• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Erin thanks, but I’m quite young, my looks will likely fade. And of course it’s hard for most people to see themselves as pretty or beautiful, even if they are. I can be very self conscious, in high school I was the ugly weirdo, and I don’t look much different now than I did then lol. I definutely struggle with self image. Most of the time I think I’m adequate haha. So you’re likely much more beautiful than you think you are.

Re: dating scan, to make sure it’s not too early you’ll want to do when you’re 6 weeks *based on* date of conception, but not 6 weeks *from* conception. If your due date is the same using LMP and conception date then it doesn’t matter, but if you have cycles longer than 28 days your ovulation day is likely later than CD14, so you’ll be 2 weeks at ovulation, not at CD14. If you ovulated on, for instance, CD21, your LMP would say you were 5 weeks when your period was due but your conception date would say you were 4 weeks when your period was due. Hopefully that makes sense?

ETA: it’s fine to do a dating scan at 8 weeks too, so you’re not in a rush.

In the uk they always go by LMP date & dating scan is between 11-14wks, ave scan date is 12wks though.. they wont date it before then as the baby grows at diff rates

CB yeah when I looked it up it said UK does it a little later generally, they can be as early as 6 weeks but 8-13 is more usual and UK I saw 10-13 weeks. I’d just recommend not going by LMP for 6 weeks because if by conception date you’re under 6 weeks, they might not be able to find the baby or see a heartbeat, causing concern when nothing is wrong. For an 8 week or later scan going by LMP would be fine I think. Doctors offices usually go by LMP because they doubt people actually know the exact day of ovulation, and then if the dating scan shows the baby measuring behind, they’ll adjust the date. But please correct me if I’m wrong cuz I totally could be lol

If you know when you ovulated, calculate backwards 2 weeks and use that as your lmp.

I have no advice as to when you should get a scan but the later you go, the more you'll be able to see.

Shae you're going to be the hot nurse everyone requests hehe

Erin- what gigs said lol, I think I made it more complicated than it needs to be.

Gigs- wow thank you, that’s so sweet! I guess we’ll have to see how I age :haha:

So have i bitched to y'all about my dad before? I'm sure after all this time I have...basically my biggest qualm is he is preventing my mon from living closer because he wants to move out of state. My mom wants to be closer to her grandkids. He wants to put them another hour further away. You'd think at nearly 70 his priorities would be family, but nope!

Anyway yesterday he came to meet the baby. Now i will say i love my dad but I don't have that much respect for him, especially when it cones to family (and personal health). Well Myles was napping and starting to stir, so i asked my dad if he'd like to hold him before he woke up. He said sure, but then my mom said "you have to wash your hands though". So my dad kind of struggles to close the recliner he's sitting in, sits up and grunts, and then says "maybe i'll pass this time." HE DIDN'T WANT TO GET UP TO WASH HIS FUCKING HANDS. My mom called him out and he laughed it off...i offered him hand sanitizer, and he agreed to that. So he ended up holding the baby, awkwardly, for 2-3 minutes.

I swear, he acts like an 85 year old morbidly obese person. He's got a pot belly but is mostly just weak and lazy and won't do anything for himself. I am so disappointed in the grandfather he is. I should have known as he wasn't the greatest father...i guess I expected more since he's always been better with my brothers. But honestly i think his being so unfit is really hindering the rest of his life.

Sorry just had to bitch.

Gigs wow yeah, passing on holding your newborn grandson because you’re too lazy to wash your hands is a new level of laziness. If my dad ever did that my mom would flip. My dad isn’t obese though, he has a potbelly but it’s genetic. My mom is probably technically obese, maybe on the cusp between overweight and obese, not sure. But she loves babies so she’d never pass up an opportunity to hold one. She’s also perfectly functional and active. That to say, I think though his weight can make it harder to function, it’s just being super lazy to not get up and wash his hands.

Gigs, that would irritate me too. Like get off your pratt and hold this babehhhh!!! Ugh. Nope.

Shae- Awww. You ARE pretty.

Pretty- I had my tongue and nips pierced for about 17 years, and I took everything out (my navel and clitoral hood piercing too) when i was about 28 weeks along with my oldest. Love the multi-tongue...super cute and fun.

CB - Did I read that you were sterilized after Hayden? Like a tubal? I had one too. I'm not sure I love my cycles after having it done, to be honest. Happy the baby shop is closed, but my periods have been terrible, and I'm not sure if the tubal had anything to do with that or not...

Dobs- It seems quite early to have A diagnosed with ASD. My pediatrician doesn't administer the MCHAT until a child is at least 2. But, at least this way, you can take advantages of services and such.

Erin your progression is wonderful and cramping continued for me as bean is snuggling in and your uterus is growing :) we announced with photocard with ultrasound photo at Christmas with our first. I was 12 weeks at the time. With my 2nd we had my dd in a big sister onesie and had our parents over for dinner. I was 8 weeks but was worried I might need more help due to fatigue.

Agree count 2 weeks before O and judge weeks starting then. LMP can be unreliable if you have long cycle or irregular. An ultrasound at 6 weeks since LMP is pretty early and if dates are off you may not see a heartbeat. I think around 8 weeks is standard in US and 12ish for UK. Both mine were done at 7 weeks. Saw heartbeat and little bean.

Shae that stinks. I can understand his logic though especially if you want a "fancier" wedding. You look gorgeous!!

Pretty any updates on opks. It's good to hear that he is aware you are ttc and he is okay with that. I don't think I could stand nipple piercings. I'm not much on piercings for myself though, just one to each ear. I'm bland :haha:

Pacific happy 38 weeks!!! I don't think I'd want to venture out with NB on day 1 or 2. I'm too afraid with flu season anyways right now. Hope you feel better soon. I had a cold when I got home pp. It was mild thankfully.

CB just some irregular cramps nothing consistent or any "painful" as Thursday morning. :rofl: All I see is the "guitar" now.

Gigs sorry for MIL but glad it was only a day. Is she going to watch both of your SILs kids?? Have your nips recovered??

I can't believe he wasn't going to hold baby because he was too lazy to hold him. I would be really hurt by this as well. :hugs:

Keeps Theo is so cute. Ty for sharing. Are your girls well?

AFM had appt today. No cervix check as I haven't had regular cramping/contractions. Everything lools great. I didn't gain any from 2 weeks ago but I've gained 23 lbs overall. It's getting harder to eat and I've been trying to eat a bit healthier again. My next appt is one week at 35 weeks. I thought my weekly would start at 36, but no big deal really.

Had shower at work. Scored some gift cards, money, and diapers/wipes. Had fun too with some games. My fav was the mad lib. I forgot how fun those are.

Shae, cute hair! You could definitely pass as a natural ;)

I am too chicken for piercings besides my standard earlobes. However with having longhaired 90lbs dogs that snuggle, their hair has the potential to wrap around studds.. ouch when they pull away.

Gigs, wow that is lazy! Who doesn't want to get to know their grandbaby!
Speaking of inlaws: I asked DH if his mom had mentioned anything about coming up after baby is born (he saw her for a few hours this weekend), and the answer was nope! I do expect fil to fly accross the country again to see grandkids (L was about 4 weeks old when he flew out) and he was awesome. Could not get enough nap time with baby L. I only had L back for feeds and diapers ;) but other then that my hands were free.
DH has mentioned that his sister wants to fly out here to see baby too. I just said: visitors are fine, as long as they don't expect me to be their hotel host. They can cook a meal, set a table, clean dishes... You get my drift!

As for our cold: it seems to have been a fairly mild strain. Thankfully!!! L has turned me into his personal nose picker... "Mama nasenpopel" (translation: mama nose booger!") Grabs my hands and pulls my fingers into his nose ... :shock:

Cant remember who asked about my small business: I make healthy dog treats and sell them to a couple of local pet stores. The treats contain no wheat, corn, sugar, salt etc ingredients you would not know how to pronounce. Organic, local ingredients and nothing I would not feel comfortable having on our own table only in those treats. Keeping things simple for all those pets with food allergies.

Hmm what else... Mw is coming by tomorrow. So hopefully cervical check.

Wooks just reading “clitoral hood piercing” makes me shudder, I can’t believe actually getting one! You’re one tough cookie! Or one tough wookie... I’ll see myself out :haha:

Flueks yay for appt going well and fun baby shower gifts!
We don’t want a crazy fancy wedding, but SO wants a full week+ long crazy honeymoon. I don’t care about having a big honeymoon, but he really wants it. I just care about wearing a pretty ballgown and marrying him lol. SO thinks if we wait the extra year we’ll be able to afford the honeymoon, but not if we don’t wait the extra year. It was originally set for 6 months after I graduate college, so he’s probably right. Plus this way we’re much more likely to be in the same place while planning. His job is more location specific, so I’ll have to get a job wherever he is (which I can, with nursing). And I’ll be wedding planning after finishing college, not during my senior year. It’s a smart decision, I think. It’s unlike me to make such a quick change decision but his reasoning made a lot of sense.

PL oh I asked about the business. That’s really cool, it must be hard for pets with allergies to find treats, I never thought about that.
So funny about Mama Nose Booger. It shall be your new title :rofl:

Shae, where do you guys want to go for the honeymoon?
DH and I got married here on canadas west coast, ("up island") , but because we had family come from out of country, we didnt do a real honeymoon after. We spent 2 romantic nights away after in Tofino (can't go anymore west then that) and then joined the family again. A year later we went to st. Lucia for our 8 night all inclusive honeymoon ;)

And yes, for some allergic dogs it can be hard to find a suitable treat, let alone a meal! people are getting more and more picky on what they want to feed their pets and are conscious about what they eat and feed their pets. People are happy with my ingredients, and that their pets like the healthy alternative too.

"L's nose picker" is my title if it was up to him ;)

Oh Shae, so sorry hun I completely forgot to comment on your new hair colour, it looks lovely & you would even pass as ‘au natural’ i agree with Gigs about the hot nurse everyone wants hehee very cute ;)

Pacific, what is the nose picker boogey thing in translation of what language? You probs mentioned it like 1000 pages ago or 2 yrs ago lol but i cant remember..

Flueks im glad no more crampiness :thumbup: its still a tad toooo early for baby girl to pop out to say hi, how lovely that your work did a baby shower for you :hugs:

Gigs id be proper pissed aswell if any of my parents couldn’t be bothered to wash their hands to hold the brand spanking new grand-baby, its very lazy! How are you finding moving about now? Hope u slept in a better position

PL we haven’t discussed it in detail yet. Years ago he mentioned Germany but no clue if he’s still interested in that. I don’t have a specific place I want to go. We both loved London when we went so that might be considered, but in November it’ll be freezing so maybe a warmer destination would be in the works considering the time of year. SO hates heat but in November you can find lots of usually hot places at a nice medium temp. When he mentioned affording it I said we could have a delayed honeymoon but he really wants to have it straight after the wedding when we’re still in the aptly named “honeymoon phase”.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments, ladies!

CB, it's German.

Shae, if it's still germany in a few years, you'll have a number of wonderful Christmas markets in november/December. Outdoor, snow, mulled wine, lights, roasted almonds... Mmmmh! If those don't get you in the spirit nothing will. One thing I miss about Germany, are the christmas markets!
Winter time is a great time to go south too! Go somewhere you wouldn't go to with kids. DH and I did an all inclusive adult only place.

I would love to try an all inclusive resort sometime. I'm not much of a drinker though; is it still worth the price?

My nips are still sore on the initial latch even with the shield, but they look healed. I've also found if he starts with the shield, after several minutes i get used to it and can take the shield off for a "au natural" latch with no discomfort :thumbup: i'm getting there! They are sore though but I honestly think it's because he nurses all. The. Time.

Fluek you asked about SIL's kids...well eeesh it's tricky because they're the ones with the strained relationship. SIL is thinking of going back south to live with family but she is due to be induced next tuesday. BIL is throwing the big D word around...but both of them have their own side of the story and I can't tell who is telling the truth

Shae, your hair looks awesome!

I honeymooned in Croatia and looooved it. We were on one of the islands. Not sure what the weather is like in November. We also considered Portugal and Greece. Croatia was a lot less expensive than Greece, but still had that Mediterranean feel. We got married in Europe, so honeymooning in that part of the world made sense. I know a lot of people love the resorts in Mexico or Costa Rica.

Can’t remember much else.. made my 7 week appt. I’m both nervous and excited.

Croatia is an up & coming place to holiday now apparently.. I cannot wait for a holiday, bliss lol!

Wooks, sorry i missed mentioned your reply aswell, yes i had my other tube removed after my csection this time (f. me was that painful in theatre) :( i lost my other tube in 2013 due to ectopic pg but my periods were always fine after that .. periods not returned yet though, I wouldn’t of thought that would’ve given awful periods, i wonder if it is more so because the uterus is very very thin? Ouch for your naughty piercing though lol you are brave also:haha:

Its nearly 4am.. doing a night feed atm, hoping he unlatches in a minute as so tired zzz! We’re supposedly expecting snow tomorrow (weds) so i need to do a mini food shop today instead of Weds! If it does snow, at least I can try out my new welly boots haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->