• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

thanks to everyone. this is my first pregnancy. I have told SO and we are now just waiting for the DR apt. cramps still there but spotting only very light now. was going to take a digi test today just for s**ts and giggles

Sorry all work is still all shades of messed up and A just got official (albeit grain of salt) ASD diagnosis.

Flueks that’s true, I’d imagine geriatric patients would be the main issue. And they have a plethora of issues due to inability to care for themselves.
So glad V is doing well with not crying the moment you leave! I hope you get to exactly 37 weeks, right where you want it! Will your doctor have you stop taking the makena shots once you hit 37 weeks?

PL not really an formulas yet. We just have to know how to convert ml to tsp/tbsp/oz and convert between metric levels, like mcg to mg to g. The math is mostly “dimensional analysis” at this point. For instance, if you’re giving an IV medication and have an order for 300 mg, and the med comes in 250 mg/ml, you’d have to figure out how many ml to give, which in this case would be 1.2 ml.

Erin can’t wait to see that digi! Make sure when you get that dirt ultrasound to share it with us! We get sad when people jump in the thread about pregnancy tests or symptoms and then leave us straight after and we never see the rest of the pregnancy lol, we wanna see it all!

Dobs on one hand I know it sucks that it’s official A has ASD, but at the same time hopefully the diagnosis will help you get him the early intervention he needs to be as high functioning as possible. I’d say that the fact that he has started saying a few words is a good sign that he’s capable of being quite high functioning with proper intervention.

shaescott I will share it with you guys for sure, I am waiting to tell my family til at least 8 weeks My SO is excited but he isn't the best with the medical stuff or any of it so I don't have anyone to talk to about symptoms except you guys and it has really been helping me. As requested this wasn't FMU more like afternoon so not the strongest sample (TMI)

IMG_4244.jpg

Pacific I know, it's a huge transition and I'm blessed she has done so well. I can only hope her sister will be so easy. :haha: on the puppy bit. I suppose I'll donate any unused diapers.

Erin awesome on the digi!! Oh and there is like no tmi on this board :rofl:

Dobby sorry he has official diagnosis. :hugs: I think he'll be high functioning with as hard as you work with him.

Shae standard makena therapy ends during 36th week so my last injection will be at 36+2. I'm looking forward to the end of my itchy arms but in tge scheme of things it's just a mild annoyance.

Erin, No such thing as too much tmi! We go into detail here ;) if you think it's too much you can always put it into a spoiler (not that I know how to make them)
Nice test!

Shae, that doesn't sound too hard, mind you: i grew up with the metric system, adjusted to the double system when I came to Canada.

Flueky: could not agree more with you! Hope baby #2 is as easy as L! Hopefully L wasn't just some trick of nature to trick us into having more kids after him :haha:

Good morning/afternoon lovelies. 12DPO and the full progression. praying bean sticks AF would be due in a few days

IMG_4245.jpg

PL. I am a cat lady and coconut sounds so cute

Flukey. Hang in there! you've got this

my SO isnt circumcised so if we have a boy I don't think he will be either, just gotta teach about hygiene.

I am so surprised we have kept this a secret so far. we are both shocking with stuff like this. we live away from our fam and we have planned a trip in march at the 8/9 week mark to surprise everyone. we are talking about how we are going to do the reveal. ALL of our parents especially mothers are PESTERING non stop about babies and so far we have told them all it's not happening soon (even though we have been TTC since July last year)

a fun game. how did you ladies announce it to family and what are some fun ways we could.

Erin beautiful progression! Looks like the spotting was probably from implantation.

So today SO talked to me about delaying getting married a year from the date we had before. He really wants to go on a proper honeymoon and he’s concerned we won’t be able to afford it, since I’ll only be 7 months out of college on 11/12/21. It does make sense to delay it a year so I won’t be wedding planning during my senior year of college. So I agreed tentatively to move the date to 11/12/22. It’ll be on a Saturday that way anyway. We have lots of time to figure it out either way, though.

ETA: that also means delaying a baby for another year. :/ it’s unfortunate but honestly I agree with his logic, it’s smarter to wait an extra year.

Last edited:
With ds1 i announced to my mom in a belated bday card. It addressed her as "grandma" on the inside and there was a pic of the test. I think it also said something like "can't wait to meet you in 8 months". She cried. My dad was there and read the card but didn't get it right away. With the second i told her we were updating the spare bedroom and asked if she and my dad wanted to see it. When they walked in we had a sign that said "future bedroom of baby #2". Her reaction was way less impressive that time. She was happy but no tears. Third time I was afraid to tell her lol. I think she had reservations about me having a third, especially since I had a very rough delivery with ds2. I made hubs be with me while I face timed my parents and told them. My mom was like "ohhh...kay...well...another baby...? Congratulations..." :rofl: pretty much as I expected. She's smitten with him now that he's here though!

I won't go into details about telling inlaws but this last time was the best. We said "let's take a family picture" and got them in frame to pose, only instead of a picture we put it on video. Then hubby, who was taking the pic, said, "Ok everyone, say '[my name]'s pregnant!" And so they did, for some it registered immediately, for others, not so much. It went right over my MIL's head lol. But she was so excited when ahe "got it". They were all really happy for us and best part is i have that moment recorded.

With ds1 i announced to my mom in a belated bday card. It addressed her as "grandma" on the inside and there was a pic of the test. I think it also said something like "can't wait to meet you in 8 months". She cried. My dad was there and read the card but didn't get it right away. With the second i told her we were updating the spare bedroom and asked if she and my dad wanted to see it. When they walked in we had a sign that said "future bedroom of baby #2". Her reaction was way less impressive that time. She was happy but no tears. Third time I was afraid to tell her lol. I think she had reservations about me having a third, especially since I had a very rough delivery with ds2. I made hubs be with me while I face timed my parents and told them. My mom was like "ohhh...kay...well...another baby...? Congratulations..." :rofl: pretty much as I expected. She's smitten with him now that he's here though!

I won't go into details about telling inlaws but this last time was the best. We said "let's take a family picture" and got them in frame to pose, only instead of a picture we put it on video. Then hubby, who was taking the pic, said, "Ok everyone, say '[my name]'s pregnant!" And so they did, for some it registered immediately, for others, not so much. It went right over my MIL's head lol. But she was so excited when ahe "got it". They were all really happy for us and best part is i have that moment recorded.
I really like those stories! so cute, was thinking of taking a photo but instead a video of them all with SO up the back holding a sign then getting them to turn around

Erin - Nice progression. FX that this bean is sicky. When it came to telling SO that I was pg, I put it off until I was like 24 weeks along. I was worried he wouldn't wanna see me anymore based on comments he'd made in the past. So, it was nothing special. I just told him while we were standing around outside of my house. We talked for like 20 mins and he seemed to take it well. When I told my mom, I had a pic from each U/S in a multiple picture frame and she took it well too. We told SO's mom the next day over dinner. For social media, I just put together a little Harry Potter themed pic. When I told SO about my next pregnancy, we were just at dinner, so nothing special again. We never got around to telling anyone else cuz of my MMC, but some of my ideas were...

- Have DS unwrap a book about being a big brother in front on my mom on XMas day
- Put a "Best Bro" shirt on DS at 2 different family XMas gatherings
- Announce on social media with a pic of DS's, SO's and my stockings, with a tiny stocking on top of mine

One idea for you is to put a "mother-to-be on board" sign in the back window of your car and invite everyone outside to see the "upgrade" you've made to your car

Dobby - Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. But at least now you'll have a better idea of how to help him learn and develop going forward.

shae - Good for you for writing that. I hope that instructor gets what she deserves.

Flueky - I think lots of guys are fairly non-committal with lots of things. They just kind of roll with the punches. And making a new human is a pretty big deal. lol. FX S stays put for another 3 weeks at least.

Re: shaving. I try to wax and/or epliate my underarms and legs instead of shaving, but I've been slacking and getting away with it cuz it's winter. lol

Re: circumcision. I'm going to do everything in my power to not any anything to offend anyone, but I am EXTREMELY against it. I could never imagine putting my son through that. Hundreds of babies bleed out and die, have botched procedures, and/or end up back in hospital with collapsed lungs from screaming in pain every year. If someone doesn't wanna date your son cuz he's unsnipped, then feel relieved that you won't end up with a judgy bitch as a DIL. Totally unnecessary and with a complete lack of consent from the person it's being done to.

AFM, been doing opks for 3 days now. All negative, but that's to be expected; I'm only at CD13. I threw SO a bone this morning, we DTD. So, I guess you could say he threw me one too. ;) lol. Otherwise, not much to report.
17883904_10154643667728095_7623547349955691598_n.jpg 17861482_10154643223398095_2792114850840295427_n.jpg

Gigs I love the photo turned video idea! It’s a great way to get their reactions on video. I just might steal that idea in the future.

Pretty I understand where you’re coming from re: circumcision. That’s a big reason I’m considering not doing it, I don’t want to cause my future baby pain or harm.

Erin beautiful progression! Looks like the spotting was probably from implantation.

So today SO talked to me about delaying getting married a year from the date we had before. He really wants to go on a proper honeymoon and he’s concerned we won’t be able to afford it, since I’ll only be 7 months out of college on 11/12/21. It does make sense to delay it a year so I won’t be wedding planning during my senior year of college. So I agreed tentatively to move the date to 11/12/22. It’ll be on a Saturday that way anyway. We have lots of time to figure it out either way, though.

ETA: that also means delaying a baby for another year. :/ it’s unfortunate but honestly I agree with his logic, it’s smarter to wait an extra year.
Hey I think the spotting was harmless so far as it seems to have stopped for the last couple days

Erin - Nice progression. FX that this bean is sicky. When it came to telling SO that I was pg, I put it off until I was like 24 weeks along. I was worried he wouldn't wanna see me anymore based on comments he'd made in the past. So, it was nothing special. I just told him while we were standing around outside of my house. We talked for like 20 mins and he seemed to take it well. When I told my mom, I had a pic from each U/S in a multiple picture frame and she took it well too. We told SO's mom the next day over dinner. For social media, I just put together a little Harry Potter themed pic. When I told SO about my next pregnancy, we were just at dinner, so nothing special again. We never got around to telling anyone else cuz of my MMC, but some of my ideas were...

- Have DS unwrap a book about being a big brother in front on my mom on XMas day
- Put a "Best Bro" shirt on DS at 2 different family XMas gatherings
- Announce on social media with a pic of DS's, SO's and my stockings, with a tiny stocking on top of mine

One idea for you is to put a "mother-to-be on board" sign in the back window of your car and invite everyone outside to see the "upgrade" you've made to your car

Dobby - Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. But at least now you'll have a better idea of how to help him learn and develop going forward.

shae - Good for you for writing that. I hope that instructor gets what she deserves.

Flueky - I think lots of guys are fairly non-committal with lots of things. They just kind of roll with the punches. And making a new human is a pretty big deal. lol. FX S stays put for another 3 weeks at least.

Re: shaving. I try to wax and/or epliate my underarms and legs instead of shaving, but I've been slacking and getting away with it cuz it's winter. lol

Re: circumcision. I'm going to do everything in my power to not any anything to offend anyone, but I am EXTREMELY against it. I could never imagine putting my son through that. Hundreds of babies bleed out and die, have botched procedures, and/or end up back in hospital with collapsed lungs from screaming in pain every year. If someone doesn't wanna date your son cuz he's unsnipped, then feel relieved that you won't end up with a judgy bitch as a DIL. Totally unnecessary and with a complete lack of consent from the person it's being done to.

AFM, been doing opks for 3 days now. All negative, but that's to be expected; I'm only at CD13. I threw SO a bone this morning, we DTD. So, I guess you could say he threw me one too. ;) lol. Otherwise, not much to report.
View attachment 1053894 View attachment 1053896
I like a few of those ideas. thank you

Erin i like the idea of the surprise note in the picture, especially if you can somehow record their reaction to reviewing the photo.

Shae I forgot to comment but ssorry your plans may get moved back. In the scheme of things a year isn't much but it is basically putting your life on hold for a fair amount of time... but it's so far off, definitely time for plans to change again.

Erin, it sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Like I said before, I bled A LOT with my second baby, from the day of my bfp, until about 14 weeks. With my third, I had a lot of cramping and brown spotting, and discharge. At your appointment on Monday, they may want to do qualitative hcg blood draws, 48 hours apart, to see if your hcg is doubling well. Progesterone suppositories may help, too...they helped me.

Erin loving that Digi hehe! It always make a pg seem official when its on a Digi, congrats again :) The cramping & spotting you had was most probs implanting

Shae sorry your wedding date been pushed back a year, i can see the logic but id be feeling blue about it esp the waiting longer to ttc..

Pretty yay, so are u guys officially ttc bub no2? Eee!! No doubt you’ll be preggers in notime at all hun

Flueks i hearing you on the ocd of Haydens birth time lol! Adam was like ‘... yeah he was born at midday...’ ummm no he wasnt, annoyingly it was 11:59 haha!! Riley however was born at exactly 4:30pm, nice & easy to say for the first born lol! Have u had any more crampyness?? Im sure V will love being a big sister, it’s totally normal for them to act up & be lil monkeys to get alot more attention as Nuala has just gone through that, she’s calmed down abit now thank god!

Dobby,will they re-assess A in a couple of yrs? In the UK they dont do any diagnosis until 3-4yrs+ purely because children develop so differently/slower/sooner than others.. so what may seem as ASD may not be or be the very very mildest of the spectrum.

I sent my sister a pic of Hayden in his baby bouncy chair yesterday & she said she thought he was playing a guitar from how his hands are placed & the shape of the support bit that holds him in lol & now its all i can see.. i will post :haha:

C1303DDF-166B-4520-B376-62611469C5FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Omg cb I thought the same thing! Looks like he's jamming away lol

Dobs forgot to say when i strongly suspected asd with ds1 i was broken down. Then i realized it really made no difference in how much i loved him or how i would treat him. I think the hardest part is that we don't ever want our kids to struggle and we have ideas in our heads of what an asd diagnosis means, but try to forget any preconceived ideas and take things as they come. That said, it's entirely possible he just has delayed development. Hang in there :hugs:

Afm mil is helping out today while my mom is out of town. Mil is deiving me nuts...I've been trying to hide in my room. I can hear her theough the wall just barking at Levin, "no! Stop. Being it to me. Levin. Levvvvin. Bring it to me." And she even got cross with him telling him not to whine...??? "STOP whining. Just because the baby cries doesn't mean you have to." I'm like wtf? He's 20 months old! She is treating him like he's 3 and knows what she's saying. I started crying in my room...i just miss caretaking for my own kids.

Myles finally passed out after hourrrsss of fighting sleep so I guess I should try...it's hard since I can hear mil right through the door -.- kind of wishing we had a 2 story house eight now, or at least a bedroom that wasn't directly off the family room :roll:

Hey everyone hope ur all well!

CB hahah love that photo, it’s what I first thought when I saw it too! He is gorgeous!

Gigs!! Yay congratulations! So happy to see your update that Myles is here safe and well! Oh my goodness that last photo you posted, his button nose and big beautiful lips, he is perfect. Ouch on the nips, when Theo was around 16 hours old I was so tired I sorta half nodded off whilst feeding him, not realising he wasn’t latched properly, and omg the pain for around a week after everytime I fed for the first minute or two I literally had to breathe through it! My nips were cracked and actually bled slightly too. If you can try to soldier through it, it will get so much easier, those first few weeks can be tough. Love your reveal to the in-laws with the photo/video idea! So cute.

Michelle congrats on the BFP!

Erin- congrats as well! Your tests look great! It’s such a scary time in those first few weeks. With my 3rd I was so nervous (my friend recently had 3 misscarriages and I just felt the odds were against me) and then my tests actually did start to get lighter for a few days I was petrified! Turned out it was just the tests, there were no problems at all and she’s a healthy 2 year old. So even if your tests some days are slightly lighter etc it still doesn’t always mean something bad, can just be variations in dye, concentration of Urine etc x Congrats on the digi too!

Sorry I’m rubbish and can’t remneber everything, one thing that did stick in my mind though is circumcision. I don’t want to offend anyone but I do have very strong views on it. I saw a photo of a baby being strapped down to a board screaming on his way to have it done. I literally think it should be illegal. I’m sorry if I offend, I’ve never come across a circumcised man here (UK) so can’t comment on that but to do it to a baby makes me very very sad. I just think it should be part of teaching your kids hygiene, you wouldn’t have your kids teeth removed because they COULD become rotten due to poor hygiene, you teach them to clean them and take care of them. Same for Willy’s in my opinion. Anyway - Theo is nearly 6 MONTHS?! How did this happen?! He’s just lovely, he’s so smiley and happy. He’s started teething which is new to me (all my children has 0 teeth on their 1st bdays) so I feel sad that he’ll have little teeth so soon! I want to keep him as babyish as I can for as long as I can. He rolled over today for the first time. He has a new ‘jumperoo’ toy and has been loving bouncing in it!

9461B7B2-2CD7-4700-B670-24D4554B3619.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"