• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I hear you pl. i get horribly anxious about all illnesses so i'm gonna stop here, suffice to say i hope none of our kids get sick with anything ever.

Uggggh treating dogs like children is a peeve of mine, especially like spoiled rotten children. Hubby's aunt had a maltese like that. The thing never walked, always rode in a purse, shit in the house, was yippy as heck, and ate people food including salads. It died of kidney failure a couple years ago and we were all afraid his aunt would go off the deep end. She was very depressed and then got a new dog.

We have many dogs as children here in the bay :rofl:

Gigs sorry adds is super sick!

Lol at meat curtains. I agree though but I find the d truly disgusting so if I can overcome that I figure a v is nbd.

Pl I just read about 3 cases of measles in Santa Clara and I am unamused. I know A has his MMR and his daycare requires vaccinations but still ughvtvhkbh

Sorry for the lame post

Hm I think there’s a fine line between treating your dog like your child and letting your dog get away with everything. If your dog has behavioral issues and you just let them do whatever they want, that’s an issue. Parents discipline their children and teach them right from wrong. So if they’re treating their dog like their child, they should be training the dog to behave. Idk, just my 2 cents.

Dobs ugh that’s awful. All these outbreaks are nuts. Since he got his MMR I’m sure he’ll be fine. It drives me nuts that people don’t vaccinate their kids. My grandmother would’ve killed to have had the MMR vaccine. She got the measles in elementary school and went permanently deaf (fully in one ear, hearing aid worked for the other, but she couldn’t afford a hearing aid until she was an adult). These diseases are no joke and people are like “eh they’ll get sick and then they’ll get better and be immune” yeah sure OR they’ll DIE Karen, vaccinate your crotch goblins.

I'm going to respectfully request the subject of illness etc. be put in a spoiler please :) anxiety ridden mom here. Thanks

Lol shae Bay Area parents don’t discipline their kids either :rofl:

Gigs hugs sorry! Will do in the future

Regarding dogs in hubby's aunt's case i think it was more like dpoiling a grandkid. She had one son and is a widow. The son never had kids. Aubt alwayd hoped for a grandkid and i think when reality hit that she'd never get one, she got the dog to fill the void. That woman is a train wreck but she's been through a lot so it's understandable...i mean i guess it wasn't hurting anyone to spoil the dog but she sure was annoying. As i said, very yippy.

I actually painted the dog's portrait after it died as a commission/surprise xmas gift last year. Aunt bawled then was gushing to me about how much she loved it. Would've been a lot sweeter if she wasn't smash drunk but hey ho as cb would say!

Ha! Found a pic of it!

IMG_4740.JPG

Gigs just to clarify, is it the more serious illnesses and outbreak stuff you want in spoilers or like all medical issues? Sorry if I upset you.
That’s a gorgeous painting of the dog!

Dobs lol well then I guess treating your dog like your child is the same thing as letting your dog be horribly behaved in your area haha

I love dogs but Lewis won’t get one, I’ve been trying to convince him to get a Japanese spitz for years!

Shar yes the serious stuff and outbreaks

Kit a spitz eh? What is it you like about them? I think it's funny how people have breed preferences. I mean I know I do...I tend to lean towards dogs with large block heads. Bonus if their faces look like they ran full speed and face first into a wall at birth. Bostons and Frenchies are my favorites <3 Pits are definitely up there..,American bull dogs, too. I could give or take a pug...they're like y as a vowel. You know...sometimes y.

Blah been having the whole debate on trying to move myles into his bed after his first feed or just leaving him to sleep on me because i know he'll sleep better there. Not sure i'm ready to fight that fight yet.

How did everyone fare with the time change? To be honest it hasn't mattered here with an infant that has no sense of time anyway.

OH CABBAGE! Who had the amazing cabbage recipe? I want it. I found a canbage in my fridge my mom left.

Gigs thanks for the clarification. I’ll try to remember to spoiler that stuff in the future (or I’ll just avoid the topic in general).
Re: time change, it doesn’t really affect me unless I have to get up early in the morning, which I didn’t this time around. If it was Monday that it changed, I wouldn’t be having a good day lol

Re: the dog conversation, I googled the spitz, I think they’re very cute! I don’t have much experience with different breeds in person, but I know I want a German Shepherd, a pit bull, and a Saint Bernard. I think pugs are adorable, as well as English bulldogs, French bulldogs, corgis, huskies, Australian shepherds, Bernese mountain dogs, cairn terriers, yorkies, and boxers. I’m sure I missed some lol.
If I was single and a guy was walking around with a cute dog I might go ask to pet the dog, but much more likely if it was a girl walking the dog. I honestly just trust women a lot more. And I don’t think I’d want to talk to the person, just pet the dog and go.

Someone mentioned a friend who thought she was gay then went on a date with a woman and realized she wasn’t gay, don’t remember who mentioned that. It’s possible if I were to try it out that I’d find I’m not actually bisexual, just biromantic (I know I can be romantically attracted to a woman) cuz who knows? I sure don’t :haha:

Because of the Vaccinations here in uk theres hardly ever an outbreak case but the random cases do pop up here n there, usually as a result of some parents who dont agree with vaccinating their children & catch it from somewhere & so the circle goes around etc.. i can understand why some dont vaccinate but I personally think the pro’s outweigh the cons with vaccines. Since 2013/14 the Whooping cough vaccine has been offered to pg ladies to give the new baby some protection after they’re born

Oh no poor Des bless him, lotsa get well hugs to him & fx no one else catches it. I think Myles will be ok, in our house you’ll always heae no breathing, touching - kissing the baby :hugs:& then bedroom confinement! Gigs that painting is brilliant, such Talent :) Its been aggggggges since ive sat down & done some painting, i find it very therapeutic but i just don’t get the time these days :(

Its Inset day today urhhh! & although i only have 1 more child at home than I normally would, i think ive had my Riley fix of really being at home this past week because he was poorly, hes def better & has been since last week but oh my days hes been winding Nuala up something chronic & its making me see red grrr pfft! & then answering back bei g cheeky when his Dads not around or in earshot!

Oh i always ask to pet dogs! Actually on our honeymoon there was a lady walking two boston terriers across the street and i actually went out of my way to go pet them, much to hubby's chagrin (he was extremely uncomfortable with me doing this lol). We struck up conversation and ended up suggesting a restaurant that turned into me and hubby's favorite meal ever and favorite place to eat! Sadly it's a 7 hour drive from here but we went back once and plan to go again someday, if it's still open.

Cb what's Riley home for? Des is home today and then two teacher work days on thurs & fri! Bluuuhhhhh her drives me nuts. He's also been very sassy lately! Lots of talking back, lots of "NO!" -.-

Same as Des, a teachers work/training day today.. we all just been to the park, Riley fell over & got covered in mud lol me & my sister were laughing but Riley wasn’t impressed :haha: Urhh it must be the age they’re at, i get lots of ‘No!’ & cheekiness too.. complete attitude!

Ah thats a lovely honeymoon memory, you should definitely go back again, maybe take a whole wknd together when Lev & Myles are that much older :hugs:

We plan to! We want to have a disc golf road trip :haha: that may be where we go and just hit new courses on the way!

Sorry gigs, didn't mean to stir anything with sicknesses... Ignore my venting!

I love big hairy dogs :haha: hence briards! For you gigs, if you like big dogs: neapolitan mastiff and dogge de bordeaux come to mind (sorry, nothing small, I think in big dogs)

Can't remember what else I read....

DH let me sleep in this morning, so when he left I realized that I had just over an hour to get myself and 2 kids ready to leave the house for our playgroup. Let's just say we were running right on time, normally I am early! On top of that, L ate half my breakfast and I had no time for my cup of tea.

Eh, not my taste...not a big slobber fan.
If y'all like corgis you have to see one of my most favorite videos on the internet.

Lol, that corgi won't win any dock diving medals ;) cute!

The Bordeaux dogs I have met weren't huge slobbers. Seen worse in berners...

L was falling asleep in the truck on the way home, got home just before he was fully out. Put him straight to bed and of course refused the nap. He's testing my patience....

We had our little girl in 2015 since then I have been on no contraception and nothing has happened. My partner and I have separated and I rekindled with an ex recently and have a few questions, sorry for the TMI , we had sex twice one night with the pull out method and once the next night same method. My last period started on 28th Feb, it's usually the 1 of the month I've been looking up that I would be fertile the 8th and 9th and ovulate on the 12th I had sex in the 8th and 8th would the pull out have been effective ? We have spoken about it and feel we would both be happy if I was and is there anyway to increase the chances of it happening as it was a fertile window but not ovulation day ? We live far apart so it's not easy to do the obvious and have more sex .

Speaking of dogs...guess who's back in my porch...!

Ugh PL i hate when they take car ride power naps!!!

Elli if he didn't pee before the second act of sex in the same night, your risk increases. Are you certain he pulled out in time?

Gigs, oh no! Is the owner at least responsive this time?

L didn't even fully pass out in the car.. oh well. DH put him to bed half an hour early, he was going to wait but I insisted. He passed right out.

Ellie, it's possible. Assuming your guy didnt pull out on time, sperm can survive for a little while inside. Fx you get the results you are looking for ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->