Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Hi Everyone! I have been stalking these boards for about a week now and I thought I would take the plunge and get involved!

Name: Kimberley

Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: 2 Months

Reasons for WTT: I was diagnosed in 2007 with rare genetic disorder called Loeys-Dietz Syndrome (LDS) after my father died from complications after removal of a massive aortic aneurysms. LDS is a connective tissue disorder that causes aneurysms, primary in the aorta, but some times in the brain as well. I currently show now signs of developing any complications from LDS since my diagnosis. But it has been 3 years since I had any diagnostic test completed. So we are covering all our basis and having test done to ensure my body can handle pregnancy. So far I have had 2 CT Scans to check for any changes in my aorta and my brain. I am scheduled to have an echocardiogram on May 29th and I see my cardiologist on June 5th. Once that is done I go back to see my geneticist and if everything looks good we are hoping to start trying during our well deserved honeymoon/one year anniversary in Florida!!

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get the "all clear" from all my doctors!

How many children would you like: I would like more than one. But with LDS one is really all I can have.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I want a girl, DH says for him it doesn't matter.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? We are definitely team yellow!

Any names you like? Yes! I have a lot that I like. Though they change all the time!
For a girl:
Elika
Ella
Briella
Ariel
Meridith

For a boy:
Erik
Elliot
Phillip
Bradley
Avery

I try to cap myself at 5 names for each sex! lol

Name: Mandy

Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: roughly 7 months

Reasons for WTT: wanting to wait until after the wedding and give us a little time to settle in as newlyweds. Also give DH a chance to settle into his new job.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: survive the wedding, enjoy the honeymoon, move into a bigger place (maybe even become home owners)

How many children would you like: we're in agreement that we want to have four, though we may adopt our fourth or adopt a fifth.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? We're praying for one of each eventually and I am praying for a little boy that looks just like him XD

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Oh no we're finding out the genders of each as we go.

Any names you like? Tons!
Brian
Alexander
Justin
James
Khenneth
Edward (Eddie)

Alyssa
Alaine
Julie
Heather
Sarah
Erihn
Kendra
Sherry

I've been broody for about the past year... Far too much time on my hands to be thinking about this stuff lol

Hi ladies! I hope it's okay if I join. OH and I finally agreement on starting to try in August. I'm so very excited it drives me crazy. Just found this page and hope to get some good distraction ��

Name: Andrea
Relationship status: longterm relationship with my soul mate

How long until TTC: till August 2013
Reasons for WTT: want to TTC on our Ireland trip, because Ireland is where my soul lies
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: uh... stick to my workout routine, eat healthy enjoy the last few months as a couple......
How many children would you like: 2

Do you have a gender preference? No
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd def. would want to find out but OH doesn't want to.... further discussion needed ;)
Any names you like? Caitlin for a girl, Patrick for a boy ..... still trying to figure out matching middle names....

Name: Jen
Relationship status: In a Relationship

How long until TTC: Start of next year :happydance:

Reasons for WTT: The main reason being that both myself and my partner think we should wait until I am at least 20 (in October), He is 23 (in June). We both live together and have for a year and a half we've been dating for 2 years in September. Plus we are obviously saving up the vast amount of money that babies require for nappies, a cot, pram, clothes, etc, etc, etc :haha:

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Loose 2 Stone and Move house :cloud9:

How many children would you like: 3 to 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Would love a boy first :)

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out the gender :)

Any names you like? Logan and Isabelle :)

Name: Varenne

Relationship status: Long term/engaged

How long until TTC: It could be anywhere from 6 months (yes please. Or less?) to a year (Nooo) or even more (I'd have gone totally nuts)

Reasons for WTT: We're waiting until we own a house. My partner is also unhappy in his job and so wants to change, so we need to go through that. He says we'll talk about it again in 6 months to see where we're at, but that he definitely does want children soon, he just wants to be totally financially secure. We have savings and enough for a house deposit, so it's a bit of a weird limbo we're in.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: :shrug: I'd like to have been eating extra healthily and exercising well for a few months beforehand.

How many children would you like: Two

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Boy, but either completely welcome. I just want a baby!

Finding out the gender or team yellow?
Finding out. We like to be prepared.

Any names you like?
Yes, but I'd hate for them to suddenly become very popular!

Hey, I'm technically "WTT" but long story short is I rejoined after I told a friend about this place. She was pretty nervous so I figured I'd get on again to support her. There's one thing programmed in my head though and that is that I really want a baby one day. I've babysat kids for a while now and though I'm extremely blunt with the girls I babysit now, their parents tell me I'm their favorite sitter. So, a sign maybe?
Also, if they still exist, I would love it if no one delved into my past posts. It's another long story, but I'll just say I had a scare when I was 17 and thought I saw a line but I had to hide the evidence before my parents saw the test (which meant putting it in the bottom of a dumpster near my house before I could get a second opinion.) Also, I was kinda bratty and stupid then.

Name: Rachel
Relationship status: In a pretty new relationship

How long until TTC: Not for a LONG time
Reasons for WTT: Besides being in a very new relationship, I want to finish getting my graphic design bachelors and ensure a steady living situation and income.
I also have several health issues I need to take care of before I even consider. The biggest is my severe anxiety, and when I do decide I'm ready, I'll have to go through a lot to both wean myself off my meds, but also consult whatever doctors I have at the time about me going off my medication during pregnancy.
My biggest scare that's keeping me from trying is the fact that mental illness is a well known fact in my family with bipolar on both my mom and dad's sides, ADHD rampaging through my mom's side, and a higher risk for Downs Syndrome (no cases yet, but me and my cousin's all were in the "at risk" area during one of the prenatal tests that I feel really stupid for forgetting its name right now...) Though I know I would love my baby no matter what, with the knowledge that so many issues are in my family, I would feel kinda bad if my child had even one mental illness. I would feel responsible for the hardships they'll have to endure...
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: School, financial security, and find the right guy (though I really think I found him lol) plus everything I mentioned above :B
How many children would you like: I would love a big family, three at a minimum, but if I do have a child, I think I'll have one and maybe adopt the rest. Depends on where life takes me, really.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love one of each in the end, but I really want a girl.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'm thinking I might find out, just so I can plan ahead better, but I'll probably keep it a secret ;3
Any names you like?
Skylar Fawna for a girl
Skylar Fanan for a boy
No matter what, my first child will be named after my best friend Fawna Sky, who died summer 2009.

Name: Claire

Relationship status: Long term engagement 5yrs!!!!

How long until TTC: 5 months

Reasons for WTT: Our LO will be 2 and I had a very traumatic birth last time. I also have grade 4 endometriosis!

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: lose alittle weight and tone up.

How many children would you like: Four

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Would like either, my LO will love his sibling no matter what.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? I need to be organised so finding out.

Any names you like?
We have a few, but they always change!

Name: Victoria
Relationship status: Engaged :)

How long until TTC: September 2013
Reasons for WTT: OH just started a new job and we recently moved, so we want to get settled
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Finish decorating and save a bit more money

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would like to have 2 boys ideally
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I need to know in advance so I can buy things!
Any names you like? Not sure yet :)

Name: My name is Samantha, I am new here :)
Relationship status: In a relationship for 7 years.

How long until TTC: Just went off of BC 1 week ago.
Reasons for WTT: Cannot utilize work FMLA before April 2014.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Save money, move into a bigger apartment.
How many children would you like: 1-2 (I would really love twins, but that is a different story.)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? - I have 15 nieces and nephews, all of the ones who are here in the United States are girls so I would love a little boy.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out gender, I am much too impatient.
Any names you like? Diego for a boy, Lillian or Layana for a gril

Oops sorry, where is said how long until TTC I should have said, about 2 months!

Name: Elizabeth
Relationship status: Happily married for 7 months

How long until TTC: Waiting until August 2014
Reasons for WTT: I start a Masters in Social Work program in the fall. We want to time things so we have a baby right around the time I'm done with my final internship.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Cimplore the bulk of my masters, h
How many children would you like: 1-2 (I would really love twins, but that is a different story.)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? - I have 15 nieces and nephews, all of the ones who are here in the United States are girls so I would love a little boy.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out gender, I am much too impatient.
Any names you like? Diego for a boy, Lillian or Layana for a gril

**Sorry! I was using my phone before and that last post got messed up! I'm not sure how to delete!
Name: Elizabeth
Relationship status: Happily married for 7 months
How long until TTC: Waiting until August 2014
Reasons for WTT: I start a Masters in Social Work program in the fall. We want to time things so we have a baby right around the time I'm done with my final internship.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Complete my Master's degree (except for 2-3 online classes that I'll have in the summer of '15), hopefully buy a house, save more money.
How many children would you like: 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I sort of prefer a girl first and hubby prefers a boy first... if we had twins of one of each, we would be happy!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out! We love the idea of the gender-revealing cake!
Any names you like? Not yet

Name: Shannon
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: 1 year 8 months
Reasons for WTT: Just had my second baby
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get my drivers license and get a start on building our home.
How many children would you like: 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Not at all as long as its healthy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? team Yellow, Just like both my other pregnancies
Any names you like? If its a girl it will be Zowie and i have no idea of a boys name hehe

Name: Louise
Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: Hopefully next month
Reasons for WTT: Just had third m/c
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: get to know why I've had three m/c
How many children would you like: 5

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? no just a healthy baby
Finding out the gender or team yellow? team yellow
Any names you like? Sylvie and Alexander

Name: Victoria
Relationship status: Engaged :)

Reasons for WTT: OH just started a new job and we recently moved, so we want to get settled
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Finish decorating and save a bit more money

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would like to have 2 boys ideally
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I need to know in advance so I can buy things!
Any names you like? Not sure yet :)

We're going to name our first daughter Victoria :)

Name: Lisa
Relationship status: Happily Married

How long until TTC: Honestly unsure though we have talked about starting to try in October.
Reasons for WTT: Finances (isnt that just about all everyone lol), I'm looking for a better job too.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I'd like to lose at least 30lbs & pay off some debts
How many children would you like: 1 or 2 but 1 is fine.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No we would be happy with either.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? As much as I would enjoy the element of surprise I dont think I could wait! lol
Any names you like? For a girl it will be Autumn Aria and for a boy Aizen (pronounced Eye-Zen) Ari.

Name: Amy
Relationship status: Happily Married

Reasons for WTT: Paying off remaining debt
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I'd like to pay off the last of our debt and try to get a little healthier in that time.
How many children would you like: I'd love two, a boy and a girl.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Doesn't matter, I just want any baby!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'm WAY too impatient for team yellow... I've got to know as soon as possible!
Any names you like? Milo Reed for boy and Audrey Jean for girl

Name: Katie
Relationship status: partnered

How long until TTC: not totally sure yet
Reasons for WTT: lots of weighing out the pros and cons of having more than the 2 we have
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: save a bit more so i can stay home longer :)
How many children would you like: 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? nope
Finding out the gender or team yellow? probably find out
Any names you like? Ada is my fave girl name right now. Boys will take my partner's name, Joe (would be the 6th Joe!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->