General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Loooove it! I see bump. Do the 18! Do it on behalf of us moms in America who can’t lol. That’s so annoying about SP but yes will one day make for a look back and laugh story. Pinky vibes all day Kk gotta go conference week

Hi shae! Glad to hear from you ❤️ how have things been? What are your symptoms like? Sorry about the loss of smell. I can imagine that's odd to get used to. I thought that does usually pass but might take a while? Glad that it sounds like you're doing well!

Pretty- you look cute! And that's definitely a legit bump. :) I can't believe how fast it seems like this is all going by! If you think this is likely your last baby, I'd take as much leave as I could get. And I'd be raging about Matthew getting sent home for such a minor thing, too. COVID tests for kids are really full on :(

Hope you guys are well too, Dobby and Flueky!

I had my blood test draw today- y'all, they took (not exaggerating) 20 vials of blood. It was all more full on than I had expected, and now I'm also worried that I'm going to get some huge bill. Glad to have done it, though. I feel as if I've done something with this time between everything that's happened and trying again.

Story of the day: kid in neighbor's class got COVID and the mother absolutely lost her sh*t. Emailed everyone in the class accusing them of all sorts of things, and made a scene at the school apparently. Just all so over the top. Kid also does all kinds of after school activities and what not, so you'll never know where it came from. I just can't believe how "normal" people have gone absolutely mad. Fear makes people crazy :(

Pretty I see a bump :) also wow I can't believe it didn't have a collection tube and you haven't received a response. I hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Shae glad you are okay. I hope things get back to normal sooner than later.

Dobby hope conference week goes well.

Winter I hope the cost of the labs aren't expensive. Even more so I hope you get some answers and the answer will help you conceived quickly.

AFM E turned 1 y.o. last week. She had her shots on Friday and her party Saturday. I'm thinking she picked up a cold from the Dr office as her nose became runny on Sunday morning. Then S's nose was runny Monday morning and V's Monday evening. All have had low grade fevers too. I seem to have caught it as well. So far DH hasn't caught it.

The party went well but was so exhausted afterwards. I also forgot to hand out the party favor bags. I really hope that no one catches the cold the girls have but the party was before any symptoms so maybe.

Conference week was going great. I’ve been loving my A, my life, thinking how great it is to have just one amazing child I can focus all my energy on then I woke up looking bloated AF.... ........ .....................

C85672E1-98EC-40E9-BB59-A10C0BDF9A01.jpeg

Last edited:
I think so. I just couldn’t stop staring at my stomach this morning because I never wake up bloated. Like honestly checking out my stomach is one of my favorite parts of the morning :rofl: and I haven’t felt well but I thought it was just conference stress plus like I cancelled my bd plans! I was good! I thought I confirmed O and wasn’t even in the TWW. And my opks were negative cuz I track them now through my lp. I had a margarita last night too and my dumba** was like I’m just bloated from the jack Daniels :rofl:

Like I almost posted on Premom a joke about how my stomach didn’t get the memo I wasn’t pregnant but then I took a frer and had a sketchy line so I picked up more tests on the way home.

I know I remembered you had said you had canceled your plans with the guy around O. I'm so excited for your next test

CB digital was neg so I ripped it apart :rofl: get out of here with your negativity

I only had sex the one day. My opks were back to negative, my temp didn’t rise but I was sore like I had ovulated. I wasn’t super horny anymore, so when dude asked to cash his rain check I had already dropped the $75 to wax so I wanted to put my goods to use. And I figured if I was already sore from popping an egg, if I wasn’t having sex for another 12+ hours then the egg should have been kaput. But I guess not because I got even more tests. The teenager who checked me out was like.... that’s a lot of tests. What happens if half say yes and half say no? And I’m like dear child then I’m 50% pregnant (which he thought was hilarious), but then says I already know what they’re gonna say LOL I just want to see it ten times

00F41042-D1F8-4DFB-8E00-A29EE85C0DA6.jpeg DBE4935D-7FD1-422F-9362-1EBFD01D1962.jpeg D0C9B16D-1D9F-43C2-9B63-29F99D058893.jpeg

:shock::shock::shock:!! OMG- congratulations! Hard to deny a +YES on the digital.

Wild. I've learnt so much about how complicated this all is.... and then this happens :rofl: I guess that they weren't lying in sex ed when they said it only takes once and happens easily!!

How are you feeling?

Depends on the moment. One moment, I have no idea what the h* I'm going to do. I literally just talked to my mom about the idea of tying my tubes. I know I talk about it a lot and it's obviously stupid, but like I've just felt so complete with A and he requires so much. My mom told me I was stupid and going to have another kid so I guess joke's on her

I get it, it's all life changing and complicated stuff! Well, I for one am super excited. \\:D/ these things have a way of working out as they should, and maybe this baby was just meant to be. :)

Alright, I am done freaking the f* out now lol.

Pretty, I second Winter. Thanks so stupid. Did you have a chance to talk to them? I hope they had something other than sorry to say about it.

Winter holy damn that’s a lot of blood. How are you feeling? I know we have a lot of blood, but 20 vials seems a bit much. Hopefully no ill side effects. And hope that you’re pleasantly surprised and the bill ends up being less than you think or comes with a manageable payment plan option. Did they say how long the results will be? Daaaaaaaaaaaang about the mom. That’s crazy! I hope admin steps in and handles that. YIKES. We just got a confirmed case on campus, so now I’m extra anxious to get this week’s test back.

Fluek that’s a bummer about the cold. :( Hope everyone is on the mend soon, and fixed DH escapes it. You know, colds are a part of life. I wouldn’t worry about it. And nw about the favors. I’m sure that everyone had such a great time and didn’t even give it a second thought.

Shae btw how much longer do you have to stay home?

AFM LOL I mean what do I say about my life now? :rofl: Fighting with the SPED team as they’re out of compliance with A’s evaluation. Conferences are going well. Actually lucked out that I didn’t book any this afternoon because we usually have speech, but she ended up being out this week. Hence the time to go buy a thousand tests. Have 8 more tomorrow then one on Friday morning. A yard duty at my school had to resign because one of my students claimed she was targeting her due to her race. There’s a whole thing, but I can’t really say more online even though we’re all anon here. Um yeah. That’s about it. So excited to be off work at 1:20, gonna see my bff. We had a happy hour planned! If I’m still testing positive and line progression looks good, I’m gonna just tell her. I want to do a riff on her guessing that I was pregnant with A. It was the first time we hung out outside of work, and she basically called my bluff on being pregnant. So I was thinking of ordering something nonalcoholic and giving the same lame excuse I gave last time then whipping out a test. I told one friend because she never sees my lines, and I needed to tell someone irl who won’t spill the beans to anybody in my fam or work. I’m not telling fam for a while. It won’t go over well, and since this is likely it for me I want to just enjoy it for a bit.

Dobby - Wow, congrats! :) We get to be preggers again together. lol. Based on a quick Google, it seems like your EDD is currently August 1st(?) 5 years and 1 day after A's EDD. Are you excited for them to have potentially close BDays? And which guy is the father?

Winter - Ya, 20 vials sounds like a lot. But if they can give you some answers that'll help you have a sticky bean next time, I guess it's all worth it. And that school Karen sounds crazy. :/

Flueky - Glad to hear the party went well. Sorry that all you ladies are now under the weather though. The day after Matthew got sent home, SO woke up sounding terrible. Deep, raspy voice, coughing, and sneezing. Luckily I'd picked up some Buckley's cold and flu pills a while ago, so he was all set. Matthew's on the mend from his runny nose and Alex and me seem to be safe, so far. Tis the season. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Not much to report over here. Kept Matthew home for another day cuz he had a bit of a cough. Still waiting to hear from SP. And I've been passing out on the couch most nights, like, after the kids are already asleep. Then I'll usually wake up, prep lunches, load the dishwasher, and back to bed. Funny thing is my carpal tunnel isn't as bad on the couch. I can imagine that as I progress, I may just end up sleeping on the couch til I deliver, but we'll see. lol

Oh wow, poor SO! It really is the season. Hope everyone feels 100 soon. I’m glad you found something that is helping with the CT. Is the couch at least comfy in general?

Thanks! Technically A’s original due date was 8/1 as well. I just changed it to 7/31 because 8/1 is the anniversary of my dad’s passing, so when one scan came back a day behind I was all over it. This time, I’m not as bothered. Probably because I expect/hope to go early again. I actually really like the idea now of us all having July birthdays. I just obviously hope it doesn’t land on or immediately next to one of ours. I’m hoping I can oneself just stay home until after the Thanksgiving break :rofl: skip conferences and report cards but I’ll have to see what’s feasible with my sick pay

It’s The Boy’s. To which my friend said, “Oh, thank God!” Which is better for a lot of reasons but the shallow in me would have loved the genes from VI :rofl: I told him, he’s in shock. But he was very polite about it and thanked me for telling him/reassured me it was the right thing to tell me and he appreciates having time to process the information. I’m not pushing though. Realized you can’t make fathers out of people who don’t want to be fathers.

LH ratios are still fairly low, so not sure when that whole thing kicks in. But I’m happy with that frer progression over one day. CB I have to remind myself that it hasn’t been a day even between the tests and it’s at least a little darker. Dollar tree and Wondfo were lighter as well, but I know I test darker in the evenings than fmu.

FEFDEC09-EDC7-4F2A-8351-3F7B2D134D52.jpeg 67F36EF4-193F-4003-8BDD-0E6FE112D8DD.jpeg

Dobby holy progression girl. The CB digital is a bit hit or miss on early detection. I bet if not tomorrow definitely Saturday it'll be positive! Also I conceived E having sex day after O so it does happen lol I mean you obviously know it does :) I am very excited for you and hope it goes well telling your BFF and eventually family.

Thanks everyone! Girls are mostly better and I'm so so. Fever has been below 100 but still hanging out.

****trigger warning: fear on effects of vaccine mandate****On another note, I'm honestly scared about CMS vaccine mandate for Healthcare workers. Of the 15000 employers within our system, 1/3 are unvaccinnated. I'm scared what is going to happen to patient care with already experiencing a nursing shortage. I am pro vaccine but this mandate is a bunch a BS. It is someone's right to choose. I am vaccinated but that was my choice. I am afraid that many people will die because of undertsaffing, facilities closed in rural areas because there aren't enough staff to function.

I am also wondering if I will be relocated to do bedside nursing. Time will tell. I am really happy with my current position and the flexibility it provides but am uncertain of my future. Will just have to accept whatever happens.

Okay enough doom and gloom. On another note, I've bee considering being a gestational surrogate. After being a part of this community and seeing others struggle, I would love to help someone achieve their dream, help my family achieve some projects sooner, and experience pregnancy again but not having a newborn. I have to speak to DH about it and I'm unsure if he'd be willing to agree to me being one. However just wanting to wait until I find out more about work before broaching the topic with him.

Hopefully your family surprises you and is happy about this, Dobby! What is the backstory with the baby's Dad? How did you meet/what's his story etc? Sorry if I missed it. I think it sounds like you have a good mindset about all of it. Hopefully he turns out to be supportive and wanting to be involved. And i agree with the idea of keeping it to yourself for a little while- Have some fun enjoying the glow and excitement.

I thought that OSHA had said that they wouldn't be enforcing the mandate, Flueky? I agree with you 100%... It is real wrong to mandate this vaccine. I feel this way because the vaccine isn't preventing transmission, and the manufacturer has a liability shield. I'm fine with the liability shield if it is up to you whether or not to take it- deeply against forcing people and then not allowing any recourse if they are injured by it. I also think that there is a pretty wide range of risk vs reward: The vaccine is a no brainer for some, but it should not have been mandated for young people. And I'm really worried it is going to be mandated for kids for school etc. I may decide to get my LO vaccinated at some future date, but currently have zero interest in taking on any vaccine risk for a few months protection against infection. I really feel for you, because this is a real kick in the teeth for healthcare workers (and all frontline workers too): yesterday's heroes, but not so much today apparently. Not fair to disregard natural immunity, not fair to fire the people worked high risk jobs when there was no vaccine, not fair for people like you who will be pushed to pick up the slack. I don't understand why there's not more of a push to purchase and distribute the Pfizer, Merck, monoclonal treatments etc. Having those freely available would really change everything. Anyway... I'm sorry that you're dealing with the stress of it all- hopefully the worst case scenario won't come into effect, and you'll get to stay in your current role.

The surrogate idea is huge! Did you enjoy being pregnant? That's an incredible thing to even consider doing for someone else. I guess there's no harm in talking to your DH and finding out some more info. It's my understanding that the hormones etc are no joke. When the fertility Dr was so nonchalant about ivf the other day, I was thinking about how intense the reality probably is. I think it is pretty incredible for you to even think about doing that. ❤️

Hope your Matthew is on the mend now, Pretty! I'd totally camp out in the couch if you feel better doing that. I wonder what the difference is. Hope the household cold passes soon and you stay healthy.

No news here... Although I got an email from a genetics lab. The Dr had laid out what the blood tests were (lupus, diabetes, hormone levels etc) but didn't discuss any genetics testing specifically. Apparently I did a whole carrier screen for a tonne of different conditions. I suppose in some ways it is good to know, but I'd opted out of "carrier" screening when I was pregnant with my LO. I kinda think some things are better not to know. But what's done is done at this point.

Shae- still thinking of you, and hope you're more or less done with recovery now. Did any of your extended family end up testing positive? When will you go back to work? Did you get any treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->