• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobs, don't give up. He'll get it. We spent a few days (almost a week?) Bottom naked on the deck last summer and I rewarded with a snack pack of gummy bears the first few days. He caught on so quickly "peepee on the potty, I get candy" that he'd try and squeeze out a drop every 10 minutes. Lol, so I had to scale back to 1 bear per pee and within a week it was only if it's a big pee do you get 1 candy.
After that was solid, I changed the rules again and it was you get a candy for poo on the potty .

Another issue we ended up running into was that he was already too big for the potty, we had to transition to the toilet real fast.

Thanks PL! Once I woke up and started paying more attention again, we started getting more successful. I was giving him stickers, but he honestly doesn’t care. So I’m counting myself lucky that a big hug and high five are sufficient for him haha. He still won’t go without me telling him. Most times he’ll start saying uh oh or tee tee 10-15m before he really has to go, but we’re 2 for 3 this morning (I was playing video games and mid save lol so that’s on me). Yesterday he got 3/5 in the potty with the same mommy was playing animal crossing and dropped the ball :rofl:

but major gains so I’m actually thinking of moving to block two tomorrow (pants no underwear)

a barely fits on the summer infant one and he can’t fit in the munchkin. But they the big potty chairs are too big haha

Dobby - I have the Oh Crap potty training book too, but I'm only like 1/4 of the way into it. Glad it seems to be helping you. Give A a high 5 from me for using the potty. :)

Flueky - Yes and no. I haven't been much of drinker for a while, but it's still nice to cop a buzz every now and again. I'm actually gonna be treating myself to a drink tomorrow evening. It's my BDay and I'm having a social distancing party. I made a FB page and told people to post a pic of themselves enjoying a drink and/or yummy dessert. It'll probably just be one can of this Mike's Hard Lemonade style drink (only 7% alc), but I'll make sure I have enough pumping milk for Matthew for the evening.
Sleep training is going pretty well. The first night he cried for 45 mins. Nothing the next night. 20 mins after that. Nothing after that. This is the 12th night and he'll either cry for 20 mins, whine for 7-ish, or just not cry at all. I know I should be putting him down for naps too, but now that the weather's nice, we've been going to walks around his morning nap time. I think lots of experts say they should only ever sleep in a crib, but whatever. I have another kid to think about and there's no harm sleeping in the fresh air. I haven't been putting him down for afternoon naps though cuz I suck and I'm not sure when I should. You'd think I'd know better after having 1 kid already, but nope. lol
Glad to hear your US went well. :)

AFM, still slowly packing up SO's condo. Getting new appliances is now up in the air, but FX we can at least get the cabinets and countertop fixed up. And painters in soon

I would but I f*ed up. After 2 amazing days, I put him in pants. I was on the fence because of his sensory issues. We went from no accidents and peeing on a consistent schedule 5/6 times a day and a bm once a day to 10 accidents in one day. So back to pant less, but I was so bitchy that day because work was blowing up and I got my period early... now he’s refusing to use the potty at all. He held it for five hours then went like comatos in my arms and then peed all five hours of me on me... I guess I can’t say my kid has never peed on me now. I’m so exhausted between work and all these f*ing therapy/intervention meetings. Plus I bought Animal Crossing lol. Like I can only play when he naps so having to give up 2 naps a week for his intervention team to accomplish nothing and then at least 2-3 more to do work... I’m at my breaking point. And my family is being assholey because my stepdad is manipulating my brothers.

I know this should be the least of my worries but I am slightly frustrated, with my daughter I gained 35lbs and had a massive bump (lots of water) and got like 6 stretch marks but only once I hit full term, this time The entire bottom half of my bump is covered in them and I’ve only gained 3lbs with a small bump and I’m not even term yet! How could it go so wrong this time???

Pretty the experts all say different things so forget them and do what works for you. I don’t like do that because then I don’t get to do what I want if he’s slept in the stroller haha. But he’s content in a stroller awake and has gotten good about walking with the dogs and not running off now.

kit totally valid! I’d be equally upset. Maybe just because it’s the second go round so you’re body is changing faster? Idk sorry don’t really have any experience in that realm

afm I’m less hormonal so less ragey. We’re back to square one but at least he’ll sit on the potty without losing his mind and we got one successful pee last night

Dobs sorry about the regression, hopefully he gets back on track quickly. My mom said it took about 2 weeks to potty train me, and I didn’t have any cognitive/behavioral differences, so if it doesn’t happen in a few days it’s totally normal. Frustrating though, for sure. Hopefully you don’t get peed on again. Hugs. :hugs:

Kit I would be frustrated too. My puberty stretch marks drove me nuts when they were pink (my entire butt was covered in them. Literally the entire thing.) so I know that’s one thing I’ll struggle with in pregnancy. As for causes, has anything changed in your nutrition or water intake? Were you doing something to prevent them last time or taking some supplement that you didn’t this time? If no to all of the above, it’s probably just bad luck and how your skin stretched this time. Either way it sucks and I’m sorry you’re going through this. I hope you and baby are otherwise well, and of course little Evie and your SO.

Happy Easter to those who partake! Hopefully everyone can still find a way to make today special. My mom said we could go over but I have a cough so I’m just gonna hang here.

potty training has it’s good days and bad days but it’s whatever lol. I’m getting a bit flabby from my lazy process foods and lack of walking so I’m back on my keto

Happy late Easter!

Dobs I’ve noticed a ton of people online talking about the quarantine weight gain. I personally am having the opposite problem, so is my sister :-( We’ve both lost 5 pounds, which won’t kill me but my sister can’t afford to lose weight, her doctor was concerned. We used to go out to eat every weekend to help her gain weight and of course we can’t do that now. We get delivery sometimes but I think the lack of routine is messing with our eating schedule, plus I’m used to eating a feast from the dining hall for every meal, and that had me maintaining about 138 lbs. But I’m lucky that I don’t gain weight easily and that a 5 lb weight loss won’t put me at risk like it will my sister, I just don’t really want to lose weight because I know I was healthier when I was eating more (I ate a lot of veggies at school). Despite the weight loss I’m trying to exercise because I had started going to the gym before this doing strength training and I was doing well. It makes me drink more water which I definitely need.

ETA: I realized this may have come off as insensitive about your weight gain. If it did, I apologize. Weight loss is super hard for a lot of people so complaining about losing weight may not be totally sensitive to that.

Last edited:
I bawled over coffee today and just discovered pink spotting so that explains everything :rofl:

Oh yikes! That’s not good. Hopefully, she can figure out an eating schedule and routine that gets those pounds back on. :(. Most people I know are gaining or not necessarily gaining but seeing a negative change in composition. It’s rough days for sure.

I didn’t think it was insensitive. I’m not gaining so much as hit a plateau. It’s frustrating because even cycling every other day doesn’t help. I walk so much and am up so much at work I guess.

it’s really nbd. I’ll get over it. It’s looking like I’ll be forever single anyway so who cares if I’m 15/20 lbs heavier than I’d like to be

I feel you!!! AF crept up on me too :rofl: Always funny in hindsight haha

I’m started to get bad migraines. They go away when I’m out and about or outside but this condo is killing me.

Dobs that’s definitely frustrating. I’m trying to get back into exercise because I’m so sedentary now and I barely move most days. Definitely not healthy, and any muscle I gained at school is probably wasting away right now. I’m trying to alternate yoga and full body bodyweight workouts, I’m trying out Gymondo. Do you have a bike machine at home like a peloton or are you riding an actual bike? I’ve heard spin classes are killers, I’d be scared to try one lol.
Re: AF definitely funny in hindsight lol
Re: migraines, any idea what it could be that’s different in your condo vs outside? Temperature, humidity, artificial lighting, mold growth, etc? Or is it just being cooped up?

I have a cheap bike but I do the peloton membership. I like it because it’s a wide range of exercise classes, not that I make use of them lol. But i love that they have recorded and live classes, so you’re never repeating. You can filter by time, genre of music, or intensity. You start to learn what instructors you like. My friend loves the hardcore, boot camp types. I’m more into the mindfulness, celebrate you instructors. If you have a spin bike, I def recommend. Wasn’t a fan of their dance cardio and haven’t tried anything else. But it does make me want a legit peloton

it’s probably lack of fresh air and sunlight and stress.

Dobs, like you dh and I have joined Peloton. We have committed to working out every night at approximately the same time. Usually when at least one child is in bed. The 10-20 minute workouts are our favorite at the moment. Lenght depends on which body part we chose to make suffer that night.. haha
I do feel like it has started to make a difference, heck I can do squats again! However, my pre pregnancy pants are still as tight as ever..

Shae, hope your family is doing good health wise. Hope your sisters finds something she is ok with eating. My dh has a couple of front windows in his office (right along main Street) and I have crafted from paper a blue "thank you" in cursive as well as various blue hearts in different shades. Blue standing for all of the health care workers on the front lines.

Afm, I am having a bit of a hard time with coping mentally. Haven't seen my family since February, we lost our dog 3 weeks ago (dogs have been my passion for 20 years and his loss has changed my daily routines of 20 years!).
Haven't left the house/property except for once weekly groceries. And am watching (well listening really) my brothers in law still visiting each other multiple times over the long weekend. (One of them living with his asthmatic mother and his 7 month old baby) they think close family is ok to visit, in my opinion they aren't doing their part. And it was my breaking point...

PL that’s awesome! Glad you’re seeing the benefits!

I’m sorry the isolation is hitting you hard. Are there places you all can go when the weather is good? One of my friends lives out on one of those not overly populated islands by Seattle, and she’s out hiking and going to the beach every day with her two toddlers. I’m quite jealous. But the fresh air and vitamin d might help. Are you able to FaceTime? My friend does a weekly happy hour with her family. I have friends who do weekly game night.

it ducks when you’re struggling to do the right thing but then you know people who aren’t. I totally feel that. I’m the same. My brother was at my parents for a month and I didn’t get to see him, but my closest friends are out dating and doing whatever they want when they want with bull excuses about why it still counts as quarantining.

Sorry for the selfish post;

Not sure what to do to be honest. I’ve had on and off severe braxton hicks all day (now 4:45pm) combined with fanny daggers/lightening crotch that take my breath away. They are definitely irregular and inconsistent but I’m having at LEAST 3 an hour, I feel like I can’t be in labour as they are far too inconsistent but at the same time it’s not stopped really since I woke up! Do I ring triage and bother them or just leave it and see if it fizzles out, I’ve tried laying on my side, moving about, drinking a ton of water and nothings really helping.

Kit I'd give them a ring just in case since it's not stopped

This was a very scary 40 minutes. They’ve fizzled nearly completely now, not had one for about 20 minutes.

I kept thinking, just wait a little longer, just wait a little longer. Now they’re gone and I wish I had rang because I’m not sure what’s going on, too scared to check myself in case I set something off, midwife is off duty so don’t want to bother her. If it starts up again I think I’ll ring straight away. It wasn’t right, definitely not right. I’m just reluctant because of lockdown, once we drop Evie off that’s it until I give birth whether it’s tomorrow or in 5 weeks. I don’t want to not see her for that long but we can’t just keep swapping her between households!

36C3249C-48EC-4542-8A2F-3A9E3D9546B7.png

Wow. I hear that. It’s a tough spot to be in for sure. I think you have a solid plan though to ring if it starts back up again, but holding off on Evie things are more definitive. :hugs: I’m sorry. Hang in there and trust your instincts that if this isn’t it then it’s not or if something isn’t right, when is your midwife back on? I’d ring her regardless then just for peace of mind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->