General Christmas chat thread!

Ha ha Smartie....we definitely will need to extend or move if they got much more....all their stuff is getting smaller though.

Still got to go to my mum's at some point. Damm covid!

What a fantastic day it was sooo worth it !! Mine had a blast and loved everything !! They were so grateful for everything and couldn’t believe what they got ! So I’m super happy !!

My house looks like a toy shop and they still have more presents to get tomorrow eeek!

Well that is that. Sad to see it go but we had a lovely time and I have to admit, with less stress than if we had had guests!

I hope you ladies all got spoilt by your tribes? I think you certainly deserved it for all the thought and love you put into your family's Christmasses and their presents! <3

DD2 just got in bed and bursted into tears said she really wanted this caterpillar plush toy and santa didn’t bring it !

We did have a discussion about this a few weeks ago and she changed her mind and picked another teddy. I told her she picked another teddy and went and got it . She seemed happy enough when I showed her and put it in bed with her.

I know shes probably over tired and a bit overwhelmed but if I knew she wanted it that much she would have defiantly got it! I don’t know..... bit of a bummer to end the day on. She went to bed happy with a smile on her face , so that’s great ! I just felt sad when she was upset !

She’s still got birthday money left so I am going to speak to her tomorrow when she’s more refreshed and get her it if she’s still wanting it! I don’t usually do things like this but if it’s coming out of birthday money it’s hers to spend on whatever and I just want them to be happy over the holiday !

Last edited:
Aww poor DD sorry she was upset. They are constantly changing their minds at that age. Maybe she could get it out of the birthday money if she really has her heart set on it :hugs:

Aww hope she's okay. They do come out with things like that. I usually suggest money as they get some from family.

My eldest has not once asked for a bike. However she said to me last night, are we going for a bike ride tomorrow? I wish I had a new bike....argh you didn't ask for one!!

In all fairness she does need one so we will look about for second hand. X

Urghhh why do they do it !!

We usually get them the things they want the most too and then if any other little things they didn’t get they get with any money etc ! They did get money too off family so she can use that!

We will see what she’s like they are having a sleep in !

They have forget half the things they got in their grandparents because we didn’t stay that long basically opened and bagged up !

Hopefully a nice Boxing Day ahead with wine , food and chocolates !!

Aww hope she's okay. They do come out with things like that. I usually suggest money as they get some from family.

My eldest has not once asked for a bike. However she said to me last night, are we going for a bike ride tomorrow? I wish I had a new bike....argh you didn't ask for one!!

In all fairness she does need one so we will look about for second hand. X

aww why do they do it to us !! They do change their minds all the time! I hope you get her a bike for the spring / summer .

I looked and the plush isn’t even on her final list !! She will say she forgot haha

Well she woke up and was extremely happy and excited ! She told MIL she got everything she wanted for Xmas ! So I’m delighted again haha !
We are still going to get her the plush toy !

Aww. I found a bike for £20 on Facebook so she agreed to go halves (though I probably won't take her half) x

Sometimes Bev I don’t know if I am coming or going with DD2 she’s just turned 5 and we all know what that stage can be like ! Just happy she’s happy again!

I was saying to DH before we will buy DD2 the plush toy as a late gift! It’s currently out of stock in my area so will wait until after the weekend .

That’s great @c1403 I hope she enjoys many bike rides !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"