Get Mrs Cameron using cloth!

Monkeh

Dexter's Mummy
Reaction score
There's a FB group atm trying to get the Camerons using cloth. :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=126429444038433

If I could take that seriously I'd tell you it was ridiculous :rofl:

Imagine... the PM's wife supporting saving the environment in some way... crazy or what? :rolleyes:

Yes, everyone has the right to raise their kids how they like, but from an environmental point of view, and considering the position she is currently in, it would set a great example.

She should raise her kids however the hell she likes.

Her husband seems keen on environment and climate change so... considering 4% of landfill is cloth nappies, it's actually a very good idea and would encourage other mums to do the same. :wacko:

It would, Mr Cameron himself says he is concerned about the environment and many people dont use cloth simply because they dont know about it so if it enlightens them to how easy etc it is AND they get to be SEEN to use more environmentally friendly products its not only good for that but good for his public image...win win!

I can see the point, but I dont think she should feel pressurised into doing soemthing with her baby that she isn't 100% happy about, just because of who she is married to.

There's no pressure in sending her some cloth nappies... furthermore, if nobody pressured each other or presented them with opportunities to change, few would.

I agree with Toria and Lisa. You can't try and pressure someone into doing it. It's not her fault she's married to David 'smugface' Cameron :)

...well, technically, it is since she chose to marry him :haha:

I don't think it's pressuring her either. And it'd make her look good :shrug:

Well, nobody is talking about holding her at gunpoint... just offering her the chance to see beautiful nappies in the hopes that she sees the light! :thumbup:

The thing is if she gets sent some nappies and then doesn't use them she will be frowned upon for not using them, people will say she had no excuse. I am sure she has looked into it before and maybe its just right for her.
Dunno I just feel a bit sorry for her having to live up to peoples expectations with her baby because of who she is married to.

It's part of the territory though, isn't it? It just seems rather ironic that she'd choose to do something environmentally *un*friendly when her husband is so concerned for the environment.

Maybe so, but who knows maybe she uses bio degradable nappies?

It might get to a point of where to stop - is she frowned upon if she chooses to bottle feed because that won't encourage breast feeding which the NHS is pushing...

I still believe she should have the choice regardless of her husband.

ETA - off that FB group
''Caroline BoobyfeedingMultitaskingmumma Carty lets get is lovely wife breastfeeding publicly the new baby too! ''
- see what I mean!

Breast vs bottle isn't an environmental issue though. It's not about what the NHS is pushing, but what her husband stands for.

I agree Lisa, it might seem innocent sending her a few cloth nappies but then people will start trying to get her BFing. Doesn't really seem fair. I'm sure she is fully aware of the choices she has, it's up to her whether she decides to do it or not :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->