Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i hope none ur children have red hair with that attitude!!thats how bullying begins. i agree, if the post were made about dark skin etc, there would be an uproar. why should this be different. i have freckles. does that make me unattractive, creepy or less than?? beauty begins on the inside. it doesnt matter what u look like, if its not on the inside, the outside is extremely ugly. as corny and cliche as that sounds, its true. i hope to teach my child this attitude, rather than the superficial bs that seems to be everywhere, not just this forum.

That said... the red hair/pale skin is a dominate gene. You'll love your baby, even if it has bright red hair and freckles! :)

Just to clarify, red hair is NOT dominant, it's actually recessive. If you don't have any red-headed relatives (including auburn and strawberry blonde), odds are that you don't carry the gene and you won't have a ginger baby.

A ginger man with a brown haired woman who carries the ginger gene have a 50% chance of having a ginger baby. A ginger man with a woman who doesn't carry the ginger gene cannot have a ginger baby. In both scenarios all of the children will at least carry the ginger gene, meaning you could have ginger grand-children.

My DH has red hair but my son is blonde like I was as a child. He did seem to have reddish hair when he was born though but it lightened. I know it's probably meant in good humour but I find threads like this a bit sad. Why does a child's hair colour matter? It certainly wouldn't bother me if my son had turned out red and if my 2nd does then I certainly won't mind. The only thing that will worry me is other people's attitudes.

Ginger hair is RECESSIVE not dominant, you both need to have the gene for it which is unlikely if there's no ginger in your family. I wouldn't worry about it, but I know what you mean, I wouldn't want my baby to have bright ginger hair either in case he was picked on for it. A boy particularly. x

My DH has red hair but my son is blonde like I was as a child. He did seem to have reddish hair when he was born though but it lightened. I know it's probably meant in good humour but I find threads like this a bit sad. Why does a child's hair colour matter? It certainly wouldn't bother me if my son had turned out red and if my 2nd does then I certainly won't mind. The only thing that will worry me is other people's attitudes.

Im guessing that's why she doesn't want her baby to have ginger hair, can't imagine anyone would wish them one way or another for anything other than their wellbeing.

i think there are more important things to a person than their hair colour:shrug:.

i'd also be worried if my child knew what i thought of their hair colour if they were ginger, as i think it could start insecurities about themselves and thinking they are less attractive than others which is wrong :nope:. children worry so much these days from young ages about what they look like, their weight etc so i wouldnt want to create an issue before its even begun :shrug:.

there is nothing wrong with ginger hair, but then again i know kids can be so creul to eachother. i'd go mad if i knew my child was picking on another child for their hair being ginger :growlmad:.

its also very offesnsive to say that children with ginger hair and freckles are creepy how are they creepy im confused :shrug:.

lets hope you dont have a child with ginger hair and freckles knowing you'll be scared and creeped out by them everyday :dohh::growlmad:

theres people with genuine worrys about serious things like their LO's growth, heart beat, illness's etc. and then their are people worrying about their LO having ginger hair jheeez!!!!!:dohh:

A child can learn 'differences' from nursery, day care, school, the park. Anywhere. They could even pick it up from people yelling on the street. They will begin to distinguish from one another once a group of them are put together. And ginger IS in fact a major bulls eye for many children. Carrot top, ginger dragon, ect ect. You cannot say a child will never learnt to tell the difference in people until they learn it from their parents.

I totally agree with you that these differences can be learned from anywhere, I guess I just wrote what I was thinking wrong. What I was implying is that we, as parents, should encourage our children to be accepting of everyone regardless of the way they look. It's up to us as adults to shed old stereotypes and treat others respectfully. That is the behavior that we can teach our children. Maybe I am imagining some sort of utopia, but truely believe we are all made beautifully. I grew up outside of Detroit and was, and still am, shocked by the way suburban people describe anyone who lives in the city. It is a shame that anyone could treat anyone poorly because of the way they look.

Also you and your OH are very attractive, not creepy.:thumbup:

Ah I follow! And i completely agree on parents having influence. As mummies, or mummies to be, its our job to make sure our LO's don't bully, or have any negative preconceptions! We just have to work extra hard to counteract the peer pressure and such xD

I don't think its fair to not want a ginger child, in case its bullied too. I know if ours pops out even slightly ginger, we will get grief. But, I plan to use it to my advantage, and teach my child how to not take it to heart. I know some ginger people who are so carefree, they are amazing to be around! They don't flinch when someone prods fun at them, and can generally give it back twice as good! I hope my child is like this. Proud to be different!

I was so badly bullied and also beaten up fpr ym hair colour at school, but when I look back the bullies were either fat or insecure of things I could pick at on them, but I wouldn't because Im not a horrible person like that, so what if your hair is ginger, blonde, blue, green or bloody pink doesn't make you a person or a laughing stock. I get really annoyed when ppl slate ppl woth ginger hair. Its sactually a proven fact that its the most paid for colour in hair saloons for women to have done. If its that bad why are all these people paying to have there hair that colour?

Ok, Ewan ginger hair, absolutely gorgeous, and lovely colour hair and guess what a celeb with ginger hair

Lindsay lohan, she has amazing ginger hair, Id kill to have mine as dark as that. Use to be when I was at middle school

Attachments

• Ewan[1].jpg
    Ewan[1].jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
  • imagesCA2JEC9J.jpg
    imagesCA2JEC9J.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm naturally light blonde, OH is dark brown but my dad, younger brother, and half brother are all ginger! So i suppose my LO could be ginger, but that doesn't matter? I'd love my LO popped out with blue skin and pink hair, surely everyone feels like this? I don't see how you can care about the colour of your childs hair! They're genuine people worrying about serious issues involving their LO, and your sat there worry about the fact they could have ginger hair? Oh dear, :nope:

I don't think the thread is really any different from saying you'd like a boy or girl, like it or not a lot of kids get bullied for having ginger hair. my wee cousin has it and he's lovely but I joke with my oh that if my baby is ginger he better run. its a joke as long as my baby is healthy that's all that matters

TBH whether your child will be ginger will be hit and miss.
My OH is ginger although like someone posted further up the colour has faded and gone a bit nothingy as he got older.

My daughter is ginger

*pic removed*

I don't think she is creepy looking but I am biased :lol:

My son on the other hand is blonde, with maybe a tinge of red in the right light

I used to get offended by threads like this but it doesn't bother me any more TBH

I didn't want Jack to be ginger, I mean real ginger and pale as boys do seem to get picked on for that, if he was he is still my son and I love him.

Me and Emily are lucky that she has never been picked on for her hair colour, but that is because I have taught her to be strong and independant and how to deal with any comments she gets.

At the end of the day any hair colour is the luck of the draw and when you see your baby for the first time you just won't care, although you will have to invest in bucket loads of factor 50 suncream :lol:

I will think he/she is beautiful regardless obv I just really hope bub takes after me :haha: :) xx

You mean takes after you by having unprotected sex with people they find unattractive just to satisfy their genitals, and then, as an adult, goes on to make fun of these people's appearances...despite being the very person breeding these traits into the population? Yeah, I think we need more people like that. Hope you get one of those rather than a redhead! :thumbup:

Even if they have Red hair they will be gorgeous! ill post a pic of my we cousin Ruby shes soooooooooooo cute im gunna have to do it on a seperate post cause I dont know how to work this site properly. Ill name it response to Ginger :D x

Wow some people's hormones are in severe overdrive on here! Everyone hopes for a healthy happy child and when all is said and dome you would be happy no matter what your child looks like. Couldn't the same negative things be said toward anyone saying they prefer to have a specific gender baby? You can twist anything someone says and throw it back at them. Especially when you don't know them and can't really tell what they mean by written words as apposed to spoken words. I use the word creepy in my everyday vocabulary about tons of stupid stuff. I LOVE my red headed son and I would not change a thing about him. I have freckles and my DH have freckles and I think they can be very cute on people, however I do not want my kids to be picked on if they end up like some kids who have more freckles on their face than their regular colored skin. My DH has a huge birthmark on his face and was tormented in school and I do not want my children to go through that. Even as an adult people make horrible comments and I get VERY angry. I know I would be worse if stuff was said about my child. I have had 3 babies die and I would NEVER wish that on anyone. I want them here with me no matter what they would have looked like and I doubt their is any mother out their that wouldn't want the same. Everyone wants a healthy baby and everyone worries about one thing or another. Sometimes it's just nice to guess and joke about superficial things in order to not dwell on all the horrific things that can go wrong.

Tbh, it didn't offend me, but can totally understand why people would be.

I have dreamed and wondered about how our baby will look but preferences of hair colour etc really hasn't entered my head. As many ladies have said, all I want is my baby to get here safely and be a happy healthy bouncing little bub :)
My friend has just had a little girl with bright ginger hair and she is beautiful. Hair colour is far from my mind tbh.

xx

There are worse things your baby could have. Red/ginger hair is gorgeous. The bullying thing is an excuse as most kids are teased about something in school at some point, it makes them stronger.

Bullying does not always make people stronger. What are the suicide rates among teenagers?

Very true. The "popular guy" in our Primary school was dark ginger and yummy. Well I thought so at 11 years old, I used to doodle his name in my diary and go all shy when his mum would talk to my mum by the gates! :haha: ;)

And you can't just think ginger child = bullying, that's absolutely absurd.

Jo - your daughter is beautiful

xx

people always have a preference ie boy or girl, hair colour, etc it doesn't mean they wouldn't love there baby. I don't get the big deal and think this thread has been blown out of proportion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"