General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pretty I can’t believe you’re only just now getting the new test uggggh, that’s awful. Fingers crossed for a girl!

AFM
Temp is back up to where it was today, but I’m not sure if I trust it because I woke up at 2-3 am and took my temp then not realizing what time it was, I didn’t bother taking my temp again at 5 am when my alarm went off because I figured it hadn’t been long enough asleep. I have been having a good amount of insomnia since I ovulated, either I have trouble falling asleep or I wake up in the middle of the night.

Yesterday I bought an artificial Christmas tree and set it up in the apartment! I’m very excited about it. SO doesn’t love it because it’s fake but he did admit it looks nicer than he was expecting, so I’ll take that as a win.

I don't get people who only get real trees. It's a pain to buy and transport and maintain. Plus expensive cuz you have to buy it new every year. My parents first fake tree lasted close to 3 decades. I've only ever had fake ones and they are convenient af!

Last edited:
Shae I’m sorry. I know it’s not exactly a bfn on a pregnancy test, but it still is a dash to your hopes. I’m still FXed for you. Definitely intriguing chart. And I hope it’s not weird! I think my family is weird that we’re so dramatic. It’s toxic and annoying. It’s nice that you have family friends nearby to get the gathering feel and community that Thanksgiving is about. Friends are the family you choose, and exactly not everybody lives close by. Glad whatever transpired with you mom’s aunt is cleared up, and yummy WA pears! Does he have his own tree(s) or store-bought? Either way, pears be delicious. Re the package, it was hilarious lol. I’m oddly not stressed rn. My anxiety flares up, but I can quickly talk myself down. I feel very at peace. Which is weird because I should be freaking the eff out lol. No u/s scheduled yet. They’ll schedule it after my phone appointment. No cramping or bleeding either so neither gyn nor myself feels a push to come in early. Artificial trees can be deeply satisfying for sure. If you’re cool with it, would love to see a pic once it’s fully decorated.

Winter ooo that’s so awesome! I love that! I agree, hope it turns into some really special memories. I have a lot of students in my class every year that get so hype about their LEGO sets. Warms my heart. I mean.. boy clothes are aight. LOL but I’m also very frat boy her’s your graphic tee and shorts and backwards hat with sunglasses. When you’re old enough, I’ll teach you how to fish and you’re set for life. :rofl: We don’t really talk, but when we do it’s always respectful and civil. Such a breath of fresh air. As far as symptoms, I’m alright. Can’t sleep for s*. I wake up with mild nausea or to pee around 2-3. Can’t always get back to sleep. My lower backs acting up/ feeling weak, so I may reach out to my PT. You know. The one I almost hit on LOL. So awkward. I do have a low grade migraine most days all day. So far nothing that’s too bothersome. The bloat is real. I’m 4 weeks 5 aays today :)

Flueky haha I was going to say the same! You remember so much! I only know what i jotted down in my charts hahah so I feel better now. ;) I think my mom was trying to bait me into saying it, but then she was out all day with said cousin and didn’t have time to badger me. They’re not going to pop off until I actually say something though. But a pop off is 100% guaranteed. That’s how my fam communicates. So I want to tell my one sane bro first so he can get A out of the house or I’ll just text people when I leave and then put my phone on do no disturb HAHAHA. Like I feel bad but also I tried to do something cute with my bff and she was just an ass. To this day she hasn’t even acknowledged what I did to make announcing to her special. So I’m over everyone. Hopefully you don’t have to go in. Sorry the fever is still hanging around! That’s nuts. I’m so glad the mandate is hitting a bit softer than you expected. FXed!

Pretty omg I so know that feeling about coming back to long posts later but then there’s just more haha. I sent her a DM because I don’t have her number, but she’s never on social. I was going to tell her today at our mutual friend’s bday, but she’s out of town. So options are have the friend give her my # or just tell her or wait until the Christmas party. Just hard because I don’t stay for the actual party LOL I leave when the masses show. Are you hoping that you’ll still be carrying or that you’ll go early enough to go to the concert? Worst case, gift or sell the tickets? And yay for appointment on Monday! Keep us updated. Hope the sneak peek works out this time! When is your next scan? I remember getting a private gender ultrasound around 15-16 weeks with A. So there’s always that option.

I love real trees. It was so fun going to the farm to pick it out or the parking lot lot LMFAO. I love the way they smell and how it makes the whole room smell like Christmas. My friends full on go to farms where you chop it yourself. That’s too much for me. I have an artificial tree because now that I’m the parent FTS. We had real trees growing up until the boys stopped believing in Santa. Then my parents finally said thank goodness and switched to plastic hahaha. I wouldn’t mind a small table top real tree. But I don’t trust Aiden. Or the dogs. And I don’t vacuum enough as is lol.

AFM not much. Same old. Don't wanna go to work on Monday lol. I did order more wondfo hpts because $10 and I haven't gotten a dye stealer yet. Plus I find it fun running them through as opks for a ratio. Down to my last frer and cb, and it's a dye stealer but not the dramatic keepsake I was looking for so depending on how fmu looks I may or may not cave there as well. But this is why like yes I complain about being broke but I also spend money on stupid things like hpts an Starbucks. Or I'll buy A an english muffin with cheese from McD's knowing he refuses to eat the muffin just eats the cheese but he won't eat the cheese without the muffin, plus can you imagine rolling up and being like... I just want two slices of cheese LOL. Or a $3 croissant from Starbucks that he'll just lick and maybe take two bites out of. So when I reach a point where I have to cut out my frivolous spending, I'll be worried hahaha

Shae definitely understand not wanting to get your hopes up.

I've actually never had a real tree and never plan to. We are waiting another year to out up our big tree. Erika is too strong, clever, and resourceful to worry about a big tree. We put up one in V's bedroom and one one the top of our kitchen island. They are 3 ft and 4ft respectively. My mom also got E a felt "tree" to put felt ornaments on to decorate the "tree".

Pretty good to hear from you. Yay for an appt Monday! Also, I feel like your pregnancy is flying by! Oh that is interesting about the concert.....so tough. If you decide to buy tickets, I do hope that you don't go in labor then. Also, hope the sneak peak arrives today. FX girly vibes!

Dobby oh man the migraines were the worst. Caffeine and a little Tylenol is what helped me some. I think mine usually disappeared after 20ish weeks. Oh and hoping for a girl baby for you too :)

AFM, I think there is about 2300 uncertain status regarding vaccination mandate and around 30 have resigned or are resigning. They are approving many exemptions though which is good to prevent a catastrophic shortage.

I decided to audit some charts but no calls about needing help seeing patients, I think I'm safe this weekend. Fever still here but lower than it has been. I hope everyone has a great weekend

Dobs my uncle definitely doesn’t grow the pears lol, that would be super cool though. For some reason I thought it had been longer and you were more like 5-6 weeks at this point, oops. When is your phone appointment? I’m totally symptom spotting like “wait I’m having insomnia/frequent waking, that’s a symptom, Dobs has insomnia” but like also my cervix is the same as usual and my CM isn’t terribly plentiful, not nonexistent and not nearly as thick/pasty as it tends to get before AF but still, there’s not much there. I get frequent migraines in general so I feel your pain. I’m scared for migraines in pregnancy, mine respond well to NSAIDs only and you can’t take those of course. I’d take Tylenol, but there are several studies showing it’s not actually safe in pregnancy (can cause neurological issues, linked to significant increase in risk for autism and ADHD) and for some reason they’re still recommending it to pregnant women? So basically I can use the 200 mg of caffeine max, which only helps me if the migraine is caused by caffeine withdrawal. Anyway, I ramble. Sure, I’ll share tree pics when I finally finish decorating it, who knows how long that’ll take though :rofl:

Flueks glad to hear it doesn’t look like there will be a catastrophic shortage of nurses. Most of our nurses are vaccinated now, the ones who aren’t are generally either pregnant or have allergies.

Pretty I agree, artificial trees are much more convenient and save money. My only complaints are that you have to find somewhere to store it, and you have to spend some time fluffing out the branches so it looks full and you can’t see the pole. It took me a good hour or two with this tree. It looks much nicer than the fake tree I grew up with, that one wasn’t nearly as full.

AFM crazy day at work today and I don’t want to talk to humans irl at the moment, I’m peopled out. I basically told my SO to shut up and leave me alone but in a much much nicer way lol.

I’ve made it through 8dpo without testing, pretty proud of myself lol. I was planning on waiting for 10dpo but I’m considering testing tomorrow at 9dpo. At the same time, on the off chance it’s positive, that means I have to go to work knowing I’m pregnant and not tell anyone for 13 hours of social interaction because I have to wait to set up the little gift box to tell SO. I have everything I need except an actual gift box to put the items in. I got a pregnancy book for dads and a onesie that matches his hobbies, and then I figured I’d put in the test of course. Trying to remember if I got anything else, I hope I’m not forgetting something lol. Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself. I just wanted to have the surprise stuff in advance so I’m not stuck waiting a few days to tell him because of shipping lol. If I get to use it in the next few days, that’s awesome! If not, I’m prepared for when the time comes.

Shae, I saw that about Tylenol. I believe that came out after I had S. If it makes you feel better no issues with my girls. I did always try to limit medications in pregnancy though. When I was pregnant with V, I could always try a washcloth on my head and lie down in quiet and dark room. With subsequent pregnancies, having that ability is a blessing and not as often.

Yeah it is big news to have to keep quiet about until after work. I tested on a day DH and I was off for V and E. With E though I wasn't sure about telling him because it was faint and unplanned, but caved cause I couldn't keep it from him. He was at work when I tested with S so I met him later on his lunch break, it was my favorite announcement to him :) well FX for a bfp tomorrow.

Fluek hope the weekend is still going well/ your fever is down even more/ you didn’t get any home calls. And hahah I feel you. It’ll be nice to have the big tree up, but yay 3ft and 4ft! Omg. I bet the girls look so cute next to it. And yes! My mom has all glass ornaments and some are one of kind, so I’m always scared at her house. But I buy all the felty ones that you can’t break for our house. Flueky, I swear you have the best stories haha. Love that you met him for lunch.

Yeah not loving the headache, but thankfully it’s nowhere near how bad it was with the vanishing twin. Tylenol hasn’t helped but a bit of caffeine has.

Oh wow. Hopefully that 2.3k can get exemptions quickly or vaxxed. Do you think that anybody who was going to resign has basically resigned at this point?

Pretty was thinking about you all day yesterday. Hopefully the kit showed up and is already pricked and packed and shipped back?

Shae yay excited to see the tree! Feel you on the when it’s decorated lol. Sorry about the headaches. FXed you don’t get bad ones when you are pregnant. I had read that somewhere as well about the tylenol. I second Fluek that I generally try not to take meds, but I know I DEFINITELY took Tylenol with A. And let’s get real, I’m a little add and socially inept so I doubt he got that from the tylenol and more from his parents/genetics lol. Lesser of two risks maybe? Idk. Sorry about the social burnout from work! I’m sure SO understands. Love that you have everything ready to go. I’m always lurking in other people’s business hahaha so I never understand how people have the patience to not say anything while their supplies ship. Yay for making it to 9dpo without testing! Impressive! Did you end up testing this morning or nah?

AFM med school bro goes back to med school today and law school bro left last night. Curious to see how A handles that. Also stressed about rooms getting quarantined at daycare after the holiday. Last year, people were testing positive before Monday-Tuesday, so we didn't end up needing to shut down. Hopefully people are good about it this year again. A's old room has quarantined twice already this school year.

Didn’t test this morning. Temp dropped back down and I had night sweats. Classic AF symptom for me. My temp normally gets up to 98 during post-O period and it hasn’t, it’s very weird. I wonder if my progesterone isn’t doing too hot this cycle. Idk.

Shae, sorry about the temp drop. I started AF today, a few days earlier than I had expected. I suppose it's from still regulating while breastfeeding and possibly from being ill

Dobby, hoping no quarantine needed from daycare.

I have a really low fever today and initially no fever upon waking. No calls from work, so all good. As for the unvaxed at work, not really sure what plans are. I know HR advised leadership to have respectful conversations with people that hadn't been vaccinated or applied for exemption. Shaming people for their choice is definitely not the way to encourage vaccination. If someone tries to shame me, it really just gets me to avoid them and refuse to listen to them.

AFM started cramping and AF arrived shortly after. Only an 11 day LP this time. Last cycle was 13 I believe.

I just have to get through this week and then I'll be off until the 9th. No big plans will probably go to a local amusement park have the girls see the Christmas lights. It shouldn't be very busy as it'll be week nights. Maybe go to our local zoo.

Oh I bought some clothes for myself that wasn't maternity or nursing clothes lol. DH gave me an early birthday present, a Maurice's gift card. Have always loved their clothes. It felt so good to buy some nice clothes for myself. I ended up ordering a new bra from VS. I really need a new nursing bra but want something with a little support. My motherhood burning bras are worn out! Plus, I have lost some and even though the scales don't reflect a lot, I'm noticing changes in my body (losing fat/gaining muscle).

Shae so sorry about the night sweats and temp drop. Have you done any progesterone testing before? Or is this just musing out loud. I know you’re younger, so I feel like doctors probably aren’t out their testing all your hormones.

Flueky, oh wow. That’s odd about the earlier af. Glad HR I’d promoting respect. Hopefully no major incidences. And yay! How long are you off for? Oooo so awesome to get to go shopping for you! Definitely fun. Love it! Good call on the gift card, Hubs!

Flueks sorry about early AF :( going to see Christmas lights sounds lovely. And nice re: the new clothes! I’m bad at clothes shopping, half the time I buy something I never wear again, though usually the issue is shopping online, if I can try it on first it’s less likely to be bought and never worn. I bought a bunch of clothes from Shein this summer and the majority of them never got worn because when I first tried them on they mostly seemed fine but then I was like oh yikes this is way more revealing/short than I’m comfortable with, so they never got worn.

Dobs I have not done progesterone testing. I’m not terribly concerned about my progesterone in general, I usually get a decent temp rise.

AFM now I have no clue what’s going on, my temp just spiked up to 98. I did end up testing last night, BFN.

Shae makes sense. You do always have clear shifts. Sorry about the bfns but you know how the saying goes. Not out until the witch shows. Hope the temp stays up

Afm putting out fires all day with this class. Trying to stay zen but I swear if my kid ends up with an anxiety disorder like mine from them stressing me out with their bs ughhhh

Dobs are they just misbehaving or is it like they’re having lots of home issues and stuff? Not too much you can do to avoid your kids getting anxiety, my mom hid her anxiety from us very well, my dad not so much, he’s quite paranoid (but not like in a schizophrenic way or thinking everyone’s out to get him), both my sister and I are pretty anxious people, my sister being far worse than me. However, I am a fully functioning adult with my own apartment, a bachelors degree, a good job, and an almost decade long relationship. So clearly my anxiety has not prevented me from success in life. It made it harder, but I still got here, and in no less time than if I hadn’t had it.

Here is the Christmas tree pic as requested:
9DD21C8B-B649-4FBC-92F2-0CCAE0537445.jpeg

Dobby - I'm hoping to still be pg when the concert rolls around. Considering my labour with Alex started 3 days before my EDD, I'm hoping that the baby will at least wait that long. Sorry you're already dealing with some mild pregnancy symptoms. When were you planning on telling your family? Once you get that dye stealer or closer to 2nd tri? And FX the kids are better behaved for the rest of the week.

Flueky - Aww, that's so nice to treat yourself to some new clothes. :) I'm in desperate need of a bra that isn't a sports bra, but I haven't had a proper fitting in years. But I also pretty much only leave the house for work and grocery shopping, so it's not like have any place to wear a proper bra. lol. And congrats on the toning up.

shae - Sorry about the BFN. Keeping my FX for you today. And your tree looks really nice. :)

AFM, MW appt went well. I'm with the same team of 2 as last time. The MW that I saw today said her and her partner were so happy to see my name again and were hoping I'd go for another home birth since the last one went so well. lol. Got my req for my anatomy scan and immediately used an app to book the appt. So, I'm getting that done on Wed. Dec 22. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me gender and I'll announce on either XMas or New Years. Also got my Avril ticket. So, everyone keep your FX that this bean stays sticky til then. And finally, Matthew got sent home again with a fever and the cough he's had since the last time he was sent home. Already got him tested, so we're just waiting on results. The testing centre we go to is at an old, really small garage that I guess used to house a couple ambulances waiting to be dispatched. So, it's literally a drive thru test centre. And we've been so frequently that as soon as SO rolls down the window, Matthew already starts welling up and crying. I was ready for a couple cookies for as soon as he was done though. Can't wait til this is all over. -.-

Edit - Oh, and the SP did show up. It's already done and making it's way to the testing facility. FX for actual results this time.

Last edited:
Temp is continuing to zig zag, though not out of normal post-O range this time. 11dpo and BFN this morning :( feeling nauseous this morning but I get PMS nausea. I woke up at 3 am once again, I think I’ve slept through the night once in the past week. I even took melatonin last night thinking it was because I ran out of the melatonin gummies a bit ago, but nope. It could just be that I haven’t been great about not having caffeine in the afternoon, I often go out and get coffee between 12-3 pm on my days off, I did that yesterday. But I was doing that for a good few days at least before the insomnia started. Idk.

Pretty fx’d that the results are back soon and that you get your little girl!

Shae OMG I love your tree!!! You did a great job fluffing it! Love, love, LOVE!

It’s just drama. The secretary joked ay lunch, “So what’s today’s drama?” And I was like, “Oh, actually pretty quiet day. Just the one kid who wrote n***** on the gratitude poster.” They’re just forgotten how to exist in society. The words that come out of their mouths are ridiculous. It’s like I’m working back in the not so great neighborhoods of San Jose again. This is so not the community I’m used to. The pandemic changed them. Not in a good way.

Yeah I just hate dealing with it myself so I don’t want them to deal with it. I don’t worry about A. He seems ok. But I know my therapist said the most likely cause of my anxiety was prolonged exposure to high levels of cortisol during my mom’s pregnancy. I’m trying hard to not let the stuff at work bother me but yeah. It’s a constant battle all day every day.

Sorry about the bfn today and the temps jumping around. :(

Pretty fxed that bean stays sticky so you can go to the concert! So glad that you know your MW team. That makes it so much better. I can’t believe it’s almost time for your anatomy scan! Hopefully bean cooperates so you can confirm the sex before you announce. Double fxed for team pink! I’m sorry Matthew was sent home again. :( It’s so hard rn. I had a student sent home sick today as well. That time of year but then ugh gotta deal with ruling out covid. Glad the SP came!

12dpo, temp zig zagged back up but BFN, so pretty sure it’s not happening this month.

Shae I’m sorry :(. Is your temp usually high on 12dpo? I can’t recall

Pretty we’ll be scan buddies. Just booked my prenatal for the 22nd. Hoping to move it to the 23rd but idk if I have to go to work or not

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    An1583
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->