General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

LOL the imagery of my son chasing a fainting goat is hysterical to me! honestly though, we'll probably just get a Nigerian dwarf goat. I've read they produce a boat load of milk for their size, plus their milk tastes pretty similar to a cow's. I'm super excited about the prospect of making goat cheese! mmmmmmm chevre.....

and no, the farm isn't our sole income....yet. Hubs is a mechanic. We hope we can turn the farm stuff into a full time gig, and we have LOTS of ideas on how to do that and make some money, but right now it's a side project. we simply don't have enough money to invest into the farm exclusively, and pay our bills.

I, too, worry about the money and how a second kid would play into all this...

Ah i see, mechanic is a great trade, always need a mechsnic, our vehicles are always having issues lol, SO is a Carpenter & is currently doing our extension, seems to be taking forever as hes doing it himself ohhhhh!! So not looking forward to the inside mess uhhh!

Uuugh hired a contractor to do our kitchen. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

I guess that's different from a carpenter though...?

BLUEBELL i see you stalking! Come say hi!

Edited to add....my back finally feels better (other than being a little sore from sleeping on the couch), and now hubs has the flu :( he's not the type to milk his illnesses, so i know he's legit sick as he's under three heavy blankets shivering between sleeping, poor guy! No break for me this weekend....but next weekend my mom wants to keep Des for a couple days. A break AND the child will be gone during my fertile window ?! Fingers are crossed!

Gig- fx for you! That's cool that you want to make it a full time. You would be able to spend to much time with your babies and be able to teach them so much!

Oooh date nights, you go Giggs hehee!! Its lovely having a wee but if free time, make use my friend hehee ;-))))

Yeah he does kitchens bespoke or flatpacked, builds houses from scratch, everything, hes very talented but i just hate the mess uhh!!!

Glad ya backs on the mend, resting does help lots but hard with a lil un.. Ahh no hope hes over his flu before your 'date' nights hehe! Lotsa honey, hot water & lemon, x

Ladies!

So I'm 4-5 dpo and I defiantly have some cramping. That being said (tmi coming up) I've also been gassy so it could be that. But I'm choosing to optimistic.

Hubs made me a little mad though, he asked what was wrong and I said I just have some cramping and he said "you're probably about to start your period" butthead! Lol

Wait, who is testing on the 29th. Someone on BnB is lol. I'm so bad with timelines. I need an excel sheet of everyone's cycle

<--- :happydance: This Chick...Right here...Tuesday! 9dpo testing

OMG I have missed so much! Was out ALL day helping a friend build a chicken coop- he got 5 of the cutest chicks everrr. One is SILVER!!
I LOVE LOVE animals and I am jealous as hell Gigs! I so want a farm like you!!!

Dobs I agree don't stress the twin thing. Worst case you have plans, and or you budget a nit diff. They are only expensive if you go crazy.
Pump milk and freeze it, or use a combo with formula. That's what my surro parents did- a combo.
You can always hit up family for clothes, and throw hubs a Diaper Party!.
I never heard of them till friends pf ex hubs did one, and I did one for him when I was preggers ( men only, at a sports bar setting, and EVERY guy brings a pack of diapers) I am NOT lying at all when I tell you he had like 20 friends come, and I did not buy diapers for literally 11 months we had so many.
They brought CASES of diapers each, and of course I had a baby shower and got tons of gift cards from ladies at work.
With gift registries the way they are now, you literally put everything in that you need and ppl get a copy of your list when they come to the store- so you don't get useless stuff.
We only bought the crib, stroller, carseat and swing- as I wanted them all matching set ( animal print)
Twins aren't horrible really. Feed one and prop the other in a Boppy pillow with a bottle.
You will figure it out worst case.
Oh yea and Dobs ...You are TOTALLY having Quads!!:twingirls::twinboys:

Twins don't seem so bad NOW do they :haha:

MrsG:growlmad: SMACK him lol- not nice!

Gigs Awesome plan on egg selling. I have a cooking biz and it is hard with no contacts- glad you all have buyers in line!:thumbup:
Vanyas I agree don't ask. He's a grown man...I'm sure he knows pregnancy is possible without you bringing it up.
Really hope your timing got the deed done!

Me- tons of chunky white creamy cm, still not slippery, stretchy, or sticky.
I may stop checking cp and cm tho as I get crampy after...3 more days!

Oh Gigs - I have a bullmastiff...145lbs of puppy lol:dog:

Awww LOVE mastiffs! Of any variety! Except Italian, they are kind of intimidating looking....BUT NO DAWW THEY'RE STILL SO CUTE! I love the smooshy faced breeds best <3 and pits. There is a special place in my heart for pits, and I hope to adopt one, one day....or foster them. We'll see.

Hubs is miserable. I just heard Des whimpering through the monitor and I'm hoping beyond hope he hasn't caught hubs' plague! And i'll be pissed if I get it as hubs was convinced it was "just food poisoning" this morning and was getting all up in my bubble since he didn't have anything contagious :mad:

If i get sick and hubs has to take off work to take care of Des....ugh, i don't even want to think about it. I'll have to turn some tricks or something to make up the money :haha: honestly though, i need to pump out some more paintings and get to sellin'! It's just so hard to keep motivated with art :/ any of you do art and know this feeling?

Gigs, LOL at calling out bluebell! I almost did that to someone else on a thread. Come join the fun! Haha. Sorry hubs is not feeling well. Hoping LO doesn't catch it or you! Stay healthy! That's great that your MIL is taking him for your fertile weekend. Get it, girl!

J, hahaha after I posted I realized it was you. :) I wish it was Tuesday. You really bounced back from that dip. Very excited to see.

Mrs. Gotta love the post O gas. Hoping it is a sign for you!

Claire, that must be nice to have such a handy husband! I'm not handy at all, and SO is in tech. The only handy thing he does is work on his motorcycle. Other than that, nothing gets upgraded around our place. Although, part of that was that we don't own it and we don't want to invest in something that isn't ours.

AFM, been house hunting all day. Went to 6 open houses. 1 was ok but nowhere for the dogs and my little bean to play outdoors =/ The other was by where I used to live, but it had a lot of interest and it is at the top of our price range. Two more houses to see tomorrow.

How's the real estate market there? Can you offer below asking or would that be unwise? No harm in trying anyway if you like it.

ClaireUmm. yea...I need a handy SO as I alwayyyys have to fix eveything! ( benefit of ex firefighter) So yea...Claire...Gonna need you to send me a CLONE of your OH...right ...ok. Oh ...make sure the UK accent as well...Thank you....That is all:haha:

GigI had a pit before GREAT dogs- bad rap from bad owners ugh.
I love showing dogs. Gonna show this one when he stops acting so puppyish- no attention span. Smush-face hehe. He totally is!

Love the "all up in your bubble" Hope he gets well, and neither you nor Des get it, so he can get ALL UP IN your bubble a diff way :winkwink:

Much Mechanic love here...def need them!

Mrs G...crampy ...das is goot!

So much going on today! I was here in the am and still missed
So much!

The market is slowing but it hasn't popped. It has been a seller's market all year. Homes are doing these crazy auctions nowadays where basically the seller is passing off their costs to the buyer on top of making them pay for the house. Offering below isn't really an option. Opening bid is at 450K. A nearby house is a tradition sale with an increased asking price from 580 to 615. A home nearby sold for almost 800. And we consider that cheap around here. The problem is that neither of us are getting down payment help from the parents. The only help we get is my stepdad's commission, which we wouldn't get in an auction scenario.

The other option I liked is underpriced for its area as well, so we would go in at 1k over the asking price which is 450.

I am now up to four houses to look at tomorrow for listed at 450. We make pretty good money together and can qualify for more, but we don't want to be house poor with a baby and needing a new car for me.

I was spoiled after age 8, so hand me downs and thrift shops are not an option for my baby. I would honestly rather stop at one than have the three and give them anything used. SO is the same way. Like today I was watching my step-nephew's soccer game, and that cost the family probably near $500 when the league is all said and done. I've been dirt poor and I've been middle income. I definitely enjoy the latter as does SO.

Dobby as I was reading your post about houses I though " she must be in Cali because it sounds a lot like our market seeing as we just started looking! And there you are right around the corner in San Fran!! We're up near sac! What a small world.

Yup :) SO works for HP in Sunnyvale, and I work near Los Altos. So basically we're looking into Fremont and San Jose since staying close to our jobs means looking at million dollar plus homes and we just are not there in our lives. Where are you looking?

So funny! SO is working in Martinez at the oil refinery for now. I work in Folsom but we live in Roseville and love the area. So we're looking here and up the hill maybe auburn a little. We're first time buyers so we want to stay near 250. Which means we'll have a small house but that's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->