• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

PL I’ve heard of the elimination communication thing where you watch baby’s cues, and I suppose that’s fine if you have time for it. I just think it’s unnecessary and time consuming. Though it is interesting that her kids were actually potty trained later. Either way, I meant actual potty training at that age as what I see as not okay. I don’t have an opinion on elimination communication, I don’t know enough about it.

Jez it’s definitely not impossible after age 3, the writer of that book was definitely trying to shame people. My sister and I were both potty trained at 3, no issues. My mom was referencing the same issue as the urologist brought up. Though if new studies came out and suggested the opposite I’m sure she’d read them and consider changing her opinion, and I as well.
Re: ticker, yeah it’s pretty crazy how time flies. I mentioned to SO recently how much time we have until the planned wedding date, even after we moved it to 2022 to save up money, and he’s blown away by how the time has flown. He’s got nearly enough money now to buy a used car to replace his current car (which has 220k miles on it and is going downhill), so he’s working to save up for a ring now. He’s working part time because he’s back in school (final year for him) so it’ll take much longer, but I’ve told him many times not to bother with a diamond, moissanite is beautiful and I could never tell the difference, so hopefully that means less time until I get a ring.

Shae hope you get that ring soon! Is he the type to feel socially pressured to get a diamond/more expensive ring? 2 years sounds long but it really does fly, esp if you’re both in school/working. Plus factoring in a year of planning. I’m excited for you that you’ll be starting that journey soon! Glad B is on the up and up!

PL I understand the logic of having him potty trained. But I’d laugh hard if anybody told me to potty train A rn (25 months). Like this kid has no s*ts given about it. He knows the word potty, he knows it’s purpose, we’ve had pure luck timing moments but he just doesn’t give a crap. Yes puns were intended lol. Plus my doctor doesn’t care, so lol she’s like dude my kid is older than Aiden and not potty trained yet you’re fine girl. But yeah one kid so in no rush.

Idk what elimination communication and not curious enough to google it lol

G2g didn’t finish catching up sorry! But I need to get ready for gym class and A is cranky lol

To quick answer I teach 2nd grade now. Hoping this is my forever classroom lol. My boss likes me, so now I just need him to get tenured haha. School started on Wednesday. 28 kids. Most supppper academically low. I have one high functioning student with ASD who has an aide.

Dobs SO is in between with pressure, he saw how expensive diamond rings are and thinks it’s nuts but he still wants to buy me a semi-expensive ring and he doesn’t want the stone to be visibly sub-par at all because he doesn’t “want people to think you’re pregnant and that’s why I proposed” like I showed him a $400 moissanite ring on Etsy and he was like “at this angle it looks cloudy” and I’m pretty sure it was just the environment the pics were taken in but he was insistent. Ugh. So I told him if he was gonna be picky I’d show him more expensive moissanite rings (ie. Charles & Colvard). So that’s what I’ve sent him links to so far. My issue is more that he doesn’t want to buy a ring I send him a link to, he wants to pick one out so it’s more “special”, and his taste is not the same as mine. He originally wanted to get me a ring with colored stone accents, like emeralds or something, and I DO NOT WANT THAT. He thinks it’s boring without color. And he thinks since he’s spending money on it, he should like it, which I find ridiculous cuz I’m the one he’s buying it for and I’m the one who’s going to be wearing it. I told him he has to consult my sister before buying something to make sure he doesn’t get something I’ll hate.
Anyway.
Good luck with your class this year!

Have you two ever gone to a jeweler together? I think the internet is one thing, but if he’s worried about the look of it in person then maybe seeing some of these rings irl will help. You could do David Tutera situation where you help pick out like 3 you both like but then the final decision is his? Or just to give him some insight into what you like but then let him come back to that same salesperson and design something fitting. Ooo I wonder like could you go with friends and the salesperson gets to know you/what you are looking for but you don’t actually pick out any specific rings then SO goes in with that person who has rings they think you’d like based on your meeting?

I watch too many rom coms lol

Last edited:
Dobs I was thinking I should go to a jeweler with him to try on rings to see what I like best in person. It’s a good idea.

Kitty yeah I’m worried about that happening. I mentioned it to SO today and he said we could do that, but I could tell it was a “not any time soon” type of yes. That’s fine though, we’re not in a big hurry, Nov. 2022 is a bit over 3 years away so :shrug: I just get antsy and impatient.

Well that’s 3 years and TBH I think it’s fun to just be engaged for a while and enjoy that moment, have fun recounting the stories maybe have an engagement party yadda yadda. Live in the bliss for like 6-12 months. Wedding planning is another like 12-16 months. So reeeeaaaallllly it’s not too early imho to look at engagement rings for a ‘22 wedding. He doesn’t have to buy it right that day. Honestly I’d want him to like go, find one, then wait a while to get your guard down and whammo!

I have issues :rofl: but yeah it’s hard cuz you want it to come organically not scripted or pushed on your end. And he’s putting too much pressure on himself BUUUUUT in the end it’ll be worth the wait

Dobs I agree it’s not too early lol. I think he’s just overwhelmed with other stuff going on right now and he hates when I push him about it. I’ll probably ask if we can go look at them around our anniversary (Nov) or Christmas break or something.

Last edited:
CB - I haven't really been paying much attention to his "routine", but I can definitely tell when he takes his 40-80 min naps. He likes to move during meals though. And ya, I'll be doing a bunch of research on the Shettles method and whatnot. Also, Ryan Reynolds is 110% yummy. lol

Jez - Yes and no. I'm nowhere near over being pg, but I am interested to get a really good look at him on the outside. I'm still going back and forth between thinking I'm brave or crazy for wanting to go natural this time. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a nursery to decorate and I still haven't washed all all the fabric parts of our bassinet, swing, and bouncy seat, but I still have time.

shae - I can't really offer much advice in the engagement area, but going to a jewelers together and having him consult another girl who knows you really well before buying anything is a good idea.

Re: potty training. I've just started reading "Oh Crap! Potty Training". It would be really nice to have Alex mostly trained by the time the new baby gets here, but I guess if he's legit not ready, I'll have more time while I'm on leave.

AFM, not too much new to report. Only 33 more days of work left. And SO's mom just texted him tonight and told him she found the tandem stroller we want on sale at Best Buy and bought it. So, that's pretty awesome.

Here's my pre-swim bump from this weekend.

69522739_10156754678063095_2336337221180719104_o.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty i saw your Bumpy shot on Instagram, looking great! :)

Shae don’t be like me & be engaged for like 10 YEARS!!! Lol! I always swore once we got engaged id like to be married etc within the first 2yrs of getting engaged but here we are 10yrs later & 3 kids :rofl: We are thinking about doing Vegas in a couple of yrs when we are 40 & maybe get hitched & then come home & throw a big ol party to celebrate, i know my sisters wont like it as they did the ‘wedding thing’ but im not overly that fussed now lol! If i can still wear a lovely slinky wedding-ish dress il be happy. ;)

Flueks that fb pic of your girls & hubby is lovely, i never realised how much all 3 of them look so much alike <3

Pretty adorable bump!! Glad you got the stroller you wanted, and good luck with potty training, I hope it goes well!

CB it definitely won’t be 10 years, I would throw a fit lol. It’ll probably be 2-2.5 years if I get my way, I’m sure he’d rather have a shorter engagement though. I’m cool with either as long as I have at least a year to plan the wedding. He agreed to the 2022 date.

AFM I’ve got another follicular/functional cyst, I can feel it ugh. I’ve been getting them during luteal phase every cycle for the past few cycles. My mom said it’s a sign of heightened fertility and basically my body is trying hard as hell to get pregnant (but my IUD is saying nah)

CB I think it’s kind of cool that you still have a wedding to look forward to, even if it’s later on and not “traditional”. I bet you’ll feel all cheeky and romantic again, which will probably ignite some more passion and excitement.

Shae I concur about trying some rings on. It’s also just fun to do even if a purchase isn’t imminent. Also, I can assure you moissanite is not cloudy. They should all be remarkably clear. The only thing that might be noticeable is a more yellow colour, and also more rainbow vs. white sparkles. I love my moissanite rings and I can guarantee no one who’s not a jeweller or an exceptionally keen and discerning gem enthusiastic can tell it’s not a diamond. The only suspicion would be if the stone was obviously way bigger than he’d be able to afford.

Pretty sounds like you’re in a good place re: awaiting baby. If you do decide to PT, there’s an unofficial Facebook page for the book where parents support each other. I frequented that a lot. I saw a lot of people talking about PT with a new baby. Generally I think people were regarded as brave for doing it then. Then again, regressions are also quite likely once new baby comes along, so it might not be worth tackling it now only to experience a regression later.

Speaking of PT, Tilly peed the bed for the first time last night. Hopefully it’s just a one-off and she dreamt she peed or something but it reminds me to be less complacent.

Also, as of this week Tilly is moving from part time to full time daycare and I have Wed-Fri packed with my practicum and other school stuff, which will be the busiest I’ve been since Tilly was born and a first for three days of early rises (if you can call 7:20am early, which I most certainly do). Anyway, today for the first day and it was really tough to be so tired (pee accident last night didn’t help) and to be so busy during the day and then do nothing but parenting and cooking and chores the moment I was finished. So I just want to give a shoutout to all the mamas with full time jobs. It must be so exhausting.

Jez I know moissanite in general is not cloudy, it was a specific stone he thought was cloudy. I’ve heard about the slight yellow tint and the rainbow sparkles, I’m okay with that. I’m definitely not the kind of person who could tell the difference, my coworker had a CZ ring and I didn’t even know. I definitely don’t want a large stone, 0.75-1 carat seems ideal for me.
Sorry about the bedwetting accident, hopefully it’s a one-off. Good luck with the practicum!

Jez, does Tilly wear a pull up or similar at night? L does, he does remain dry some nights now, but he also rarely wakes up to pee at night.

How is everyone adjusting to full time schedules?

Even when Riley was completely dry in the day, he was in a nappy at night for about 1-2 months after just to make sure & his nappies were always empty dry & i used the pampers wetness indicator ones so then i knew there was nothing, their bodies just adjust to the not peeing, although we have had an odd couple of accidents in the first year after but nothing now :)

Im going to have to google Moissante stones as i have no idea what you girls are on about haha!

Afm, zzzZ im attempting to ‘sleep train’ Hayden atm, Hayden keeps waking at 4-4:30 every morning & im so tired! Im in the stages of adjusting his day naps now! Fx it settles in a few days..

Rileys first day back to school was on Weds & hes been miserable tired since uhh! His body must be adjusting again.

Oh & i sold the dbl tandem Joie stroller woop! It was on FB Market Place for about a month or so, a lady came out yesterday morning & picked it up, £160!

CB - We got the Contours Options Elite Tandem in dark grey. I pretty sure she ordered it online, but I dunno if she's getting it shipped to her place (an hour and a half away from us) or to SO's. And I think the only time we know we'll be seeing them in the near future is the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend (Oct 12-14).
Sorry to hear both of your boys are having trouble with sleep right now. FX everyone gets some proper rest soon. And yay for a little extra cash.

PL - What do you mean by full time schedules?

Jez - I'll look into that group. Still thinking I'll give going diaper-less a shot next weekend since we don't have much in the way of plans or errands though.
Has Tilly had another accident since Wednesday? And I hear you about the full time working mom thing. I work FT, but I have my mom to keep an eye on Alex in the mornings and after work for a little bit, so I can get freshened up throw in some laundry or whatever. That being said, he spends most of the time in his chair, having a snack and watching a little TV and I have had to manage with her randomly here and there.

AFM, we're going to a 3rd BDay party for SO's cousin's daughter (Alex's 2nd cousin) tomorrow and I'm looking forward to hanging out with family and giving Alex a chance to interact with some new kids. Work's been fairly chill for me recently. Been doing stuff that allows me to go at my own pace and sit more, so I'm usually in very little pain (if any) by the end of the day. SO still hasn't gotten his notices of assessment, so still no closer to a house. And I've been working to ween Alex off of having his milk in sippy cups. There's usually a bunch of crying and pouting and if he's too stubborn to drink from a normal cup, I know going without a little milk won't kill him. He's pretty good at restaurants and stuff, so it's only an issue at home. I have noticed though that he's ok with water from the plastic children's cups we have, but milk is an issue. So, I think I'll look into a different (possibly clear) style of children's cups and those will be his "milk cups".
Oh! And I don't think I mentioned that we recently found out that my sister is pg and having a girl due Dec 12.

Picked up a few new things for the new baby. The Mickey sleeper will be perfect for Disney and Alex has matching sleepers like the ones in the last pic.

69582548_2106237199678062_5751563892039876608_n.jpg 70462982_2680531891971494_8649194613719957504_n.jpg 70284488_1407073936106528_4678840108433014784_n.jpg 69909044_2314500722145371_5954923588413816832_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->