General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Short post cuz long day. A woke up with 103 fever this morning and it hasn't broken yet. I'm hoping it's just a reaction to his vaccines. Sigh.

Pretty FXed you got some durable pinkie swimmers

Flueky FXed you got the clearance today! That'd be such a relief to get to move in this weekend.

Shae sounds to me like you're in a really good headspace re work. Hope things are still going well. When do you start getting paid/can make moves on the apt?

Re Virginia. He passed a gallstone. And then apologized for being a super introvert over the weekend. He's back to his usual tons of texts and pics self since. He's supposed to come over tomorrow but with A still running a fever, I probably have to cancel on him.

Dobby, V had a fever after her 4 year shots. She felt rough for a day or two and was back to herself afterwards. Glad Virginia is back to man texts :)

Pretty and Dobby, I'm sorry forgot to mention, happy belated birthday to A & A!

I got a call from building and zoning. He said I could call the power company, but power company said he needed to call. I asked if they could call him, that was a negative. If lights aren't on tomorrow morning when we stop by to get the building delivered then I'll stop by building and zoning.

Ugh, so frustrating that everything is such a process but we should still be able to move this weekend. Internet is supposed to be installed Friday. Not sure if the distance from the road will be an issue though.

Ugh that's obnoxious. Hopefully the power get sorted. Is the distance from the road a concern with the actual service or like the people figuring out where to go?

I called the power company thus morning and they received the call yesterday. They could you give me a date though. Hoping it'll be there tomorrow morning. As for internet, Comcast didn't mention anything about distance from the road being an issue, our driveway is nearly 850ft. They should be able to find it easy but not sure if distance from road will be an issue. Our old home, we weren't eligible for service and had a shorter driveway, but I'm thinking their cables weren't close enough to our pole by the road maybe?

I have a question l. I have debated and debated with myself but need some outside opinion. My BIL married a woman early this year and she had 3 kids of her own (1 bio and 2 that she adopted but are related) One of the girls is having a birthday party soon. She is mixed and when I asked her mom what she likes she said "babydoll". Should I buy a non white doll? I don't want to insinuate that kids can only play with a doll the same color but I know so much of life is white washed. Should I just embarrassingly ask her mom? Am I a bad person for even not knowing how to proceed? I'm not very close to her as she tends to keep to herself. I do too, drowning in trying to balance work, life, kids, and a sliver of self care. I imagine she probably is struggling as well with 4 kids combined ages 5 to 7 or 8.

Flueks I would say that often kids like to have dolls that look like them, so if you can find one that’s very close to her skin tone and hair color, that would be awesome. Or if you’re unsure, perhaps a babydoll with a medium skin tone and dark hair that’s kinda vague race-wise so it could go either way? When I was a kid I cared more about what clothes my barbies came with than anything else so I had a black Barbie in a blue tutu. However, I always wanted one of those custom American girl dolls where you pick the hair and eye color to match you, I wanted one that looked just like me.

That’s all I’ve got, I totally understand the feeling. You’re not a bad person for not knowing what to do, you’re a great person for trying to ask to make sure you do the right thing and don’t upset anyone. Hopefully Dobs can give some good feedback from her perspective because I’m white and I don’t fully understand the nuances of this situation.

Dobs I’m glad to hear he’s back to regular texting! Sorry about A’s fever, I hope he’s feeling better.

Pretty agh so frustrating about the + OPK timing. Fx’d that if not this cycle, next cycle.

Sorry for the lame reply, I’m exhausted. I get paid either Thursday night or Friday morning (sometimes it drops early). It turns out I need to wait for 2 paychecks to apply OR I have to have someone at work sign a thing stating my pay rate and hours etc. I don’t really know who exactly I’m supposed to go to for that. Super fun. Back to work again in the AM. Been kinda overwhelmed lately, I’ve got like every annoying but not dangerous medical ailment in existence over the past few weeks ugh, I’m a mess :rofl: but I’m surviving :shrug:

Thanks Shae, that is what I was leaning towards.

I would think HR could print and sign something regarding your pay rate and hours. If you are wanting to go that route instead of waiting for 2 paychecks, I'd go to HR. Even if they cannot help you, they should be able to point you in the right direction :) don't worry the first 6 months to a year were the hardest. I thinking finding your own rhythm and getting that confidence in yourself and abilities. Well that's how it was for me at least :)

Flueky - I would probably lean more towards a doll with a darker completion. My sister had a doll that had brown skin and she didn't treat it any different than the others. Any chance you could find a doll with alternative coloured hair? I remember seeing plush dolls that had either pink or purple hair when I was pg with Alex. But also, it doesn't hurt to ask. If I were in your shoes, I would.
FX you can get everything sorted out by the weekend. Do you guys have a long weekend this weekend in The States?

shae - I second what Flueky said and suggest asking HR about proof of income. Sorry you're so exhausted, but I'm sure you'll be used to it soon. Hope you feel better going forward.

Dobby - Sorry to hear about A's fever. Is he feeling any better now? And see? Virginia had a totally good reason for being so quiet. Try to give him the benefit of the doubt next time. :)

AFM, the boys are home from daycare again. Matthew has had a runny nose at home for the last couple days, but I guess daycare only noticed today (Wednesday). Alex was coughing and sneezing up a storm this evening, but I'm keeping my FX that it's just a summer cold, especially with the BDay party this weekend. We have appts to get them both tested tomorrow evening.
Speaking of the party, I've been trying to do a little cleaning every night so I'm not losing my mind at 2am on Friday night/Saturday morning. Putting away toys and cleaning the floor is something that'll have to wait til the morning of, so for now it's just hiding all our clutter. :/
Finally got my peak a little after midnight on CD18. Assuming I O 24hrs later, that gives me a cut off of about 6 days. Apparently the record in the FB group is 8 days, but 6 days is probably too long for normal people. Either way, I guess I'm in a TWW. My next AF is expected August 11, so maybe I'll test around the 7th.

Screenshot_20210729-020420_Premom.jpg Screenshot_20210729-023027_Samsung Notes.jpg

Oh I missed quite a bit.

Fluek, it’s such a tough call but I agree with Shae. Kids do tend to gravitate towards dolls that look like them. However, I hated it. My mom would always buy black dolls for me, back then there were rarely ever black dolls available. But by the time I was 5, I already started to feel ugly because of my ethnicity and I wanted dolls that looked like the ones on tv. As a mom now, I’m so grateful for the representation and I appreciate what my mom was trying to do. Yes, having diversity in toys is great. But her parents can do that if they want. Maybe just pick one you like for whatever reason and worst case that’s why they created the gift receipt . Or like Pretty said if you’re comfortable ask? Like maybe snap a pic of a few options and run them by mom? Honestly my friends all make Amazon lists and I love it lol. Like cool I know how much I’m willing to drop so let me just find something pre approved haha

Shae yay payday! And I agree sounds like an HR payroll question. Sorry you’ve been through the wringer! They say in teaching be thankful to have a rowdy class early in your career. Because after that everything just feels easy :rofl: hoping that’s the case for you!

pretty that’s a bummer they had to stay home over a runny nose! I know everyone is worried with the new variant, but honestly daycares are so germy lol. Kids are always oozing and spewing something. So no fever or no gross color to it, off you go lol. Hope they feel better soon and the test is negative. Yay for positive opk. Sorry it came so late though. FXed!

A definitely just had a one day fever from the vaccines thankfully. He’s totally back to himself but I’m exhausted lol. That was miserable.

Virginia had to cancel plans again yesterday because he was throwing up. I’m a little irritated, but I don’t think he’s lying about it. He was super cute today. Texted all day, sent a bunch of pictures. But I am wary that like sure you feel better today but you rallied to go fishing and couldn’t rally to see me? Especially when I said I’d be happy to just come to you and chill and watch tv. Buuuut he did agree to a label change from hooking up to dating. And his face is just so stinking cute. I can’t be mad lol.

popped off on the ABA people cuz I’m exhausted and not trying to meet with them every day for three weeks

Hey!!
It’s been two years since I popped on here! I’ve missed you all and missed the online support. how is everyone? I’m going to need brief updates on everyone’s lives.

Not a lot has changed with me. Twins are 4, little one is 2. Still stay home with them but recently I’ve been focusing on myself a lot more and finding myself outside of being a mom. we bought a house last year, got another dog (we’re up to 3 at this point lol), I have a flock of chickens and a couple ducks. Between the animals and the kids it’s basically a zoo over here lol

Congratulations on the house!!!! And woohoo zoo! I love it. But especially love that you're getting more time to explore your passions.

AFM same old, same old. But I did talk to my boss yesterday about accepting a stipend position which officially puts my salary into 6 figures. It's really dumb, but I've been waiting for this milestone on the salary schedule plus it's coming on my 10th year teaching. Just feels extra special. My boss asks if I was just doing it as a favor to him, and I'm like LOL no I'm broke. It's an extra 1k in December and another 1k in June, and every little bit helps.

Welcome back, Green.

My oldest, Alex, just turned 4. And my 2nd, Matthew, is 21 months. SO and I bought a townhouse together last summer. I quit my factory job just before my last mat leave ended and I'm now cleaning houses. I've lost about 65lbs since last July and SO and I are kinda trying for baby #3. I'm using The Babydust Method in hopes of finally getting a little girl and am technically in a TWW right now, but I don't have high hopes for this cycle.

Great to hear from you Green!!!

I still don’t have any babies :rofl: we’re getting there, though. I’m now off birth control and preventing using natural family planning. I’ve been doing that since January. I finished college and have recently started my new job as a nurse. Working on getting an apartment with SO with the new funds from the new job.

I’m glad to see everyone is doing so well!

dobs- I totally get that 6 digit threshold. Hubs has the same thing with his hourly pay. When he got above $50 he was so excited. Congratulations it’s such a big accomplishment! I remember when you were struggling to keep or find a position, you’ve moved up a lot!

pretty- that’s all so exciting! Our kiddos are super close in age and congratulations on your weight loss and your home! Besides you trying for #3 our lives seem pretty similar lol. House, kids, weight loss.

shae- congratulations on graduating, getting a job, and moving into an apartment with your SO!!! That’s so exciting! Your life is changing so much in so many good ways!!

Right?! So crazy how things have changed.

I picked up my keys but haven’t worked on my room. We go back two weeks early this year, so literally I have first day two weeks from today :cry: but I’m going through a wave rn with my dad’s passing anniversary. My PT cleared me to start doing short, low impact rides. So I’m hoping that maybe getting back on the bike will help perk me up. But I just feel numb or sad, and the only thing spark of joy or energy is from when A laughs. That kid was put on this Earth to save me

Dobs :hugs:

AFM I dropped off the application fee after work today, so all that’s left to do is wait :coffee:

Dobby - Sorry you're feeling so down right. Grief can be so hard, even years later. How long has it been since he passed?

shae - Are you waiting for an official approval, but you already have the apartment, or do you not know if you'll get it yet?

AFM, we had Alex's party last Saturday. Had a pretty good turn out and the rain held off long enough for the kids to get some outside playtime.
Matthew did not have a very good weekend though. On Sunday, he tripped and hit his forehead on a concrete sidewalk. And on Monday, some bigger kid wasn't looking and ran right into him at the splash pad. Got his forehead in the same spot, as well as his cheek, chin, and thumb. Again, on concrete. Poor little monkey. :( But he's on the mend now and is in good spirits.
Haven't tested yet. I had initially said I was gonna wait til the 7th, but I'm thinking the 8th instead. I'm hoping 8/8 will be lucky for me cuz I'm born in 88 and on the 8th of a month. I've read more of posts on The Babydust Method FB page about women who got pg with a 5.5-6 day cut off, so I'm a little more hopeful now. But it'll be what it'll be. If it doesn't happen this cycle, I'm thinking I'll aim for a CD14/15 BD next time.

232077166_10158597487383095_5704168380940424122_n.jpg 231492962_10158597487423095_6020172536781909827_n.jpg Screenshot_20210805-001457_Facebook.jpg 232162418_10158598532523095_8915069027384194114_n.jpg

Pretty we don’t know if we’ll get it yet.
I’m glad Alex had a good birthday party! Sorry about poor Matthew though, poor little guy.
Fx’d for a BFP!

Pretty- poor guy! I hate when they get hurt, it always amazes me how resilient they are. I have no idea what the baby dust method is. Can you explain a little? How many dpo will you be on the 8th?

Shae- have you heard anything yet? I’m so excited for you guys!

dobs- how long does it usually take to set up your room? I can’t imagine it being easy.

AFM- so I haven’t really told people IRL but I’m having gastric sleeve surgery for weight loss on Sunday and I’m super nervous. I started this whole program back in March. I’ve had so many appointments it’s ridiculous. Classes, nutritionist, psychologist, weigh ins, nurse appointments, logging everything I eat and going over it with them it’s been a process. I started the classes and information in March but didn’t start following the diet until May and I’ve lost almost 35 pounds (double what I had to loose per the surgeon). I’m really excited and really scared but I just want to be healthy for my kids.

Green, so good to see you again! Positive thoughts for your upcoming surgery.

Shae I hope you get the place. Let us know!

Pretty I'm sorry he got hurt. The party looks great!

Dobby sorry you are going back sooner :( school has already started up here.

Sorry for quick responses. We started moving process last week. We still have a lot to go, but have accomplished a lot already. The wrong storage building was delivered yesterday. Hoping to get ours delivered today.

Shae major congrats for dropping off the app fee! Hope you get good news soon about it! Either way, what a huge step!

Pretty pirate theme turned out great! Amazing job! Looks and sounds like y'all had a great time! Sorry about the big bump on the forehead. :( That's never fun. A is always covered in bruises from running around with no fear, but something about those forehead bonks hit different. Can't believe you're just a couple days out from testing! FXed!

Green wow! Congratulations on the weight loss. I know that any surgery is scary, so try to hang in there. Definitely keep us updated and don't forget to lean on your irl circle for support while you get back on your recover. And I feel you on wanting to be healthier for your LOs. They're such motivators.

Flueks so glad you are officially moving in! Sorry about the storage issue. Hopefully gets sorted soon and not more bumps.

Re my dad. It's been 28 years, but I miss him. I just want to feel close to him. I feel him. I see him. I just dk. I want to go down to LA but I don't have the time or energy or resources.

Re my classroom. I usually have help. I'll be okay though because I have a lot of time with A in school to do it. I just am too depressed to be productive rn.

AFM not much. Been sulking. There's no future with VI. He's a man child, and I get the sense that he's the type of guy who would have a wandering eye on top of being unreliable as a father figure/husband. Gonna take a man break. Had a deep cleaning, so my mouth is so angry rn. Not a lot going on rn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"