General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Well I played around with my FF but there was a day that my temp got so low after I thought I had already ovulated, I think it was a second estrogen surge that caused that, so you could be going through the same thing. Wait and see your temp tomorrow if it'll go back up!

ARGGG MY DAMN OVARY STILL HURTS! This is so frustrating! I went to take an opk not too long ago just to see and my pee was nearly colorless. I've only got 2 left so i didn't waste it...i'll try again later.

Campn, your chart looks good now!

Ok ladies...what would you do?

I may be offered a gig to photograph a live birth. They are strangers. Would you do it? I've never done this before. How much should i charge?

Gigs- Yes def! Especially if that's a business you'd like to pursue more, it's a good chance to learn and build a portfolio!

I'm not sure about how much you should charge; but maybe look at your area and how much photographers usually charge for this (even call them pretending you need one!) and then offer a slightly lower price than the norm, just until you really get into the business! Good luck! Big stuff!

Campn or MrsG got another crime doc for you- reenactment of documented crime details, and they def filmed it well like you are right there...including the medical scenes very well done( which peeves me when movies do dumb crap in med scenes)
It's called The Murder of Stephen Lawrence ( take out spaces)
It's in parts on youtube, but you can select the next part after each segment ends
h t t p s : / / w ww .yo utube.com/watch?v=NPCKJ2jvDHs

Gigs As long as you are good watching a stranger seliver Go for it!
I would do it, but med stuff doesn't bother me.
Agree as she said- call a few places pretending you want your birth photo'd and ask rates, then just go a bit below that. How Cool!
I deliveredONE baby girl in my 20 years in ambulance and hospital, very cool to see a human come into the world ( I always tell them "Welcome to Earth!"):haha:
Wish I knew more about what happened to that baby- she would be about 15 now!
Oh and make sure you type up a general contract or find one online, and that they specify exactly how much and what parts they want you to get on film.
Customers can be quite vague as I'm sure you know, and then they wanna blame you when they aren't specific lol.

Jlm- I'll def watch that! I love watching House (doesn't hurt that the British actor is super gorgeous)

I'm feeling nauseous! I know even if I'm pregnant there's no way I'd be nauseous this early, but it's the first time I felt nauseous in my tww :shrug:

:coffee:
Attention:
My uterus is bitchy today...sharp little stabs for over an hour...hoping it's an implant thing...That is all...Carry on citizens...

Haha 'as you were' J out :) have you felt these before J? All sounds very good hehe!

Campn never too early for Nausea, with Riley my ib started on 5dpo! So symptoms can start sooner! Fx :) & your chart is looking ace!

The Murder of Stephen Lawrence, went on for yrs & yrs & they only recently found his killers! Forensics are just awesome, feel so bad for his family, its been in the UK Crimewatch programmes over the years for more evidence & then they suddenly got a breakthrough!

Hmm J good call on the contract. I'll have to see what i can pull up. Truth is, i'm not great on the technicalities of photographing. Like, i know what makes for a good shot and i have a very nice digital slr...but i always use the auto features. I don't toggle much with anything else...so i'm afraid i'm going to fuck up and there's no re-do on birth!

Also, i'm sad to say i don't think i ovulated yet :( pain is still there. Wtf. This is the longest ovulation evvvverrrr waaaahhhhh

CB Just finished watching the updates on The Lawrence case...heartbreaking stuff, but as you said Forensics today are amazing. So glad they got 2, shame it wasn't sooner as they all got to have families kids etc...
This is why I watch crime docs from around the world...Something HUGE in UK and not a word of it in the US...I kind of think of watching them as an acknowledgement that these ppl lived, and how their deaths should be acknowledged, and justice dealt... hopefully.
I only recently learned there was a no gun law in certain other countries!?!?
WTH?? Would never fly here, not to mention the cops showing up to an active shooter, had no fricking weapons to STOP the shooter!!
Their sharp shooter had to argue and submit reason to check out his high power rifle , and by then I think the guy had killed over 20 ppl!
That was The Hungerford Masacre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAowjf5ULQ&index=58&list=LLS7IepJvCFJzi9TKJb5uzVQ
(if you can't use this link, right click vid to copy url)

No idea why it was making this msg a link?? so I repasted it in a separate msg

Gigs You can keep it simple on the "contract".
Maybe just have them write a list of MUST have photos, and you can just snap away in between, but at least you know what will be most important to them to capture.
Also, birth is by no means quick, even fast deliveries...If they want the full nitty gritty pics of the crowning etc, you will have plenty of time, and I am a huge fan of auto mode on digi cams...just make sure you have alot of gb on your card hehe.

On a side note, as a person who has worked L&D...pls keep the following in mind:
1 You are basically like a reporter in the battlefield. Sh!# might get real, so make sure you are emotionally ok if they have a complication in the delivery.
If it requires an emerg csect, you likely can't go back unless they ok it, so may wanna clear that early on.
2Again in the battle field... blood, goo, fluids..ya know. It's diff when it's someone elses, and not all things smell good lol:sick:
3If you wanna cover your bases- snap pics of EVERYthing, and just tell them they can review the card/pics with you to narrow down what they end up wanting.
Crotch shots of crowning sound beautiful, but def not after the fact lol( may be episiotomy, blood, fecal matter etc in those shots :sick:)

Other than that GO FOR IT!:thumbup: I'm so excited for you!

:coffee:
Attention:
My uterus is bitchy today...sharp little stabs for over an hour...hoping it's an implant thing...That is all...Carry on citizens...

I had stabs in my tww! I hope it's your bean implantating.

Thx Breeaa!
I sure hope there's a feisty sticky bean in there lol
Forgot who asked, but I don't ever cramp, and usually when i feel this it's cervix moving up, but I haven't checked again since this morning when it was med height so :shrug:
:dust:

Where is Dobby? I hope she's okay.

Miss you Dobby!

I was wondering that earlier today...Dobbleganger!!!:brat:
Let us know how u r!

J, that pain sounds good to me! How are you feeling today? What's the ol' cervix doing?

Sorry to be all OMGMYOVARY but I'm so flippin' confused! No more pain as of now, however I took an opk this morning (hoping to see a fainter line showing my surge had passed) and it was definitely positive! Wtf? That was my last opk, too. I'm hoping the surge is over and on its way back down....? But it's possible i haven't even ovulated yet. Cp is still high, not as squishy as it was yesterday morning, still a little open though...cm is not exactly watery, it's got a slight creaminess to it. So maybe i'm transitioning back into non-fertile-ness?

I'm going to be bummed if I haven't even ovulated yet!

Hi Ladies,
checking in again. I had DH home for the last 10 days. Of course AF showed up on the last 3 days too.
It was wonderful having him here. Now he won't be back for at least another 4 weeks but moving date is creeping up in ~ 8 weeks.

Anyone preggers yet? :dust:

Gigs- What the heck!? Are all our cycles crazy this time!? Looks like you almost ovulated but held back and now you're about to again. Keep monitoring your signs and see if you start getting ewcm or cramps, and get more BD in if you didn't yesterday.

:hi: Pacific Glad you got some hubby time in despite the :witch: crashing the party!

Gigs no pains as yet but I have only just got up..should be 6dpo ( FF says 5dpo)
On your opks well it's gotta be true the LH was high enuff to trigger a +
I'm gonna say this and run for the hills..
:shhh: May be more than one surge...and more than one egg...as from what I recall you always get nasty O pain then it passes and you know you O'd. This time seems to have been multiple occurences...so I'm thinking more than one egg ( ducks for cover)
BUT perhaps one egg was not mature yet when released, or the second likely wasn't so you still shouldn't have to worry about:oneofeach:
(running as Gigs chases me):wohoo:

Ok Gigs ( stop chasing me lol)
You asked about my bitchy uterus...I hadn't got out of bed when I grabbed the laptop to chart, but when I went to pee got some sharp cramps for some reason:huh:
So checked cp and it's still medium height, VERY firm and VERY tightly closed, with more creamy cm than I usually get. Now the ute is achey- not crampy...just bitchy lol.
Hopefully this leads to a strong BFP Friday FX...and toes lol
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"