General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs praying the meds keep the contractions at bay, even for just a few more days for his lungs to be more developed, though hopefully for a few more weeks.

Gigs I know losing plug is far more scary and worrying when you’re contracting, I really hope he stays put until January. Do keep us updated as best you can, I’ll be thinking of you Hun xx

I love you guys :hugs:

I was getting them regularly all last night. They finally slowed to 12-14 minutes and got less strong so I just went to sleep. Been awake this morning about 20 minutes and none so far except maybe a small one.

I sat a lot yesterday but did drive around a bit and was on my feet more than I probably should have been...definitely going to take things much easier today. I feel better armed with my meds, too.

ENOUGH ABOUT ME!

Shae are you home for xmas now? Seeing the bf over vacation? Are your parents super proud of your school performance?

Kit how are things? Did you manage to shabe down the cabinet well enough to fit your appliance in? I want to see your kitchen when it's done! Or heck even a before and after.

Gigs omg what a whirlwind. I hope contractions stay at bay. V was born 34+6 and was very healthy. I didn't even get the steriod shot as my waters had broken and I was 3cm dilated by the time I got to hospital. As far as plug, I lost a large piece, think as long as your middle finger but not as thick. I lost it I think 3 to 4 days before her arrival. Plug can definitely regenerate but with what's going on I'd be more cautious about it. Hope he stays put longer though. Crazy how the pharmacy did that. It's not a medication that's okay to wait for.

CB ugh I gag with taste of that throat spray. My throat has been fine though starting yesterday morning. Ugh V would fall asleep at the boob and not want to wake. Hope you get some relief.

AFM well apparently DHs pcp didn't swab him for strep. So he may or may not have strep. He does have HFM!!! He has blisters all over his left hand and some on feet. He has one on his throat too. I have a blister on my middle finger and bottom left foot. Hoping it's not HFM, but wouldn't be surprised. I don't feel bad at least.

Ugggh what a mess! Hope everyone is tip top soon over there Fluek, and especially that you don't get sick! At least not worse!

And as predicted the kids are falling ill now, ha! Levin has a runny nose and Des was complaining of a hurt tummy this morning. They both seem ok so hoping it doesn't progress for either of them...

Last edited:
Gigs I hope it doesn't get worse for them. I hate it when kids are sick. V seems to be better and HFM shouldn't be contagious from her at Christmas. I suppose we may be wearing masks and gloves at out Christmas festivities. :rofl:

Looks like we'll be doing it together as Des threw up :roll: I am barely phased because I totally called this lol.
We have a big family dinner tomorrow and I'm hoping we all make it!

Just wondering...if y'all have a significant other did you get them something for the holidays? I got hubs a few things but his big gift is a sweatshirt. Sounds like a cheap cop out gift but it is made by an artist in canada that makes these really cool sketches to apply to her clothing. Between the actual item and shipping internationally it was a freakin $90 gift!

I already know hubs got me this tennis bracelet (cz, of course) that I've been oogling for some time so I am super stoked to get that!

Gigs I’ve been home for a week now, thank goodness. I’ve been able to see SO more often since we’re both home from college. And yes, my parents are quite proud :)
Sorry Des is sick :( have the contractions stopped?

Flueks sorry hubs has HFM. That doesn’t sound like fun.

No, they aren't stopping and in fact picked up again :roll: waiting for a call back from the ob on call right now. Fortunately she is the main person who dealt with me the other day.

Shae what did you get SO for xmas?

Sorry the contractions are starting up again, I will 100% show you a picture of the kitchen once all the stuffs put away :rofl: honestly half our kitchen is still in the boxes!!

I got Lewis a keyring with our move in date in on it and a personalised coupon book because we hardly ever do anything together anymore, I don’t know want Lewis got me but I doubt very much haha!

Gigs damn it I’m sorry they’re picking up again. Good thing you got the steroid shots, so if you do have Myles in the next few days his lungs will be better suited for his arrival.
I got SO two video games that were on his steam wish list. I have them scheduled so they arrive on Christmas morning at 5 am.

Kitty aw I love the coupon book thing, almost got that for SO one year but I decided I was too broke to order them and made something for him instead. Don’t remember what.

Gigs what irony. I forgot o mention I woke up at 4 with strong AF like cramps. I drank water, rolled on my side, emptied my bladder....not in that order. Went away thankfully. Sorry yours are ramping up. Well hoping Des will at least be over his bug by Christmas. Are you having to cook for the dinner tomorrow?

We split paying for electric fireplace. I also got him a ddpy water bottle, a knockoff yeti thermos, beard oil, and some disney themed game.

Shae enjoy time with SO and your family. Does he go to your family for Christmas and/or do you go to his??

That's neat about the games arriving at 5 a.m.Christmas day.

Kitty how sweet. We don't do much either as just the two of us. I really enjoy it when it happens though.

Kit What kind of coupons are in the book? I've never heard of this and I am intrigued :-k ugh moving sucks! Good luck to ya unpacking all the boxes.

Shae what is steam? What games did you get? Des got on hubby's xbox account and downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2 for him :rofl: bought on hubs' credit card of course! I had to laugh...then we had a serious talk about downloading things without permission :haha: it was sweet though, well intentioned.

OMG FLUEK IS IT KINGDOM HEARTS??? I saw they were coming out with a new one!!! So sad not on xbox!

Afm, same song and dance...contractions were coming less than 10 minutes apart but eased off about 40 minutes after my med dose. I called the obgyn and asked if i could take them less than 8 hours apart (as perscribed). She said yes, i can do 6-7 hours as needed but the worry is making my blood pressure too low as evidently this med is also to lower bp. So i have to be mindful of low bp symptoms now as well. I've tolerated the 8 hrs just fine though so thinking one hour won't make a huge difference.

She said nothing is going to stop my contractions, the goal is just to slow them as much as possibe.

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for him to stay put until at LEAST after xmas, but I really hope he is a 2019 baby!

Please stay put until January Baby Gigglebox! How many days/weeks will the Meds last you Gigs??

We decided that with the new baby & gifts we spent on the kids, we wouldn’t be doing gifts for each other this year or relatives, only our 2 & the Nieces & Nephews... but then of course in typical SO style hes gone out & got me 3 gifts from ours #eyeroll!!! I ended up getting him a huuuuuge bottle of Hugo Boss ‘Scent’ aftershave which is on offer but thats it lol it cost me around £40’ish but he told me not to get anything else for him after i said hes got 1 present lol! He likes his smellies, he doesn’t know what he’s got though :)

We be doing the Christmas food shop today, SO is going out early with a list ive written, lets see if he gets the right bits Lol

Flueks the blisters u have sounds like HFM :( i hope u dont get it bad hun..

Sadly, Dr said to me when Nuala had it in October, if you’v had it beforr you can still get it, big hugs

Kit yay & your in woop!! Send us a pic when most boxes are cleared :) I hope u & Evie are feeling alot better & your hubs hasn’t caught the HFM. Will u have a Christmas tree this year or leaving it until next year?

Last edited:
Gigs steam is a gaming platform for PC. You can buy most games for PC on it. I got him Dark Souls II and III.
Fx’d Myles hangs in there until after Christmas and New Years!

Flueks glad the cramps went away. I don’t have a fireplace at my house but my grandfather has an electric one and it’s lovely!
Since SO and I aren’t married/living together, we still spend Christmas with our respective families. He goes to his grandparents’ house every year, and I always am home for Christmas morning and it varies where we eat dinner, this year it’s at my house and my godmother and her family are coming over, sometimes we go to their house and we used to often go to my godfather’s house but he and his family moved to Georgia about 5.5 years ago I think.
Anyway. Once we’re living together we’ll either have our own little Christmas or we’ll see if we can get the whole family together or we’ll swap each year which house to go to etc. We haven’t talked about that yet since we’ve still got a few years.

CB I always have a hard time with gifts so it sucks when they buy you one and you’re like crap I have to get one just as good! Haha anyway sounds like you’ve got it covered with the super nice aftershave.

What’s everyone planning for Christmas meals/dinner?

In my family we have breakfast after opening our stockings, we have cinnamon rolls every year. Then for dinner this year we’re having spiral ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and tater tots for the picky kids. We’re having veggie and cheese platters, baked Brie with fig jam, and my mom’s chili dip for while the food is cooking. Mixed berry pie and cookies for dessert.
We always have christmas dinner on Christmas Day but I know some people do it on Christmas Eve.

Cb i hope you enjoy the gifts he got you! How nice though to not have to shop much. I am still wrapping gifts but I am just down to our 2 kiddos now :thumbup: which is only like 4-5 small things. Only trouble is wrapping them out of site!

My poor mom had to shop for our xmas stuff last night since I can't walk around. She was gone for HOURS. Meanwhile FIL #2 and his "thing" (married girlfriend) came to visit and that was nice and awkward lmao. They did buy us pizza for dinner so bonus there. But things definitely got uncomfortable briefly when FIL brought up wanting to make gf his wife...which she has been dragging him along for 5 years and still isn't officially divorced. In our personal conversations we call her the serpent in the grass lol.

Another question for y'all--what's your favorite holiday food this time of the year? I am SSOOOOOO looking forward to oyster stew! I love it!

Ohhh I could spend pages talking anout food :rofl: we have a tradition with the inlaws to have a dinner before xmas (which is today but with all the sick kids...we'll see--Levin threw up last night too).

Dinner's main course is lobster tails & prime rib with a lot of delicious side dishes. But the most fun part is we open "stocking stuffers", which are generally inexpensive gifts we have to feel, shake, smell, and guess before we get to open them. You are not allowed to open a gift until you figure it out. If you're truly stumped you get hints. It's actually quite fun!

Xmas eve we traditionally go out for Thai food. Yummmm

Xmas morning we have oyster stew and bagels.

Xmas dinner is usually cooked by my mom but this year MIL is hosting and it's a italian inspired lasagna dinner :thumbup:

Gigs wow I’ve never had oyster stew, what’s it like? I love New England clam chowder (the stuff at my school is the ultimate comfort food) but I imagine oyster stew is quite different from chowder. The Christmas Eve Eve dinner sounds amazing!

My favorite food at Christmas is green bean casserole. We have it at every single holiday because I love it so much. Really the only big difference between thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for my family is turkey vs ham lol, we’re not super creative haha but I like it.

Gigs I think it was some trivia board game. Although LOVE kingdom hearts!!! Once the 3rd one comes out will definitely have to buy it. DH has PS4 and I have XBOX1. FX for Myles to be a 2019 baby!!

OMG I can't imagine trying to wrap their presents. V thankfully goes to bed round 730 so it gives me plenty of time, but school age they go to bed later so I imagine that's challenging. I never dated anyone that was separated but not divorced. However I've never seen anyone like that ever divorce their spouse. That would be so awkward at the dinner table.

My fav holiday food is deviled eggs, yum!! Oh and that was so nice of your mom, I can't imagine shopping this close to Christmas.

CB oh I hate when ppl say no presents then they get you something and you feel guilty. Hope you both enjoy your gifts:)

Shae that makes sense. I just wasn't sure with as long as you'd been together.

I didn't feel like doing a big Christmas dinner so I'm just fixing a casserole for breakfast. Also it was requested I make my chocolate pecan pie so I'll fix that as well.

AFM I still only have the 3 blisters so I'm hoping I don't get full blown HFM. No more cramps :) poor DH has horrible HFM though. Hurt him to shower and put his shoes on. I'm hoping he feels better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->