• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pacific i also second that ablut the sleep sacks te leaky nappies, it soaks into them as opposed to bedding & less washing, its fab! We have 3 sleep sacks, the Ikea ones are great arent they, my sister always used thrm with her babes :)

Gigs could he have trapped Wind? I never ever thought with bf they would get wind but Hayden gets loads, trying not wake him i slowly slide him up my boob until he’s slightly upright & always lets out a big burp lol! He would always twitch & squirm if i dont wind, my others never had bad wind. Myles clearly loves being snuggled upto Mum all cosy n warm :hugs: its lovely & annoying at the same time lol

Pretty get that extra favour in hehe ;) any ewcm is a real good ov sign! :)

Flueks, every day is a step closer!

I so cant wait to see pics of next couple of babies that are due eeee!!!

Hayden currently snoozing in his Basket, im having a coffee in the lounge before i get the other 2 ready for the school run! We had mainly sleet over night, its just cold! Bit miffed there was no snow but its still lurking apparently so we could still yet get some!

Erin when i was pg with both my sons my boobs were just achey, with my daughter my nipples were mega tingly straight away.. of course symptoms doesy mean your carrying any kind of gender but fun to guess Lol

Claireybell time will tell ha ha. I'm leaning towards girl but SO would love a boy.

I'm just terrified that I won't connect. my SO has always been the one who is great with kids and really wanted them while I've always been indifferent. I have never really been clucky. the reality of this sinking in and actually happening has started my panic button. I worry if I don't get that connection I'll feel terrible and miserable.

Thats a completely normal fear esp when first pg hun, i had panics like that with all 3 of my pregnancies & i got myself so upset like what if i just don’t love it?! Its crazy but as you progress & have scans will def connect abit more & some ladies dont get it until after baby has be born but its an instant that thing you want to snuggle your new baby :)

Day 2 of temping: total disaster. I woke up at 4 am to the sound of my fridge. It’s been doing this thing where it goes off and a louder sound is happening on top of the usual one, and if I kick it hard enough in the side of the fridge it stops. I didn’t think to temp because I didn’t hear my BBT alarm, so I tried to go back to sleep for 45 minutes but failed. And then for some reason my BBT alarm never went off at 4:45 am anyway. Weird. I made a new alarm, hopefully that’ll work next week. I took my temp anyway but it was 97.78 and I know I’m too early to be ovulating so I’m tossing that number cuz it’s way too high, yesterday was 97.10.

Okay, off to get ready for clinical.

Good news, just got the alert that we have a delay. Instructor texted us to be there at 11 am, so I get to go back to sleep! Bless Jesus ugh I’m so tired

ETA: also my clinical classmates offered to give me a ride, so I don’t have to worry about my brakes failing on the way there!

Last edited:
Erin--i swear every mom ever has a couple freak outs during pregnancy:
#1. The "what if I don't love it" freak out
#2. The "what if it's unhealthy/doesn't make it?" Freak out
#3. The "holy shit i'm having a baby how on earth will i handle momhood" freak out

You will love it. I can almost guarantee it. When exactly that love sets in will vary for everyone, but you naturally will have some type of bond with it as it grows and like cb said you see it on an ultrasound and then start feeling movements. We did discuss a couple days back about the actual love bond and while it may not happen the instant you lay your eyes on your newborn, it WILL happen!

Of course I can't guarantee the outcome of the #2 freak out, but things usually are fine and relatively uneventful for most pregnancies.

And #3...you figure things out as you go!

Shae, yay for more sleep!

Cb the fleece is a good idea! I'm going to have to try SOMETHING. My back is so sore in the mornings. I'm a side sleeper usually...this kid is cramping my style! I tried to swaddle him but not much luck, but i do recall the hospital gifted us one of those velcro swaddle wraps so i may have to bust that out...

Temping is back on track! Temped just now, got 97.11, legit 0.01 off from yesterday :haha: anyway that’s almost definitely right, not 97.78 lol.

Erin: I'll second gigs. I have never felt a huge connection to either one of my pregnancies. We just had a discussion about insta love here a few days ago and it appears that it wasn't even instant for a number of us once baby was born. It's your baby, so itll happen, no worries!

Cb, I saw on the news that some areas around you got quite a bit of snow! To the point of airports shutting down!
We don't get snow here (like a day per year!), But they are calling for snow on the weekend. I call BS until it happens ;) we do live a bit closer to the Rocky mountains now, so have seen more frosty nights then we have seen on our previous property/home.

Erin, ment to comment on the "eviction from town at 8 months". We have an area like that not too far from us (well, ok a few hours drive over windy roads), my area is good for uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries. But if baby wants to come before 36 weeks, they chopper you out: weather permitting of course!

On the plus side: I have been told that the 2 delivery suits look nothing like hospital setting, and because they are so open to home births here I already have a room waiting for me.

Waiting for my mw now, appointment isn't for another 2 hours. DH is working out of town today and I worry he'll miss the last ferry back. Did tell him multiple times not to miss it, so I hope he won't chat up too many clients for too long today.

Have any of you lovely ladies gone back to training in something completely different? Ever since I’ve gone back to work I’ve realised how much of my life I’m wasting doing something I hate! I’m intelligent and want to do something worthwhile but im scared to take the leap because of all the financial commitments I have (Evie + mortgage)

Last edited:
Kitty, I haven't personally changed careers per se, but DH did 1 1/2 years ago. From an onlooker perspective, it's most important to find a career that you know you will enjoy even on those "boring or bad days".
Depending on what you choose, some employers will even pay for your education, licensing, etc or whatever else is needed. We were fortunate that DH passed multiple interviews, clearances, etc and then they paid him to study, and take exams to be licensed in his field.
We knew for years he wasn't happy with his previous field, and it did take him a while to figure out what he wanted to do. I just supported him best I could.
Any idea what you want to do?

Pretty EWCM is awesome. I bet that opk is positive today!!

Gigs they are doing gbs swab Monday at 35 weeks so I assume at my appt then. Kinda might as well if they are poking around there :haha:

Shae my first tattoo was a large lower back piece. I just tried to focus on something else to distact from the pain. My other tattoo is on my upper arm, it's a full band and wasn't nearly as bad. I would start small. So glad it was delayed so you got some more sleep and it was safer to go out.

Cb get any snow??? Oh and yes I just count each day as a milestone. Excited to get to Saturday.

Erin I agree with what others have said. I think it's really rare for a mother to never develop that love for their child. I never wanted kids until I met my husband and babyfever didn't strike until 3 years into our relationship.

Pacific hope your appt went well and dH makes it home.

AFM nursery is almost completed and my labor bag is essentially packed. So I shouldn't have same problems with V. Ugh working on nursery in those small sleep windows is a bit annoying.

Kitty, I haven't personally changed careers per se, but DH did 1 1/2 years ago. From an onlooker perspective, it's most important to find a career that you know you will enjoy even on those "boring or bad days".
Depending on what you choose, some employers will even pay for your education, licensing, etc or whatever else is needed. We were fortunate that DH passed multiple interviews, clearances, etc and then they paid him to study, and take exams to be licensed in his field.
We knew for years he wasn't happy with his previous field, and it did take him a while to figure out what he wanted to do. I just supported him best I could.
Any idea what you want to do?

I’m not 100%, but I’ve just started to look into some A Levels (which I believe are equivalent to American SATII or CEEP’s, but don’t quote me on that haha)

I’m looking at doing biology, psychology and Maths, as I’ve always been good at biology and maths and psychology fascinates me. But I’m not sure what I want to do career wise, I just know i definitely don’t want to stay where I am, I feel like my brain is disintegrating, it’s mind numbing.

thanks everyone for the continua support. my results from blood work come in tomorrow so just waiting for that I suppose. I can never pinpoint my cycle as it changes from 26,28 & 30. 26 AF was due 28th and 28 was due yesterday, still no bleeding, so just gotta hold out for the last possible one of tomorrow.

PL. at least your town supports child birth. my town has the highest rate of pregnancies in the entire state and we have no facility. that's what you get for a mine town I guess. Hope all goes well for you.

shaescott good luck on temping

KittyKat great that you're looking into study psychology also fascinates me. I've always wanted to be a criminal psychologist. serial killers fascinate me with the psychology behind it.

Kitty, USA equivalent don't tell me much, I am in Canada ;)
Biology alone is a huge field, I have a friend (actually due any day now), in her late 30s, expecting #1, has a university biology degree. She worked pet store retail with me until her early 30s and then switched to vet tech. She could not find a job in her field of study...
Try to nail it down what you really want to do, and go from there. Have a poke around what is available job wise, who is willing to train you for it or what is necessary to become hireable. Do you have a supportive DH?
My DH joined the financial sector and he could not be happier helping people figure out their money's and helping them into retirement. I see him come home happier after work and he gets to spent more time with us.

Erin, that sucks... How far will you have to go for delivery? Or will you find out at the first appointment?
My town averages about 8 births a month...

Afm, mw was here. She doesn't think baby will be here in the next few days *boooo!!* Baby's head is engaged, cervix is shortening (2cm) and 1 cm dialated. She did a what she called gentle sweep, wasn't uncomfortable or anything, but I am not holding my breath.
Told my mw i am not at all oppoosed to epidural considering my last birth. She did remind me that my chances of successful vbac are slightly higher without epidural. Less interventions usually without it....

Kitty life is too short to do something you hate. I think you should find out what you want to do so you don't get a degree that you can't really use or don't want to do what you can with yours. DH got a history degree before we met, yet he didn't want to teach and their aren't many museums around here.

Erin your scan wouldn't be too far off if any then if you use lmp. I was 2 days off from lmp by measurements at almost 8 weeks but they kept lmp since it was so close. I was a week behind lmp with my first so they changed edd with her. I Od a week later than standard 28 day cycle so I fully expected to measure what I did.

Are you in US?? Do you live in VA or WV?? You don't have to say if you don't want to but if I recall those are big mining areas. Births in the region are mainly going down except for my county. It's a poor county that's fairly rural. How far is closest hospital that delivers?? As a first timer you should have plenty of time to get to hospital.

Pacific sorry it look like baby is feeling snug. As far as epidural I think it's typically if you get it too early it can stall progression. It did stall me a bit from 8.5 to 10cm but it was a much needed rest/stall. I'm no expert though especially with vbac.

Kitty, USA equivalent don't tell me much, I am in Canada ;)
Biology alone is a huge field, I have a friend (actually due any day now), in her late 30s, expecting #1, has a university biology degree. She worked pet store retail with me until her early 30s and then switched to vet tech. She could not find a job in her field of study...
Try to nail it down what you really want to do, and go from there. Have a poke around what is available job wise, who is willing to train you for it or what is necessary to become hireable. Do you have a supportive DH?
My DH joined the financial sector and he could not be happier helping people figure out their money's and helping them into retirement. I see him come home happier after work and he gets to spent more time with us.

Erin, that sucks... How far will you have to go for delivery? Or will you find out at the first appointment?
My town averages about 8 births a month...

Afm, mw was here. She doesn't think baby will be here in the next few days *boooo!!* Baby's head is engaged, cervix is shortening (2cm) and 1 cm dialated. She did a what she called gentle sweep, wasn't uncomfortable or anything, but I am not holding my breath.
Told my mw i am not at all oppoosed to epidural considering my last birth. She did remind me that my chances of successful vbac are slightly higher without epidural. Less interventions usually without it....

Haha sorry, a quick google seems to be that A-Levels are equivalent to grade 13 in Canada :shrug: in Britain a levels are required to get into university, and they have to be in a relevant subject so I feel like taking 3 a Levels in interesting fields gives me a little while to find out what I want to do and then I’d go from there haha. I will like to something medical, but I’m just not sure what, I suppose I’d see what I get on my A Levels and go from there!

Wow pretty that’s a blazing positive OPK!

Flueky, my mw says to call when 4-1-1 happens: contractions every 4 minutes, for 1 minute and that happens for 1 hour. She expects to be at my house in about an hour so by that time they may come quicker or fizzle out. Then we make a judgement on going to the hospital. Is that early or does that depend on dialiation?
Also, if my waters break at night and no contractions yet, she says to go to sleep. We'll need it. I am a bit hesitant on that, gynecologist said to come in, they don't like to wait that long but he has been made aware that I am due any day now for a vbac at his hospital with a midwife.

Kitty, hmm, Canada still offers grade 13? I think that got phased out. I remember Germany had it when we left but again they were trying to phase it out. It's kind of a year to prep you for university, like an in-between..?
Maybe talk to a career counselor? They may be able to tell you what's up and coming, tell you of careers you havent thought off? And of course the path to get there.

Pretty, get on the pogo stick and start bouncing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->