General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Oh...yeah You can read the full donor story on September thread...just posted it for Campn.
MrsG
<--- Twice divorced, 2 older kids (first marriage) 23 and 18 ( first marriage)
4 y/o ( 2nd marriage) And want a sib for him since the other 2 are much older. Also wasted 2 yrs with last BF who just stated in Jan. he changed his mind on more kids right now:shock: Dude...You are 47..I am 41...I have borrowed time lol.
No one knows I am ttc in my life right now but the board buddies:friends:

Haha right?! I considering buying 4 because I really wanted 3 but it didn't have a coupon. But I was on my way to work and it's a lot easier for kids to find 2 boxes than 1 hahaha. So I opted not the best idea.

J, I am shocked you're not already testing on cheapies. Lol i definitely pull those out at 4dpo. LOL recessive genes and your mom stories crack me up. I don't think you're menopausal yet. Besides, this is going to be your month! HEAR THAT UTERUS?!

Vanya and j I love that you guys want more babies no matter what. my mom had me in her late 30s, which was fine but had a hard time convincing me which is party why I started young with the hubs. Although! J with four kids? Pretty sure I couldn't handle that even if two are grown! Haha I was an only child so maybe I'm just used to small families.

Dobby- I think it's so funny when relationships start out like that. I wanted NOTHING to do with my OH at first. But he kept asking and I finally gave in.

Awww yeah it's weird. We were hanging out post non BD bd (hahaha) and I make some comment about how we weren't a thing, and he got so butthurt over it that we decided to go out the next morning for breakfast and the rest is history. :) To be honest, a lot of it boils down to my patience as a teacher. I wouldn't punish a kid in class for behaving a certain way due to a disability, so just had to teach him how to communicate me and I learned his triggers. He's been so sweet on his vk. Emailing me all the time, called me the moment he had cell reception when they went into town for lunch.

Ahh Dobs he's gonna come home even Happier when he gets your surprise!
Since you won't be home when he gets there, I think you should hide EVERYthing he may look for (remote controls, computer mouse, shampoo, etc) then when he asks you where it is, tell him to look in a weird spot ( kitchen cabinet or something) and have all your Reveal stuff in there! lol
I had ex hubby's walk in closet FILLED with Baloons, baby clothes, bibs, and shoes strewn all over, and a digi sitting on a chair in the middle. He almost fell down the stairs trying to aask if it was true lol. ( I went down stairs when he came home like nothing was up, and let him go upstairs alone).
And YES listen to Dobby Uterus! We gotta bring up the rear on TEAM BLUE!

MrsG I'm an only child too, and HATED it - no sib trouble to get in!! lol
I would have TWO more if I could, but not pushing it. I really would only have to deal with 2 kids. Son is self reliant ( but lazy ugh at 23) and daughter just shipped out of state in June to college. So just me and the 4 y/o, and he always misses them and doesn't understand why they are gone so long, so I know he would love a sib- he LOVES babies. He always runs up to ppl with babies in the store and tries to talk to them lol.

Gigs Feeling any better? Hope you found more duck eggs!

No testing for me till Tues- 9dpo. Only got 5 wally cheapies and 1 frer from last cycle.
:shrug:

J that's so cute. He would love a little sister to drive crazy. lol

Dobby- any ideas on how you'll tell your oh?

Siblings are the best. I love mine.

Not yet. He's coming home a little early since he is running a fever. So he'll be home tomorrow night. I was like :dohh: A- keep your fever germs out and B- one less day to plan

Teetering between...

1) taking him to his favorite beer place, and while he parks place an order of two glasses of his favorite beer. Then, I would have the waitress bring it over but place both glasses in front of him and put a water glass in front of me that has a note saying, "Guess you're drinking for two now."

2) doing something with the dogs since he always calls himself their daddy. Something like buying them a new toy and writing on it that now he's going to be a human daddy.

Or doing something Harry Potter themed since we both love Slytherin...
a) Taking his "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" flask and putting it in the middle of the coffee table with the layout of our place on marauder's map esque paper that leads him to all of my pregnancy tests hahaha like ALL of them

b) write on my belly: gemino (the doubling curse) or something like "touch with caution: the gemino curse is active"

c) try to find some Slytherin kids stuff and make a board that says future Slytherin on the way

d) make a sleeve with the HP style "(his name) and the Muggle-Born Heir" or something less obvious like "(his name) and the Chamber of Secrets" chamber referring to uterus and have it wrapped around my pregnancy journal.

Those are so much fun and so original! I think my fav is the beer place one. But if he's anything like my man he won't leave the house feeling under the weather. Hope you don't get any of his germs! Lol

I love the harry potter options a&b! One of those things that will be unique to you both. I think any of them would be cute,though! But waiting until monday to tell might be a bit difficult....at least i would feel that way. I don't think i'd be able to keep that secret. I'd have a shit eating grin on my face, then hubs would call me out on the secret.

Mrs, how did you like being an only child? That's my biggest debate with a second....am i doing a disservice to my first by having a second and making him share me, and getting even tighter with our finances?

J, i'm feeling much better, thanks for asking :) my back only had a couple minor spasms today and i was able to get some farm chores done. We just found the 5 eggs today, hoping for even more tomorrow! I'm thinking i'll make a new vblog "episode" of going on my morning egg hunt, as long as it's not pouring rain...

I thought that, but it's been almost a week now and I've kept it from my mom. And if I can keep it from my mom then I can keep it from anyone. :) Knowing me, I probably will just end up blabbing it when he walks in the door.

Oh you should totally do a blog! I want to see the eggs and the ducks!!!!! Glad your back is feeling better :)

Ahh I wanna see the egg hunt!

Dob I say incorp the Harry Potter with the beer! Although I LOVE the scavenger hunt!!
Tho with him being sick I think you should do whichever lets you tell him sooner - cuz he has Boy cooties right now lol

Thanks! And thank you also for the bfp link! I didn't realize the signature of yours was also a link lol

Me is so smrt *derp*

When and how do you plan on telling your mom?! I gave mine a belated b-day card "from" her grandchild, and put a photo of my test on the inside. It was signed, "your future grandchild. Right now I'm this big", and there was an arrow pointing to a dot, "See you in about 8 months!" She said, "are you serious?!" Then started crying. Then she handed it to my father, who cam be a bit of an emotional robot. He read it and said, "Oh." And smiled, and my mom asked if he "got it" lol. I think he then said, "yeah! Congratulations!"

In retrospect, i'm sure he didn't appreciate the reminder that hubs was fucking his daughter :haha:

J, if it's any good i'll link you to it :p

Ok, gotta sleep....east coast here. G'night y'all, send my duckies some egg laying positive mojo vibes!

LOL yeahhhh that's a tough one for dads. SO will not accept that his mom has sex, and I guarantee she does some dirty s* cuz SO is like his dad. But he will not let anybody talk about it because "she has sex twice: once to make my brother and once to make me" HAHAH.

Sending positive duck egg vibes! Would love to see them if you find any. Or even the hunt. Like, do they hide them or is like getting eggs from chickens haha.

J, yeah. We'll see. I'm too tired to do much of anything cute though so it might be here's my test instead of a soup ladle

Dob- can't wait to read about what you did and his reaction! I hope I'm in your shoes soon or ever at this point lol.

Gig- it sucked being an only child as I was a child but as I got older (17) a friend of mine ended up moving in and basically being adopted by my mom. We're all family as she doesn't have one. So I kinda got the best of both worlds. My advice (since you weren't asking lol) do what makes you happy! With only your son you may have more money, and he may get more attention but won't you always wonder what other amazing baby you could have gotten. On the other hand with your new price or princess you may not be able to do anything and everything for them as far as materialist things go but you'll have another amazing gift and they'll have each other.

Lol Gigs on the F-ing his daughter :rofl:

Funny how men accept being horny and chasing girls to get some when they were young, but God forbid you mention their mother or daughter having sex lol.

Def wishing your duckies a happy egg laying night! I'm east coast too, but I stay up till 1 almost every night if not later - until I take my Ambien...which I hope when I get a bfp I am exhausted every night and sleep with out

My dog is staring me down needing to go out:dog:
He just lets out s long Sigh every few mins hehe

I better have nothing but temp rise the next few days or I am :gun: for the BBT powers that be!

I have the THICKEST bright white cm tonight when I checked :shock:
Had to do a double take. It almost looked chunky, but it's creamy like super thick white lotion! Crazy. Ever since I checked I have been crampy ugh- progest is def having an affect, and my uterus is def irritable to checking now.
Hopefully cuz a bean is digging in. I'm officially 6dpo now woop woop :wohoo:
It's after midnight!
G'night all - dog is whining now!

Mrs.G I am not doing much. I just started temping again and my last cycle I used a natural progesterone oil. I think I over did it. I had lots of symptoms and a bfn that cycle. It took a couple weeks for all the side affects to wear off so I am reluctant to start again. I have no idea if I need it or not.
Giggle he knows I want a baby more than anything but has probably convinced himself it's too late for us. He has not tried to pull out since last month when I stopped him. He may even be willing and cooperating but since we haven't talked about it since my divorce I have no idea. I don't really want to bring it up in case his answer is no way. I will tell him if we are successful but probably not until I am out of the high risk window.
Dobby I love all your ideas. I can't wait to hear which one you pick. I never thought to do anything fun last time. I was just so relieved to finally be pregnant.
I just gotta say, you all are the best! I really appreciate being able to be hopeful here without anyone judging me.

Who are we to judge :shrug: i'm sure we have all made some questionable choices in our lives. Also, i think if you were doing it solely to trap him, i might have an opinion about that....but you are desperate for a baby and willing to have one with or without his involvement. Hope that makes sense...

No duck video today, as it's raining, and i look like shit. If i don't have bags under my eyes, i'll be surprised. Hubs came to bed a little before 3, woke me up, and i couldn't fall back asleep because he was snoring. I think the poor guy may be sick :( i moved to the couch and dozed twice before Des woke up at 7:30.

I'm going to go let those duckers (hehe) out now though....still hoping for lots of eggs! I can see at least one from my window!

J, hope that's an implantation dip i see on your chart! Also, what kind of dog?

Mrs, thanks for the input! i'm sure we'll have a second, the question is when...

Vanya, I'm a firm believer in it takes two to make a baby. If he knows you want it, and his only form of birth control is believing you are too old then that's his own personal problem. In an ideal world, we would all have partners to happily support us but the world is not ideal and you have to make yourself happy.

Gigs, poop. Duck poop. I'm sure you look great. Did hubs *cough * wake you up? *cough*

J, I hope so!!! Pretty interesting dip there at 6dpo. I'm so impatient for you.

Mrs, you will be!!! Sending lots of baby dust your way

I feel like someone asked how I am telling my mom. I am waiting to tell my mom until we close on a house. My parents are helping us, so I might be simple and give them a thank you card with the ultrasound picture inside under a peek a poo paper. Or have a family housewarming. The only problem is I normally carry a lot, so hopefully SO and I can enlist friends.

I am having distinct cramps on both sides of my abdomen. Never painful or lingering or simultaneous. But definitely one spot on the left and one spot on the right....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->