Gift for student midwife?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
I've had a student midwife follow me from antenatal appointments, she came in at night to be there for my delivery and has been doing my postnatal checks. She is a lovely person and I was thinking of getting her a card and small gift but apart from sweets I wasn't sure what was appropriate? She has graduated and will be finishing her placement part in a few weeks so is job hunting but not sure if I want to highlight that.

Has anyone any suggestions or am I overthinking it?

I always just get chocolates and biscuits! My midwife was really pleased, I think any gift from a sleep deprived new mum is amazing!

Agree with above. Wish I'd got something for my midwives, they were all amazing :)

Any of the above, or cupcakes?

Or what about some pish hand lotion? I know midwives and nurses often complain ir dry hands because of all the hand washing they have to do x

Chocolate and things are nice but I usually nervously steer away from buying people food items, as I'm always conscious of the ever-growing dietary requirements/allergies/intolerances of the population, haha!
I think it's different in a hospital because they can always just get shared around and stuff, but if it's for someone specific then I try to make it a bit more personal/safe..!

Maybe something that she can use, but that is still really thoughtful - like a nice Delivery Record book where she can keep a record of all the baby's she delivers as a qualified midwife :)

I got my community midwife a box of chocolates, a small bottle of prosecco, a nice thank you card and a mid year diary ad she was complaining hers was falling apart. She was super lovely though.

Watching this thread! My midwife has been with me through 2 babies, she's awesome. She's pregnant herself so I don't think junk food will be a good idea.

I'm not sure of your budget, but what about a nice thank you card and a gift card for a manicure/pedicure or a spa treatment? She may enjoy being able to pamper herself.

I ended up having a busy weekend so didn't get to the shops I wanted. I ended up getting her a nice candle, hand cream and small box of chocolates. Unfortunately it was a different midwife who visited and discharged us but she rang the next day to say thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->