• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Flueks I echo everyone else on the mucus plug, you’re probably fine.

Erin wow that’s an awesome number for the hcg! That’s crazy that there’s no nearby hospitals. Sounds quite dangerous. If someone gets hurt, does the ambulance take hours to get them to the hospital? Do they have to come from the hospital or are there local ones? I live in a town that’s a mix of rural and suburban, so we have many of the suburban amenities (Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonald’s, multiple banks, a childcare center, a nursing home) despite being nicknamed cow town by the neighboring towns (yes, we actually have cows). The nearest hospital is probably 15 minutes away, one with a trauma center is 30 minutes.
We do have a hospital here and an emergency department which can cover the basics, if it is serious they get flown out by the rural plane, takes about an hour and a half each way. or depending on where the nearest plane is.
yeah the HCG was high, trying not to think twins at the moment as I got a line at 8DPO. unless I actually ovulated earlier than I though. SO and I dd every 2 days still even when not TTC been together almost 11 years.

Erin from what I've seen, lines that get super dark really fast tend to be more of an indication of twins than just getting a line early. I wouldn't worry...but are you ok? You don't sound particularly excited about being pregnant. Forgive me if I'm wrong though; hard to judge with text and no tone.

Erin from what I've seen, lines that get super dark really fast tend to be more of an indication of twins than just getting a line early. I wouldn't worry...but are you ok? You don't sound particularly excited about being pregnant. Forgive me if I'm wrong though; hard to judge with text and no tone.
I am ok, I am excited but apprehensive as I have never been the clucky type and I'm worried about the bond thing which I brought up but seem to be ok with now. I'm more pessimistic in nature I guess but I think when I have that first look at 8 weeks it will change. I have a SO who wants this and it supportive but I have a lot of thoughts and a lot of self searching questions I guess.

Shae, rural areas aren't always set up to deliver babies, it's very specialized. They often do have emergency care, but beyond that they'd rely on helicopter and/or airplanes.
When we lived in the oil town before coming back to the coast, they were set up for babies, however: if mom came into the hospital to deliver she could get an epidural. However as soon as there is another laboring mom involved, they no longer offered it. Yet they had an 80% C-section rate which is why we opted against kids when we lived there. Got pregnant the month we moved back :haha: my friends friend got released within 5 hours of her csection. rural isn't always good!

Our rural here: I was told the doctor is tight on 2 nights in hospital after C-section here with an easy option for 3. (Which is exactly what my options where in the larger hospital.)

Erin, I know what you mean: I wasn't the maternal type either... But youll find your heart will expand when the right time comes.
When I met DH 9 years ago, he did not want kids for fear he'd turn out like his dad (he walked out on his family for another woman when son #4 was born) and I was happy with it. I was busy training dogs. Things have definitely changed since ;)

Pacific he told her he was leaving no matter what. It shouldn't be an issue anyways.

Erin might be. I know a girl on the forum had a 3+ on digi on AF due date that had twins. I've heard thar betas and tests arent really reliable for twins. Oh and if you had a 26 day cycle then you'd been 15dpo with that beta which isn't unheard of especially if you implanted early and had first bfp at 8dpo. I got mine at 9dpo with this pregnancy which has always been a singleton.

Regarding rural hospitals the one nearest me is rural but I don't want either OB group in town. Rather drive 40 minutes to better hospital and OB group. Having some strong cramps here and there. Better time them. I really hope they fizzle out.

Flueky, sent those contractions over, I am ready to push this baby out ;) fx yours fizzle out.

Reminds me, I should pack a hospital bag...

Pacific girl get on packing that bag :haha: so far not increasing. Just trying to rest and drink water.

I also don't want to get too excited about my readings cause I'd like twins. so trying not to get my hopes up.

Flueks - hope things don’t escalate from here re your plug, send those contractions over to Pacific :) Keep us posted hun

Gigs - dont stress about the non-weight gain with Myles just yet esp if the midwife/health visitor isn’t, Weight gain isnt always instant, hes only just over a week old :) When you lay him to sleep & he wakes minutes later, is he warm enough do you think? Just tryingvto eliminate all reasons for waking - although sometimes they just like cuddles & can smell the milk on us when bf’ing.. i have Hayden in long sleeved bodysuit/vest top & his long sleeved babygrow & then his sleep sack

Oh yes it did Snow last night, it did lay but very lightly, probs about 10-15cm.. its still around but starting to melt, our house (apart from me) is all ill inc the baby urhhh all have Colds its rubbish so i kept Riley off school today & plus I couldn’t walk up the hill with the dbl buggy in the snow, paths are too slippery

Erin I was opposite, didn't want twins :haha:

CB they fizzled out or went to pacific hehe. I think I'll have a February baby, but that's been my gut instinct all along. Sorry for all the illness, baby worst of all. I hate them sick so young as their airways are so tiny.

For fun I thought I'd post 34 week bump comparison. Left is S/now, right is V.

20190131_210824.jpg

Awww look at you Fluek! You look so cute. I think you all around look better this pregnancy; your bump looks rounder, your overall a bit more trim, and i like your hair length now. Not that you looked bad before...

Cb he sleeps in a short sleeved onesie (vest) and a long sleeve onesie, then the wrap. Do you think that's too cool? I am so afraid of overheating him!

Aww Flueks you look lovely :) i miss my bump lol but not the pg pain ha!

Gigs if hes in a sleep sack - what tog is it? Ours is a 2.5 tog.. Hayden is lovely & cosy in it & def not over heated. My friends baby whos now a week old, she dresses him with short sleeve & longsleeve over the top & he wakes in the night alot more after hes been put down as opppsed to daytime, her house is proper cold at night as its an old house & rubbish insulation, so last night she tried him in the long sleeved vest & long sleeved onsie, sleep sack etc & said he slept better, it just stops the coldness getting the arms so it shouldnt overheat him - always worth a try? i always wonder if thats why Riley & Nuala were rubbish baby sleepers as they were too cold at night..

Cb, snow is pretty to look at ;) having lived in the prairies, I am done with cold weather below -10c! ;) Enjoy your white winter wonderland!

Had a few cramps last night, but nothing major..

Except: my dog is limping. Pretty sure he slipped a little too hard on the kitchen floor this morning in excitment for food, I keep telling him to slow down, but the old man won't listen. He's 90lbs, 10 years old, and refuses to slow down.
I have seen him slip harder, but who knows how wrong his feet went this morning. Always something!

Gotta go into town and get some groceries today.

Ah i hope your dog will be ok a Pacific..

Ha i know, i really hate cold weather but Snow is pretty to look at, i wont drive in it though, last time i drove in Snow, i parked it at top of our hill but on the flat bit of road before the hill declines & i looked out of my window 20 mins later laughing at some car sliding down the hill & only to realise it was mine :rofl: i did poop myself abit!

Hope u get what u need from the shops today :)

Cb :haha: I just about peed myself laughing, did you forget the parking break?
I don't mind driving in snow, in the prairies the snow is so dry that it literaly just blows away from under your tires and you leave a big white cloud behind. Sucks when you have oncoming traffic, especially trucks as it leaves you totally blind for a few seconds. But the roads under that snow are dry too!

Flueks lovely bump!

PL oh no poor doggie! I hope the limp goes away fast!

CB omg that’s so funny about the car, I would’ve crapped myself though, it’d be terrifying in the moment.

Going into “hell week” for school, we have 2 exams, a quiz, multiple assignments due, sim lab prep then going to sim lab, and clinical. I’m about to be very stressed. Who am I kidding, I’m always stressed.

I wish our snow was more like that but its icy wet Snow & when it melts goes all slushy & freezes like a sheet of ice eek!

Lol no thats the thing, handbrake was on the lot, only thing i can think of is another car had just knocked it slighty as there was lotsa fresh snow laying & it just sent my dear lil Ford Focus on its way Lol! God knows how i managed to get in it & get it onto our drive but i did, i had a large glass of Wine when i got back indoors as i was abit shakey :rofl: if it had sailed right down the hill, it would’ve crashed straight through a wall into someones Porch! Ah the tales of my snowy drives hahaa

Shae i think you should have a couple of drinkies if you got a stressy week ahead hun, you work so hard all the time so you deserve it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->