Gestational diabetes anyone????

EllieJay

Reaction score
((Posting in 3rd tri as I figured more people would have experience here).

I got diagnosed on monday, 18+5 then, pretty early because of family history etc, but I'm finding it hard to find things to eat, everything has SO much sugar in it.

I also find it weird that my levels seem random, not related to food etc, sometimes it's high in the morning, and lower after I've eaten a big meal. Makes no sense to me, seeing as how it's supposed to be after food that I was high (from my glucose tolerance test, resting levels were normal).

Just wondered if any of you could share your stories... how it affected your pregnancy, if controlling your food kept size of baby normal etc...

I'm kind of excited at having scans every 4 weeks 'cause I can see how she grows :D

I've only just been diagnosed. With me wholegrains are fine, no white bread etc at all, I love hartleys sugar free jelly. There's a gd support thread in pregnancy club. Your levels may be high in the mornings as your liver releases glucose overnight to set you up for the day x Gl with it and hope you find a pattern x

i find mine really low in mornings ive got it with this preg and had it with my other as well got induced at 38 weeks she was 7lb and had scan few week back and hes already 5lb 13oz got scan this Thursday to see how big he is im on metphomein to keep his weight down tho the tablets make me wanna puke i find it hard getting the right food as well tho salad is good and they told me to eat pitta bread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->