Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have blonde hair and my partner does too, but he has a fire ginger beared LOL, does this mean he carrys the gene or how does that work?

My DH and I were both bright red when little...his turned brown mine blonde. We have a son who was bright red for a long time and is slowly getting blonder....

Tell me this kid doesnt totally rock???

https://i53.tinypic.com/sqrvia.jpg

https://i55.tinypic.com/9a0qpv.jpg

Just be happy when you are holding your baby, alive, screaming and breathing... like so many of us didn't get the chance to do.... :nope:

I can understand people not wanting their children to be teased in school, but let's face it, it's going to happen. We were all there. I was teased because I wasn't skinny. The skinny girl was teased because she had freckles. The non-freckled kid was teased because his teeth weren't straight. The girl with straight teeth was teased because she wore glasses. The kid with perfect vision was teased because his mom drove a cheap car. The kid whose parents drove a nice car was teased because he had frizzy hair. The kid with beautiful hair was me, and I was teased because I wasn't skinny......

It just doesn't end. Every child will be teased for something. As parents we can ache for them and teach them to be resilient, but we shouldn't wish that they were something different.

My DH and I were both bright red when little...his turned brown mine blonde. We have a son who was bright red for a long time and is slowly getting blonder....

Tell me this kid doesnt totally rock???

https://i53.tinypic.com/sqrvia.jpg

https://i55.tinypic.com/9a0qpv.jpg

Just be happy when you are holding your baby, alive, screaming and breathing... like so many of us didn't get the chance to do.... :nope:

Your kiddo totally rocks. :) I'm so sorry that you lost your little one only a few short days ago. *hugs*

I have blonde hair and my partner does too, but he has a fire ginger beared LOL, does this mean he carrys the gene or how does that work?

i'd say its possible! both my parents had dark brown hair... but they both had the gene somewhere in their family! and me and my sister came out gingers. from what i have heard unless both parents carry the gene, it wont happen though! so if it is somewhere in your family too, it could happen!

that's funny you should say that because my husband keeps saying he hopes we have a red haired baby and I too think it is beautiful. We have a good chance since red hair runs in my family and though his hair is dark brown, his beard and even leg hair come in fully red.
also I have to disagree that the US favours red hair, they have something once a year called "kick a ginger day" that started from south park, and resulted in a huge anti bullying campaign here in north america due to 'ginger' kids being abused by classmates at school. It's so silly the things we think of to pick on others for, rather sad.

i'd say its possible! both my parents had dark brown hair... but they both had the gene somewhere in their family! and me and my sister came out gingers. from what i have heard unless both parents carry the gene, it wont happen though! so if it is somewhere in your family too, it could happen!

Ooooh, ginger kids are so cutieeeeee :hugs:

Ok I know it's terrible but I really hope my baby isn't bright Ginger :-S I have dark brown hair, black eyelashes & brows etc. FOB is Ginger, eeek. I know ur gonna say- well u went to bed with one so they can't be that bad but it wasn't a romantic thing at all!! He was a really good friend & we kinda overstepped the mark. Anywho, anyone have a Ginger man & not a Ginger baby?? Lol :p

Urm, well, it never really crossed my mind. I lost a baby, and I worry everyday whether my baby has a HEARTBEAT rather than ginger hair :growlmad:

i cant believe this thread has caused arguments :cry: people have there own opinions. i honestly think bnb ladies need to start being a bit more mature your going to be mums soon (if not already) people have there own opinions if you dont like the thread dont read it simple really.

and to the op i dont like ginger hair either i used to go school with a girl that got picked on all the time and i wouldnt want that for my child.

I think you and the original poster need to be a little more marture quite frankly. The ginger hair bullying is school playground antics. You are going to be parents soon, I think you need to think about what values and beliefs you're passing on to your children - afterall the bullys in the playground learnt it from their parents!

FAT kids get picked on more than ginger kids actually, there was a poll in a national reputable newspaper recently. Kids with funny accents get picked on, kids with different skin colour get picked on, kids shorter or taller, fatter or thinner get picked on, you are very nieve saying you don't want a child with ginger hair because you don't want it to get picked on, chances are it will get picked on for something else!

Deary me. I think a few of you need to apologise to every lady on here with a ginger baby for insulting their babies! HOW offensive! And 'lol' was not really appropriate. And yes, it is very possible you will have a baby with ginger hair, my bf has a ginger fella, well more auburn, and their litle boy is the brightest, most beautiful red head I have ever seen.

Personally I think this is pretty pathetic to 'put down' ginger haired people like some seem to be doing. Its actually bordering on offending.

lol this made me chuckle we are both dark brown so fingers crossed we don't have a ginger baby I just don't like ginger hair sorry :))

How do you think this comment may make people with ginger hair or people of kids with ginger hair feel? A little Offending I think:growlmad:

I think I'd be more concerned that your baby is born healthy with all its bits rather than his/her's hair colour!

Totally agree Jac!! My LO is ginger and I'm proud of the fact. There's a lot more things in the world going on than worrying whether you will have a ginger child or not! And to be honest I do get annoyed when people comment negatively about it. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but this thread is bordering on bullying gingers!

also I have to disagree that the US favours red hair, they have something once a year called "kick a ginger day" that started from south park, and resulted in a huge anti bullying campaign here in north america due to 'ginger' kids being abused by classmates at school. It's so silly the things we think of to pick on others for, rather sad.

omg, you have got to be kidding.... this is the most ridiculous CARTOON. It is extremely offensive to most who watch it and those who do know that it is foul adult "humor". As an American citizen and teacher I can assure you that we don't have "kick a ginger day." In fact we spent much of our year and a lot of US dollars explicitly teaching about *anti-bullying.

that's funny you should say that because my husband keeps saying he hopes we have a red haired baby and I too think it is beautiful. We have a good chance since red hair runs in my family and though his hair is dark brown, his beard and even leg hair come in fully red.

i live in the US and we have "hug a ginger" day, but i have never heard of an actual kick a ginger day (other than south park). personally i dread hug a ginger day because i am a ginger and i hate being hugged by strangers lol:haha:

I am actually surprised the amount of people with prejudices there are here. No wonder some kids grow up being bullies if their parents encourage them!!

I am actually quiet shocked!

Kick a ginger day?? I have never heard of that. Sounds like the only people that are stupid enough to be doing that are the ones that are stupid enough to watch that show. I have seen that show before and its is awful and disgusting. Those producers must be really stupid to actually put that in the show, when obviously there are tonz of morons out there that will actually copy what is done on it.
I dont think most Americans are like that towards red heads!! A lot of guys actually prefer red heads! And when I was in Jr High there was a girl I was so jealous of and I copied her every hair do and outfits(haha I know) and she was a red head, all the boys liked her. So really red heads arent that common but I havent noticed any difference in the way they are treated in the U.S. ,Boy or girl, now that I think of it most red heads here are actually more popular in school, lol

I just don't understand why a pregnant lady would be worrying so much about their babys' hair color :nope: Its just not important. :shrug: I'd hate to be that shallow, life must be so boring when all thats important to you is superficial :nope:

I was bullied in school for being short, then I got bullied when my ladies appeared one summer and i went from a AA to a DD and everyone said I had a boob job :dohh: oh and i ALSO got bullied for having freckles and long hair... (guess i'm a freak :haha:)

My husband noticed me because i'm little, big boobies, got "super cute" freckles and long hair.. :haha:

kids are a-holes when it comes to bullying..

And btw to ANY poster on here who says ginger hair is not attractive.. I think my brother has hunted out nearly every true fiery red head in the county (and probably the neighbouring two counties too) to have a love affair with - he thinks they just don't compare to us boring brunettes and blondes, so what a pile of nonsense!

My DH has a mole on his chin and was bullied all through school for it, in fact, he was bullied one night in the pub when we first got together for it.. funny that the tw*t doing the bullying was the ugliest, chubbiest idiot i've ever seen in my life, and that he had nothing to say when I grabbed my DH to go home for a night of "better entertainment" :winkwink: and left the stupid twerp in a pub ALONE..

Without starting or encouraging the ongoing row on here, if a white girl posted on here she had a one night stand with a black guy and hoped the baby wasn't black/bi-racial coloured etc. i imagine all hell would break loose so I can see why some people are upset :shrug:

EDIT: I hope that it's any lady that's worried about hair colour has already had the anomaly scan cos with 3 days til mine nothing's crossed my mind except that my little princess is safe and healthy in there :shrug:

I was bullied in school for being short, then I got bullied when my ladies appeared one summer and i went from a AA to a DD and everyone said I had a boob job :dohh: oh and i ALSO got bullied for having freckles and long hair... (guess i'm a freak :haha:)

My husband noticed me because i'm little, big boobies, got "super cute" freckles and long hair.. :haha:

kids are a-holes when it comes to bullying..

And btw to ANY poster on here who says ginger hair is not attractive.. I think my brother has hunted out nearly every true fiery red head in the county (and probably the neighbouring two counties too) to have a love affair with - he thinks they just don't compare to us boring brunettes and blondes, so what a pile of nonsense!

My DH has a mole on his chin and was bullied all through school for it, in fact, he was bullied one night in the pub when we first got together for it.. funny that the tw*t doing the bullying was the ugliest, chubbiest idiot i've ever seen in my life, and that he had nothing to say when I grabbed my DH to go home for a night of "better entertainment" :winkwink: and left the stupid twerp in a pub ALONE..

Without starting or encouraging the ongoing row on here, if a white girl posted on here she had a one night stand with a black guy and hoped the baby wasn't black/bi-racial coloured etc. i imagine all hell would break loose so I can see why some people are upset :shrug:

EDIT: I hope that it's any lady that's worried about hair colour has already had the anomaly scan cos with 3 days til mine nothing's crossed my mind except that my little princess is safe and healthy in there :shrug:

:thumbup: Very well said, or someone started a thread about 'fatties', and 'ooo how i hope my kid doesn't grow up fat'. So childish.

i live in the US and we have "hug a ginger" day, but i have never heard of an actual kick a ginger day (other than south park). personally i dread hug a ginger day because i am a ginger and i hate being hugged by strangers lol:haha:

hug a ginger... wtf? Thats just as bad IMO! Imagine if there was 'hug a black person day' or a 'hug an asian day' :shock:

I hate "hug a ginger day" :grr: Like I want a load of randoms hugging my daughter!! no frigging thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->