General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Oh winter forgot to say maybe get a second opinion? Play them against each other like car dealerships lol jk sorta

Fluek aww I love it! Family and food, great combo! And that’s so sweet that you remember the dates! Definitely a bittersweet feeling.

And right?! I’m usually in this range just the few days post o or before AF so I’m sure it’ll jump up to the 98.2-98.6 range. Maybe I’ll end up with a 98.1 cl lol as long as I can confirm O I’ll be happy

Winter - They've all been fairly similar and mild. I've felt a wee bit more nauseous this time around and I never had carpal tunnel this early.
I'd probably just do the blood work for now. Like you said, it seems to be a problem with egg quality.

Dobby - I did the SneakPeek last Monday night and dropped it in the mailbox on Tuesday morning. I keep looking up the tracking number on the Canada Post site, but even today they're saying there's no item with that number. But I feel like if there was an issue, they would have returned it to me by now. So, I guess I'll keep waiting.
Glad to hear A is doing alright. Runny noses are just par for the course for young kids. Luckily for us, it's not considered a Covid symptom anymore, so they're being less strict with kids that have them.

Flueky - Hope the party goes well. Sounds like it be cozy, yet fun with yummy food. And glad that you're phone's all good to go again. :)

Oh that’s annoying :(. Hopefully the tracking info comes up soon. Sorry the CT is acting up earlier than expected. And right?! Lol noses or faucets haha.

AFM hit my peak yesterday afternoon and saw a half degree temp drop today. The *excitement* phase has died down and I’m a little sore in my lower left pelvic area. So I reckon I Oed either early morning or late last night. Tests were still about 1.4 with fmu so hopefully negative when I go home. I was so excited to rest and relax only to remember I have a goal meeting with A’s ABA :cry:

Dobby - That's life, right? Hardly ever any down time between working, moming, chores, etc.

So, I had my genetic testing scan and blood work today. Baby cooperated really well. Took just under 20 mins. Measured a day behind and had a HB of 161. Also, my SneakPeek FINALLY made it to Quebec. I believe they'll be FedExing it to the testing facility very soon, so results should be coming any day now. 2nd tri tomorrow! How time flies.

255347853_10158773211543095_5506697421940601213_n.jpg

Hi little one!!! Love the scan. Glad the appointment went smoothly and congrats on officially being in tri 2! Can’t wait for the results. Are you getting vibes one way or the other?

Seriously. And today is staff meeting and conference with the preschool during prep, speech tomorrow, and report cards due Friday. At least Thursday is a holiday and A’s school is open. In other good news, opks are negative and temp bounces from 97.8 to 98.1 so I’m confident that I Oed.

Pretty so excited for you!!! I can't wait to find out :)

Dobby glad you were able to confirm O. Also, I really miss not getting true lazy days. I wouldn't trade my kids but would love to take a nap whenever I want lol

Omg pretty I thought that was gonna be the result and I nearly screamed with excitement hahaha. I can’t wait!!! Such a quick turnaround too girlie vibes girlie vibes

and Fluek exactly that!

Ah man, what a freaking bummer. Ugh, sorry you are in suspense for even longer.

Omg nooo I’m so sorry! My brother had this issue with 23 and Me. They sent him three kits and then basically said not doing this anymore. Are you going to try again?

Booooo! I thought that was going to be the result in your first picture, Pretty! I'm going to guess it is a girl... I think they have an easier time confirming boys with any of the genetic blood tests. Basically- find some Y chromosomes, and the answer is clear. Take that with a grain of salt, though as who knows?! Might have been affected by the long shipping time or something like that, too. :shrug: will you find out from the 13w genetic testing you did, anyway? Sorry! I'm sure you were super excited to get that second email, only to be let down. Blah.

Thanks for the blood test feedback, all! I guess I'll go for the blood test and likely not do anything more. My regular OB and the fertility Dr both said trisomy issues usually come from the mother, so i don't want to push my OH to do the sperm analysis. He can be kind of a diva, so will save the opportunity to push him to do something for another time! Fingers crossed my body is regulating itself, and we will have a healthy baby to take home next time. My OB was just like "try again", so she was the original opinion, and the fertility dr is the second one. :winkwink: might as well do the blood test and call that a compromise. Side note: I feel like fertility doctors have a bit of a God complex. It must be weird to create new lives like that. He was very non-chalant about it all: "you want a girl? We give you a girl. You want a boy? I make you a boy!"

Fleuky- excellent news that the palpitations have gone away hope it stays that way! I remember weird dates and life events too. I also remember birthdays for forever sometimes. Still remember the birthdays of my high school friends who I fell out of touch with at least a decade ago.

Dobby- Yay for ovulating and fingers crossed for a regular cycle. I feel like the COQ10 has helped me be more "normal". But who knows... could also be that the m/c knocked my hormones back into something more "normal". Hope your work week isn't too full on. Thanksgiving and Christmas break are coming up, at least!!

Been thinking of you, Shae and hope you're doing well. What has having Covid been like? I hope you're both doing well.

Dobby - Ya, I'm gonna try again. A retest kit is already on the way and supposed to get here tomorrow. So, I'll be extra careful this time and send it back right away.

Winter - My top 2 guesses for what the issue was are either I barely didn't collect enough blood, or the fact that I had the test kicking around for like 6 months before I used it may have affected whatever solution they put in the collection vial to keep the blood fresh. Either way, just gonna make sure I fill it up a little more and hope for actual results this time. And no, the genetic testing is only looking for chromosome issues, not gender. That test is like $500 and only covered by our province's health insurance if the first round for testing says there's a high likelihood of a genetic issue.
Keeping my FX that your next bean will be good and sticky. :)

Thinking about you too, shae.

So, ya, I'll be retesting and hoping things go better this time. Also, finally told my boss, so know everyone knows and that's a bit of a weight off my shoulders. Otherwise, just business as usual over here. Hope the time change last weekend didn't mess up everyone's schedules too much.

Shae also thinking of you!

Winter lol at hubby being a diva. I feel that though. Hopefully the blood work gives you the info you’re looking for. So tough in these situations because you want answers as they often have solutions, but then answers usually mean something isn’t as it should be. I’m glad that you’re more regular now as well!

Pretty good plan! Hopefully the shipping moves quickly. And it’s same here for that super screener blood work. I couldn’t get it through my provider if I offered to pay fir it. Have to find a private gyn to do it.

AFM have today off! Like thank you for your service but also thank you for this holiday :rofl: A’s preschool is open. Gonna relax half the day and clean the other. I have a half day next Friday leading into the full week off for Thanksgiving. A’s school is open M-W. Really looking forward to relaxing. Just bummed the theaters don’t have matinees anymore. 3dpo and officially got crosshairs. Much higher than usual lol

5EBE77DE-FE9F-4B68-97B1-E2B418DC2A87.jpeg CB357735-7ADA-4A66-9C16-6293999FA6E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I just opened my SP retest kit and guess what... There's No FUCKING Collection Tube. So, now I'm gonna have to wait for another kit that probably won't be here til next week. I am so fucking over this. This damn kid better not be this much trouble once it's here.

Omg Pretty that’s crazy! Honestly, I’d tell them to refund you and just grab one from a store instead of waiting. But I’m impatient af LOL. We have the peekaboo available at some of our pharmacy type stores. I know sneak peek seems to be more prevalent online though

Hi everyone, sorry I was MIA for a week. I forgot to reload the page to keep getting emails for new posts. I’m totally fine, so is SO. I can’t smell very well though lol. It’s decreased my enjoyment of food a good bit but otherwise, whatever.

Pretty uggggh that’s so frustrating, I’m so mad for you :cry:

Oh yay! I was starting to get worried. :(. That’s such a bummer about food. My coworker had it, and she said food still doesn’t quite hit right. Hopefully your sense of smell comes back sooner.

Dobby - I don't think I've ever seen gender tests in store here.

So, it's now been 2 full business days and SP hasn't responded to my latest email. Gonna give it til the end of my work day and contact them again. Really hoping that I'll look back on all of this and just laugh if I get a girl result, but we'll see. -.-
In other news, Matthew got sent home from daycare yesterday for being lethargic with a runny nose. Runny noses are no longer considered a Covid symptom here, so he got sent home for being tired? Got him tested last night (his FOURTH time) and it already came negative. So, I'm gonna a give them a bit of shit tomorrow.
Otherwise, everything's good. Uterus is getting fuller and bigger and I'm seriously counting down the weeks til mat leave. VERY much considering doing 18 months this time.

"Bump" at 13w4d. Not really a bump though. Just fat and post breakfast. lol

Screenshot_20211116-105428_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->