• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

You could always call and tell her what happened even though it's fizzling out. Better safe than sorry because it's early enough that if it is preterm labor then baby girl might need a NICU stay. Midwife should be able to give you advice

Kitty I’m so sorry that happened to you! That must have been incredibly stressful. I hope all is well right now and the contractions have not returned.

I’m getting the odd braxton hicks but nothing like last night. Boobs have gone berserk though so feel it’s only a matter of time. Midwife back on duty tomorrow so will text her tomorrow morning or ring triage in the meantime should something occur.

Kitty I hope things are going well and no more contractions!

I actually ended up in hospital Wednesday overnight, contractions were coming thick and fast and I dilated to 2cm, they managed to get them to slow down considerably but they also gave me steroid injections for baby’s lungs should she arrive early. They sent me home after no change in my cervix for 12 hours but said I must immediately phone if they start up again!

Oh wow. I’m glad that they took the precaution with the steroid. I’m sorry though, that’s so stressful. I was about 35 weeks, and look at me now! ;) But hopefully Your little bun stays cooking a few more weeks. Do you feel like the meds for the contractions are helping

Oh wow. I’m glad that they took the precaution with the steroid. I’m sorry though, that’s so stressful. I was about 35 weeks, and look at me now! ;) But hopefully Your little bun stays cooking a few more weeks. Do you feel like the meds for the contractions are helping
Yeh, contractions haven’t stopped but they definitely aren’t as painful or regular, in fact I could say they were braxton hicks instead but I’m still keeping an eye out in case they aren’t haha! I do get the odd one or two in a row that are painful but nothing like they were when I went into triage! And the fact they sent me home makes me feel better, obviously aren’t immediately worried!

Kitty oh geez that’s scary, I’m glad they were able to stop things and give steroids for baby’s lungs. Fingers crossed baby stays in for another few weeks!

Kitty did they check baby’s growth while you were there? I remember you were worried about it previously with your smaller bump.

Kitty did they check baby’s growth while you were there? I remember you were worried about it previously with your smaller bump.

no they didn’t, mentioned a presentation scan but never did it (numerous midwives couldn’t work out which direction she was facing)

I think my midwife will say she’s breech (they said I needed to make sure I went to an actual appointment rather than it just being a phone appointment) and hopefully as I’ll be 36 weeks she’ll send me for a presentation scan (which includes growth as well)

can’t remember if I mentioned but it really frustrated me last time I went for a midwife appointment and she measured my bump, looked at my chart, decided she didn’t like the measurement she took (because it was too small to follow the line she wanted me to follow) so kept measuring and checking where she was (it ended up half way up my ribcage, pretty much in between my boobs, definitely not the top of my bump and below the top of my pubic bone) until she got the measurement she wanted!! #-o Really frustrating, but I feel like I can’t say anything to her because she’s supposed to be the professional right!

Last edited:
Kitty I agree with flueks, you don’t falsify stuff just because it’s not what you want it to be, you document the correct information and if it’s concerning you report it to the physician. I would’ve said something but I think that’s because I’ve had experience on the nursing side of it, it’s really hard to call people out who are supposed to be the professional and knowledgeable. But you have to stand up for yourself and your baby, so if she doesn’t send you for a scan next time, tell her you know your measurements are lower than they should be and you want a scan and won’t take no for an answer. If she still says no, honestly you could threaten to report her for falsifying documentation but that’s last resort of course, you wanna avoid making her defensive and angry if possible lol

Kitty I hope you and baby are doing well.

AFM SO and I are having a rough time relationship-wise rn so thoughts/prayers/good vibes would be much appreciated.

Just been for my midwife appointment, she couldn’t deny the problem this time, completely static growth, no change at all and she took it 3 times. Growth scan Friday (2 days) and she still can’t work out if she’s breech or not so it doubles as a check for that.

Oh Kit big hugs. I’m glad that she booked the scan though. Hopefully things come back with good news. I’ll be thinking of you

Shae hugs. I agree. I don’t know anybody (who isn’t still in new relationship honeymoon phase) that isn’t having trouble with their partner. Definitely unique and stressful times. Take care of yourself and vent if you need to.

afm rough week as A skipped a naps I’ve been playing catch up. But I think I’m on an okay spot now. I may be sending him to daycare in June. It depends on when they can staff ABA. I get nervous but I’m home all day and it’s just a three minute drive there and another three to the hospital. We have the same medication here anyway if his breathing gets bad. But it just sounds like even when things are released back out to the world he’s just as exposed then. I love being home with him, but I need a rest and he needs to work on his behavior goals, which I can’t replicate at home.

bright side we’ve been at this potty training now three weeks. I had to have a come to Jesus talk with myself about really putting work aside to do it. We’re having way less accidents and even wearing pants now. Def still a 1-1 support situation but im really happy with his progress. S are times he took himself to the potty with no support or reminders from me

E00C267C-714B-490B-A384-84F0E439AD6A.jpeg

Good job on the potty training dobs!

Kitty, fingers crossed for you on the scan! Hope all is well

Shae, relationships are hard long distance (assuming you cant see each other regularly at the moment?)

Afm: little guy has finally decided walking maybe faster after all, but only when we aren't watching. Lol, he's also turned into a huge climber... Including the baby gate. Left him in the kitchen for 30 seconds the other day while I grabbed something from the freezer, and he pulled out the drawers to climb on the counter. Sat there quietly eating one chocolate chip at a time when I came back 30 seconds later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->