General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I'. Going to be the odd man out but i'm not a fan of big bang. Granted, i've only seen an episode...but i couldn't get past the obviously scripted lines, bad jokes, and the laugh track. F.R.I.E.N.D.S., on the other hand....:thumbup:

Dobs, glad you two had something of a breakthrough. That's fair that he's worried about passing on his issues. I empathize...however in retrospect i really think my issues were situationally induced. I have depression in my family, however when i look at all the people who suffered from it, they all have f'ed up childhoods. My thought is, if he has mommy issues, they're probably a contributing factor in his issues. Raise your kid better, and they'll turn out better than you (us). Btw, i'm a huge proponent of peaceful parenting and suggest it to all here :thumbup:

Campn and j, when are you testing?

Well, since everyone's sharing their current project photos (hats, ferning...) i thought i'd share mine--watercolor! I bought a cheap set and am testing it out to see if it's something i want to get into. I can already tell it is....so much quicker than acrylic, except for the drying time. Plus i don't have to paint a background,which is great 'cause i'm lazy! Here's one a did after watching a brief tutorial:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
...and a fish! This was not what i had in mind...but it just evolved as i worked on it, and this is what happened.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
OMG GIGS!! I F-ing LOVE those!!!
That's amazing!!! I have tried all types of medium for art, but stick to sculpting or charcoal pencil ( I need medium I can correct when I botch something lol)
You def have talent lady!
Here's the final product of hat SortaSO bought. He wanted a brim added. Totally winged that - never done one before! Not bad, but I ran out of black yarn:dohh: so I added a similar blue which now makes it reversible lol
Original
HatVariegatedBlueSide.jpg
20151229_014105.jpg

Attachments

• 20151229_014530.jpg
    20151229_014530.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
That's so cute!!! I love the brim! How did you get it to stay stiff?

Thank you for your compliment :blush: watercolor is more forgiving than i thought, actually. You can wet it down after it's dried and still work with it or blot it up to remove it :thumbup: you definitely have to tackle it with a different mindset though. For example, you can't paint over mistakes....like on that betta, the splatter lines on the fins were red, and hubs said it looked like the fish was smashed. Well, i wanted to change the color to blue but that's a no-no without removing it first, so i went with purple, which i achieved by painting it blue anyway. The colors still mix, even after they dry...very different from acrylic which you let dry and paint whatever you want.

Sorry for the rant! But i'm enjoying this :) can't get this look with acrylics...although i do want to experiment with mixing the mediums...

The hat is so cute J! I love the brim!

Omg gig they're beautiful you're so talented!!!

Gigs, love it! My coworker is really into watercolor but she focuses on landscapes. Yours are really creative! As for SO, his depression is definitely situational but the Aspergers is not. :( what is peaceful parenting?

J, love the hat! The brim is killer!

Greenie, glad to see a slightly higher temp this morning! I know you adjusted yesterday, but that's nearly a .3 rise!

Afm no withdrawal bleed but the pms is beyond real

In other news as a compulsive stick peer, I am confused. My $ tree and cvs opks do the EXACT opposite every time I use them lol. When one is clearly pos, the other is clearly neg! So bizarre!

Greenie, laying in bed watching teen mom og bts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
Dobby- Sometimes when I dip 2 sticks of 1 brand in the same pee cup I get different results, I guess it depends on the hormone in each test too? Weird for sure.

Gigs- Assuming I ovulate today (who knows) I'll be testing on the 9th hopefully.

What about you J?

Mrs- Looks like you may have ovulated yesterday!?? Fx!!!

Thx Ladies. I'm gonna have to have him try the hat to see if I need to lenthen the bottom edge to keep the NewsBoy Cap look...first time ever making a brim
Gigs I recognized your :fish: as a beta straight off. That's my prob in painting, I have an image in mind but can never get the color, or look the same as what I want, and I am control freaky so grrr it aggravates me even if it turns out ok lol.
Funny thing is with hats if the pattern doesn't look like what I started I just wing it and let it evolve...no control freak there :shrug:

I got the brim to stay stiff by cutting a piece of plastic milk jug and inserting it after the top and bottom brim flaps were crocheted. I did the edging to connect both top and bottom flap but insert the plastic at the last moment ...def a learning experience.

I am kinda crampy this morning, cm creamy again, cervix already less soft and less open than ystrdy:huh:
Was hoping for a nice temp rise today but nope...so Hope it is the O dip!

Testing I have not a one in the house. Since I have Xmas money this cycle, debating the cheapies starting 9dpo, or just getting a frer pack and starting closer to AF due
:shrug:

Tough debate: start earlier with cheapies or later with the good stuff. I vote earlier with cheapies ;)

Campn, if it weren't for that positive opk I would say you Oed. Grrr

What do you ladies make of this? I didn't check it for an hour as I got sidetracked watching teen mom. Top more yellow was yesterday's, the other was today. Ferning is gone but still flashing and I'm still waiting on that withdrawal bleed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 19
Also ladies, I have a full on cold. So my temp could have been from that? Who knows. Cm has turned creamy this morning but thinking it's the vitamins in taking?

So questions for J! Can a large amount of vitamin C turn cm creamy and sticky? All research in finding is a moderate amount to increase cm and fertility. But what about more than moderate?

Ugh I hate my body. I might just go in for blood work. Nothing makes sense.

Sorry about your cold!

Dobs, i see a line but i get evaps on $tree so i don't trust it...do you have any more to take?

Peaceful parenting is a a way of. Dealing with kids that removes aggression from the equation. Instead of yelling, you stay calm and explain things, even when they're young and you don't think they understand. You negotiate instead of give ultimatums. The biggest point, in my eyes, is you don't hit your kids. Honestly, i go to a lot of play groups and i always get complimented on Des being so well behaved. He is a toddler, so of course he has tantrums and such, but i can explain away tantrums ("thats not your toy, you need to give it back to tommy because he was playing with it") and he responds extremely well to this, versus the kids i see getting smacked or put in time out ("give tommy back that toy or you're going in time out"). He is also waaaaayyyyyyy less violent than my mom friends that i know get hit. They run around with sticks and pretend they're weapons, for example. That said, i'm sure that has to do with other influences, like show they watch or other kids they're around...but that's my personal experience and it works for me. I'm also an advocate for, at the very least, NOT hitting your kids (because i was hit as a kid and it just left me fearful of my father and i hated him back then). Advocates of it say it leads to aggression and trust issues down the road. And this is disciplinary hitting, NOT just abuse.

Gigs- Looks so pretty hun! You're so talented! Keep going!

Dobby- it's like my body is conspiring against me. I thought maybe I'm releasing two eggs but it's not 24 hours between both.

God help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->