Ginger baby???

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also said she pities our children :nope:

See what happens when I show up at the tail ends of threads...
That sucks. Sorry, guys.
For what it's worth, browsing back through the thread, there are some adorable red-headed children in here. So cute!

Wow, insinuating the OP is a callous slut is way out of line. I agree, it's probably no different than wishing for a specific gender etc. I don't think many people feel badly about their child because of their hair colour. The OP is entitled to express her hopes and wishes for her baby too. Some people hope bubs will have their eyes or their partners olive skin etc. I think there is a bit of ginger baggage that people are carrying around, ready to offload on the first person who mentions it.

Where the hell was this said? Because I missed it!:shrug:

It was Evales post back a page form your original post.

I guess some people will always see red hair as being a less desired trait given that there is a negative feeling towards that trait. Everyone feels differently. I am in the healthy baby camp. I would just be happy to have my baby born and stay alive at this stage. This doesn't mean that the OP can't have her preferences. My friends loves her hubby but openly wishes bubs doesn't get his nose and jokes about saving up for plastic surgery. I don't think this makes her a bad person as I don't think wishing for a particular hair colour does.

in the US they refer to red head girls as "firecrotch"'s...i dont like the idea all our babies might be called that one day =/

in the US they refer to red head girls as "firecrotch"'s...i dont like the idea all our babies might be called that one day =/

I've never heard that. Not that I think it's a nice thing to say, but I've definitely been called much worse in my lifetime!!!

I have heard the name firecrotch. Honestly... I find it kind of... Okay, well, I wouldnt mind if I was called a firecrotch given the rit occasion lol. I dont see it as mean. I see it as desirable. Obviously I dont want to think of my daughter as desirable to someone, but there are much raunchier names that are given every day.

Im bright ginger with white skin and lots of freckles, I was bullied at school, but now I love it, im hoping my baby will be ginger, its unique , Im not being bigheaded but im very pretty, I was a model aswell!!!

Neither me or DH have ginger hair, but it must be in our genes as our LO is a red head, but to me he is gorgeous. He has the biggest blue eyes as well, I think no less of him because of his hair then I do of my eldest who has dark hair. As your child you should love them no matter what and just be happy they are healthy.

i think ginger babys/ children are soooo cute! my younger brothers are ginger

xx

wow, juat wanted to say that all the children on here with red hair are gorgeous, i think red hair is lovely and would be proud of any child of mine that had red hair... i would be sure to tell them everyday how wonderfully beautiful they are and how i love their hair to build their confidence and prepare them for any bullying they may come against...

i think it is silly that anyone would be 'worried' that their child might be ginger when there are so many other things that could be wrong, i couldnt vare less as long as my babys heart continues to be inside me and she/he comes out healthy and happy...

i understand very slightly if someone is gen uinelyworried about their child being bullied but as others have said children can be bullied for anything, my daughter is beautiful and hs long blonde hair and beautiful blue/green eyes and gorgeous creamy complexion but she wears glasses... and already at 8 i can see the anxiety she has at having to wear them to school, she is so beautiful, she really is yet she still gets comments for a pair of glasses,which are a nice trendy pair at that!!! its just silly but something most children will have to deal with no matter what.

i have to agree with what some other posters have said also that i thing saying 'i really dont like ginger hair' or 'ginger hair and freckles are creepy' or that you dont want your child to have ginger hair is stupid and shallow... and ur negative views will rub off on ur children and they will become the bullies, am sure u will be very proud of that!!!

its just a hair colour, blonde, brown, black or ginger/red... what difference does it really make.... think some people need to get a grip and realise how lucky they are and what a blessing their child is whatever colour hair they have.

First of all, this is shocking to read! I agree with one OP to say that this is considered almost racism! Yes, everyone does have their opinion but to cross of the line of offending just doesn't cut it. To call the freckles creepy just makes me :growlmad:. I live in America but my background is Irish German. Mom is one of 13 and mostly all my aunts and uncles have the beautiful Ginger hair. Mom came out with way blonde and the Irish green eyes. No hint of her sisters and brothers hair. Now mom passed the blonde hair, green eyes and ofcourse the famous amounts of freckles. But I so desired the Ginger hair because I think that it is the most beautiful color. Best friend has the ginger hair. I am more jealous that I didn't get it. I married a dark haired man so no chance that it passes to my children which is a bummer. I am more jealous of women, children, and even my aunts and uncles that have it. DH even told me that if I had a ginger headed sister, I would have had a fight on my hands because he loves them and thinks they are gorgeous and I have to agree with him. All you women on here that have this beautiful hair, I am so jealous of you guys and would love to have my children all come out with this exotic hair which is what I call it. I have tried to die my hair ginger and it didn't look right. It turned pink! :haha: All children do get picked on for something so to single out this beautiful hair color is so wrong. I had long beautiful blonde hair to my bottom, I was skinny and have green eyes but I got made fun of because teeth and growing up, the bullying turned into pimples so there will always be bullying!

it is definitely easier being an adult ginger than it was a kid...the only thing that bothers me now is the steroetyping... just because i have red hair and freckles everyone calls me irish girl... i have no problem being irish! but of everything i am, i am the LEAST irish. mostly norweigan and welsh. to me it just seems kinda like if someone has dark skin and hair they MUST be mexican. which is definitely not true.

Same thing was posted on the other thread as well by the same member.

*sigh* You know, I just wish people would be happy with a healthy baby. I'm sorry if I'm getting offended, but my LO has a heart problem. Ginger hair is the LEAST of my worries. Some people pray and pray for a healthy child or just to have a child. It's so shallow to be worried about ginger hair.

No need at all to drag another thread into this one--that causes more problems than anything else!

Edited: I've removed the posts linking to the other thread (in both of them). Crossing threads like that is only got to cause more issues and hurt feelings. If you have something to say, say it on the thread (in a respectful manner) or PM the person in regards to it, no need to link it into other threads. If you can't get on with someone than use the ignore feature.

i have a red headed baby but not a redheaded husband if that counts! red headed babies get comments everywhere, about how cute his colouring is etc etc, id rather have a baby that is his individual self than a baby that blends in anyways!

surely comments about hair colouring is the racism????

children are blessing and beautiful regardless of hair colour

im gobsmacked that in this day and age there are people so shallow to care about the colour of a childs hair....:nope: disgraceful

I haven't read all of this, the first and second pages, but I have to say, I am really offended! The amount of trauma I went through when I was at school from people not liking my hair colour and bullying me was unbelievable!! I suffered constantly from people being so closed minded. It is awful this kind of judgement against a bloody hair colour!! My son is red headed and he is o beautiful!! One of the best looking babies ever (and I'm not being biased...loook:)

247062_10150629029485515_640515514_19081485_950052_n.jpg

but...what I am saying, basically, is shame on you for being well, bluntly, racist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->