Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Hi there ladies!

I am married, have a career and a dog. Husband and I are currently paying down the mortgage. We still start TTC in about 5 years. Quite a long way off I know but I was so floored and happy to find out that there are other women out there who definitely want children but for a variety of reasons are holding off.

For us the following ducks need to be got in a row before we are comfortable bring a little one into the world.
I need to lose upwards of 100 pounds. Emotional eating plus a demanding job don't mix well.

I want to stay home to raise the kids the first few years then only a part time job after that so being mortgage free will help with that.

Hi everyone :)

I'm WTT for first baby, and will be TTC end of 2014! Me and OH bought our first home at the end of 2012 andhave been together nearly 3 years, he's 26 and I'm 21!

Look forward to chatting to you all :) xx

Hello all :)

I have been reading all day after stumbling across this supportive forum during broody google searches :blush:

I'm 23 & OH is 25yo, we've have been together for nearly 3yrs, moving in together within the first 3mo! It felt right, we were both on the same page :thumbup:
Living, finances & have fur babies together. OH doesn't want to bet married, which I'm bummed about but its not a deal breaker.
I've been WTT for a year now, OH is keen, but not so soon.. He is wanting to be 'ready', mainly financially stable. Which is good, I understand that completely. We have a few debts but OH has new job now & I am optimistic, I think we would be fine.. even if we started right away :winkwink:

I have recently come off Implanon BC (Implant) & am back on the pill. I am terrible at remembering it.. If I do fall preg because I've missed pills, it wouldn't be on purpose I DO want OH fully on board before we're preg.

Looking forward to discussing with you all, love the vibe here :hugs:

Name: Janet
Relationship status: Emgaged

How long until TTC: 3-5 years
Reasons for WTT: Getting our own place and waiting until our son (now 2.10 years) is older
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: not that I can think of
How many children would you like: 3/4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would prefer a girl as I already have a DS but it isn't overly important to me
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Yes finding out
Any names you like? Esme, Isla, Isabella, Daniel, Thomas, Oliver...

Name: Would rather remain anonymous if that's ok!
Relationship status: Engaged, getting married in less than 6 months!

How long until TTC: 8 years.. (I know! Long time!)
Reasons for WTT: I wanted to wait until 25 or 26, maybe 27, but OH says 30 is the absolute minimum and he thinks even that is too young to have a baby, regardless of situation, relationship or security. I even suggested trying when HE is 30 (I'll still be 29 on his 30th birthday) and he said no. I have to be 30 too. I have an overwhelming urge to be a mother, but I'm grateful he at least compromised and said we can try at 30. Better than never, but its going to be a long wait...

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: We run a business together, so our aim every year is to increase our overall income. It has gone up a lot since we started just over 2 years ago, and we live comfortably, so we're doing good! We also save most of our money, so I'd like to put a certain amount aside so that regardless of what happens, we know it is there to pay for baby-related items/activities.

How many children would you like: Only 1. I was an only child and OH has 3 siblings, so we were able to look at it from both perspectives and decided we just want 1.

Also, I may not be pregnant but I couldn't resist...

Do you have a gender preference? I really don't mind.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely want to find out. I'm huge on home decorating so I'd love a beautiful nursery based on the gender.
Any names you like?
I really like...
Boys - Oliver, Mason, Samuel, Colton
Girls - Alyssa, Arya/Aria, Isabella, Sophia

Name: Claire
Relationship status: Single (will be using a private donor to get pregnant)

How long until TTC: At least 6 months
Reasons for WTT: Losing weight before I start trying
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Weight loss!
How many children would you like: 2 or 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a boy first and then a girl but one of each at some point would be my dream.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd want to find out.
Any names you like? Lots, I like unusual names.

Name: Tina
Relationship status: Living with my partner, been together 3 years

How long until TTC: 4 months
Reasons for WTT: Last 'just us' holiday booked in December so planning to try after we get back
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get a bit fitter!
How many children would you like: 1 or 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a girl but will be more than happy either way
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Wait until the day!
Any names you like? Holly

Hi all, this is me!

Name: Jules
Relationship status: In long term relationship

How long until TTC: unsure... hopefully some time in 2014
Reasons for WTT: other half isn't ready, we have debt to clear and he wants a better paying job first
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: travel a little bit more together (never had a holiday just the two of us!)
How many children would you like: 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? one of each, but other half wants boys!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Definitely finding out!
Any names you like? Alexander for a boy (OH's choice) haven't talked about girl names but I like Hannah and Erin :flower:

New here!! So excited to find this support group so I don't feel so alone in the waiting period!

Name: Angie
Relationship status: Married for 4 years

How long until TTC: Just 2 more months!

Reasons for WTT: Want to graduate college before having a LO.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Completing an egg donation cycle. Retrieval in October.

How many children would you like:2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? not for the first one, but I desperately want at least one girl

Finding out the gender or team yellow? FIND OUT ASAP! If the tech isn't sure at the regular appointment, I'll pay for another US a few weeks later.

Any names you like? Jackson. Madelyn. Danielle. Joelle.

Hello to all other new people to WTT :) It's so nice to find a corner for us waiters, it's rare to find amongst the flood of people who already are TTC!

Name: Emmy
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: Unsure
Reasons for WTT: Waiting till I have financial/work security
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Pay off everything that isn't rent and other regular bills :) I'd also like to know how to not go mad waiting!

How many children would you like: One is a good start

Name: Kristi
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: A few months
Reasons for WTT: Tracking Ovulation
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: House cleaned out!
How many children would you like: 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Girl. We have 2 boys.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I would like to say Team Yellow, but don't know that I can be that patient!
Any names you like?

Name: Anjelica
Relationship status: married for 9 1/2 years

How long until TTC: 6 months
Reasons for WTT: I am waiting for tax season so that I can get my tubal reversal done and then I can ttc one month after that.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I am trying to lose weight one to be healthier for my future pregnancy and so my bmi will be at least 30 or under so I can be healthy also for my tubal reversal and to be able to pay 1,000 lest for the surgery.
How many children would you like:we have 4 already we aren't sure yet how many more just know that I won't be retieing my tubes.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I want a girl and dh wants a boy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Iwant to find out the gender
Any names you like? for a girl Sophia Amelia, and for a boy Juan Miguel

Name: Jen
Relationship status: long-term relationship

How long until TTC: January 2014!
Reasons for WTT: Financial
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Charting, prenatals and preconception counselling
How many children would you like: 3-5

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? We're both swaying a little pink
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Probably finding out :)
Any names you like? Nuh uh not telling. These names are my best kept secret!

Name: Jade
Relationship status: Relationship

How long until TTC: 2 months (Nov 2013)
Reasons for WTT: Weight loss and work (partner is Army)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: weight loss
How many children would you like: 3/4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No already have a girl so a boy would be nice but its OHs 1st so happy with either :)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I wanna stay yellow but I dont think I am strong enough
Any names you like? Names still unsure like different/ usual names... x

Thought I'd do another one of these, seeing as I'm returning under new circumstances!

Name: Beca
Relationship status: Married (since 7th April 2010)

How long until TTC: 9 months to a year
Reasons for WTT: I only had my daughter just over a fortnight ago and I want to heal properly and enjoy her before trying (well ntnp!) for no.2! Plus it gives DH a chance to get his driving license and look into getting a job he'll enjoy!
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Enjoying our daughter. Getting some part time work.
How many children would you like: 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I'd love to have a little boy next, but I know that I'd be happy with another daughter (though she'd be pretty much nameless as we don't agree on any girls' names apart from our daughter's!)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd do the same as this time and ask at the 20 week scan but leave it at that, even if they can't tell then!
Any names you like? Idris Cai for our first son, don't have any girl's names!

Beca :wave:

Updating again! Now wtt for number 3!

Name: Beca
Relationship status: Married (since 7th April 2010)

How long until TTC: at least 18 months
Reasons for WTT: I only had my 2nd daughter a fortnight ago and I want to heal properly and enjoy her before trying (well ntnp!) for no.3! Plus we need a bigger property and some more money before a third is a viable option!
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Enjoying our daughters. Getting some part time work. Moving into a larger house.
How many children would you like: 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I'd love to have a little boy next, but I know that I'd be happy, though very disappointed at first, with another daughter (though she'd be pretty much nameless as we don't agree on any girls' names apart from our daughter's!)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd do the same as the last 2 times and ask at the 20 week scan but leave it at that, even if they can't tell then!
Any names you like? Idris Gwydion for our first son. Don't have any girl's names- it was hard enough choosing this time! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

Hi, brand new over here and figured this was as good a place as any to put my first post! :winkwink:

Name: Mandy
Relationship status: been with hubby for 10 years, married for almost a year :D

How long till TTC: Was April 2014, now august 2014 :cry:
Reasons for wtt: Mainly financial, now with a new job starting soon, having to wait for my first years contract to be made permanant.
Anything to accomplish while wtt: want to get back to the healthier, happier place I was last year! (Ie, back on the exercise bike and toning exercises, and eating healthier again!!)
How many children would we like: 2 possibly 3 but most likely 2
Gender pref: would both love a girl (daddy's little princess!) But just a happy healthy baby is the priority!
Finding out gender or team yellow: Team Yellow (though not sure if hubby agrees!)
Names: for girl, Amelia Ivy (after my gran) and for boy possibly Connor David (in honour of both our dads)

Here's hoping the next 11 months goes nice and quickly!!!!!!!
Mandy xx

Name: Melody
Relationship status: single (lesbian)

How long until TTC: One month!
Reasons for WTT: Using a donor via AI and my cycles are 40 days long! :cry:
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Hopefully increase my firtility as much as poss and better my health.
How many children would you like: Totally? 4 or 5

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I haven't decided lol :wacko:
Any names you like? I'm really into fantasy novels so... Arigon? My poor child lol

Name: Ashley
Relationship status : with oh for 10 years :hugs:

How long until ttc: until oh gets a job ( was made redundant)
Anything u want to accomplish : I would like to lose a bit of weight so I feel a bit healthier
How many children would u like: 2 or 3

When pg....

Do u have a gender preference: both of us would like a boy but not too fussed either way
Finding out gender or team yellow?: 100% finding out could never be that patient lol
Any names u like?: I like Isaac David for a boy and Eva or shae for girl

So glad I have found this thought I was the only crazy broody person that exists! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->