Germany?

I can't see images at work bentlee, but your ticker tells me that's your BFP! Brilliant news! So you and Sarah will both be due in November?

Congrats Bentlee!!!
I'm due the beginning of Nov, she might be the end of Nov?

dead chuffed for you bentlee :)
Sarah are you back in Germany now? We move 3 weeks today! argh...

Nope! I think we return in about 3 weeks though :p are you flying into Dusseldorf?

We can go Dublin to Dusseldorf, but Dublin airport is 2.5 hr drive and flights are at v antisocial times, so I think we will go Belfast to Amsterdam. That also leaves us a 2.5 hour drive at the other end, but the times of day are much better for us :)

I'm so jealous of you all...German living in Glasgow...can't wait to move back, but it will be a few years. Are you all liking it there?

That's an awkward question for me, I'd give anything to leave! I don't like it here. :(

oh no! sorry I asked...why are you not liking it? Are you there privately or with the army or something like that?

I haven't moved yet... I'll let you know how I'm finding it next month!

I'm here privately with my husband (he is German and is working here). Part of it is that we live in a horrible small city with nothing to do. But the other side of it is that I find it really unfriendly. I'm not American so where I come from it isn't all fake smiles etc, but I find the change quite dramatic.

My husband says that part of it is they run by a different social code. But I just find it really hard to actually become friends with people. They are so closed off. ((also, everyone is always complaining! which is ironic to say seeing I'm complaining right now ;))).

I know it would be better if I was in a bigger (and better) city. I think this place has a lot of private churches, so they people are a bit dotty anyway.

Huh...you must be in a different part than where I'm from...and I've never even heard of private churches!

Maybe try taking a class at the volkshochschule? They're good for meeting people with similar interests, and they might be a bit more open there?

The funny thing is, while people here in Scotland sure are very nice on the surface, I find it hard to make friends here! :D I find people here in general are a lot more superficial than I am used to...

So yeah, cultural differences and all :(

Yeah, I am at the Volkhochschule. It has definitely been better since going there.
Although I'm the only native English speaker :p. But it is nice, there are a lot of Asian people there which reminds me a bit of home (I'm not Asian but there are a lot of Asians in my country!).

We had a dinner with a few people from the course a few months ago where everyone brought a plate of food, it was delicious, so many Asian dishes! I got my Korean friend to bring one of my favorite Korean dishes :D.

I live all the way up in the north.. an hour up north from Hamburg. And I'm in the tww as well :) Unfortunately I have lite cramps in my belly so I fear that the :witch: will be here soon :(
I live in Hamburg, SO I am not the only Person from the north?

Hi morri :)
I'm in Wuppertal, which I thought was quite north until I was told that it definitely isn't!

Yeah I thought I was right on the border to the west, but turns out I'm basically central!!

Yes it is quite far down south. But that maybe because in England north begins just north of London :haha:

Another German (well, not quite) here :p

I'm originally from the UK, my OH is German and I moved here two years ago to be with him. We've just had our little princess, Lena, who is a week old tomorrow.

I live in a small city called Hessisch Lichtenau which is about 20 or so minutes away from Kassel. Such a nightmare to go back to the UK at the moment - nearest airport is Frankfurt (ugh) and driving takes too long and I've only got a 2 seater smart car!

My german sucks, anyone else? :p

Oh Close to Kassel? Hm Maybe Hannover is closer to Kassel than frankfurt is, but I am not sure. Aren't there any where cheap airliners like ryan air? They tend to go to provincial Airports :haha:.

Congrats on your daughter :)

Hannover and Frankfurt are pretty similar in distance, though easier to go to Frankfurt as I know how to get there and know how to get around the airport. We go with Flybe as they fly directly from Frankfurt to my hometown - a lot easier than going to London.

From what I've heard, ryanair will be flying to Kassel when they finish off upgrading the airport. Knowing my luck though they won't >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->