General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Good luck Shae! Glad you got your ATT! Have you got a job lines up then for once you pass?

Flueks yes, I emailed the nurse manager as soon as I scheduled my test and told her about the temp license. She’s checking with HR about the temp license to see if I can start with that. But I’m taking the NCLEX in 6 days so it won’t be long.

Shae that's awesome :) you may have mentioned it before but what area are you getting into?

Also sorry your body not cooperating with O timing. It's hard when you have baby fever. With dd2, I wanted to start ttc earlier and we kinda ntnp but I was charting my cycles so it was like ttc and ntnp combined. It honestly would have been bad if we conceived before we did and even though emotionally I wanted to be pregnant, I knew logically it wasn't the right time (wouldn't qualify for short term disability and wasn't full time at work)

AFM V got a yeast infection. She's feeling quite a but better after her first application. It was hurting her to pee so she was holding it for a super long time and she got teary eyed from fear of pain. Ah but she's doing better. I felt like a bad mom, but coworkers said their girls had issues with them as young girls and ped said common at this age because they are wanting independence and not wiping well enough. I usually wipe her but she beat me to it a few times.

Flueks it’s a PCU/stepdown tele unit.

Sorry about poor V. I didn’t realize it was so common with young girls. I have been super blessed to have never had a yeast infection, but the UTIs started in middle school. Thank god they stopped.

Shae that's awesome, you should get a lot of experience and have opportunities open up if you wish to move to another specialty :) I think the best thing about nursing is there are so many things you can do with it.

Yes, I only have had a yeast infection 2x. Once while pregnant after treating BV and the other, I must have stayed too sweaty in my gym clothes. UTIs are pretty rare now too except I got one during each pregnancy.

Sorry ladies. Been just swamped. I'm pulling out of the depression a bit, but I've been working on campus all week to close out my room. Yesterday was our last instructional day and today I just have to wrap up some end of year business on campus. I also seemed to have caught a cold. Fun times. So excited for tomorrow and to have a day to just fully rest.

Pretty, I can't remember if you've posted an update. My brain is still catching up. But I hope all is well and I'm super excited as we get closer to you TTC for your April baby!

Fluek I can't believe how much the girls are growing! I'm sorry about V's infection though. That's so hard to watch her go through as a mom. Hoping it's all cleared up now.

Shae lol you crack me up. I do think you should remove cycles from the data though if you noticed a change in pattern since you had the iud out to be more accurate. As for the rest, I feel you. I feel you. So glad the nursing board stuff came through! Hopefully that test is a breeze for you and you can get moving on the next chapter of your life!

AFM A's aba company fully staffed his hours for summer quarter, so that's really promising. He's only going to have about 2 hours a day at school without support (7-9), but thankfully he spends most of that time playing or eating and most kids don't get dropped off until 8-9 anyway. Speech is becoming a challenge because he's throwing a lot more tantrums about going to grandmas house instead. Basically to the point where she can't even run session. Nothing new on my end. I'm just wiped out at this point. My back is so much better now though, so that's nice. Banker resurfaced and wants to talk this weekend. Haven't had my closure bd with TB because things keep popping up. Part of me is like is this God trying to tell me to not sleep with him one more time lol. And my unhealthy crush on my boss is in overdrive because he keeps complimenting me at work (like on my job performance lol totally professional) and I'm so starved for positive male attention that it makes my little huntress go heeeeeeey. So that's awkward hahaha

Dobs I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. Definitely avoid acting on any feelings for your boss, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. And yeah maybe no need to have closure BD, you could just let it pass.

AFM I think maybe my body started gearing up to ovulate and then failed/changed its mind. I never got a positive OPK and no temp rose yet either. I was super “you’re ovulating get sex” feeling on Tuesday but apparently not. Maybe surge of hormones caused it and it just wasn’t enough to ovulate? I started spotting yesterday and my cervix was wide open, it’s less open today, and my boobs have been extra sensitive. The spotting hasn’t increased at all so no clue what that was. I had a super high cervix with EWCM but who knows at this point, my body doesn’t give a crap if I can decipher its actions :rofl:

Flueky - Keeping my FX that you'll be able to move into your new home by then end of the month. So exciting! And sorry to hear about V's vaccine reaction and infection. Had no idea they could get them so young. I've only ever had 2 as well. Back to back in high school and then none since. Thankfully no UTIs either.
Did you guys do anything fun for her BDay?

shae - Yay for finally hearing back! And good luck with your exam. You can do it! :)
Honestly, when you start talking about science-y stuff and tracking, I maybe understand like half of it. lol. But if you wanna delete some data off your app, go for it. And if you've figured out a better vitamin to take, awesome. As you said, you're getting smarter and better at this every month.

Dobby - Glad to hear your back is feeling better and that A is getting his hours staffed for now. Maybe it's better that you don't see TB anymore, even for one last BD. You've wasted enough time on him. Just move on to better things. Just not your boss. lol. What was the story with the Banker again?

Re: TTC - So, I had some very faint pink spotting last night and this morning. Currently a fairly light brown, so I expect AF will be here properly tomorrow. That would mean it's about 4 days early, which would make sense with my early O too. I believe that will give me an EDD of March 17, give or take. Gonna touch base with SO this weekend and see how he feels about that. Kinda leaning toward either skipping this cycle, or just doing a practice run and see what happens. Need to keep reminding myself that number 1 priority is a healthy baby... with a vagina. lol. The date will be what it will be.

Anyway, been super tired between work and kids and housework, etc., but nothing new there. SO and I got our shots on Saturday. We only really had some arm soreness on Sunday and that was it. We're about to enter Sate 1 of our province's reopening plan. So, people can now dine on patios, have 10 people for outdoor social gatherings, and I THINK big box stores can now start selling things other than just food and meds. And, lastly, I picked up a 2 pack of FRERs today. Just want to be prepared. lol

Guess who had to take Plan B today cuz she forgot to use the diaphragm :dohh: SO realized literally 10 seconds after he finished uggggh so we ran to CVS and got one and I took the pill about an hour after the BD, so I have a super good chance of it working. Obviously it would still be a blessing if it didn’t work and I got pregnant, but it’s not a good time with us in the process of figuring out a move so I’d still rather wait a bit. I just really hope I don’t have bad side effects during my NCLEX on Monday :cry: we both feel like total idiots. But SO was very nice and reminded me that if I get pregnant it just speeds up our timetable, we’ll figure it out together. So that was nice of him. CD18 is pretty risky timing but my LH test was negative this morning and just now, so the pill will probably work. I’m just pissed that it’s gonna screw up my hormones.

That sucks, shae. But at least SO was nice a reassuring about it. As you said, it's not a good time with the move and all. Potentially, the stress may have messed with your hormones/cycle/O anyway. Maybe better this happened now, so everything will be back to normal once you're all settled into a new place and a new job.

In other news, SO was actively looking up 7-seater vans last night. :)

Pretty yay for your SO looking up big vans! We have 2 7 seater cars, though one is an SUV, the other is a mini van.

My temp spiked crazy high today, which I’m 99% sure is from the giant dose of progesterone. I just marked it as a discard on FF but my birth control app lets me document emergency contraceptive use and adapts to expect the aftermath in your BBT so I kept it on there. Based on my negative LH test this morning and the huge temp spike, I’m pretty sure it’s going to work just fine. I have to admit I’m a little sad, because of course I’d love to be pregnant and this was a really big shot at it, but I know it was the responsible thing to do to take Plan B. I’m still shocked both of us managed to completely forget the diaphragm, we both feel so dumb ugh. Heat of the moment I guess.

Took my NCLEX today. It shut off at 75 questions (the minimum) so I either totally bombed it (like not even close to passing) or passed with flying colors. The NH BON says results are within 96 hours aka 4 days, hopefully it’s faster than that.

I bet you aced it Shae!! Hope you find out sooner than 96hrs! The wait is the most tortuous thing!

shae - I'm sure you did really well. Nothing to do, but wait, so just try to chill out for a few days til your results come it. It'll be what it'll be.

Re: 7 seaters. SO originally said NO MINI VANS and has only been looking at SUVs. But most recently, he's said "Maybe we'll just see which mini vans are good and pick the least objectionable looking one." lol. Honestly though, I don't think a new vehicle is in the cards for us right now though. I think we'll be ok with our current cars for a bit ('12 Chevy Impala and '17 Toyota RAV4).

Shae I agree I bet you aced it!

Fluek if I didn’t say already hoping things continue to go on schedule with moving into your new house next month! Woot!

Pretty I love that! Maybe y’all keep one car then get one mini van when the time comes? It’d be tight, but can you not do the 5 of you in a Rav? I can’t remember it lol even though I almost bought one

afm no closure sex. Decided I’m too overwhelmed for dating but I’m bit overwhelmed to get laid LOL so I got a tinder and it’s just raining d :rofl: I have a an entanglement planned for tonight with this drop dead gorgeous 28 year old. We did a video chat and he’s adorable. Never slept with someone younger than me, but I keep swiping all these 27/28s :rofl: he’s so hot. So crazy hot. I do think that after I bang my way through summer vacation I will get off the pill and start tracking O. But with everything going on with A’s school and therapies, I just want to tie my tubes. Obviously that’s just stress talking but ffs

Pretty I'm thinking Rav4 can't do 3 across. It's actually what I had before I got my minivan. Not sure about an impala and 3 across? I think worst comes to worst, drive 2 vehicles everywhere lol. I actually was going to buy a used minivan but ended up leasing a new one. I know that I'll be paying longer but I got what we needed. I do plan to buy it after my lease runs out. My lease payments are actually less than my 17 rav4 ones were. Anyways, I'm sure it'll all work out :) and I'm glad he's researching. Love a minivan now, so much easier getting kids in and out plus plenty of room.

Dobby, well I hope you have fun and just be careful. As far as home situation, I'm just praying things get back on track next week and it stays dry. We did get our electrical permits but still need septic done, blocked laid, porches finished, some excavating, heat pump set up, more rocks for the driveway, and then the last of inspections. Lots to be done but different people doing them so hoping it won't take too long. My mental health is suffering from being cramped, work being busy/juggling mom/work/self care life, and getting woken up 2 to 3 times by E and occasionally 1x by V. I'm so exhausted and DH is working some 3rd shifts to get some extra $.

Anyways, hope everyone is well.

Thanks everyone, still no results but I did this well known trick where you try to register for a new exam and if it doesn’t let you and gives you a specific pop-up it means you passed, if it lets you register it means you failed, and I got the good pop-up. So fingers crossed!

Dobs oh boy, Zac Efron hot? Are we talking like Troy Bolton hair Zac Efron, mid 2010s Zac Efron, Ted Bundy Zac Efron, or 2020 “down to earth” beard Zac Efron?

Fluek will do! A is at my mom’s. I’m only giving my number to guys I’ve chatted with through the video in the app. Sharing my location with my bestie with plans to text her when I leave, get there, head home, and get home. Did an STD panel yesterday so I know who to come for if I catch something lol.

That is quite the list but glad it’s being done by more than one group. Fxed! And so sorry about the exhaustion/stress :(

shae omg I almost clarified cuz he has so many looks and only two are cute to me. This is mid 2010s Oscar look. Drool. He didn’t post the quintessential douchy shirtless pic but he did one of him on the beach with a like a shirt on (one of those like swimsuit ones) and it was clinging to his beautiful body. Like the second he picked up the video call I was like nope you don’t even need to take me to dinner this is on lol.

Hoping the pop up trick is accurate!

And when we were on our video verification call, he was like “can I be weird? Can I see your dogs? I love dogs” then was fan girling all over them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->