of time) was knowing that something wasn’t right from the get go and my body was not broken or betraying me, but rather doing what was ultimately best. That’s very little consolation though, I know, and still seems so unfair. Have you spoken to anyone other than DH about this IRL? Huge hugs...

I finally have all my books except my lab manual, which is on its way. It’s tiny, so I didn’t worry about waiting to measure my books until I got it, as it won’t change the number. Here’s my stack of books just for this semester for only 2 classes, all but one of them for nursing 101. It’s about 11.5 inches tall, so nearly a foot.

F1868CC4-086F-46BB-979E-4817E3CCB4F0.jpg

my heart aches for you Kit, im so so sorry lovely.. i want to give u a big squeezy hug, such a nice thing hubby has took Evie out for the day, its really important you grieve & take time.. i know its so easy to say it as its a ton harden irl, lotsa hugs n love xxx

Shae i love that you measured your book stack haha! When are u back at college?

CB it&#8217;s just huge, I&#8217;m gonna need a suitcase to bring them to class! I move back in September 3rd. Nursing meeting on the 4th, classes start the 5th.

Speaking of college, my previously assigned roommate dropped out, so I&#8217;ve been moved into a different suite with a new roommate. I was previously going to be in the RA suite (I think I told you guys that) where I wouldn&#8217;t be able to drink at all really. Well I found my new roommate on facebook and started messaging her and turns out my new suite is a big party suite, so I&#8217;ll be able to drink if I want to. They also go crazy with decorations for holidays, so I&#8217;m super excited about that. She also reassured me that they&#8217;re nice about people going back to their rooms early and it shouldn&#8217;t be crazy noisy if I choose to do so. So yeah, that&#8217;s the new room situation. I can&#8217;t wait to move in, it&#8217;s so exciting!

Party party party at yours then Shae hehee!! No doubt you&#8217;ll have loadsa fun & need a drinking sesh to destress with all the hard work ;)

Rileys back at school on 5th aswell woop Lol

Thanks guys. The cramping has started to get really bad now. They want to see me back in a week for another ultrasound, make sure everything’s leaving the way it should. It just all went so bad so quickly. I didn’t even realise I was bleeding until I went to the toilet and saw a mass of blood in my knickers, it had soaked through my leggings as well and I just hadn’t even noticed :cry: they couldn’t fit me in for 4 hours for a scan so I was just waiting and crying, at the time I hadn’t even considered that both had gone, so when I went in and I could see neither were moving, I just knew straight away. One measured 9+2 and the other was 10+6. I was supposed to be 11+2. I’m such a wreck guys, Lewis is much better at dealing so has taken Evie for the day. I’ve not even left my bed

I’m so sorry Kitty. Sending you hugs. :cry::hugs:

CB are you excited for him to go back to school? I bet it&#8217;ll be loads easier without having to entertain him as many hours, so you can focus on Nuala and your pregnancy a bit more. Though looks like the baby will be due near Christmas, so he&#8217;ll be back home. Do schools in the U.K. have a long Christmas vacation?

Kit, I've no doubt you'll be feeling the emotional pain much more than Lewis since you were carrying them. Men just don't fully feel the weight of it I don't think...babies are pretty abstract to them until they see proof, like feeling kicks, or maybe not fully until baby is here. Feel free to talk as much as you need to, a lot of us have suffered losses and can empathize. For me, I think the worst of it was I couldn't just say "ok, let me distract myself to try and feel better", because my body was still physically dealing with cramping and bleeding...you're constantly reminded of what's happening and it's so damn hard. Also my stupid dog (bless him & God rest his soul!) had pulled my bloody girly products out of the trash and strewn it around my bedroom!!! I lost it when that happened, just absolutely cried to hubby...and snapped at him :blush: poor hubs. Anywho, I can't relate to such a late loss and my heart is so heavy for you. Maybe you can do something symbolic to help physically represent them; write a letter to them and bury it or release it somewhere (nearby river?), or light a candle/say a prayer...I love sentimental jewelry so maybe just a ring with two stone to wear and represent them.

I've been keeping you in my thoughts. I really hope youcan find peace with everything. And get lots of sleep if you can...time is the great healer but sleep definitely helps me too. And don't forget to eat, even if you don't feel like it.

Oh kitty, I'm so sorry to hear the news. I know you'll keep those babies in your heart forever. Much love to you and your family.

Ah Gigs thats such a lovely idea with the letter writing & symbolic jewellery.. the letter would be a lovely thing Kit, esp if you&#8217;ll find it hard to talk to anyone about it as im guessing not alot of people knew, maybe write down everything from finding out to whats happened etc.. :hugs:

Shae yes im excited that Rileys going back to school haha il miss him obvs but hes been so much hard work this 6wks Hols i been tearing my hair out & missing my favourite thing to de-stress.. Wine!! Lol!

He&#8217;ll be at school still when baby boy arrives but Christmas hols here is only just over 2wks do not too bad, plus with Crimbo he&#8217;ll have his presents, we go visit relatives sometimes but they can come to us to say hi this year, i not going anywhere as il be too tired & no doubt in abit of pain from the csection, & if anyone wants to invite us to dinner & cook il let them :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->