General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gotcha. Yeah, I mean I was spanked as a child and definitely saw the tail end of a belt or a hair brush lol. But it worked for my parents. My older brother and I didn't become disrespectful until we moved to Los Altos and my stepdad took the spanking away and tried reasoning with us. I think it only works if it is consistently done maybe. I probably won't spank my kids because I just don't see the point. As a teacher, I can't go around spanking the kids in my class lol. But I somehow get 23 kids to do what they are supposed to all day long and be decent human beings to one another. There's a lot of power behind explanation, modeling, and consistency. But it does take a lot more time.

Yeah, I have gotten evaps on them before as well. Thick, pink ones to boot. I have like 8 more lol and the dollar tree is like 7 minutes away and keeps them well stocked. They always have like 30+ when I go. My old dollar tree you were lucky to find any and never more than like 5-10.

Campn hugs! I wish we could just talk to our uterus and be like B! What's going on in there?!

Dobby- how many DPO are you?

I wish I can talk to my ovaries and my uterus, or like write them a letter.... More of a complaint, like I deal with your nasty AF, cramps, discharge, and you can't give me one embryo? That's just cold...

Lol complaint. "Excuse me Uterus, is there a manager I could talk to? Like an ovary or the pituitary gland?" "Sorry Miss, you're going to have to take it up with the Brain for all corporate complaints."

FF says 9dpo and I say I never Oed lol. Attached a screenshot. The problem is I was feverish/ elevated temps from my plague cold that last 14 days. I lost a lot of weight/ was severely depressed and stressed. But those post O temps are just way too low in my book which makes me think I just didn't O.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.57.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 10.57.16 AM.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
Amen! I wish we could protest! Like nope! No more AF until AFTER we get a baby delivered! I just want to understand my body. Is that so hard?

Here here.

I'm calling it an evap. Just took another and I don't see anything at all.

I know, wtf uteruses (uteri?)!? Last cycle i yelled out loud to it "damn you uterus! I'm just trying to give you what you want and this is how you repay me?!". Hubs just looks at me and says, "i know, right?"

Dobs, i hear ya, to each their own on the discipline. The two arguments that "got to me" were:

If your SO got in a car accident and suddenly regressed to acting like a 4 year old, would you hit him/her when they did something wrong, like run toward the street? Why is it ok to hit a kid but not an adult?

The other is that most people hide hitting their kid. They pull them out of view, or only do it at home...so obviously there is a part of them that realizes it's not right. One guy argues that hitting is done during moments of blind rage, hence why if you wait out for that rage to pass, you're less likely to hit. Hope that makes sense...

But i will not tell anyone how to adult. I'm just putting my two cents in. It's like milk or cosleeping or anything else....do what you feel in your heart is best :thumbup:

I'm guilty of giving DS a slap on the back of the hand when he does something dangerous, it's harmless but I still felt like crap after doing it, I'd rather not hurt him in any physical way at all. He does good with time out or just threatening to put him in time out, he quickly says "sorry mommy"

I can't blame him for wanting to be bad, only human nature right? :p

Also I really hate when I've to ask him to share with another kid, I know that it's the correct way, but I wouldn't want someone to come to me, grab my phone out of my hand while I'm using it and asks me to share with someone I met at a play group, why should we ask the same thing from our kids? Sharing must really suck.

Lol I don't share. There's a big difference between yours, mine, and ours or sharing between family. But I'm insanely territorial. Or just insane lol ;). I also prefer social lessons. You don't share, you upset others, people don't play with you and you either like being alone or you miss your friends so you compromise. We create this utopian world at my school (which is great and beautiful and I love it) of i statements and mindfulness and empathy, but then they go to muddle school where people act like people and say no or are just mean and they can't deal.

But I hear you Gigs, everyone has to find their groove and figure out what they are comfortable with. I don't even like yelling at my dogs haha. And I have no idea what kind of parent I'll end up being, but I'm treating my kid like I treat all my non bio kids: mutual respect, no hitting, and no yelling unless I need to distract you from hurting yourself or someone else

I think that's a great plan Dobs :thumbup:

And I agree Campn, i definitely don't make Des share if it's his own toy. I explain to him the same thing with others, that if Mikey has a toy, it's his, he can let you see it or not and take it back whenever he wants, because it's his. I think everyone, kids or otherwise, need that sense of having personal belongings that no one else is entitled to.

Just thoughts.

ANYWAY.

In ttc news...in laws are here and we're discussing babies and baby fever is hitting me hard right now. I think i'm cd10 now, so :sex: can commence any time, however my stupid everlong period is lingering and pissing me off. It's just that brown sludgy nastiness for the last 4-5 days of the 12 day period, but it's enough to gross me out and not want to get jiggy.

Urhh i hated the brown sludgey s**t, mine would sometimes go for days sone cycles & more so when i was on the Pill, whats that about?!!

Ooh cd10 gigs hehe! The O in approach eeee :)

I love the Uterus complaints dept stuff hahaa! 'Embrace the damn egg already & bugger off with the cramps'

Cant believe i be 9 weeks tomorrow! Have next scsn in 3wks hehe! Sickness still lingering but Boobs have had massive growth spurt LOL

Urhh i hated the brown sludgey s**t, mine would sometimes go for days sone cycles & more so when i was on the Pill, whats that about?!!

Ooh cd10 gigs hehe! The O in approach eeee :)

I love the Uterus complaints dept stuff hahaa! 'Embrace the damn egg already & bugger off with the cramps'

Cant believe i be 9 weeks tomorrow! Have next scsn in 3wks hehe! Sickness still lingering but Boobs have had massive growth spurt LOL

Claire- Sorry for the sickness hun, but big boobs is always a fun thing right!? Hopefully DH is appreciating that!

Gigs- do you usually spot for that long after? Could you have had a cp last cycle? I hope it starts going away soon so you can hop back on that new egg!

Claire, sorry you are still sick. Hopefully the boobs don't hurt. SO loved the pregger boobs but he would forget they were sore af. r_r. Can't wait to see you 12 week scan!!!

Oh... The brown sludge phase... So glad that is not just me! I thought I had officially died on the inside. SO asked me if periods are really as bad as we make them out to be. Men. I explained it to him and he was like, "Yup, that sounds like hell." The worst is in this day and age you need two incomes to survive. I hate having to go to work and pretend I don't feel like a demon is ripping out my uterus.

How does hubs feel about it? I have had some who were like nah let's do it anyway r_r

Gotta catch up but wanted to post my blurry ferning pic lol it is starting to break down, which is similar to an opk starting to go Neg, surge over...was crampy this am not bad tho, but my cp has changed it's closing up and cm is creamy again, also texture not as soft as before.
If I don't see a temp rise in am I'm in trouble lol.

:smug: Just wanted to gloat on my plan for this month...with all the holiday spending I vowed not to spend much on opks and hpts...soooo I have spent:
$2 on 2 $store opks
$3 on 3 $store hpts
Total=$5 this month :happydance:
Now...the veriquick are my LEAST fav hpts EVER- not the usual $store ones (NewChoice) These have very pale pink ink, BUT this is my encouragement to not go POAS crazy, and save $.
Veriquick is comparable to EPT "when used on the day of your missed period" :haha:
That means NO early lines. So, being high hcg threshhold, annnnd I only have 3...I am gonna start testing at 10dpo-12dpo instead of 8/9 this go round.(AF due 13dpo)
I figure that way I feed my poas addict inside, but don't feel bad about $ spent AND I am still testing later than my usual:smug:
:shhh: Don't tell...but If I see a 2nd line FRER baby! lol
OH! I forgot to add SortaSO didn't want to :sex: until we both get STD testing- Guess who checked THAT off the list today...yep...your girl is ON it! I'll take the results by later tonight- love rapid testing!
Full ferning cd14, but some are breaking down-surge over
Ferningcd14.jpg
VeriQuick HPTs
Hpt-Veriquick.jpg

I feel like our junk is way more complicated than theirs, they've more of a point and shoot. Even when we stop getting our periods it doesn't stop there, menopause and breast cancer is like "oh well hello there"

It's like the inside of a complicated space ship!

Gotta quote my friend Leslie though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
Also ladies, I have a full on cold. So my temp could have been from that? Who knows. Cm has turned creamy this morning but thinking it's the vitamins in taking?

So questions for J! Can a large amount of vitamin C turn cm creamy and sticky? All research in finding is a moderate amount to increase cm and fertility. But what about more than moderate?

MrsG not that I am aware of. I have taken tons of Bcomplex and C on top of daily prenatal and my cm is the same

Lol campn,so true. Our bodies are death traps.

Yes, i always have drawn out 12 day periods. Really it's more that half my uterus has a 4 day period, then i get a 1-2 day break, then the rest bleeds over 2-3 days, then i spot until usually 11-12dpo.

Hubs would do the hibbity dibbity any time, even if bleedy, but for one i feel gross, and secondly for some i get this burning sensation and sex is uncomfortable.

Aw gigs that U.S. no fun. Hope the spotting stops

J, you go! So what's his bed plan? Pull and pray or just let it fly?

Camps, loooove PnR! I am totally Leslie/April/Tom which sucks for my very much Ron SO hahaha opposites attract?

Aw gigs that U.S. no fun. Hope the spotting stops

J, you go! So what's his bed plan? Pull and pray or just let it fly?

Camps, loooove PnR! I am totally Leslie/April/Tom which sucks for my very much Ron SO hahaha opposites attract?

Dobby I think we are soulmates!!

Ok finally caught up
Gigs ask him how he feels about it, my first hub and a few BFs didn't mind sludge:sex: or even full on AF ( ugh). I personally could take it or leave it during AF, and def don't want it in my mouth...:blush: tho 1 st hub accidentally earned his red wings lol AF seemed to start from the :sex: annnnd he went to the Nether-Lands after :sex: LMAO- good thing we were not squeamish!
IF i DTD during or right after AF(sludge still there) then I have a ritual- I douche with plain warm water and lay a towel on the bed...surprisingly there is rarely much on the towel- but I favor BLACK towels :haha:

Dobs My mom is from Portugal and back in the day they cut long vines, or sugar cane rods and beat their asssssses when bad.
My mom was fairly rough when mad at me- yanking ears, pounding her fist on top of my head, and def school trouble was a belt whoopin with welts all on my legs.
She refuses to acknowledge ANY of this now :roll:

I have 3 kids, and with my first he did get "reasoned with" like the other 2, BUT he would literally turn RIGHT back and do the sammmme thing. Eventually he got spankings, because if he were grounded and ALL toys taken away from his room, I would find him on the floor plucking carpet lint to play with:huh: NO joke.
Nothing phased him except a spanking. He got 3 hits over clothes on the but with a belt, but def no marks, no crying no nothing...it worked tho after the first 2 times
(once he got kicked out of class for calling the teacher a Dick head, and the other was for smacking a girl in the face to impress his friends.)
He's 23 now and totally admits he was a hard headed bad ass lol.
Thing is my daughter was 5 yrs behind him and her seeing him get in trouble, made her NEVER want to be bad lol, so she never had a spanking.
My lil boy is def in annoying not listening mode this week, so he has had the threat of being spanked (with a hand) but stops there, He likes to push limits like his older bro. I will say I am MUCH more patient in my 40's, so usually I talk it out with him a few times but I have no prob grabbing him by the arm and staring him dead in the eye with the STOP NOW look and voice.
His dad can't get him to do or not do anything, he does listen when he knows I am serious ( for running by the street, running in a store, touching breakable things etc.)

I personally feel every child is diff, and you need to parent in the way that fits that child, not the same for every kid unless it works for them all.
Some kids are just holy terrors and need a firm hand and structure, others are very easy going.
I also have no prob smacking a hand when they are doing something dangerous. It doesn't hurt them, but can def save them from touching something hot, or sharp, thorny etc.
I have had waaaay too many ambulance calls for kids burned or cut because the poarent tried to talk them away from it, and didn't get tho them before they spilled scalding water on themselves or grabbed broken glass or a knife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->