General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gig- I love your duck video. I was telling hubs this weekend if we had land I want ducks again. You've inspired me back to the crazy side! Haha

J- can't wait to hear all about this man.. Especially with gig asking all those questions lol I think she covered them all.

Afm- I forced myself to test because I was positive I would get a bfn and I was over this whole Ttc thing. But I tested and looked about a minutes after ans was shocked! I literally had to walk away and our clothes in the dryer because I thought I was seeing things! I'm very excited/nervous. I'll take progesteron until I get a clear answer from my doctor.

Since I've never done this.. When should I get a blood test and talk to my doctor? I just want to make sure it comes back positive but not wait too long because of the progesteron. In case I need a different kind/ dose.

Mrs, call them today and ask. Every doctor differs so it's best to call and see what their specific guidelines are.

So, I took my last opk today. What do y'all think? :dance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 8
Gig- every person and their body is different but that's how my darkest ones got. So I say positive! Lol

Giggle, yay about your man being on board! Nice duck video too, are the black ones Cayugas? Sorry, I don't have sound here at work, probably better that way :winkwink:

Dob, hurray for your scan! FX for team blue!!!

JLM, who knows, maybe you'll get a live in penis out of this, haha! Have fun with him :blush:

Mrs Green: Huge Congrats, so happy for you!!:happydance:

Looks like a couple of us will be o'ing around the same time, Giggle, Claire and me! Did I miss anyone?

Yup! Sorry if I'm repeating myself...we have 10 cayugas, 1 black runner, 2 fawn/white runners, 4 KC's, one KC/rouen mix, 2 buffs, and the rest are white layers. I never asked, what breeds are in your flock?

J, i agree, have some fun! It's not like he's going to knock you up :winkwink:

I'm happy to be in a legit 2ww with a couple of you at the same time! I'm just sitting here waiting for O pains to hit. Looks like it should be today or tomorrow if that's a positive OPK (done on a 3ish hour hold). That doesn't bode well for team pink though....but i was talking to hubs and i can see how having 2 boys will have a lot of perks, so I think i'll be OK with either scenario.

OMG Mrs G!!!!! CONGRATS
CALL YOUR DOC ASAP!!
He should get you back on progest so you don't bleeeeed!!!
OMG how exciting!!!!!:happydance: YAY Team Yellow!!

It's hard to say, Gigs. Like Greene said, it really can be up to the test and your body. I'd call it not quite positive but expect one soon. Bd for good measure? Esp since you want a girlie

Brb clicking back through to catch up

Oooo J has a mystery penis? Details!!!!

Gigs. So glad hubs Is on board!!! And lol penis in the scan

Greenie, that is definitely positive! Can you ask for a quantitative beta rather than the qualitative test?

PL, hope you catch the eggie this cycle :)

Claire, love FF. I see a link but not the chart thumbnail. :(

Shea, glad you and fiance are re-negotiating the wtt period though!

Brea, thank you! :) just staring at your sig a waiting for those hpts

Gig I second Dobby, that opk is very close to +, could be + later today!
OOOH Exciting...make sure you "get off" at the GIRL Bus Stop :haha:
Actually Gigs you are one hot mama, and I love the hair color! I am just so used to seeing the avatar of Des with just bits of your dark hair that you were like faceless!!!
You and your man are SUPER cute too! And your duck setup is reallly nice.
I've never heard of black eggs:shock: Kinda ...Halloweenish - right on time!
May I also add you really don't giggle in your vids!

Dobs So glad your bleed was nothing problematic! And your Jellybean is so cute already!

Shae Hope you aren't bailing on us anytime soon!? A few more melt downs and you can prob whittle your fiance down to 2016 LOL
But really- when are you all planning to marry? Maybe if it's not so far out then you can start NTNP :shrug:

MrsG Sooo frickin HAPPY for you :dance:
I am really glad you tested and are staying on progest.
You should :telephone: call your doc asap tho, as they will likely want to do labs on you to see where your progest is, and beta, and ensure you are on enough progest.
:hugs:

AFM :dohh: totally auto peed this morning. Woke up tired and crampy, and was more focused on taking all my vits and progest that peeing in the cup.
Holdding a cpl more hours to do a wally cheapie.

Asfor the man, saw him on a dating site, and we have just been chatting away.
He is a dingle FT dad of 8yo daughter. This is cool to me, bcuz my prob is most men have their kids here and there, and when they don't it's party time- and since I am with my 4yo most the week, I need someone that is into doing family things and kid things. So far so good. We shall see...setting the hook ...lemme se if I can reel him in without breaking the line LOL.
I'm not saying a word about the TTC bfp thing, until I know if it's a workable thing.
I'll figure it out once I get past the "danger zone" and know if this is a healthy sticky bean!
:dust:

Sounds like a good plan to me! That's so exciting! I never liked dating. It was so much energy haha

So the advice nurse emailed my doc to ask about progesterone because sometimes they keep you on it your whole pregnancy! Thanks J! The doc is supposed to call me later to let me know and if I need to come in before the standard first prenatal. Advice nurse said no to blood and that if I got a positive then I'm pregnant those are for false negatives. So I'm waiting until the doc calls then I'll ask her fr a blood haha I want the blood test done before I tell hubs

I text my best friend a pic while I was talking to her on the phone and she cried! I just keep thinking its a mistake. Definitely taking another tomorrow!

Giggle, I have mostly Cayugas, love them, they are so friendly. I have a couple of Ancona ducks and a few more random runner ducks that came with the layer flock of Cayugas.

I am off work for 4 days starting Thursday, maybe I should pick up some opks? LOL
I still haven't deceided on a "method" yet.. every day or every other day bd.

PL, I vote every other day. That's what my doctor suggested. Every other day from CD 10 to CD 20, but since you will be confirming O every other day plus each day of your positive opk. Man, I remember when I used to get bd that often. Sigh. i mean I guess it's a good thing our sex life has pretty much died now lol

Greenie, there is no mistaking that line! When do you see the doc? That nurse is a poopie head. <- been hanging around 7 year olds too much

Lol Dobby- I still say poopy head and butthead all the time. My first prenatal appointment is on the phone next week. But I just emailed my doctor basically begging her for a blood test. I'm sure she will approve it. So I'll do that tomorrow.

PL, Cayugas are my favorite :) although the black runner (who we named Tony) has grown on me! I would love to get some Anconas eventually, as well as some silver Welsh harlequins :D but no more ducks until we make sure we can sell eggs...I actually got my first potential buyer contact me today and says she'll pick some up sunday :happydance: anywho, about the opk's....i had fun with them, but probably won't use them next cycle. But i encourage everyone to pee on them so do it!

J!!! HOW DO YOU FORGET TO TEST?! I'm obsessed so it's hard for me to comprehend haha

I don't know how I feel about this Super Girl series. trailer I just saw... =/

Lol J, honestly I like smu better anyway. Have you tested yet?!

Gigs, that's great! Sorry your mini farm didn't work out. Found any black eggs yet? And so glad you got 8 that one day :)

PL, Cayugas are my favorite :) although the black runner (who we named Tony) has grown on me! I would love to get some Anconas eventually, as well as some silver Welsh harlequins :D but no more ducks until we make sure we can sell eggs...I actually got my first potential buyer contact me today and says she'll pick some up sunday :happydance: anywho, about the opk's....i had fun with them, but probably won't use them next cycle. But i encourage everyone to pee on them so do it!

J!!! HOW DO YOU FORGET TO TEST?! I'm obsessed so it's hard for me to comprehend haha

I like the Ancona's too, I can tell them appart! :haha: Congrats on the new egg customer, what I have learned is that if you can make up a duck egg fact sheet people are more likely to try them. People just don't know the differences so are unwilling to try something new.

Dobby: Oh boy, today is CD10! Guess I won't tell that we bd'd 3x on sunday.. ROFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->