General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Honestly I feel like he just doesn’t want the stress of planning a baby. Or maybe there’s a guilt of like wanting a baby but not having all his ducks in a row so he doesn’t want to say to you/himself/people that you’re trying?

Honestly it’s on neither of you. It’s just life. No fault. Nothing to kick yourselves over. Esp when it comes to babies.

Not temping. I should, but I’m lazy lol. Though I suppose I could start if I charge the oura ring lol

Me being weird, I vote temp. You have a viable chance with the surge and full load. And if it ends up being your bfp I personally love having all the opks and temps and things to look back on

My oura ring is charging now lol, we’ll see in the AM if it looks like I ovulated today or if it’ll be tomorrow, based on temp.

DH and I already picked out a pregnancy announcement lol, I’d be 12 weeks on Good Friday so we’d announce on Easter with the following:
IMG_8083.jpeg
It’s on Etsy, obviously I haven’t purchased it yet so it’s not personalized in the photo. I know I’m getting all excited way too early, but hey, might as well be happy while I can, and if it ends, it ends. I showed him and my girl friends a couple of options and everyone liked this one the best.

It’s possible I won’t get a temp from the first night of use, which would suck, but at least I’ll have temps from the TWW if I use it, to analyze the luteal phase temp pattern. My cervix seems lower, which makes me think I might’ve ovulated already today. That would make me O-2 instead. We’ll see. One day difference isn’t huge for dates, at least.

It’s a harder fall if you get carried away but meh. I vote bask in it. If anything, maybe the excitement around the potential can kick SO into gear for full on TTC if things didn’t work out. Like I get there’s a difference because being supporting and happy and positive about an oops but like rubbing your belly and picking out an announcement before you’ve confirmed O. Like he clearly wants to have a baby and there’s nothing to be ashamed of in that. I hate that like external social standards/pressure of what a dad should look like financially keep him from being on board. This would be a fun story though imho haha like ugh the Covid sucked but heyo it led to a baby

Temp was 96.48 this morning lol, I’m quite cold. We’ll see tomorrow!
And yeah it’s entirely finances, the poor man wants a baby so bad.

My urine progesterone is up to 12 this morning, so I wonder which is correct. Very weird. Time will tell, I guess! I feel like there’s no way it’s that high if my temp is under 97… but I did see something that said the temp rise is more than progesterone alone, so we’ll see. Hopefully my temp will rise tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Money will never be ready for a baby. I thought I was financially ready for a baby, and I’m broke af. My cousins make less than me and don’t own property, yet somehow they have like 5 kids. And these kids aren’t in hand me downs and they play sports. Everyone I know complains about finances, but somehow they find a way to make it work. I get his hesitation, but I wish you could really fully try and get this excited loving side from him every cycle versus being reduced to hoping for an oops. All that said, hopefully moot point and you’ll pop in today to say you temps look good for O. Maybe you Oed sometime in the morning where it’s too early to see a bbt temp rise but definitely Oed yesterday?

Afm not more yucky boogers but my ears are still plugged. Too busy to see a doctor next week so hoping it’s fine in the next couple days. Our local hockey team’s mascot came to my class and my kids had a blast. Hoping to take A to the zoo but it’s meant to rain. Originally was supposed to rain starting 11 but now it’s saying 3pm so FXed. Maybe the bad weather will keep the crowds away. Have my post observation with my boss on Thursday. Lesson went ok. Wasn’t great. My head hurt too much to scaffold. Management was good. Lesson was not engaging lol.

but seriously, I know I live in super expensive CA and if I had a partner/second income things would be different. Like A’s dad made 125k when I broke up with him. The lavish life I would live if I had 125k disposable income. Or even half that. Man. I gotta find a partner :rofl: jk I’d rather stay poor and single

I keep getting sidetracked, point is: nobody is ever financially ready for a baby. You may not own the house but you have a secure place to live. Plus eventually didn’t you say that you’d inherit this house anyway? I think you’re more financially set than DH is giving himself/you two credit for.

Dobs yeah people figure it out with less than I make, somehow. And not so much on inheriting the house lol, it’s probably got 10 years left on it max, it’s not in great shape and not worth fixing unfortunately. If we wanted the land we’d have to buy out the rest of our family for it. Clearly I was a little delulu lol. I mean, not sure how much the rest of the family would actually want though, considering they’re already settled. There’s also the fact that we prefer our neighboring state of NH when it comes to laws, taxes, and politics.

Sorry you’re not feeling well :( hopefully the rain stays away and you can have a lovely zoo visit!

Now for the update…

WE HAVE TEMP RISE!!!!!

IMG_8091.jpeg
I have it graphing my estrogen and progesterone as well, so don’t let that confuse you lol, I only started temping yesterday, the dark blue is the temp line.
Also, since the BD was PM just before midnight, if I ovulated in the morning yesterday it’s O-2.5, if I ovulated in the evening it’s O-3. I’m hoping it was morning lol.

Zoo was good until it wasn’t. Tired, hungry, wet, it ended up POURING off and on all morning/day. A was doing well until end of day routines. Usually we do rides then buy a lollipop but because he refused to leave the playground when I told him the store was closed/the rides closed due to the rain. So cue full meltdown. My everything hurts lol.

Shae that’s awesome! Definitely in with a chance! How many frers did you get?

DH is convinced I’m pregnant because I managed to knock both a plate of food and an open soda can onto the carpet within 30 seconds, and apparently his mom’s first symptom with his brother was dropping boiling water on her foot (aka clumsiness). I had never heard of this before, but a quick Google shows it’s common anecdotally, though no scientific reason for it that early. However I’m only 1dpo, so I may just be having a clumsy day. I will say, they were balanced on the bed frame, and I always put stuff there and never knock them over, so it’s a little weird that I managed to knock over two. But we’ll see. He said it was hysterical to watch, that he’d never seen me so clumsy :rofl:

Apparently he also thinks I’m pregnant because he said I had a new glow about me last night. I know it’s crazy early but hey, you never know. He says he just feels like I am. He keeps putting his hand on my belly ahhhhh

My temp went up almost another full degree, it’s now 98.35 this AM. I don’t normally go over 98 even post-ovulation and I know it’s ideal if you do, so I’m excited lol. Also it’s keeping me warm in the 1 degree weather this morning lol

I tested hormone levels tonight with the monitor because I was running late this morning and didn’t have time. Progesterone is 40 already at 3dpo, that’s the max the monitor can read! I’m so excited that this ovulation was successful.

DH is so convinced I’m pregnant that he says it’s not like a feeling, it’s like a fact, a certainty. Like if someone asked if the sky was blue, like duh, yes, that’s a fact. It feels the same way to him. Gotta say, I’ll be pretty disappointed in his intuition if he’s wrong lol. He’s always either been totally unsure or leaned no with prior cycles.

I’m trying to be proactive so I’m tapering down on my caffeine intake. Switching to decaf earlier and earlier through the work day. I’m also not drinking alcohol to be careful. If I’m not pregnant, I guess I could go back to my 3-5 cups of coffee a day lmao. We’ll see.

Had to hype myself up to drink my coffee because the idea of drinking it made me nauseous, but when I actually started drinking it, it was fine. Then I couldn’t sing along to my music on the ride to work because it made me feel like I was gonna vomit. Then after I stopped singing along I was driving alone and retched out of nowhere. Lovely. I know I’m only 4dpo but my mom had motion sickness this early with my sister (she normally doesnt get any). Science can fight me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->