General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobby - Here's hoping tonight goes really well. Be careful and let us know how it went. :)

Flueky - Ya, that's a lot of stuff to get done, but many hands make light work, right? FX it all goes smoothly. And sorry about all your stresses. You're getting closer to the light at the end of this tunnel. Just keep at it and rest when you can. :)

shae - That's a good sign. You'll know soon enough.

Re: 3 in the back seat. Back when I swapped Matthew out of the bucket baby seat and installed a bigger seat in the RAV, I put the bucket seat in the free seat and shutt the door to see if it would fit. It technically will, but seats will be touching each other and the doors. And, by the time new baby is here, Matthew will be forward facing, so that may make things fit better. Will have to try some time. I thinking about putting Alex in a backless booster seat (just before the baby is born, when he'll be 4.5yo) to free up a little more room. Either way, it'll work, it'll just be tight. I did the same space test in my Impala and I actually think things will fit nicer. The interior is actually quite spacious.

AFM, still haven't asked SO about EDD preference. I wanna get him when the kids are asleep and he's not busy with work or video games, so that doesn't leave me a lot of time. He's apparently been hella moody tonight. Came upstairs shortly after I picked up the kids. Dinner was just cleaning up leftovers, but he wasn't interested in anything in the house. Fell asleep for close to an hour on the couch while the boys and I ate. I took the boys to play in the backyard, he went back downstairs to poop and shower. Comes outside and announces he's going to go get food for himself and asks if I want anything. Leaves, comes back, back to the basement. I do bath time (for both) and bedtime for Matthew by myself (but nothing new there). I go downstairs to throw in a load of laundry and he's laying on the couch in the dark. Says he's been angry and feeling like shit. Ask if he wants to be left alone and he opens his arms for a hug. He's now laying in our bed with Alex. So, far from a good night, but we've had worse.
Otherwise, just the same old story over here.

Selfish post

Oh. My. God. Wtaf is with these men? This fool texts me as I’m getting in my car to cancel then turns around and is like asking for pics and sexting. Acting like if I want a second chance then I need to do it. Like nah NAH you may be able to pull that ish on a 20 something, but I have too much self respect and not enough time for stupid. Told him if he has time and energy to sext then he had time for me to come over. So I went down the roster and everyone is like GIRL we’re not teachers we have to work tomorrow lol. But one was f’adorable so we’re going to dinner on Friday. Like personality is so sweet. And so hot SO HOT not zac efron hot but still yummmmyyyyyy. Like he could have gotten it with no effort hot haha. But he’s like I want to take you to dinner. I’ll take you anywhere that you want to go. I’ll do anything you want (but in a super cute way not cringe way). He texted me as soon as he got up too lol.

Last edited:
Aww Pretty that really sucks. I hope whatever is bothering him resolves quickly. At least he still reached out for a hug even if he was hanging out alone in the dark.

That’s good that you can at least make it work for now if you can’t grab a bigger car immediately.

hugs to everyone! Hope everyone has a good day!

Dobby - That sucks about your hook up, but it sounds like you may have found a better guy cuz of it. Everything happens for a reason, right? Hope things go well on your date.
SO seems ok this morning. I'm a little afraid to ask what was up cuz it might put him in a mood again. But we'll see how this evening goes.

AFM, had one of those dreams that continues even after you wake up a couple times. All I remember is I was pg and my EDD was like early September. When I woke up, I felt where my uterus is and I felt a bulge, but it was just my bladder cuz I had to pee really bad. lol. Then I considered taking a pregnancy test, but I'm just finishing AF and SO and I did it with a condom and way too late in my cycle for me to be pg right now. lol

Dobs ugh dang it Zac Efron guy! Why do men?

Pretty sorry your SO had a rough night but I’m glad he still wanted affection and that he’s feeling better today.

AFM… GUESS WHO’S OFFICIALLY AN RN!!!!
I also got a full time day shift job offer, 3 days a week, orientation starts next month!

Shae yay!!! So proud of you!!! Just thinking back on how you were waiting to get accepted into nursing school and now you've got your license and a job lined up :)

Pretty sorry he was/is in a bad mood. Hope he hets out of it soon. Also, yes hate when dreams continue even with waking in between. It's usually not a good dream when that happens for me. Also, hate those teasing pregnancy dreams. It's so disappointing when you wish to be pregnant. I remember when ttc#1 I dreamt I took a pregnancy test like how you take an oral temperature lol.

Dobby sorry Zach Efron guy did that, but good for you for standing up for yourself :) Also, hope it goes well with this new hot guy.

shae - Yay!! Congrats!! :wine:Here's to the start of the next chapter of your life. :)

Flueky - Ya, those teasing dreams suck a lot more when you don't have kids yet. And we're not even technically TTC yet, so it was just kinda random. lol

So, just asked SO if he had an EDD preference and his almost exact words were "never... it's just a lot of everything... it's like you like being busy... you need to learn how to relax." So... ya...
I guess that's where all those "ifs" were coming from. Not gonna let this phase me though. Gonna keep doing my OPKs and I guess I need to decide if I want to try this cycle or the next.

Thanks everyone!

Pretty yikes, I’m sorry about the “never” comment. Hopefully he’s still somewhat open to the idea?

AFM I calculated my monthly pay and I’m going to need someone else to also have their pay stub for the apartment application ugh, but luckily SO is still working (and a lot) down here until we move and the roommate is applying for jobs up there, he has some connections, so fingers crossed. They only gave me 32 hours a week but that’s considered full time for them so I still get the benefits, it just means less money which is annoying cuz life is expensive.

I am… very confused.

I never got a +LH test, just that mini surge back on CD14-15 that never got close to positive. My temperature is still elevated, and I took plan B 8 days ago. It’s supposed to be out of your system after 5 days. My birth control app now thinks I ovulated prior to taking Plan B, and it has an algorithm to account for Plan B changing your temperature, I logged it, it knows I took it. It didn’t think anything of my raised temp until today when I guess it decided it’s been elevated longer than Plan B would cause? But it spiked immediately after taking it. Now it’s telling me I’m in safe days and I’m suspicious. I don’t believe that I actually ovulated, and no ovulation means no safe days. Anything is possible but it seems extremely unlikely. I’ve been spotting for the past 3 days now, it’s been minimal but has increased a tiny bit, still barely there though. I may be about to get my period, but I also spotted CD15-17 for no reason so :shrug: of course now I’m like “it’s implantation spotting!” But again, I never had a +OPK. I am incredibly confused and I don’t want to assume these are safe days when I’m not sure I actually ovulated, ya know? FF thinks I ovulated the day I took Plan B because of course my temp spiked but I’m pretty sure that’s due to the progesterone, I took daily OPKs and none were even notable, no mini surge, no nothing. All super super faint.

Update: my spotting has increased to bright red blood and considering the excessive fertile CM I was having plus a high cervix when I had that mini LH surge that never got positive, my best guess is that I ovulated on CD16 (and therefore didn’t need to take Plan B at all lol), so I threw in a +OPK on FF the day I had elevated LH.

shae - Sorry that your cycle seems to be super weird right now. Hopefully things will be back to normal going forward.
Can you request extra hours at work, or is that standard for a newb and you'll get more hours as time goes on?

Re: "Never". So, he hasn't reneged on anything. I'm actually surprised that hasn't said something like "and you want more of this shit?" during a Matthew crying fit yet. I think he was just being honest based on what I asked him. What month would you ideally like to have a baby? IDEALLY, he would not, but I think he's in the mindset that he's gonna allow me to TTC and then we'll just see what happens. Since that comment, we slightly discussed 7 seater SUVs again. At this point, I think my game plan will just be to keep tracking, figure out the best day to DTD next cycle and then just initiate and hope that he doesn't put on the brakes or request a condom.

In other news, felt some EWCM while wiping this morning. Decided to do an OPK when I got home from work. Peed in a cup, dipped the stick, and (I swear to God) there was a strand (for lack of a better word) of EWCM hanging off the stick. lol. Sorry if TMI, but I thought it was funny. OPK was definitely negative though

Pretty I’m not sure re: hours, once I’m off orientation I’ll probably pick up shifts when they need extra people to earn more.

I’m glad that your SO didn’t mean it as a firm no, but just his ideal, and that he seems to be going along with things. Hopefully that will continue when you go to try next cycle! Fx’d!

I think we’ve all had CM get in our pee cup lol, but I’ve never had it get on the stick. An impressive (and disgusting) feat :haha:

AFM :witch: is definitely heavier this cycle than the previous 4 I’ve had since getting the IUD out. I’m marking it as heavy because it’s heavy for me, but in actuality my heaviest ever flow in my life would be medium at best. At this point, getting anywhere near actually filling a super plus tampon within 8 hours is heavy for me. I also had my first big clot since getting the IUD out, so that’s… lovely :rofl:

shae - Could it be heavier this time cuz of the Plan B?

Dobby and Flueky - Hope you ladies are doing well. :)

So, SO had to take his car in for some general maintenance today and, when he got home, he told me he'd test driven a Toyota Highlander; a 7 seater. He said he liked it and that he'd like to test drive it again with me there. He also had the numbers on how much more it would be to own if he traded in his RAV. And then, in the same conversation, he said "IF" again. I'm counting this as a win though. lol
In other news, I got a positive OPK at 3am yesterday (CD16) and the app I'm using is now predicting AF will be back on July 11. That gives me an EDD of April 17 and I am very ok with that. So, assuming SO isn't in a mood or gets cold feet at the last minute, I feel good about next cycle. :)

Pretty my mom has a Toyota Highlander. I personally find it very touchy in the gas and brake and at highway speeds for some reason it feels to me like the car is going to go flying off the road any second, BUT my mom loves it, says it’s her dream car, doesn’t have any of those issues. So it depends on the person. I’d definitely recommend test driving it to see how it feels to you.

Yay for the positive OPK, I hope next cycle goes well and you end up with a blazing BFP!

Re: the heavier period, it absolutely could be due to Plan B. I assume that’s what caused it.

I’m going on a week long camping trip up in Maine with SO’s family next week. That’ll be interesting, as I’ve never been away with his whole family for that long. I hope we don’t get grumpy at each other considering we’ll be in a cramped camper lol. It’s also a 5 hour drive to the campsite and I often get a little snippy on long car rides so I hope that doesn’t happen.

I’ve been getting a little too into essential oils aka spending too much money on them, oops. I’m nearly through my 2 citrus blends just from diffusing them in the house. Just ordered more even though I totally can’t afford it, but like, they were on sale and that company doesn’t have frequent sales. I use Eden’s Garden, I don’t trust the MLM companies like Young Living and DoTerra. I know a lot of people love them but it just puts me off that they do MLM and they’re actually way more expensive than other equally high quality companies.

I got a few more little things for the future apartment, like flatware and a wood knife block (I already had some knives so I got one that didn’t come with knives). SO is unamused by my inability to not spend money, and like, fair :rofl: once I start working I’m going to have to adhere to a strict budget. Still waiting to start the new job, and I’m very impatient lol. We were going to check out a yard sale for potential apartment stuff but after advertising for like a week in advance all they had on the big day was some kids toys, which was unfortunate for us, but hopefully helpful to some families with small children. Might check out Salvation Army to see if they have any super cheap furniture, otherwise we’ll be getting stuff from friends and off FB Marketplace. I kinda want to get new cooking stuff unless we can find used pots and pans that are actually in good shape, I’ve seen so many ads where the nonstick coating is half gone. I got a good used pot from Savers in college that I still use, so maybe we’ll check them out again. Idk, just writing out my thoughts at this point lol.

I’m getting all prepped and ready to start the RN job, I ordered scrubs and got 2 kinds hoping at least one would fit, and luckily one did, so I’m sending back the ones that didn’t and I bought some more of the ones that fit. Elastic waistband pants are always a risk for me because sometimes the waist is way too big even though it fits me in the hips, but this time I got lucky lol. They’re nice and stretchy and so are the matching scrub tops, the tops are also quite long, so I’ll be able to wear them during pregnancy for the first few months, hopefully until I start getting to the waddling stage. At that point I’ll at the very least have to get some maternity scrub tops, we’ll see about pants. The hospital has all RNs wear navy blue, but at least we get to pick the brand of scrubs.

Anyway I’m pumped about my new scrubs because they fit so much better than my boxy school scrubs so here’s a pic, please ignore the state of disarray of my bathroom and the water spots on the mirror lol.
16E909FB-F75C-4A09-B637-7A8A10A0BAA3.jpeg

Pretty, wow those are some big steps for your SO. Hope things end in a bfp for you next cycle.

Never test driven a Toyota Highlander, but I'm a huge Toyota fan :)

Shae hope the camping trip goes well. I don't do the best with being cramped up. I definitely like my personal space.

Have you thought about buying some stuff from TJ Maxx? I think they might have pots and pans set. It will probably be hard to find a decent set used. Oh or an Ollie's might be a good place to find a new but cheap set. You can always upgrade to nicer things later.

You look great in your scrubs. Glad you got a pair that suits you well. Also, Cherokee has a maternity line. I LOVED them when I was pregnant with V. It has nice big pockets for the shirt and loved the waistband with the bottoms. They switched what colors scrubs RNs and therapists wear so I donated mine to the therapy manager and they have been used by multiple therapists.

AFM, home is coming along. Septic is put in, just waiting for inspection. Block for the "skirting" has been delivered and should be set up this week. Porches are almost finished being built by FIL. Still need to vapor barrier, center blocks set up, heat pump, and some other inspections/surveys, but we are almost done. I'm thinking middle of July we will be moving.

We are going on a one night vacation on the 5th, just a trial to see how this works for us. Happy to get a bit of space from in laws but nervous about how sleeping will go. Will be taking the girls to an aquarium and mainly hanging out in the pool.

Got a bit POd last night. I put V and S to bed around 820. In laws, 3 adults and 4 kids were playing right outside our place. I have the diaper pail outside the front door and made some small talk, even mentioned that the girls were in bed. That happened around 845. The kids are riding drift carts and some big wheels. Well they didn't get the hint and at 945 they woke E up. She doesn't usually wake up til around 11. I debated about it, but I decided to go out and try to be as polite as I could. At this point all 5 kids are out there playing. I asked if they were about done as the baby had been woken up. They said once FIL got back they were leaving. They did leave shortly after and FIL did work a little bit afterwards in the shop but he was nearly done. I'm not sure if I was still rude, but I think it's rude to be playing right outside our home at almost 10 o clock. We will be gone soon enough and they can play to their hearts content without disturbing a family with young children trying to sleep.

Had an issue with gnats this past week. Still have a few left, but not many. Ugh, will have to put bananas in the fridge for the rest of summer I suppose.

Work has been busy but should wind down a little soon. Just tired as usual too, but getting a little better. E is going to bed around 730, waking around 11 and not again until 430 to 530. Then we get up for the day around 730. She had been waking around 2 to 3 prior to the past 3 days so I'm really hoping this new pattern continues. I'm so exhausted with all the night waking.

Anyways hope everyone is well.

shae - Lookin' good. The pants my work provided for me are scrubs, but they don't really stretch and I requested a size smaller than I should have, hoping I'd shrink into them. While I have lost like 17lbs since starting, they're still tight. I decided to look for some scrubs at Walmart and found ones in a similar colour, but with a lot of stretch and they're so comfy. And only $13. I ended up with 2 XLs and 2 XXLs. I wear the XLs now and I figure I use the XXLs as maternity ones.
I feel you on buying stuff for a new place. I actually accrued a bunch of stuff years before I moved out. Mainly dishes, glasses, and serving stuff. If you can find used cookware in decent condition, that's great. But maybe treating yourself to new stuff would be better.
Hopefully the car ride and trip go well. Just bring snacks and maybe try to snooze. lol

Flueky - Doesn't sound like you were rude to me. It's always weird to me how some people have their kids asleep by like 8, but then other kids of the same age are still out playing well after dark. Like, which of us are the bad parents? lol. But ya, totally agree that you went about things the right way.
FX E sleeps for longer stretches going forward. How long was it before your other girls slept through the night?

AFM, not too much to report since last night, but I can tell you about a bit of SO dumbassery from yesterday. Gonna try and keep this short...
Ok, so, gonna try to keep this short...
I had work 10-2. SO had car appt 12:30. Diabetes society collecting clothing donations 9-2 at strip mall parking lot. Stay up til 3am with SO, sorting and bagging clothes to donate. 17 bags total, all loaded in his car. SO texts while I'm at work, no one in the parking lot, will try again after appt. Send him screen shot to verify it's the right date and location. He's at the wrong location. Face palm. He did go by after his appt, but it was almost 3 and everyone had left. Like, seriously? Anyway, ended up finding out there is a permanent donation bin at another strip mall less than a minute's drive from my house. So, I dropped off all the bags and I'm feeling good. :)
Gonna take the kids to a local splash pad after breakfast and then take Alex to Party City to see if any decorations strike his fancy for his BDay. Kinda leaning towards pirate theme.

Last edited:
Dobby, it's been almost 2 weeks since we've heard from you. We hope you're doing ok. <3

So, SO and I have talked new car a little here and there and, one of those times, the topic turned to who would sit where and he was like "Alex can go here, Matthew goes here and... "Not Emma" can go here." Emma being a named I've loved since high school, but he thinks it's too old sounding and overused. I figured that I can't convince him to have another AND get to pick the name too. So, we haven't discussed girl names since there's no reason to til we know the gender. Just gotta hope we'll have that convo soon though. Premom app is saying I'm CD20 out of probably 30. Hopefully I'll be in the TWW by this time next month.

Flueks I hadn’t heard of Ollie’s before but turns out there’s one about 25 minutes from me, so I might check it out. Thanks!
I’m glad to hear the new house is coming along well. Sorry about the late night disruptions lately, that’s definitely rude of them. Hopefully E’s new sleep pattern has been continuing?

Pretty I may treat myself to a new set. I have a pot I got used in college that’s really good but my mom might rather buy me a new set than take that pot, she’s gotten used to using it, she hated our old one.
Sorry to hear that SO managed to go to the wrong address. That must have been frustrating after all the work you put into packing it all up. I’m glad to hear that he found a different location that worked.
Lol @ “Not Emma” can go here. Sounds like he’s pretty accepting of having another little one at this point! Fingers crossed next cycle goes as planned :)

Dobs I hope you’re okay, sending love <3

AFM leaving on the camping trip today. It’s actually going to be pretty cool up there for summer, 3 of the days have highs in the low 60s. Pretty crazy considering it’s 90 here today and got up to 97 yesterday. I hate the heat though so I’m cool with wearing jeans and a hoodie. It’s funny, in spring the low 60s would mean a t-shirt and jeans, no hoodie needed. In summer I’m so used to the warmer temps that low 60s feels freezing. Anyway, wish me luck. I’m going to have to temp and take daily ovulation tests in a camper (I’m CD10 today), so this will be interesting. Hopefully I can get some last safe day BD before leaving today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->