General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Clairey gorgeous photo
dobby so sorry about the financial issues. i know how you feel, i've been there
pretty keep testing, my first light as hell result was 8DPO, 5 weeks now
shae sorry I don't usually check my cervix so I wouldnt know

i've still been crampy and I spot after sex ugh which has me on all sorts of edges lol. I had a OGTT test this morning. once again thanks to my mother ha ha ha so fingers crossed I do ok on that. still holding out for 8 week scan
because I've been so crampy and spotty I couldn't help myself and bought FRER 3 pack and took one on the 2nd pee today and the test line came up really dark within seconds and the control line was extremely faint so I'm taking that as a good sign bean is still hanging on in there.

Flueky - Congrats on the negative GBS! I hear you about wanting to be done with work. Can't wait til I get another year off, if I even go back after mat leave.

PL - Congrats on the BD-ing. lol. Your hospital bag sounds like it's good to go.

CB - There's no need to brag about your tight lady bits. :p And Hayden looks so peaceful.

That's for all the house-buying advice, everyone. I'll keep it all in mind and let you know if the tiny fire under SO's ass fizzles out or gets bigger. And ya, I figured it was too early to test. Like I said, my first BFP with the last pg was a faint line at 9dpo. I think I'll test tomorrow at 8dpo though. Anywho, just having a 7% alc. lemonade, watching the hockey game and then I'm gonna try to get Alex to sleep before 9pm. My mom watched him today cuz his daycare was closed due to the weather. She said he slept from 11am-3pm. WHERE WERE THESE NAPS WHEN I WAS ON MAT LEAVE? He only ever slept on me for the whole friggen year.

Pacific hope you get a good night of rest before labor. I slept horribly the night before I had V due to the lovely diarrhea clean out. I think I was so hyped up on adrenaline that I didn't feel too tired to push. In fact I was so hyped up afterwards I didn't go to sleep until 4 hours after she was born. In any case just saying you'll find the strength but still hope you get some rest.

Shae I never checked cervix, just cm and I typically just checked cm on tp. I'm thinking of buying one off ebay or something. I know it's not marketed to avoid but I don't see why I can't confirm O with bbt shift. I kniw it's a bit wild with temps but I'm loving it. 60s and low 70s are my ideal temps.

CB my periods were actually pretty light, hoping for the same this time. If not, oh well I suppose. Hayden is so cute!!! Gah I love seeing all these babies!!

Erin could have a sensitive cervix or maybe a sch. I had a sch with my first. I spotted once after sex, but never anymore. It ended up resolving on it's own too. Barely there control line is a good sign. FX your test results are good. When is your 8 week scan??

Pretty I keep hoping to win the lottery. Enough to pay off vehicles and house so I could take time off for awhile. However I only play 4 to 5 times a year typically. Wow what a long nap!! I'd freak because I know it would mean V's nighttime sleep wouldn't be as long. She typically sleeps 11 hours. Sleeps 9 p.m. til 8 a.m. I only get an hour and a half nap during the day but that's fine with me.

Erin I also spotted after sex first tri. My gym said it’s not uncommon. Can’t say if it resolves because after first tri I wished my ex would just die so sex didn’t happen very often

Pretty excited to see you testing! Early for sure but I like your odds

Pl ditto on hoping you get some rest before labor starts

Fluek dunno if I said it (I def thought it) just woot for passing your test!

Shae I don’t check my cervix either so useless there

K all I have since I just read this page :rofl: had meetings until 6.

Money is money and will get sorted if ex just pays his shit on time. My fed refund is already processing into my bank account so here’s hoping I can get one card under 10k by the end of this month! I’d be stoked.

Can't remember who asked: L pretty much gave up his nap time. There is the odd day where he'll fall asleep on the couch or coming back from town in the car.. on the other hand he goes to bed between 6 and 7 and sleeps until 7 or 730. So still 12-13 hours a day.

Cb, that picture is so precious!!

Erin, I believe spotting in first tri especially after sex I believe can be common.

My mw is coming by in the morning: here come the sweep! (I hope ;) ) my parents are coming soon after, mom to stay until baby is born...

Cb my friends daughter is like that. Doesn’t nap at all anymore but I’d put a consistent 12 hours at night. Doesn’t wake up at all.

A still naps once for 2-3 hours and once for 30-60 minutes if he is tired, but he only sleeps for 10 hours and wakes up every two. Sooooo exhausting

Hope the sweep does the trick

Ooo super random re snow. We had snow up in Palo Alto hills not too far from my parents’. I was joking that I should take A to play in it while I took the day off. Totally would have if he wasn’t so wheezy.

Super cool but also super alarming considering it should not be snowing here

9407C4C7-6C50-476E-8D99-CCB074F0A648.jpeg

Dobs, hmm, from what I know from dhs asthma is that cold air makes the lung paths open. Cold = anti inflamatory.
As a kid when his asthma was harder to control he often was given a cold can of coca cola and told to stand ourside or in front of the open fridge/freezer.
Take that with a grain of salt, my mil did some "odd" things. (Like gave him a raw egg to drink, kid pukes it up and she still insists to this day hes allergic to eggs... Ummm no! That's not how food allergies present!)

Pl while the egg thing is def not how that works lol the cold thing may have some truth to it. I know when A has off breathing or esp croup, that he often gets better just going outside and on the drive to the ER. They say the cold, damp air of nighttime helps open things up. So I’ve had several doctors tell me that in a pinch to just crack the window at night if I’m away from my cool mist humidifier.

well, the onesies have arrived for the family reveal plan, all I need to do now is get the transfer paper and print them on and finish some of the designs. they all have a special message behind each one. got to admit, when those 00 onesies came and they were so cute and small... the cluckiness reared its head in both me and SO and even though I still wonder and worry how I'm going to get through this, the bond is getting a little stronger.
20 days to go until 8 week scan.

Oh my Pretty that is a long nap! How long does he typically sleep?

Pl Des gave up naps entirely by 3, before that they were hit or miss but i still made him go down for at least an hour of "quiet time".

Dobs being so rare it's too bad you couldn't go see it with A!

Shae i suggest not bothering trying to figure out cervix behavior. Those things are wonky. I've had mind go every which way and the only thing it's ever been good for is predicting ovulation (high, soft, open). Otherwise: useless.

Cb your kiddos are so cute!
Myles has been sleeping well and has somewhat of a schedule...the day is kind of unpredictable but generally he cat naps between eating and takes a long hard nap in the early afternoon, he goes to sleep around 10-11ish for about 4 hours, wAkes for a diaper change and quick feed. Sleeps 2-3 more hours, eats again for a bit longer, then sleeps another 2-3 hours. Not the greatest sleep for me but I can definitely live with it and I haven't much needed naps myself (though i do snooze with him occasionally).

How is Hayden on his sleep?

Gigs - These days, his naps are like 1.5 - 3 hours. He probably slept a little longer cuz we had to wake him up for daycare, but being home with my mom wasn't stimulating enough to keep him awake.

Z usually naps 2 hours at daycare, and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. She usually goes to bed around 6:30 or a little later and wakes up around 6 or 6:15.

Not posting much because between craziness at work and first trimester tiredness, I’m always exhausted. Oh and Z throws a lot of temper tantrums now. Any advice?

Michelle hugs. A is different but his tantrums are generally short lived UNLESS he’s fixating. But I just distract and redirect after a firm no. Sometimes I have to redirect him ten plus times until he decides it’s not worth the energy lol. Others I have to literally move him across the house or building to break his fixation. I also don’t react right away unless it’s gross or dangerous. I just say no and let him cry and flail for like ten seconds before I calmly offer him something else to do. Even though he doesn’t understand, I tell him what he cannot do, why, and then say what he can do.

Pretty still early fxed

Erin excited to see the onesies!

CB super cute pic of Hayden!

Erin yay for super dark FRER! Sounds like things are going well so far with your little bean!

Dobs wow I can’t believe it snowed there, that’s so crazy! Also sounds like you’ve got a good method down to deal with A’s tantrums. Reminds me of my mom calmly but persistently dealing with my sister when she was around 2-3 and very stubborn. It worked well for her.

Pretty hm nothing yet but tomorrow or the next day will be the most likely days to start seeing something. Fx’d that line shows up!

Sorry to those I forgot! I just can’t remember the content of everyone’s posts, I just took an exam lol

AFM I woke up and started studying straight away, I was so exhausted after clinical that I went straight to bed. It was a good day, I got to go with my patient to an echocardiogram. Less exciting since I’ve had one done on me, but still cool to watch. I casually mentioned to the woman doing the echo that I have tricuspid regurgitation and she goes “yeah pretty much everyone does, it’s rarer to not have it honestly, it’s just because of the lack of pressure on the right side of the heart” and I was thinking “dang so I’m not special, okay” :haha:
My temp was even higher this morning but I woke up a few times in the middle of the night. I woke up around 6 am maybe and decided not to wait for 8 AM because it’d be under 2 hours of sleep, so I temped then, and fell back asleep. Oddly enough I thought it said 97.89, fell asleep, woke up around 7:30 for no reason, checked the memory so I could document it and it said 97.98. Must’ve switched the numbers in my tired haze. Since it’s so high I’m assuming it still would’ve been around the same as yesterday’s temp had I not woken up so many times, so I think it’s still valid to confirm ovulation. I’m having excessive creamy CM and my cervix is definitely lower yesterday and today, so that’s another good indicator.

Erin, I second wanting to see the finished onesies!

Tantrums are no fun, L generally throws them when tired or hungry over the weirdest things. Most recently: he doesn't want diaper changes, maybe he's ready for no diapper...

Erin I also want to see the finished onesies!

PL hm maybe, how old is he now? Your siggy only has the month and day, not the year, so I can’t remember haha! I feel like it was 2016 but I’m not sure. I personally wouldn’t try potty training before 2 but that’s just me. I’m guessing he’s over 2 by now though.

I will take some pics once they are all finished. ugh the cramping still hasn't gone away and I noticed I have been spotting for 3 days now. it's not too heavy and I only really notice when I do a light check internally. i'm just stressing out a bit, even though a lot of people say it is normal and a lot of women get it, I just always feel like it's going to get worse. trying to stay positive. I've got a dr apt today so fxed

Erin do you get a scan at the doctor’s? I’m not sure how far along you are. I wouldn’t worry about the spotting and cramping since your recent frer was so crazy dark.

AFM I’m so bloated I look pregnant rn, so that’s fun. I used to get bloated all the time but in the past year or two I haven’t been getting it too bad, and tonight it’s insane. I guess I just ate way too much mashed potatoes (which I do once a week but whatever). I told my sister I looked pregnant from bloating and she was like “that’s a mood” and I sent her a pic with the caption “I don’t think you understand” and she sent back “omg you do, you sure you ain’t pregnant?” :haha: pretty sure if I was I wouldn’t already be bloated, soooo yeah. I look how I did when I was in the hospital for severe constipation and my abdomen was super distended. Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->