Getting To Know You ...getting to know all about yoooooou

Name: Louise

Relationship status: We have been together 8 years and married just over 6 months

How long until TTC: April 2017

Reasons for WTT: Want to enjoy our honeymoon in Florida first :happydance:

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose a few extra pounds and get our place cleaned out.

How many children would you like: Ideally it would be 2 children boy and girl but 3 if we end up with 2 of the same sex :thumbup:

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I wouldn't say a preference but I am swinging towards a girl as I am used to looking after my nieces, not sure if I would know what to do with a little boy.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? I sometimes think I want to be team yellow but DH absolutely wants to find out the gender and he is very convincing with he's reasons, We are such big planners and I will end up going crazy not knowing!

Any names you like? Yes, we have a whole list of girls and boys names. DH and I have very similar tastes luckily so this has been easy to do. Lets hope that ds or ds suits one of the names we have listed :haha:

Name: Kirkley
Relationship status: Engaged to the absolute most wonderful person.

How long until TTC: we begin in october 2018
Reasons for WTT: we are trying to make it so that i am due after my summer clinical practicum for nursing school. :) and just to have a nice "last summer" of adult fun before a baby comes!
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: maybe lose a bit more weight. i've recently lost 25lbs. i'd like to have a nice summer and enjoy my "freedom" because getting out and about is easier with a toddler.
How many children would you like: this will probably be our last... though i sometimes think i could do one more. idk. he says this is the last hahahahah.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? i want a boy. really bad. but obvously i just want a baby.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? definitely finding out.
Any names you like? Oliver and Ellory. :)

Name: Kirkley! (and he is Cameron)
Relationship status: engaged! :) but living in sin lik an old married couple:haha:

How long until TTC: he's deciding whether we want to do JULY!!! (THATS SOON) or october. (boo) haha
Reasons for WTT: trying to work the date i would be due around my clinical portion of nursing school :p
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: nothing really. i was losing weight but i've put that aside for now to enjoy my summer.
How many children would you like: we have one living and i've one i lost during pregnancy. we are hoping for one more, but if we dont get a boy we MAY try again... he's unsure about that bit. but at least two living children is the goal,

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? boy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? finding out for sure. i can never wait.
Any names you like? Oliver Jeffrey Arnold Westhaver and for a girl we like Ellory (ellie) and Andromeda (andi) and i personally live olivia (liv) but he isnt a big fan. i hope its a boy because we love our boy name. :haha:

Name: Ksfirefly
Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: Now
Reasons for WTT:
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:
How many children would you like: 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No
Finding out the gender or team yellow? ?
Any names you like? Yes we have some!

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I feel a little silly being here, but I had a "scare" a couple of days ago when I was 4 days late, and it got me thinking a lot about being a mommy.

Name: Christina
Relationship status: Long Term Relationship (cohabitating)

How long until TTC: indefinite
Reasons for WTT: He's 17 yrs my senior and is unsure if he'd like more kids, but he's considering since I've always dreamed of being a mother. His kids are mostly grown so it would be starting over for him. Also, he would like to wait until we're married which is totally reasonable.
How many children would you like: at least 1

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No preference
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I'd like to know ahead of time
Any names you like? Our conversations of this get me angry every time. He throws out names of Greek gods and I feel like he's not taking it as seriously as me (even though he says he's serious, which is even more infuriating). As far as my preferences, I prefer more classic biblical names.

I'm new to the forum (my baby fever is out of control) so I figured this would be a great first post!

Name: Jen

How long until TTC:
Planning to go off the pill at the end of the year and start trying early 2018

Reasons for WTT:
Hubby and I celebrated our first anniversary in April and I knew I wanted to have a couple years of just us and take a couple big trips before any babies arrive. We had a blast in Bermuda this year and are hoping to go to Europe next year. I also wanted to establish myself in my job first, which I started in January.

We're in a good place. Though I don't see us raising a family in our current home, it would be fine for a baby early on. I would like to move to a bigger home in a better school district within the next couple of years though. I think the next thing on my list is to work out a budget and save for maternity leave. Travel is definitely on our list, but we can do that while TTC.

How many children would you like: 2-3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?
Not really, though I'm used to girls, I'll be happy with healthy babies! One of each would be ideal.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? I need to know!

Any names you like? Victoria (it's my middle name), Rose (after my grandmother), Maya, Sienna, and Christian for a boy.

Name: Bee
Relationship status: Engaged

How long until TTC: Not sure. At this point, could be within months. Could be a year.
Reasons for WTT: We need a bigger place first, and want to be sure we're financially ready. We only have two bedrooms, and the baby's room is too small for a second baby. So, we want to at least be searching for a three bedroom (or two bedroom with a DECENT sized second bedroom) before we start.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Moving!! Also, getting better at budgeting.
How many children would you like: 3 or 4

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I'd like to think I don't... but honestly... I'm kind of hoping we have at least one boy and another girl. (we already have one girl)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? We'll probably find out.
Any names you like? Alexander

Name: Bethany
Relationship status: Long term relationship

How long until TTC: 27 more days, not that I'm counting
Reasons for WTT: We just needed to work out some fears and decide on timing
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Not anything unrelated to TTC.
How many children would you like: 2 probably?

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Yes and no. A healthy baby but if it's a girl, she'd be the first girl of all my friends who are already fighting over who will get to spoil her most.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? There's no way I'd be able to wait to find out!
Any names you like? Felix for a boy. Not sure for a girl but family middle name would be Ann.

Name:Kaylae
Relationship status:Married

How long until TTC:We will try next month since the dr gave us a go ahead
Reasons for WTT:Medical reasons
How many children would you like:Twins

when pg...

Finding out the gender or team yellow?
Any names you like?

Name: Julie
Relationship status: Married for 4 years this September

How long until TTC:2-3 months (End of October, November..depends on my cycles and whatnot as I have PCOS)
Reasons for WTT: Timing. I wanted to have the summer to relax and have fun. I also have to plan a bit ahead because most likely I will have to take Femara.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I'm in the process of losing weight so I would like to be down at least another 15 pounds.
How many children would you like: 2...possible 3.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope. Just a healthy baby :)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out for sure.
Any names you like? At the current moment. Boy: Finn Girl: Alessandra..Both are not set in stone yet though

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I wanted to cry when I discovered that Waiting to Try forums were a Thing. I've been suffering alone with no one to talk to about it and I am beyond thrilled to find a group of people in the same boat!

Name: Jessica

How long until TTC:
Hoping to start TTC within the next year.

Reasons for WTT:
Finances. My husband and I are both Type-A planners. We waited 8 years to get married so that the timing would be just right. Now, we've been married a year (and our 10 year dating anniversary is coming up in a few months!) but we're WTT until we're in better shape financially. My husband works as an adjunct professor so there is no job security and the pay is horrendous. He wants a full time job before we try so we have more financial stability.

We won't be able to purchase our own home until my student debt is forgiven in 5 years, but we'd like to move into a better apartment/townhome since our current landlord sucks. We'd also like to save a bit more.

when pg...

Not really. I've always wanted a girl, but I work with mostly teen boys and think I do really well with them.

Definitely find out the gender!

Any names you like?
Yes, but I'd like to keep them private. I tend to like old-fashioned names and names of book characters. I have tons of girl names picked out, but really struggle with boy names.

Name: Jade
Relationship status: in a relationship

How long until TTC: 2 years
Reasons for WTT: my partner is in the Navy and is being stationed 4 hours away from home, the plan is to wait 2 years and he should hopefully get a choice on moving back to me, if he doesn't get the choice I'm. Going to move up near his parents during this time I will also be working on becoming a driving instructor, we have agreed on hopefully 2 years time as I've told him I won't be having children past 30 years old
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: pass my driving instructor courses and establish a good business my partner wants to buy a couple of houses as well
How many children would you like:
I currently have 2 from a previous abusive relationship which he's not around anymore, I want at least one more maybe two depending how I feel at the time
when pg...

I desperately want at least 1 boy in my little family but of. Course not end of the world if that doesn't happen although I have told Oh we will be trying for a boy until my uterus drops out 😂
Finding out
Any names you like?
If a boy James as its partners middles name and he said there's a tradition, girls I'm not really sure

Name: Kait

How long until TTC: We are hoping for the end of Spring.
Reasons for WTT: My Husband hates owing people money and doesn't feel financially stable no matter how much he actually is stable, if he owes money. We are wanting to pay off our wedding rings at the least before trying, as well as a few other small bills we owe.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: We already have a 3 bedroom home, but I would like to get my drivers license (I know how to drive, just don't have a license :( ), possibly look into buying another car, as well as paying off our rings and possibly a bed we got last year. We are planning to pay a lot off with our taxes, and buy some baby essentials as well.
How many children would you like: We are both fine with 3 but if it ends up like my mom and aunt (both had 3 boys first, then a youngest girl (me!)) and we have 3 boys I won't be able to resist seeing if we end up with a final girl!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? We both want a girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out!
Any names you like? For a girl, we both want Dovey or Dove as a nickname. It is his grandmothers name and I really really love the name. For a boy, he wants a J name but we are still tossing ideas around.

Relationship status: In a marvelously stable and healthy relationship with a wonderful 44yo man.

How long until TTC: Possibly two-ish years, but still deciding due to a lot of life we are getting figured out. :)

Reasons for WTT: Getting finances and housing settled. Hypothetically working out the ideal order of events in our lives... heading toward a cross-country move and nailing down my ability to work from home (writer.)

Do you have a gender preference? No

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out

I'm so glad to have found this forum! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all on this journey :)

Name: Alex

How long until TTC: hopefully mid-late 2018
Reasons for WTT: my work...
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Just enjoy the time with my husband before we add a little one to our family
How many children would you like: 2-3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Probably find out....
Any names you like? Yes, but prefer to keep them private at this stage :)

Name: Charlotte

How long until TTC?: Hoping to TTC in November/December this year, so 9-10 months, eek!!

Reasons for WTT?: 1) Hubby wants more time to "live life" together before we start a family 2) Waiting for the sale of our house to go through 3) Need to find and buy the new house

How many children would you like?: 2 maybe 3

Do you have a gender preference?: I'd love a girl but I'd be delighted with either

Finding out the gender or team yellow?: I think we'll probably find out, I do like the idea of a surprise though

Any names you like?: I've got a handful of names that I like for each gender but these will probably change over time! I think the best plan would be to have a list of names that we like and see which suits the little one when they're born

Name: Jenna

How long until TTC: N/A
Reasons for WTT: Health issues
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: weight lose, possible hypothyroidism
when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No but hubby would like a boy
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out!
Any names you like? Violet for a girl

Name: Tei
Relationship status: Married for 9 years, in relation with my husband for 12 years.

How long until TTC: 1-2 months
Reasons for WTT: hypothyroidism, my hormones are not very stable. Since January it started to deteriorate, then i had too much hormones and a TSH of 0,16 feeling very bad etc. not yet the best time
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: get my hormones stable, get fit - already lost 3 kg, 2 more to go. get enough time of folic acid treatment
How many children would you like: i'd like 3. My husband was very scared of the idea of children. So we reach an agreement and decided for 1.

Do you have a gender preference? we'd both want a girl, but it doesn't really matter.
Finding out the gender or team yellow?yellow
Any names you like?Zelda if she's a girl, haven't decided yet for a boy

Name: Kristin

How long until TTC: Not sure exactly but I am hoping within the next year, 2 years at most

Reasons for WTT: DH is finishing up grad school while working full time and would like a break after that before having the responsibilities that come with children.

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Go on a few trips, save more money, and continue working on myself (getting more fit/healthier and self development)

How many children would you like: Not decided yet but at least 2

Do you have a gender preference? It changes all the time which I think I would prefer

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Find out

Any names you like? I have a few in mind but I come up with more boys' names than girls' names. I would also maybe name a boy after my father who passed away last year.

Name: Jamie

How long until TTC: 1-2 years
Reasons for WTT: we want a bigger house before we TTC #7 ( it’s our second together but #7 all up I have 2 kids from a previous relationship and my husband has 3 kids from a previous relationship)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: we would love to buy a house of our own
How many children would you like: just 1 more I think a total of 7 is enough 😂

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? We would like a girl but happy either way
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Most likely find out
Any names you like? Nothing set in stone yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member