General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Lol! Have you been checked recently or do they not do cervical checks there?

I bet you're miserable but lest you forget the infant stage! Enjoy these final days as they only end in sleepless nights :haha:

Wow that was profound.

Fluek why wouldn't you be able to get an epidural? Oh that's a good call about the mattress on the floor.
Yeah you may be wrong about the couch vs. Myles but you still win the bet over whoever said I'd have him last weekend :haha: sorry can't remember who that was :-k

And no worries asking. I actually have faith all will work out. Hubby is freaking. Basically there is an unexpected isdue with the building-- they need permits to operate as an auto repair shop. They can't get permits until some electrical issues have been updated. The problem is the guys had no idea; the owner of the property told them everything was set (because he was under the impression it was), so hubby put in his two weeks (which ends Friday). He is afraid the permits are going to take months to go through, or worse yet, the building owner will refuse to fix anything that is needed and that will kill the deal. meanwhile hubby's boss has given him the ultimatum that he either can stay (likely under a written contract) or leave as planned.

So, it's either blind faith that things work out or he stays at his current place and gives up his dream of owning a shop, but has some sort of financial security.

He could quit, wait and see about the permit, and if it falls through get a job in the next city, but that gives him an hour commute versus his current 15-20 minute commute, plus he'll probably have to work saturdays (he has them off right now).

And all the while he is unemployed, we collect more debt.

So yeah....stress! But I am not freaking out yet. I have labor on the brain 99% of the time lol

My concern is about no epi is how quick my labor was with V. From water breaking to birth was around 6 hours. I've heard labor is usually quicker the next time. I live 40 minutes from hospital but with dropping V off before we go it'll probably be around an hour. I had to wait for labs to come back before they would do epi with V and because I was transferred to another hospital it just delayed epi. I was 8.5cm before I got the epi.

Some people think I'm weird about the mattress on the floor but I don't see whats wrong with it for now. My poor mom would keep going on about seeing cute toddler beds.

Well it doesn't sound too bad for me. Here's hoping it gets fixed quickly so DH can relax. I'm a total worrywart about money. One of my downfalls I suppose.

Flueky, I see no issue with mattress on the floor. What do people see wrong about it?

Gigs, hmm. Depending on how quickly your municipality works on permits it can be quick or slow. Has the building owner said anything yet?
Fingers crossed for you guys that this deal works out!
I have a mw appointment next monday. So 37 weeks, with that she is offering cervical checks and sweeps if it feels right.

I feel like things get posted and I forget to answer to most of it by the time I read it and respond. Sorry ladies...

Afm, been crampy most of the day, especially when on my feet. Been feeling like someone needs their head ripped off. DH has been evasive of his plans for time off when baby is born. He just took over an office here, so there is no one to cover for him. DH was supposed to contact head office and figure it oit but he has yet to tell me the outcome. So I ripped his head of just a little bit when he didnt even want to tell me his plans for our next weekend on the big island where he needs to do some work. Ugh! I am coming along so it kind of affects me too...

Gigs gl with the permits. I vote follow dreams but easier said for sure

Fluek I had my mattress on the floor because that’s not weird in Asian culture plz bed frames piss me off. They cream and break and are annoying lol. A lot of my bfs hated it because they said only poor people do it but I just laugh and remind them I make more than they do cuz i’m A b*. Idk the context lol but beds on floors not weird to me

Pl hang in there! You can come to my class and yell at them. They got chewed out by the music teacher

Afm still fighting for my sanity. HFM at A’s daycare is taking out kids left and right. Im so tired I forgot to brush my teeth today so naturally had a log important Intimate meeting at work. Goo

I’d be annoyed too PL, and I’m not pregnant over here. I say go ahead with the nip stim so we can finally discover what you’re having!

Flueks I know lots of people with floor beds for kids, mainly because it’s just safer like you said. Strange to think some people have a problem with it.

Gigs I’m sorry about the business predicament. I admire your optimism and do feel like things have a way of working themselves out. You at least sound a bit happier about the c section plans, so that’s good to hear.

Shae defo no harm asking about the fridge. It’s also pretty shit to expect people to sleep with that kind of jarring noise.

Dobs I hope things get better for you. As dire as things seem and may in fact be, you’re clearly both smart and resilient so I’m confident you’ll figure things out somehow, even if you don’t yet know how.

I’ve forgotten everything else now, sorry :$

AFM my mum came to visit today, in an effort to be see her granddaughter more. I did talk to her after Christmas about how sad it was that everything else seemed to take priority, and she said she’d try harder. Tilly really does love her so it would be nice for her. I just hate telling her she’s coming, only for her to cancel at the last minute and then Tilly’s probably confused and disappointed.

In other news, we’ve finally reached the stage where we really have to watch what we say in case Tilly repeats it to other people. I was changing Tilly’s diaper at daycare the other day (obv she timed her poo for when I arrived to pick her up), and as I was changing her she loudly declared “mummy did a big, BIG poopy too,” and when I awkwardly laughed and exchanged “ah, silly, funny kids” glances with the workers and told Tilly I hadn’t done a poo, she raised the stakes and said with UTMOST conviction, “Not now mummy. Last night in toilet.” Yikes. Torn between a reluctance to deny obvious reality to my sweet child and maintain my ability to make eye contact with staff going forward, I just said, “Okay, Tilly, suuure,” hoping that it would come across as sincere confirmation of truth to her and confirmation of the ridiculous things toddlers say to everyone else. Relatedly, she’s been asking if Daddy has a vagina and I’ve been caught in a similar dilemma, since I can imagine some eyebrows raised if she starts talking about “Daddy’s penis” at daycare. I did end up telling her he had a penis, reluctantly spurred by my belief that we should teach her proper anatomical names (which I may reconsider), and of course she pronounced it PERFECTLY. And then went on to insist that my MIL (a prim and proper British Christian woman) also has a penis. So watch this space.

And yes we do talk a lot about poo at home (those in insta prob noticed). Well, she and I do. DH opposes it. Might pull back on this going forward though.

Gigs yikes that’s a tough situation. I’d never want anyone to give up on their dreams, yet at the same time money is already tight for you guys as it is, isn’t it? It’s definitely a difficult decision.

PL hm that’s odd that he won’t tell you. Has he not planned it yet perhaps, or maybe there’s a surprise involved?

Flueks maybe you progressed so fast last time because you went into labor so early? Idk how that works though, it’s just a thought.
My little sister definitely came way faster than I did. I was a 23 hour labor, my mom went to bed in early labor (probably didn’t sleep due to contractions), then got up and went to work while still in early labor, she was convinced it was just Braxton-Hicks despite being overdue and her coworkers told her no you’re in labor please leave. My sister was only 5-6 hours. I remember being woken up at midnight and put in the car in my footie pajamas (I was 5) and we drove to the birth center, and my sister was born at 5:23 am. They almost sent my mom home because her contractions weren’t as close together as they would’ve liked but she forced them to check her cervix and she was like 6 cm or something.

AFM still just tiny traces of blood in my CM but there’s been almost abnormally little CM so I’m still expecting AF to show up at some point.

Jez, I had to laugh at Tilly's wonderful sentences! L has a great skill to declare that he's had "Biiiiig pop" at the most inappropriate moments.. or a burp! In a loud carrying voice. We can't even sneak one out, without his loud declaration :haha:
Love yoir support on the nip stim, for the reason of finding out gender :haha: you are not wrong at all!! :haha:

Shae: definitely no surprise planned: not something we typically do. I mean, he could still tell me what day/time the appointments are at. Since he's already planning the weekend working, I assume he's got times or at least a lay out of his plans which he hasn't bothered to share. I understand he can't share details because of confidentially, but at least tell me what time you aren't available to us.

Dobs, I may have to take you up on that offer ;) someone still needs to get sorted out in this living room...
Fingers crossed hfm stays away from A! He seems to be catching a lot of colds already, you don't need that at home too!

Jez that’s super funny about Tilly, I think most kids go through a phase like that, much to the chagrin of their parents of course.

PL hm idk then. My SO is terrible about making plans in advance. It drives me up a wall. So if he wouldn’t tell me plans, it would be because he didn’t have any or it was a surprise (usually the former). Maybe your DH is in some kind of mood or something?

Dobs yikes I hope A doesn’t catch the HFM going around.

AFM I have clinical orientation tomorrow! We’re starting at 8 am instead of 6:30 am just for orientation (what a treat! *eye roll*). We’re meeting on campus and then going to the hospital at 11 am. I just made a lovely cup of decaf Lipton (it reminds me of my childhood so it calms me) and I’m having a little protein bar with it, then straight to sleep I go. I’m very nervous about the clinical but also very excited. I’m less nervous than I was all throughout break, thankfully. Bag is packed, forms filled out, scrubs hanging up. I’m more telling myself that I’m all ready than I am you guys lol.

Shae, its probably me who's in a mood and it's called pregnancy. DH is setting up appointments with his clients, so he better know and is just being stupid about leaving me in the dark.
Good luck at the clinical! You'll be fine, have faith in yourself :) you survived the first term and isn't that the one where they "sort out the weak"?!

Afm: had what I assume were a few good contractions when we went to bed but was able to go to sleep over them. They fiddled out. Slept 3 1/2 hours before pregnancy insomnia kicked in and a trip to the bathroom. Lower uterus feels "off" again.

PL unfortunately this semester is the one where they sort out the weak. Most people passed NSG101, the number of people in the lecture hall looks about the same, but next fall it may be half the size. The previous class had 50% fail this semester.

It took me forever to fall asleep so now I’m kinda exhausted. Lovely. Time for coffee.

Proper response later but for now...consider my pelvis un-rested :rofl:

OMG I forgot the "l" in "pelvis" and my phone suggested "piles" and that just made that sentence so much dirtier :X

Hahahaaa Gigs that cracked me up :haha: Anyway.. hope you enjoyed hubs & wasnt too uncomfy or crampy for you! Has your new Sofa arrived yet? Pics please when it does :)

Jez, Tillys poop story made me Lol! Nuala repeats EVERYTHING aswell! She was walking around the kitchen the other day saying ‘gods sake’ - cue my emoji of the monkey with hands over eyes/ears lol!

Pacific ooooh anymore contractions today??

Dobby, big hugs hun, im sorry things are poop right now, i cant get over how your Mums being & omg about the info in the spoiler! I have no words... Things can only get better eventually :hugs:

My besties due date yesterday, she’s asking her mw today for a sweep, fx it gets things going she’s truly had enough bless her

CB, Just Feeling uncomfortable in the cervix area and lower belly like a crampy sore feeling. Turning in bed actually hurt me last night.. looking down at myself, I feel like the bump is dropping, will have to take a picture later.

Gigs, hope you enjoyed!! ;) :haha:

PL it does sound like baby is engaged! Eee I hope things are favorable on Monday for a sweep! How's your uterus feeling?

Good luck Shae at clinicals. How has the earlier bedtime thing been working for you?

Jez I love your responses. Your little Tilly sounds like she is going to be a little comedian! Good luck on biting your tongue around her. I know Des repeated some very unfriendly choice words from me when he was that age lol. You just never know what they'll pick up on!

Ahhh yes boom boom time was nice. Not the greatest but certainly enjoyable in the moment! I thought for sure I'd pay with contractions all night but that wasn't the case :thumbup:

What HAS been happening is I'm slowly losing small chunks of plug. This happened once at 34 weeks, once yesterday morning, and again today (very small though)...wait maybe also the day before yesterday? I can't remember. It hasn't been a significant amount so I'm just writing it off. With Des I had a full on show so...

I can't believe I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. I am so happy to have made it this far, and especially happy to have made it past the holidays!

Gigs the early bedtime thing, it depends on the night. I napped Sunday afternoon, but haven’t since. The first 2 nights, I got to sleep at a reasonable hour. Last night not so much. I wasn’t tired cuz I barely did anything all day yesterday, I had no classes. So when I tried to fall asleep it took hours of tossing and turning. Not ideal right before a day long clinical. Oh and you’d probably be proud to hear that I’m cutting down on my sweet tea habit. I used to drink it at every meal, sometimes multiple glasses per meal, and now I limit myself to one glass of sweet tea per day (and never after lunch). I’ve been drinking water as my mealtime drink otherwise.

So I had a decent first day of clinical. My day went as follows: I had 1.5 cups of coffee and some oatmeal, discovered that my powder creamer is gross af, went to clinical at 8 am (later start for orientation), mostly did paperwork at my school, discovered my spotting was increasing during lunch break and threw in a tampon, did computer training, went to the floor and saw where stuff was, got a headache, got out at 5:30 (early release for orientation), realized I had 1/8 tank of gas, my phone died on the way home while I was using the GPS because my charger needs replacing (luckily I’d seen what exit I needed and I knew where to go from there), got gas, bought real creamer from the grocery store, was blessed with the last parking spot at the tiny lot for my building (otherwise I would’ve had to walk from a much further lot), and made it to dinner.
So right now I’m eating a tuna melt wrap, hoping my headache will go away. But I survived the day, so I’m happy. I’m alive, that’s enough right now. The instructor seems very nice, she is not very intimidating and has a welcoming and kind presence, whereas the previous instructor had a very intimidating presence. I’m excited to work with her. I have mixed feelings about working on the unit I’ve been assigned to because most of the patients are obese and transferring them will be very difficult compared to the skinny old ladies and men from the nursing home. It unfortunately makes many things more difficult, from transferring to bathing to catheterization. I hope that doesn’t come off as me fat-shaming the patients, because it’s certainly not meant that way and I don’t judge people based on their weight, it’s solely about the technical difficulty of the situation. Anyway, I’m excited to learn IVs and stuff and do more nursing stuff. We’ll be charting our assessments and vitals and helping give meds. We’ll have a mix of oncology, respiratory, surgical, palliative, overdose, and attempted suicide patients. The instructor said she doesn’t put us with suicide patients at least for the first few weeks because it’s a lot to handle. I can see why.

Gigs, yay for not paying the bd with contractions. That's awesome ;)

I am definitely asking the mw on at least checking the cervix to get an idea. ;) My mom isn't planning on coming up here until 39 weeks, so I don't know what to do if labor started before then. It would take her a minimum of 5 hours to get here and that is if she doesn't have to wait hours for a ferry.
I also don't like the idea of someone sitting around here looking funny at me everytime my face isn't smiles "oh was that a contraction? Are you in labor?" So it's twofold wanting her here and not....

Shae, I can definitely see how some wards are harder to handle then others. All will have their hardships, even the baby unit won't be happy every day. Some will take a physical toll, other days a mental toll on whatever unit has yiu. Just make sure you take good care of yourself. Hopefully the hospital will provide you all the tools necessary to succeed in all aspects.
I recently learned that here in bc, nurses have unlimited access to massages to help them with the physical strains of the job. Something the union provides.

Ooooh a massage sounds lovely right...

Glad your first day went well Shae! Yes I've heard obese patients can be trickier but it will be good for you to have that experience under your belt. And yes, i AM pleased with your reduction in sweet tea consumption!

PL could you invite her up and make some ground rules, like no pestering you on labor starting? Might also be nice just to have help with L while you sort through your stuff in the new place.

Afm...Myles is so insanely active tonight that he is causing all sorts of painful jolts in my crotch! I had to lay down just to try and get him into a less painful position. I told hubs I'm afraid he's going to bust my water and now hubs has handed me a towel to sleep on :haha:

In shop news, hubs has decided to still move forward with it :thumbup: so this is his last week! Things seems to be moving forward quickly with the legal crap so I remain optimistic!

The couch came but i'll have to get a pic tomorrow.

I keep catching 10:17 on the clock and wonder if thise numbers will have significance for this pregnancy, the way 5&8 did last time when those numbers got stuck in my head. Tomorrow is 1/17 so I'm wondering...hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->