General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Oh my goodness Dobs he’s so adorable ahhhhh! His curly hair is just precious, and he looks so much like you.

Re: OPKs, yeah apparently they’re different from HPTs. According to google, LH usually surges in the early morning but can take several hours to appear in the urine, so afternoon is ideal. But they still want your urine to be concentrated and for you to have a 4 hour hold of course, so you get to be dehydrated during the day lol.

Thanks! I know there are studies about how hugging your kids more often affects their brain chemistry, so I wonder if there might be a biological factor as well. He looked so much like his dad the first 6 months, and now I don’t see his dad at all. Everyone says the same.

Ah gotcha gotcha. I tested like 3x a day so :rofl: idle hands

Hi guys.

Lovely pics Dobby and no judgement from me.

Shae I liked testing around 1 to 3 in the afternoon with at least 2 hr hold and limited fluids.

Hi Flueks! :hi: 1-3 pm sounds like a good bet to me.

I read that 2x a day is good to avoid missing the peak, like early afternoon and then later evening. I’m gonna do 2x a day when I get close to expected O date, I think I’ll start 1x a day on like CD10 and then 2x a day on CD13 and test out the peak. My cycles are usually 30-33 days if they’re not crazy irregular ones. I’m hoping that getting off the IUD will cause me to have regular cycles, although it may take a few months to regulate.

On another note, while BDing recently, SO said when I get my IUD out he wants to have one time with no diaphragm, no condom, nothing, cuz he’s been being stabbed by the IUD string for years now and wants just once without it, and obviously we’d do it far from the fertile period but like, that’s still a decent risk considering my family’s history, so it makes me nervous. Like he’s been saying how he was very nervous about the increased risk of the diaphragm vs the IUD and then all of a sudden he wants to go completely unprotected? The annoying thing is that during :sex: we don’t tend to think logically about risk, we like risk cuz ya know, adrenaline, vs any other time we’re like “that’s a terrible idea wtf”. Like when he said it I was super down and then after I was like “wait what?” :rofl:

Also I found a super cute felt crib mobile that matches the woodland animal vibes I’ve been loving lately and it is not helping my baby fever in the slightest. I’ve been looking at gender neutral everything just because it’s easy to re-use for subsequent babies, so it saves money, and since I grew up in the woods and SO loves nature I think it’s fitting for us to go nature themed.
Pic below (Telling you guys in case BnB doesn’t show pics unless you click in that area like it’s been doing to me)
3E4556F2-E0AF-4809-A941-5539656A3290.jpeg

Shae my bnb has been weird about photos as well. I love it! The woodland themes are so stinking cute! Sounds like a great opk plan! And how interesting about SO. I mean, I'm not surprised though. I mean if you're temping then like you know enough about how cycles work to pick a day for it. Obviously not without any risk because our bodies like to be weird just when we think we're safe (my cyst pregnancy was from BD on CD 27/28), but Idk. He could also go for the namesake of this thread hahahahahahahah

Flueks thanks! How are you and the girls doing?! I can't believe it's been a month!

Dobs I asked SO about it last night and he said he just meant for like a couple minutes, not finishing unprotected. He’ll likely have enough sense to stop early, knowing him.

So I’ve realized I need to stop taking melatonin before bed, because it makes me sleepy but then I wake up 4-5 hours later, like half an hour before my f*cking BBT alarm, and since it’s a natural waking up I sit in that half asleep stage before realizing I’m awake, so I’ve been awake longer and my temp is higher. Sooo we have another temp I have to toss. Although at this point maybe I should just keep it and assume I’ll know the difference when my temp stays elevated on days I wake up to the alarm. I didn’t have this much trouble when I was temping a few years ago, so this is super annoying.

ETA: ya know what, I’m just keeping all the weird temps. FF can decipher this sh*t.

Last edited:
Perhaps the issue isn’t the melatonin, because I just woke up after less than 4 hours of sleep. Sooo now I’m not sure what the issue is.

Dobby we are pretty good. S's clavicle is healing up and she's been sling free for 2 weeks so that's nice. V is my wild child as always. It was pretty cute that she called my mom yesterday and then told DH that "memaw not answer phone" repeatedly :lol: E ia growing nicely. Had been growing at a pace of 5 oz/week. Well from Thursday to Sunday she gained 5 oz! She's *knocks on wood* my easiest baby. We do bedshare at night but I just follow the safe sleep 7. I really need my sleep in order to care for all my children. I do enjoy the snuggles too as I'm trying to savor as this is the last time I'll experience it. I've been able to createa small stash thanks to a haakka and pumping afterthe MOTN feed. I've started having DH feed a bottle around 10 and I just pump to keep my supply up.

Shae sorry melatonin doesn't seem to have been the culprit.

AFM I stubbed my toe pretty bad yesterday. I've either sprained it badly or broke it some. Hoping the first so recovery is faster.

Christmas presents are wrapped, well almost all of them. Feels good to get that done. We also had excavation started on our land. Very excited about that as it just makes it all more real.

Flueks I’m glad S is healing up nicely, and how cute of V! So awesome that E is growing well and is an easy baby (knock on wood). I hope your toe is just a sprain and that it heals quickly.

AFM it’s finals week and I’m behind on final assignments AHHHHH this is fine :help:
4729B5F4-7003-41D6-B132-71B7D876F4CA.jpeg

Shae no idea how melatonin works beyond the vague concept. Sorry that may be the culprit. GL with finals! You got this!

Fluek that's amazing that she's healing Sounds like all your girls are doing super well! Sorry to hear about your toe. I second Shae, hope it's nothing major and stops giving you grief soon.

AFM got my period. Idk if it's because the last cycle was probably anovulatory, but it hurt most of the day T-T Pap came back normal. Doctor wants me on the dash diet for my elevated blood pressure and trying to walk the dogs for a mile before work instead of vegging and watching tv or working haha. So happy to be off for two weeks and get a break. I get three days next week of A in school. My students were like what are you planning to do? I'm like fix my house and sleep haha. I'm grown. All I want for Christmas is sleep. Finally got my court paperwork back. 3.5 months later and only because I called them every day for three days.

Dobs sorry about the period, but yay for a normal pap! Also, a mile? Lol fat chance I’d do that before work, I’d be too exhausted after. I’d definitely be spending my days off sleeping, too. I already spend my days off from class sleeping lol. Also yay for getting the court paperwork back!

Today was my last day of finals so unless I get an email from a professor like “hey you’re missing this thing you can’t pass without” I should be done. No clue how I did on my nursing final, it was quite hard. I need a 72 I think to pass with an 80 so fingers crossed.

Question for those who do/did OPKs: did your line get lighter before it got darker? Because my OPK today at CD12 is way lighter than it was CD7-11. I’m not expecting to O until at least CD16 though based on prior cycles. Pic below.
C8D1A695-7CF8-437B-A3FD-C9EDC896B72C.jpeg

Also quick post. Yes mine would go back and forth. It wasn't a gradual progression.

No temp for today because I woke up like every 20 minutes from 3 am to 6:30 am when I said f it and got up. I would’ve taken my temp at 3 am if I’d known that would happen cuz I fell asleep at like 9 pm but I wasn’t expecting that unfortunately. My body needs to chill tf out.

ETA: I just ordered sustained release melatonin.
ETA2: I also just ordered a bottle of folate pills juuuuust in case, because I know you’re supposed to be on it before you even get pregnant and it does help with mood apparently, plus it’s cheap so no harm in taking it. I’m hoping I won’t need it for anything other than the mood, but I don’t want to increase my risk of spina bifida or anencephaly by not taking a cheap simple pill.

Last edited:
I am an idiot.

I pulled my bed sheets off and threw them in the wash, not realizing that since I leave my thermometer under my pillow, it’s on the sheets. It got pulled in with the sheets and I accidentally washed it. It gave one final temp and then died. So, I get to have 3 nights in a row with no temps until the replacement arrives (expected Sunday) d/t the sleep issues last night and the next 2 wake-ups. CD13-15. F*ck. (laugh-cries) Hopefully I won’t ovulate until at least CD16 so I can still see my temp rise.

Oh no! Sorry about the thermometer and the disjointed sleep. Hopefully things work out with the timing of O and the new thermometer.

I'm officially on break, but I won't get to rest until Monday. Even then, I have some grading I need to wrap up so Monday will probably be errands day. I went to be fairly early 9:30 but one of my neighbors got drunk at who knows what AM and decided to scream at his friend in the parking lot. Couldn't hear his friend (who had the decency to use a quiet voice cuz you know indecent hour in a parking lot), so only got the one sided convo. Almost called the cops though cuz drunk guy was blabbering on about knives and fighting until a third friend drove up and carted him away.

Dobs yay for break but sorry it doesn’t really start quite yet for you. Geez I’d be so mad if I was woken up like that, that’s awful. Glad that guy’s friends carted him off.

So I did something crazy today. I was looking on Amazon for wedding dresses for kicks and found one I actually really liked for $90 with great reviews and a ton of photo reviews. I showed it to my mom and she was like “that’s so pretty, just buy it now, what if they up the price dramatically or remove it from Amazon?” I was not at all expecting that reaction from her. But uh... I bought it :rofl: I can return it within a month if I don’t like it or if it doesn’t fit. I bought a petticoat to make it more poofy and a cheap (but pretty) veil so I can see the whole picture when I try the dress on. We also know people who could make little alterations and additions like off the shoulder straps etc

I am clearly nuts :dohh:

Pics below (mix of product photos and review photos, plus product photo of the veil)
B0FE7426-92AC-4CC1-BEC7-FE18B30546B0.jpeg AA690A26-DB00-4DDD-8532-40C7D0EAD6FB.jpeg 2A2AA01C-387F-457C-B4CF-BFD377F46C43.jpeg 742635E5-B529-44F6-8B4B-839F40DB8290.jpeg 916058EC-FCDF-4BC3-8240-6A8A96B0D23A.png

Yeah. I was unamused. But yay condo life. Tbh I just think about how annoying I must be/have been when I’m drunk yelling at my friends :rofl:

not crazy. Have to agree that things change and go out of style. $90 is a steal but also not such a huge investment that if you end up going another direction then you feel bad. Except I guess you’d have to get creative with re-purposing.

Dobs I’m such an annoying drunk, I yell without realizing I’m doing it apparently :dohh:

If I don’t like the dress when I get it, I can just return it. If I don’t like it anymore when I go to plan my wedding, it’s not a terrible loss of money. Not completely insignificant, but not enough to be crazy upset about it. If I like the dress I’ll post pics! It should get here on Tuesday.

I’m thinking for the dress, if I like it, I might buy small detachable tulle off-the-shoulder straps (they attach to the dress with buttons) cuz I’ve been loving off-the-shoulder dresses for a while now. Just little ones, not big puffy ones or anything. Like this:
A5382400-C4FD-4B97-8648-834124B1BAC2.png
I told SO today about the dress and he was dumbfounded for a couple of minutes like “this crazy b*tch actually did that”, he just kept repeating “you *bought* a *wedding dress*”, but I can’t blame him cuz my household did the exact same thing right after I ordered it, we laughed our butts off for several minutes straight. I’m still in shock myself lol. I hope I don’t hate it cuz that would be sad, not the end of the world, I can return it, it would just be disappointing.

Unrelated mini rant:
My new BBT thermometer was supposed to arrive today and it’s delayed and now estimated to arrive some time in the next 2 days. My LH is starting to rise again and I’m like HURRY UPPP I’M ON CD15!!! Ugh. Like I get Amazon is overwhelmed with packages right now, but if you can’t get the package to me in 2 days, just tell me you can’t when I’m going to order it, don’t say it’ll get there in 2 days if it won’t.
/End rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->