Gift Ideas for Dads?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
I need some Gift Ideas for my dad and my FIL I have no idea what to get them this year.. What are you guys getting for the Dads ? :thumbup:

Booze. :) I usually just do consumables for Dads, especially my FIL because I generally have no idea what to get them.

OHS dad gets a case of beer every year. He has done for the last 7 years. He is so difficult to buy for and OH doesn't really help with ideas.

My dad wants a new mouse for his computer, so he will be getting that, and fil has every single thing he could possibly ever want or need, so I have no clue! Seriously, you can't even buy him slippers, as he probably has 7 pairs stashed away somewhere.

the Dads are so hard to shop for!! lol

Agree dads are hard! My dad will get a bottle of booze and some aftershave probably.

OH's dad is the worst. He will likely end up with a B&Q voucher :lol:

:haha: Dad's are hard!! My Dad is getting wine gums, aftershave and a box of ales from a local brewery

OH's Stepdad is getting a muc off bike cleaning kit and a tog24 t-shirt xx

I always struggle with my Dad! His hobby is golf, but I think he pretty much has all the stuff he needs for that.

He likes food. Last year I got him a gift voucher for a restaurant, but don't want to do the same thing again. He's also diabetic, so have to be careful with too much sweet stuff. I found Hotel Chocolat do a low sugar box of chocs, so might get that, but need something else to go with it.

Maybe a bottle of wine to share with his wife, and some socks or something. He's so hard to buy for!

When our dads were here we went for kid related things, dvds, food or drink they liked. Dh dad was into model cars so things to do with that.

My Dad usually gets the same gifts every Christmas as I never know what else to get him!! He gets a bottle of Jameson Whiskey, a book voucher, voucher to replace his printer toners & some pringle socks, I also get him & Mam a calendar from P*otobox with some nice pics of their 4 grandkids, Mams are so easier to buy for !!

My dad is hard, but only because his hobbies are so expensive. This year he's getting a camera to take hunting. He'd rather take pics of the deer than shoot them. He'd love a GoPro (he loves gadgets), but I can't spend that much. I usually spend a lot more on my mom than on dad, but this year it's going to be opposite.

It seems like the theme for Fathers is Alcohol lol. which is a good idea. My dad doesnt drink much, I may get him something for his kitchen.. though i did that the last two years, ugh I have absolutly no ideas this year what so ever!!

I totally for got too that we need to get SFIL a gift :dohh:

We've bought a fleece lined cardigan for hubby's dad as he tends to use them as coats during winter :)

If my dad was still around we would have probably got him new dr martin boots :)

Previous presents I've gotten my dad -

A full brew your own ale kit = still sat in his garage un opened

A fire pit for his garden = used once in 2 years

Mini allotment set = still in the box

Custom tshirt with his favourite car on it = spilled curry down it within a week

Full skelextric set which cost a fortune = used once, by me

This year he's getting socks!!

My dad normally gets jeans or trainers, FIL this year is getting a voucher for Turkish barber for haircut and hot towel shave. Also getting framed pic of boys that got done by photographer. FIL birthday is week after Christmas and is getting electric toothbrush as he commented he wud like one

FIL is getting a board game, my own dad no idea :dohh: I'm thinking booze again maybe ?

Poundland are selling these very festive red wooden beer crates this year, stick in his favourite bottles and job done.
https://www.poundland.co.uk/christmas-mens-present-crate
I did the same with a crate from home bargains last year
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0132_zpsa5a1ed2b.jpg[/IMG]

Dads are definitely harder than mums!. I'm getting my mum and dad a joint present of Sarah Millican tickets, then my dad has recently got into cooking so I'm going to get him a slow cooker and cook book and a picture of the kids.

FIL will be getting a dvd boxset, bottle of vodka, sweets and picture of the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->