General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Sheeza, hope the dentist goes well! I so feel you. We haven’t even done A’s x-rays because they’re not “really necessary” and each attempt is just too much on the dentist/him. Hopefully things go smoothly and you don’t need to sedate her. I would hope my colleagues would figure it out, but I also don’t know. There’s a student there right now, and they complain every day about how exhausting he is and some of the behaviors that this child does are some of A’s “maladaptive” behaviors as well. We’ll just have to see what the next few months bring.

That’s amazing! Hey, when you know then you know! I also want some of those details! I love a good story hehe. We’ll see. I think ultimately we are great individuals and have good text chemistry but yeah. We’ll see how it goes on Sunday.

Winter, re students LOL yeah honestly picking a name for A was so hard because 99% of the names SO thought of I had students with that name that were often, what we like to call, a focus student. Like right now I have two kids who wrestle in line and even though I should tough love them and be like I’m supervising your booties, I told them they are my line guardians and have to walk on either side of me to protect me/ open my doors because I’m a queen :rofl: But in this case it was an unruly and unattractive dog that was at the doggy daycare every day. The other was a girl I went to high school with who was such a PrImAdOnNa. Plus she dated my ex right after I dumped him and people would be like Oh isn’t so and so dating your ex? Eyeroll lol. I do not miss high school.

Sorry about the cavity appointment being cancelled! I get it, but I also don't get it. Like you said, if they have a clear issue that needs to be addressed then it needs to be addressed. A has coughed and had faucet nose at speech but no fever and presumably no covid, just allergies or head colds. She wears a mask and a face shield.

Gigs yeah that’s terrifying. It’s so scary these days how accessible our private information can be. I don’t blame you for wanting to take precautions

Omg I’m so sorry about the business situation. That’s absolutely insane. and of course any solution is going to be legal, which is time intensive and costly if you get a lawyer. I hope that it can get sorted. i wish I had some advice. But yeah maybe not go with I told you so. You can definitely tell us that you told him so though lol.

Re the blood test. My doctor emailed right after the results came in. She basically said whoops but that usually inconclusive means that there’s low levels of hcg in my blood, which is causing the test to not meet the threshold for a positive result. I didn’t ask what the threshold is, but if it’s the same as nearly a decade ago I think they said it’s about 50. She said chillax and wait for my period to flush it out. My bbt was 98.2 this morning and opt starkly negative. So I’m not expecting a period any time soon.

This is getting ridiculous. I just got a call from radiology to schedule my anatomy scan. Yesterday they asked if I wanted to do all my tri 1 bloodwork while I was there, second time that's happened. And then the other day when they called for a phone appointment. I was assured all of these tests and appointments were cancelled. FFS. I almost lost it on this poor lady.

Winter, my heart is so heavy for you. I can’t believe it, I really was anticipating all good news. I am so, so sorry :hugs: what is the next step? Will they investigate the recurring miscarriages? Surely there is something that can be looked into? I just can’t believe it. I didn’t realize this is the fourth time. Good grief, you have been through it. Please vent as much and often as you need to. We’re here for you. Prayers that everything will pass naturally and that you will find peace as well as some answers.

Dobby so sorry that life just doesn’t seem to want to let you forget about it, between the tests and the appointment reminders. Did you say you thought you may have ovulated recently? Hopefully af is coming soon and you can get back to your normal.

Yeah sigh. I was hoping I had Oed though I knew it was too soon, my hpt was still quite dark. I marked increased sex drive 1/11, 1/12, and 1/15. So I was hoping maybe I would have Oed 1/12 even though it had only been two weeks at that point but my tests were only about 0.2 ratio. But if that was the case then I would have had my period yesterday. I do remember the one time that I did test out my hcg it was another 2ish weeks until I Oed.

ETA the suspicious potential O pain from the ovary up next was on 1/13. So I would have gotten AF today but nada

Last edited:
hmm well it is certainly still possible your LP hasn't adjusted yet and may have been a little longer, or, yeah, o hasn't happened yet. Ugh the wait and see game is an annoying one.

speaking of which, 3dpo today :coffee:
Shae are you in with any chance this month? Are you lurking? Where is Shae? :p

Yeah idk. I think I Oed just not the day I had symptoms maybe? My temp today was 98.5. But idk I’m not sleeping well this week. Usually doesn’t affect my temp though. I read a (small) study that said on average women ovulated 20 days after mifepristone give or take 5 days. But the range was 8 to 36 days lol. Last time it took 43 days to get my period. I manually input O on CD 31 based on bbt and opks and my lp but FF wouldn’t give me crosshairs because the 6/14 temps were above cover line. But I wasn’t as far along so idk. First two were 66 days (9w) and 45 days (10w). I’m only on 29 now so sigh. I both want and dread my period

Hi ladies,

i’m so sorry for you loss Winter,

my daughter did really well, I had to play her favourite song while in there a d use any sickness bands to sort of give her pressure points. I’ve received my first response, I went to the chemist and they didn’t have any at all in neither did the super market. They seem to all prefer clear blue, I think the digital is the only good one in clear blue.

I’m due on this Sunday so I’m hoping I should see something if positive. Dobby I was late after my MMC, I didn’t get my first cycle until 2nd of this month which took me to 5 weeks after bleeding started, I also had ovulation pain which was more noticeable than normal.

giggles hopefully 2WW goes quickly for you.

This is very taboo to say but I believe the cov has messed up my fertility. I’ve never had issues with pregnancy but after my first shot I bled for 2 months, after the second I bled for 3 months with huge clots and heavy bleed it was very painful as well which is unusual for me. I then got a BFP but had a chemical and then had another BFP October and had a MMC the end of November, I was told my platelets is low, I had bruises on my legs so I’m taking lots of iron.

I’ve refused to get anymore, I increased my vitamins etc and hoping now it’s approaching almost 12 months that I’ve had the first one my body will somehow regulate back to normal.

Winter I’m so sorry. There are no words. Did you say if you’ve had genetic testing to look for a cause of you recurrent losses?

Dobs ugh that’s so annoying about the test. A quick Google search shows that threshold varies by lab, some are as low as 5 (2-5 being inconclusive) and some are as high as 50.

Pretty I like Bailey, I think it’s a strong name. I’ve known two Bailey’s, both strong willed smart girls, nothing bad to report lol. If you’re going for a strong name, I think it’s a good choice. I like more feminine graceful names for girls myself, but that’s just my personal preference :shrug:

Gigs yikes re: the business issue. That really sucks. I agree, no need to “I told you so”, but my God is it tempting :haha:
I’ve been lurking/reading along and just not posting the past few days. Been trying to take a more relaxed approach to this cycle. I have a small chance, but nothing special. 9dpo today, so I think I’ll test on a cheapie for kicks this morning.

Shezza so glad the appointment went better than anticipated! Sorry to hear about your suspicions:( I will not go into mine opinions as they are not so favorable, but I will say good juju and prayers that whatever may have happened, side-effects wise, they subside and you suffer no long term effects. Yummm iron, lol. I actually like iron rich foods. I had to eat a lot after ds2 (i hemorrhaged during delivery) and then had gestational thrombocytopenia (low platelets) with ds3 so no stranger to high iron diets!

shae, Now you’ve got me quite curious, what kind of elegant girl names do you like? I’m sure you’ve told us before but I don’t remember so…

Gigs I wouldn’t quite classify them all as elegant, just feminine. SO has put his foot down that our first girl will be Ellie and I used to be super against it, but I’ve warmed up to it significantly. I like names such as Aria, Abigail, Madelyn/Madeleine, Grace, Alora/Elora, Charlotte, Rose, etc. For middle names I like Elisabeth, Faith, Joy, Hope, etc (virtue names run in my family so the last two are actually family names). However, I’m sure naming girls post-Ellie will be quite the battle between SO and I :rofl: he likes traditional names, so Elora is out (some of you may remember his rejection of that name as a full name for Ellie. I like the pronunciation of Madelyn but the French spelling Madeleine, and I know traditionally Madeleine can be pronounced like Madelyn but when I look at the name my brain reads MadeLINE not MadeLIN.

Shezza I’m not getting the booster, I got COVID anyway and I don’t want to risk side effects. I don’t think I’ve had any issues from the doses I got (unless thats why I’ve been irregular and not just adjusting from getting my IUD out) but it’s hard to know, I really pray it won’t screw anything up fertility wise. It’s been nearly a year since my second one.

Oh funny shae I actually read it as “madel-leen” haha. Those are some solid choices. I really like Aria. I have never met one, however I did work with an “Ari”, and I have always been fond of that name. Why does SO like Ellie? I don’t hate it but the name, to me, sounds very young. Like I can picture a little girl with the name, but not an adult if that makes sense. I think having it as a primary nickname is a good compromise but it sounds like SO isn’t agreeable to that…so what about boy names?

Gigs, Ellie is his grandmother’s name. That’s the only reason. At first I thought the same, that it was too childish to be an adult’s name, but I’ve seen some adult Ellie’s actually. I’ve warmed up to it. I still think it would be a good idea to go with Elena or Elisabeth but honestly I don’t love Elisabeth as a first name, it’s just so common, I know way too many people with that name. At this point I’m fine with just Ellie, but if he changes his mind and wants it to be a nickname, I’m all for that.

Oh my goodness this thread is moving quick plus I don't get notifications:shrug: I mean what's that all about :rofl: still house hunting and it's crap I'm starting to get annoyed lol, so you ladies no I have the implant yea and I told you I get paranoid every month (I'm just a paranoid person lmao) anyway I have tested and urm I see something now I'm freaking jeez wish he would get chopped be easier, but he won't as he said he won't feel like a man :shrug: so anyway here they are with plenty of photos lmao xx

20220127_104814.jpg 20220127_104749.jpg 20220127_080859.jpg 20220127_080830.jpg 20220127_080814.jpg

Oh my goodness this thread is moving quick plus I don't get notifications:shrug: I mean what's that all about :rofl: still house hunting and it's crap I'm starting to get annoyed lol, so you ladies no I have the implant yea and I told you I get paranoid every month (I'm just a paranoid person lmao) anyway I have tested and urm I see something now I'm freaking jeez wish he would get chopped be easier, but he won't as he said he won't feel like a man :shrug: so anyway here they are with plenty of photos lmao xx

View attachment 1105770 View attachment 1105771 View attachment 1105772 View attachment 1105773 View attachment 1105774

20220127_080801.jpg 20220127_080731.jpg 20220127_080559.jpg 20220127_080452.jpg 20220127_080145.jpg

Tdog I might see a shadow but nothing I would trust. I would test again tomorrow.

Sigh. Kick me while I’m down. OA asked to reschedule because the timing with his daughter changed and I hadn’t technically confirmed. I’m sure it’s coincidence, but I just have this sneaking suspicion it has something to do with baby momma c blocking me. It’s probably not though. He offered to see me after but idk how feasible that is.

didnt realize I missed so much will respond

tdog I second Shae. I see what you mean but they are so faint I wouldn’t put stock in it. Definitely test again though in a day or two.

Thanks ladies I'll be testing again tomorrow anyway tbh I don't trust it yet either as frer are awful xx

dobs I doubt it's baby momma, sounds like he's been dating so I doubt it's her. Especially if he offered to reschedule so soon after. I'd guess if it was a block/no-go, he'd be vague about a new date.

tdog you sound like me, a monthly "what if....?" hahahha. I hope you get the result you are hoping for <3

@gigglebox I literally have a stash of ic for the 'just incase' :rofl: that's why I got the frer in first place as there was a faint line on one :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->