General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae good luck with the move. Se safe with the hurricane. Sorry for low chance of pregnancy. So difficult when you want to be pregnant especially for a long time.

Dobby so sorry for all the stresses in life. I can only imagine how difficult it must be with in person class, current situation, etc. :hugs:

Pretty I'm hoping to lose weight. I have held on to my weight while breastfeeding. I think it also has had to do with my stress at our living situation before. I actually at one point gained almost all the weight back before I delivered. I managed to lose a few lbs but couldn't budge the scales much, if at all. I really want to get to a healthy weight for myself and my kids.

Glad SO started feeling better. Is he doing even better now? What about your mom?

Green, how are you doing?

AFM still working on getting things together but we have accomplished most things. We got our building that Friday evening 2 weeks back.

We are doing well, including the girls. Just busy getting things together.

Can't get xfinity internet because of distance from the nearest pole. Only downside of being 840 ft from the road. CenturyLink could only offer 1.5mbps. We are going to try Starlink by SpaceX. Hoping it works good but it's our only option other than other satellite internet providers.

It's late and I'm tired, but I wanted to respond. So, this'll probably be kinda short.

Dobby - I feel you on being wiped out after work. Hopefully you'll re-adapt quickly though. And, from what I see on IG, you're room looks great. :)

shae - Ugh, packing and moving. When I helped SO move out of his condo and then when we moved into our place from my mom's, I had the luxury of mat leave. I can't imagine working 12 hours and then having to get it all done in one day. Kudos to you.
I'll keep my FX for you for a whoopsie baby this cycle, even though it's probably a long shot. lol

Flueky - I think my mom had some lingering pain for a few days. She hasn't mentioned anything since, so I assume it's pretty much gone. She talked to DrGoogle and seems to this she had/has Pleuritis. Dunno if she's mentioned it to a real Dr though. SO is doing better too. His knee scab is almost all gone and no pain when he walks.
With Alex, I started at 200 and got to 260. Dropped to 228 a little while after birth and crept back up to 255 by the time I went back to work. With Matthew, I started at 230, got up to 275, dropped a couple dozen lbs post partum, but when I started my weight loss journey in July '20 (8 months pp), I was 272. I'm now at about 210. Don't have much of a weight goal in mind for this next time. Just gonna focus on getting enough fruits and veg, limiting sugar, and hoping I don't put on more than 45lbs again. Our bodies are weird and wonderful things. lol
Hoping you find a fast, reliable internet provider that works for you. :)

AFM SO and I DTD last night/super early this morning. That's CD13 and premom app is predicting O in CD18. So, that's probably too far away again. The Babydust Method says to only have 1 BD and don't have an orgasm. Well, I had a few and I'm probably gonna try to get one more session in on Tuesday. Basically giving me an "imperfect sway"/not following instructions. Right now, my main concern is be able to announce in October "Not a trick, not a treat, our family is growing by 2 little feet". As well as trying to have at least a 2 month gap between #3 and Alex's BDays. SO said he felt a wee bit of discomfort during the act, so I hope his junk is in working order for Tuesday.
Otherwise, just the usual tired from working and cooking and cleaning and mom-ing.

Shae wow that’s so exciting! That’s great that you found a roommate to help take some of that financial burden off. So sorry about the hurricane! I hope you can get moved in and everything without too much hassle and stay safe! And ah yes the pre-ejaculate sperm is there isn’t there debate. Sorry the chances are low this month. I know it’s difficult to wait but you’re making huge gains this year!

Flueky ugh sorry about the internet! That’s frustrating. I hope you can find a solution. Glad that you’re all doing well albeit busy busy.

Pretty you are so sweet! It was a labor of love for sure. Also, don’t trust my fake a** insta hahah. My life is a hot mess express :rofl: Ok this is a dumb question lol. But I’m assuming the not orgasming is you not SO? Hopefully his little solider is ready to go on Tuesday! Hopefully your mom is alright!

AFM still struggling to adapt to work, but the next two days are minimum days. We have a teacher on site that tested positive for covid last week, so three teachers were out for testing this week because they had lunch together (like at a restaurant, not distanced). A little nervous because one of those teachers had my students for prep on Friday, but I haven’t heard anything about my class/me being officially exposed so I’m guessing that teacher didn’t test positive. My mom has shingles. A is vaccinated, and I had the pox as a kid. But she had to isolate in her room all weekend while I was waiting to hear from the ped about what precautions we should take. I also decided that in addition to not sleeping around, I think I want to get off bcp and just track ovulation. I only realistically have random a* sex anyway once a month, so worst case if I do decide to run off and have some fun I can just make sure it’s at least a couple days after I’ve confirmed O. I’m still on the fence about a donor next year because I’m struggling so much with just A rn. But I’d like to keep my body clear of the hormones just in case.

Dobby - Ya, the not orgasming thing is for me. lol. Don't ask me about the science, but it's no skin off my teeth. I've never had one during penetrative sex, so it's not like I need to be careful or hold back.
That's a little scary about the positive teacher. If you haven't been contacted by now, you're probably in the clear. And sorry to hear about your mom. How's she feeling today? And did she not get the shingle vaccine?
The "hormones" we my excuse for not wanting to take the BCP while BFing, but I was mainly hoping for another surprise LO. lol. But ya, O tracking is probably best if your hook ups are pretty sporadic.

AFM, the boys got sent home from daycare again. *Rolls eyes* They said Alex had a cough and the sniffles, but I didn't notice it at home. Either way, he's getting tested tomorrow evening. His 4th test in like 13 months(?). Poor guy.
As of 5:30pm today, OPKs are still very negative. SO says his junk is kinda sore. Gonna cream it tonight and see how it feels tomorrow. May have to aim for a Wednesday morning hook up instead. Wish me luck. lol

Hey ladies. Quick update.

Ended up getting my peak late last night. So, that gives me a little less than a 4 day cut off. Didn't get a chance to DTD one more time, but I'm feeling hopeful. Back in the TWW. My LMP fell on my aunt's BDay and 9dpo will fall on my late grandmother's BDay, so that's when I'm aiming to test. Hoping that feminine energy will help. As always, any sticky dust, pink dust, and even twin dust is super appreciated. :)

Screenshot_20210825-080645_Premom.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the well wishes re: moving and the very slim chance of pre-ejaculate pregnancy lol.

Pretty O-4 is perfect for trying for a girl, right? Sorry to hear poor Alex got sent home and needs to be tested :(

Flueks they could only offer 1.5 mbps??? We just purchased xfinity wifi since it’s what our apartment complex has access to and they offered 400 mbps, how on earth could you get by with 1.5??? Hopefully that spacex wifi works out for you guys.

Dobs I think if you’re cutting down on the hookups then going off BC could be a viable option. Does it cause you issues when you’re on it? I know some people do terrible on it and others it really helps them.

shae - The method says a 2-3 day cut off is ideal, but 4 days probably isn't bad. Just kinda depends on how long the sperm tends to survive.
Could I get your input on something? I'm still testing til my LH number drops really low, but I seem to be having another surge after a little dip? Is that normal? Does it affect your official O time? Those last 4 entries are the same test, in the same lighting, so IDK. At this point, it'll be what it be, but just curious.

Screenshot_20210825-221131_Premom.jpg

Pretty lol that’s interesting science for sure haha. Well, the teacher who had my students was back as of yesterday. So I’m assuming that no additional exposure email and him being back means his test was negative. The other two are still out though. I’m not too worried because I just chill in my room. If I go to the staff room, we sit one person per table and the tables are several feet apart. And we only put our masks down if we’re actively eating. Mom is still in pain, but she’s raring to get back to work or see A lol. She did not get the shingles vaccine because nobody told her it was a thing. And yeah I feel that re hormone free. Like part of me wouldn’t mind an oops. That irrational crazy biological part lol. The last thing I need or want in my life is a random Tinder baby. But honestly I’m about to delete it because I haven’t found anybody who looks like they’d make for a fun play thing. May just buy myself a self care asset and move on hahaha. So sorry about the boys being home from daycare! They really aren’t messing around over there! FXed for twin girls! And that’d be really special timing with a bfp.

Re those lh tests. Shae can chime in probably better. But I would say that first surge was very short. I’d venture either it was unsuccessful OR (I’m hoping this is the case) maybe you did hyper ovulate and there’s two eggs and you get frat twins. I’d say BD tonight but I know you’re not trying to dtd so close to O

Shae the bcp is great for me because of my pcos. But I am down about 30lbs, and I was super regular when I was 115-120. I love it. I lose weight, my skin is clear, my mood is much more balanced… I got on it because I liked The Boy, and I was seeing him every 1-2 weeks. And with DTSJ it was like 2-3x a week. It was fun because I hadn’t DTD in 4 years, and for the first time in my life I was focusing on enjoying it for me not my partner. Now I’m tired of the meaninglessness. But I’m also not in the mood to date date. Two weeks a month for DTD is fine by me. I just on principle, don’t like artificial hormones if they can be avoided. Especially if I do decide to have a kid in a year or two via donor then I’d like be hormone free but also have some idea of what my cycles are gonna be.

AFM got nothing new lol. Although there was one guy from Tinder that I expected to be a booty call, but he texts like walls of text. He's very articulate. I told him I have a kid because he's been putting in so much effort, and he's not I think that's cool and doesn't bother me. So idk what his intentions are. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I just wanna be left alooooooooone. I'm not even in the mood rn lol.

So had to send a kid home because she's like, "Is it bad that I have a runny nose and cough?" Me thinking she's faking, "I literally have not heard you cough all morning." Her, "My mom said I have to cough really quietly in my mask or you'll send me home. I really don't feel well, can I please go to the nurse?" And I'm like yup I need you to GTFO RN. And they just confirmed that second teacher who hasn't come back came back positive. I'm not a close contact because even though we had a conversation at less than 6ft, it wasn't a 15 minute conversation. Can't book a test until like Wednesday though uasdgasiudgaisu

and eta kid in my teammate’s class has it. So we are at 3 cases, all in intermediate/my pod. But the district website says 4?! So must be another idk about. Which makes us second highest confirmed cases in elementary (tied if you don’t count that one staff was confirmed prior to school at the other school), fifth highest (the high schools have about 5-6 each).

Last edited:
I’ve gotten pregnant multiple times this year with the pull out method. Each time I had a chemical pregnancy. I got a positive pregnancy test two days ago, a strong one (pull out method ) and I think this will be another chemical too. I don’t know what my husband is doing lol! I know he isn’t trying to get me pregnant. That said a baby would of course be so welcome! I also don’t understand why it keeps resulting in chemical pregnancies..

Got to say i haven’t looked into any correlation between pull out and cps. I am sorry did your loses. Ttc or not, it’s not easy. I would say his technique is off if you are repeatedly getting pregnant from it. Have you gotten blood work done or talked to your doctor about it? Honestly, that many cps in general, let alone the alone of a year, is really worth bringing up. And I don’t want to knock anything I didn’t see with my own eyes, but a lot of ladies (myself included) are getting faint false lines on hpts across various brands lately. So just be careful. But I’d feel better if you talked to your doctor. Hugs hugs. Maybe ask for a serial beta given the history of cps?

Hey ladies. Sorry for this selfish post, but I did a FRER this morning and I SWEAR I see a very faint 2nd line. I don't think it's showing up in the pics, but I'm 99% sure it's there!!!

Please be my sticky little girl. FX FX FX

Screenshot_20210903-064730_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210903-063506_Gallery.jpg

I see what your talking about fxed. When are you testing again?

afm neg covid test. Work still crazy. Date tonight lol long story new guy fill you in after

Tomorrow morning, with a Walmart cheapie and an IC. I have another FRER, but I'm gonna save that for Sunday and hope that the line is darker.

Yay for your negative test. :)

Pretty I 100% see that line in the first pic! Omg so excited for tomorrow! Lots of pink vibes!!

So, I tested this morning and didn't see lines on either. I've heard that the new Easy@Home ICs aren't great at catching low HCG. Dunno about the Walmart ones, but I KNOW I saw a line on the FRER yesterday. And I've definitely been having tingly boobs. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Keeping my fxed! Worth uploading the easy at home? Sometimes we see things on bnb that are harder to see in person.

Pretty fx’d for you, did you use a frer this morning or no? If not are you going to?

No FRER this morning. Saving it for tomorrow.

Easy@Home and Walmart cheapie.

Screenshot_20210904-111750_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210904-111837_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping the line would be much darker, but at least this is definitely not a squinter. :)
And still nothing from the IC.

Screenshot_20210905-065040_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210905-065102_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210905-065318_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->