General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pl you can't tease us with that info and not share a stoey! What was the worst/dirtiest?

Cb i know things will fall into place...sometimes i feel like i'll rock it and sometimes i am just terrified. But that's probably normal!

J, hi lady!!!

PL I agree with Gigs, I wanna hear the crazy tricks!

Got my nursing exam back, I got an 81. I’m not thrilled, especially since it was the first exam and should’ve been the easiest. I wasn’t expecting an A but I was expecting more like an 84+. I’m not the only one who didn’t do as well as they would’ve hoped, I saw a ton of IG posts from my classmates about how upset they were with their grade and they were scared about failing out (one bad grade is fine but it’s hard to bring up a grade and we need that 80 at the end).
We also had a pharm exam Monday, sim lab Tuesday, clinical Wednesday, and the exam Thursday morning, which meant none of us had enough time to study. We were all worrying about it at clinical. I would’ve studied much more but I was either busy or passed out from exhaustion. Anyway, hopefully we’ll have more time to study for the next exam (though I’m not holding my breath).
Currently have one nipple that is freaking the hell out. Both have been itchy on and off tonight but one of them now stings and hurts as well. I might’ve scratched it accidentally while itching, though I tried not to use my nails. Also had bad intestinal pain and diarrhea after getting back from dinner, so that was “fun” and the nipple issue followed it.
Sorry about my incessant complaining.

Since asked I will share: so the previous appointment we were talking about sex 3x a day to bring on labour, something in the sperm that can soften the cervix when there often enough, "same" artificial stuff that the hospital uses for induction. I forget the hormone name... Anyway, she read somewhere that it's more effective when injested... Yepp, BJs for the hubby!
Her: "well, I don't know what you are into, but if that's not for you, you could always mix it with something else.. or dehydrate it"

OMG :haha: :haha:

I have not googled it, I don't know if there is any truth to it!!!!

Shae 81 is still a good score, don't be so hard on yourself, you will get through this.
PL LOL that just seems too funny although I don't think hubby is complaining ;)
Pretty give it another day and maybe 10DPO is the one
thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm going to try and relax more and wish away the next 3 weeks ha ha ha. took a CB + weeks indicator test and I am 3+ as of today which about lines up so YAY.
the weather here is finally cooling down after 6 weeks of 45 - 48 degrees c which is 113 - 119 in Fahrenheit thank god I will be carrying mostly over autumn/winter/spring

Erin sometimes it's hard for me to wrap my head around your opposite seasons. When I realized you have Christmas in the summer my mind was blown. Glad your levels are going up!

Pl how much did hubby pay mw to say that?

So I couldn’t find anything on Google about swallowing will bring on Labour but it helps if you have a stomach Ulcer Apparently.. Semen on the cervix helps the release of Oxytocin which brings on contractions :thumbup: Get jiggy jiggy Pacific lol

Erin, that's a good plan. Not like we have anything under control anyway when it comes to pregnancy....
And, geez: that weather is definitely too hot for me.. 23c is plenty for me!

Gigs, lol hubby hasn't seen the mw in a few weeks.

Anyway, I may not have to hand out the BJs after all, just had a bunch of mucus come out.

J- Hey, lady!!!!!

Dobs- I hope your finances and life in general calms down for you. I hope A is feeling better. My son was always my respiratory kid, especially as a baby and young toddler. It is not fun, but he's pretty tough now.

Flueks- So glad you've made it to 36 weeks! Let's make it to 37, and if we're on a roll, maybe to 38!!!

Jez- Oh, your poor friend. I'm sorry she's going through all of this. I'm sure her sweet son is in great hands, and I hope he can come home over the next several weeks. NICU babies/preemies are tough little cookies, and their mommas are fighters too.

Shae- 81 isn't terrible by any means. I know you had hoped for a better score, but there's always the next one. You're doing so well overall.

PL- Yeah, skip the BJ's and go right for a ride on the wild bologna pony.

CB- What a sweet photo of your sleepy baby. He's precious!

Gigs- You know, I'd just keep breastfeeding. It sounds like you're almost what I would call a "just-enougher" in terms of supply, but Myles just needs those few extra calories from formula to gain. Breastfeeding doesn't have to be all or nothing, and it doesn't have to be exclusive. Put him at the breast first for all feedings, and then top off with a couple ounces of formula (doing paced feeding with the bottle) at the end. You're not failing anyone, because love isn't measured in ounces. ❤ I wonder if he's just not transferring milk well at the breast...the clogged duct/mastitis, and engorgement after feedings would indicate he's not draining the breast fully... In any case, fed IS best, and you're doing great. Even 50 ml of breastmilk contains MILLIONS of antibodies, nutrients, and all sorts of awesomeness, so every drop counts, and formula is there to help you fill in the gaps.

AFM...ugh. This Iowa weather has been relentless. Major ice storms, tons of snow, -50 below windchills, lots of snow days. It's been too dangerously cold for my older kids to go outside and enjoy sledding or anything. Yuck.

Ozzy has had scarlet fever, strep, and we're on ear infection #2 of the season. Char had her 15 month appointment on Tuesday, and the little stinker has finally broke 20 lbs. She got the Dtap, chickenpox, and MMR vaccines, and as of yesterday she began feeling the side effects of the MMR. High fever (nearly 104), lethargy, not drinking, and sleepy. All par for the course. Hopefully today will be a bit better. We're both still in bed, and my older two are out in the living room watching cartoons with their daddy.

PL- We cross-posted, I think. Ohhh! Sounds like you lost some plug? Good sign!

PL lol that’s so funny about the ingesting :haha: awesome about the mucus, keep us updated on if it leads to something!

Erin I know an 81 isn’t terrible, it’s just that we need to keep an 80 average in order to pass, and I was hoping for a bit more leeway.
Your opposite seasons freak me out too, I can imagine Christmas in summer! Those are some insane temperatures, I would have the AC blasting and never leave the house. Or just die. I can’t even handle 90 F, it’s a race to get back to AC at that point.

Wookie see above for what I said to Erin about the grade
Yikes sorry you’ve got kids under the weather. Definitely make sure to bring down Charlotte’s temp, you don’t want febrile seizures. With a fever that high plus lethargy you really should call her doctor. There’s also a decent chance it’s the flu rather than a vaccine reaction so it’s especially important to have her checked out.

Wookie, sorry your kids are getting hit so hard with sicknesses... Hope they feel better soon!

Afm, definitely more mucus coming out throughout the day, but only having mild af Type twinges here and there. Tried to have a nap in case tonight gets cut short.
Hopefully all good signs, I don't think I ever lost my mucus plug with L. ...

Eeee we're officially on labor watch for PL!!!

I met my new nephew today! He's adorable with big ol' chunky cheeks. I'll try to get a better pic later but share what I got today. He looks and feels bigger than Myles but he's actually a hakf pound less. I did get to ise the baby sce ale SIL has and Myles is, according to that, back up at birth weight :thumbup: I definitely can't keep up with his demand. He drained both my boobs and has been eating, over a couple hours, 5 oz of formula :shock: and no spitting up. I am amazed.

Thanks wookie. Yeah I'm still offering breast throughout the day and that's all he gets at night. I never did get mastitis. I have no idea what that random fever was about.

IMG_5751.JPG

Good morning, ladies. Sorry that this will be another short, selfish post. SO has the computer right now. I'll definitely have a more in-depth reply later.

J - Nice to meet you.

So, long story short, didn't see a line on yesterday's test. Said "F it" and bought a 2 pack of FRER. Was gonna do an IC and FRER this morning, but couldn't grab the IC without being super obvious in front of SO. Did the FRER and it seemed negative. Decided to give it another look like 30 mins later and now I'm not sure if there's a proper line or an evap line or just a ghost line in the strip where a real line should be. I can try to do an IC later in the day if you think it'll help y'all judge.

11dpo and it's SO's BDay.

IMG_20190210_0716386.jpg IMG_20190210_0715318.jpg IMG_20190210_0717010.jpg IMG_20190210_0725367.jpg

Last edited:
Quick crappy reply.

Gigs they are so cute abd yay for M back to birth weight!!

Pretty I never got a line like that 30 minutes after testing. I'm inclined to think it's bfp as it looks pink and frer definitely gets darker over time. FX for you!!

Gigs - I'm sure you'll do just fine with 3 by yourself. Here's hoping your mom feels better soon. Myles and his cousin look so cute together. And it's so true about all the waiting.

J - Hi again, both of my parents are Scorpios (Oct 27 and Nov 15). FX that this is cycle is successful.

shae - FX that your next tests go better and that all your physical issues sort themselves out. lol

PL - Omg! lol. I've only ever swallowed 3 times in my life and all with SO. It wasn't for, but I guess a jizz smoothie could be edible. Gives new meaning to a "protein shake". lol. Let us know how things pan out for you. :)

Erin - Here's hoping that time just flies by.

Wookie - Sorry that your LO's aren't feeling well. Best wishes to them for a speedy recovery. :(

Nothing new here in the last 2 hours. lol. I've looked at the test a couple more times though, in all kinds of light. I'm just trying to stay calm. You all know how bad I want this, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much after last time. I ordered another SneakPeek test, but I'm gonna held off on contacting my Dr and MW til I see a darker line.

Pl fxed! Labor watch for sure

Gigs they are so cute! I hated my cousins so I never understood how people were so close to theirs lol hopefully they will grow up to be good buds

Shae I agree 81 is great but I get it not being what you expected

Wooks hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Pretty I agree that’s a pretty legit line for an evap plus something caught my eye the other day so I’m leaning towards not an evap. Excited to see more tests

In my experience true bfp's dry darker. That test reminds me an awful of of my first bfp with Myles...I would absolutely support a second trst today :haha:

So I didn't want to write last night about this because I was in a mild panic but Des nearly off'ed himself last night!!! He caught my mom's cold and decided to take it upon himself to get his own medicine :dohh: so while in the bathroom to pee, he climbed on the toilet and got the children's ibuprofen out. Since he has a speech delay it was hard to get out of him how much he took -- it was either 3 caps of 10ml or three cap fulls! He is not supposed to take more that 10ml's in one dose! I immediately called poison control; hubby was freeeeeeaaaaking out. For some reason i stay insanely calm in situations like this, so i made the call...guy at poison control basically said for his weight and age he will be fine, save for a possible tummy ache.

We kept an eye on him for an hour and a half anyway, and checked on him after he went to sleep. He was totally fine, thank God. And YES we absolutely had a talk about not getting meds for himself, then removed all of it from his bathroom.

So, word of warning for you guys! Make sure the kids can't get the meds! I worried about Levin but never thought Des would do that, especially since he wines for people to get him everything edible!

In other news I seem to have popped a stitch at the end of my incision:roll: it's sore but not showing signs of infection. Just a small hole with fishing line-like stiching poking out.

Pretty omg! I saw the line on the inverts before I even clicked on them, my eye immediately was drawn to them. I think that’s way too pink and dark to be an evap, I’m thinking it’s a bfp! Definitely retest to make sure, but all signs point to pregnant!

Gigs yikes that’s so scary about Des! Thank goodness they said he was fine! Sorry about the incision, that’s no good. Def call your doctor if it’s concerning you.

Crap Gigs! That’s scary! It’s so much worse st night when they/you go back to bed. Glad everything is ok. That’s my biggest worry transitioning A to a toddler bed. I really try to make the room safe but you never know how kids think or what they see that you don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->