Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Pixie, good looking lad he is :thumbup:

We should so do it Jac, do you think we should check with the Ants or just go for it babyy!

ahh the Ants wouldn't mind as long as they could watch! :rofl:

Wow, insinuating the OP is a callous slut is way out of line. I agree, it's probably no different than wishing for a specific gender etc. I don't think many people feel badly about their child because of their hair colour. The OP is entitled to express her hopes and wishes for her baby too. Some people hope bubs will have their eyes or their partners olive skin etc. I think there is a bit of ginger baggage that people are carrying around, ready to offload on the first person who mentions it.

Wow, insinuating the OP is a callous slut is way out of line. I agree, it's probably no different than wishing for a specific gender etc. I don't think many people feel badly about their child because of their hair colour. The OP is entitled to express her hopes and wishes for her baby too. Some people hope bubs will have their eyes or their partners olive skin etc. I think there is a bit of ginger baggage that people are carrying around, ready to offload on the first person who mentions it.

Where the hell was this said? Because I missed it!:shrug:

I disagree, completely. This is really insulting to those with red hair, and those who have children with red hair. And I'm not just talking about OP here, I'm talking about other posters who were horrible about it too. They were almost suggesting red hair is an abnormality that shouldn't be wanted or encouraged. I thought it was pretty sick tbh.

People are making out like its a deformity!

If OP didn't want a red haired baby she shouldn't have conceived with a red haired man.

EVERYONE has natural ginger in their hair.
Sister is ginger, BIL is brown. Nephew and niece are blonde.
Baby's can be born ginger, doesn't mean they will be ginger in a couple of weeks

On a cheery note, i'm a red head and my OH is too. He was adopted but stayed with foster parents for the first 6 weeks of his life, his now adoptive parents got a call early on saying 'it looks like he's going to be a redhead, do you still want him??' we can all laugh about it now but blimey!! That was 1971!!

I've never fancied red heads before but it was obviously meant to be, i love being a ginger and i always have, i'd never ever want to be anything else and i can't WAIT for our bundle of ginger loveliness to come into the world! :)

Wow.. I think hormones have officially taken over :shrug: The OP didn't say anything about loving her baby less because of it's hair color, just said she would prefer if her baby took after her hair color.. The same as if we said well I hope the baby has my green eyes, or doesn't have my fair(see through) skin :shrug:

I think the only person who was over the line was a later poster who said something about red haired/freckled kids being creepy.. that's more than a little rude. But to attack the OP/all but call her a slut just because she would prefer her baby take after her and not dad? :shrug:

That being said, I think ginger babies are a-DOR-able! In an ideal world we could keep our children from being bullied, but bullies will always find something to bully over whether it's hair color, glasses, weight, height, grades etc etc

Now tell me you wouldn't be thrilled to see this first thing every morning :thumbup:
[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/scanned007.jpg/][IMG]https://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2006/scanned007.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

omg! nomnom Im officially in broody overdrive lol.

When our son was born he looked ginger. But he turned dark then bright blond, we never know what he would have ended up with as he died suddenly - what I'd do to have him back, hair colour is nothing :cry:

100_1085.jpg

Im ginger so is my son. He is the most beautiful thing.
Your baby could be the uglyist thing, but to you s/he will be the most beautiful baby in the world

Sorry to hear that Hayley. He was a real sweetie though : ) xx

if op thought she could post this thre4ad and not think the may cause offence then i dont know what planet shes on...

oh yeah i do! planet shallow!

I dont know how that thought could even cross a mum to be's mind wether she likes ginger hair or not, maybe i have just wanted my pregnancy longer and harder than her after all i have been though with my conception issues but i just couldnt imagine wishing for a certain hair colour and to be honest i cant identify with gender disappointment either (before people jump on that one!) Personally i glad to have this chance and i wont beleive my luck until the baby is safely in my husbands arms, healthy and contet regardless of any features it may or may not have, its a baby not a toy.

Iv read this thread and its pissed me right off.

To me, your being raciest!

You wanna go to Great Ormond St and see the kids there, then you tell me you got to worry about hair colour you ignormaious!
You wanna be greatful your pregnant, with a healthy baby, let alone what F-ing hair colour its gonna have

Personally I think this is pretty pathetic to 'put down' ginger haired people like some seem to be doing. Its actually bordering on offending.

lol this made me chuckle we are both dark brown so fingers crossed we don't have a ginger baby I just don't like ginger hair sorry :))

How do you think this comment may make people with ginger hair or people of kids with ginger hair feel? A little Offending I think:growlmad:

I think I'd be more concerned that your baby is born healthy with all its bits rather than his/her's hair colour!

Oh my god absolutely!

Btw- that lil ginger turned out to be QUITE a stunner 18 years later if I do say so myself :thumbup: (he's my cousin so I may be partial :shrug: )
[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/gradw.jpg/][IMG]https://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1672/gradw.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

He wasn't too creepy as a toddler either :happydance:
[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/wagont.jpg/][IMG]https://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2661/wagont.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

oh my ... he is rather lovely :p

my hair is naturally strawberry blonde ish.. everyone used to comment on my hair as i have blonde, brown and very ginger streaks, and depending on the different lights it showed up different colours! and now my little sister is the same!! <3

its possible my baby will be ginger with my strawberry-ness and babys daddy having a ginger beard.. (not sure why his beard is ginger and his hair is blonde but it is..) and after seeing some of you ladies pictures id love for my little girl to be a redhead.

there is some serious cuteness in this thread <3 ladies dont let the 'haters' get to you!!

if someone said I don't like brunettes or green eyes it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't believe for one minute that the op would love her child any less if they had ginger hair, I think its a touchy subject to some people but it doesn't make the op a horrible person

at the end of the day as long as our babies are healthy that's all we wish and pray for

i'm a ginger, and DH has dark brown hair. i really hope she gets his hair. i dont want my baby to be a ginger, but not for looks! because i dont want her to be teased her whole life growing up for her hair color like i was. of course healthy is best. but i also want the best for her, and i dont want her teased, it is really bad for self esteem and depressing. i dont want that for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"