Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well great.... I shall take my own ginger hair, and my ginger son and go into hiding. Wouldn't want to offend anyone...

that's funny you should say that because my husband keeps saying he hopes we have a red haired baby and I too think it is beautiful. We have a good chance since red hair runs in my family and though his hair is dark brown, his beard and even leg hair come in fully red.
also I have to disagree that the US favours red hair, they have something once a year called "kick a ginger day" that started from south park, and resulted in a huge anti bullying campaign here in north america due to 'ginger' kids being abused by classmates at school. It's so silly the things we think of to pick on others for, rather sad.

i live in the US and we have "hug a ginger" day, but i have never heard of an actual kick a ginger day (other than south park). personally i dread hug a ginger day because i am a ginger and i hate being hugged by strangers lol:haha:

hug a ginger... wtf? Thats just as bad IMO! Imagine if there was 'hug a black person day' or a 'hug an asian day' :shock:

Agreed, its another way to single people out.

This thread is so stupid IMO, I think being ginger is the last thing you should be afraid your child should be, considering how many parents have children with health problems or whatever else.

Get over yourself..I really hope you don't have a ginger child as well, as your negative attitude about ginger hair is bound to have an effect on their self esteem

I have a non-ginger man (dark brown hair) and I am definitely a blond/almost brunette. Our son has red hair and pretty pale skin, but not the typical bright red hair and almost albino-white skin.

That said... the red hair/pale skin is a dominate gene. You'll love your baby, even if it has bright red hair and freckles! :)

And actually, the red hair gene is recessive, and must be present on both sides of the family to apear in the child. And don't worry; I'm one of three, and the only ginger, so you may not even have to 'worry' about it... Isn't ignorance a wonderful thing?!

Well great.... I shall take my own ginger hair, and my ginger son and go into hiding. Wouldn't want to offend anyone...

Looks like it's either that, or you risk being insulted/kicked/hugged whatever else. Again I have to say it.. such a stupid thread..

(Be proud of your hair colour though, I've spent years dying mine red, natural would be so much easier! :flower:)

There are some seriously beautiful children posted on this thread. To be honest when I saw this post I didn't really get it, the only thing I could think of was when I was about 7 I had a crush on a neighbouring boy, who was red head with freckles. I still remember what he looked like he was a gorgeous child. Turned into a gorgeous teenager too. Redheads are gorgeous!

I spoke to my oh about this last night, as I was surprised about how much this had caused such a stir...he was picked on at school because of his red hair. He ended up trying to fight everyone and got expelled from his school. It's no wonder children are like the way they are if their parents encourage them to be so shallow. Big up the Ginger massif : P xxxx

im surprised this silly thread hasnt been reported and closed by now :( its horrid and unfair.

it doesnt take many brains to work out that a thread you are about to post will probably offend lots of other members..

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this post!!! (I am ginger btw) :rofl:

I've come into second tri a little early, because since the scan, some of the posts in first tri don't seem as relevant to me, but also as it's nice to read some more light hearted threads, after all the MC and bleeding fears in first tri... What a contrast when you come across a thread like this :haha:

I think you're worrying about nothing, like others have said, the gene is recessive (my dad is red head but neither of my 2 brothers inherited it), Our little boy is blonde as blonde so he definitely hasn't inherited my gingerness either :haha:....having said that, my 'half' sister is ginger too - what can I say? - our mum obviously likes ginger men! ...Besides that though, I don't think you will bat an eyelid even if it was born red head.

If you're going to worry about having a ginger child, I would only look at it from the point of view of the prejudice they could potentially get at school and from other kids. Some of the ridiculous comments I had to deal with, 'ginger minge' etc etc - that's my only reservation about our next child being red-headed - how they deal with taunts from other idiot children, as I was always very sensitive about it as a child.

also I have to disagree that the US favours red hair, they have something once a year called "kick a ginger day" that started from south park, and resulted in a huge anti bullying campaign here in north america due to 'ginger' kids being abused by classmates at school. It's so silly the things we think of to pick on others for, rather sad.

omg, you have got to be kidding.... this is the most ridiculous CARTOON. It is extremely offensive to most who watch it and those who do know that it is foul adult "humor". As an American citizen and teacher I can assure you that we don't have "kick a ginger day." In fact we spent much of our year and a lot of US dollars explicitly teaching about *anti-bullying.

try googling it I can "assure you" that it was all over the news and in fact was a huge issue in canada as well. There was one child who came home full of bruises from being beat on all day long. It was a huge facebook contraversy as well, glad that it was not a problem at your school.
PS I have never heard of hug a ginger day :S

Ok I know it's terrible but I really hope my baby isn't bright Ginger :-S I have dark brown hair, black eyelashes & brows etc. FOB is Ginger, eeek. I know ur gonna say- well u went to bed with one so they can't be that bad but it wasn't a romantic thing at all!! He was a really good friend & we kinda overstepped the mark. Anywho, anyone have a Ginger man & not a Ginger baby?? Lol :p

yes it is terrible! clearly you have not met my amazingly beautiful 'ginger' haired daughter with the most stunning blue eyes u will ever see, how very rude of you to say such a thing and anyone who agrees, practically racist if u ask me!!! whats the difference if your skins black or your hairs red??? ANGRY!!!!!!! WELL I REALLY HOPE YOU DONT GET A GINGER CHILD IF ITS SO HORRIBLE TO YOU

Wow! There's some serious hormones going on in this thread!! At the end of the day its just HAIR COLOUR!!!! Personally, i've always wanted a baby with dark hair and dark eyes but so far i have 3 blue eyed blondies and will probably get another but if i said i don't want another blonde baby would people pounce on me the way they have the OP? Everyone has their "ideal" baby in their imagination whether it be hair colour, eye colour or gender but i don't believe for a second that they will love their child any less if it doesn't fit their wishlist. I have lots of things that i 'hope' my children won't be, not for aesthetic reasons but because i want their lives to be as easy as possible! I have a son with Asperger's and when i see him suffering day after day because of the horrible children at school picking on him it breaks my heart. I really really hope that none of my other children have to go through what he does but kids will always find something to be nasty about and as parents we just have to do our best to let them know that we love them no matter what!!

would just like to say that my GINGER son is THE most delicious little boy ive ever seen! and yes i am bias, but seriously, hes gorgeous! he would be gorgeous with brown hair, he'd be gorgeous with blonde hair, but he is even more gorgeous with his ginger locks!!! i love 'em!!!!!! gorgeous complexion, gorgeous eyes gorgeous hair, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous GINGER baby!!!!!!!!!!! now all you haters, go do one!!!

The OP probably could've phrased her thoughts a little more gently but not everyone wants the same thing for their children. No need to spaz at each other. I read it more as "I'm not really with the baby's father and hope my baby looks more like me than him."

(Unrelated: red-haired women can be absolutely gorgeous...Alyson Hannigan = wow. And honestly, I'm hoping that our baby is dark-haired like FOB and me, rather than blond like so many of our family members. Conversely, he's always wanted to be blond and probably hopes baby will be, although I haven't discussed it with him. What people want for their families varies widely...and surely there are more controversial things we could yell at each other over teh internetz for than hair color.)

Just wanted to mention the OP decided to go to another thread and call everyone who didn't agree with her psychotic :shrug:

I dont think your child will have red hair. Personally, i am jealous beyond jealous when it comes to redhaired babies. I always loved them. From Chucky on the Rugrats to my handsome husband. I was sure to get my redhead baby. My ohs family is riddled with them. But for me? I get none!!! 5 of my babies have my dark brown hair. Our last has blonde hair with red brows and lashes. I think that is as close as i will get. This one will most likely will be dark haired too. I dont think for a min that you wont love your child.

Lol maybe girls can pull it off a lil bit better but Ginger boys..... No. I'm team yellow & I'll be asking at the birth if it's a Ginger not girl/boy lol :p Kidding x

Red haired and excessively freckled children can be a little creepy. Does anyone know when a kid would get tons of freckles?

These two comments are specifically over the line, from the mother of a beautiful ginger boy. Hormones aside, they are just offensive.

Whoops, I missed that part, sorry.

Hehehe NP, Honestly I orig said pretty much the same thing you did, she wasn't saying she would love the baby any less, just preferred if the baby took after her... But yeah, after she took off to another thread and literally called everyone here psychotic I pretty much lost my urge to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"