Girls with Endo............. :-) :-) :-) :-)

Is the dye part to check the tubes arent blocked? as I didn't have that when I had my lap, not sure why as it would have made more sense for them to check that while they were in there. I remember the consultant saying try for 6 months and then they'd do more investigation and I am hoping that won't mean another lap as it was horrible and I ended up spending 3 days in hopsital after my last one. I am hoping I might have had some luck before I go back in march, if not I am hoping they don't make me wait for a year of trying because I think i'll go crazy if that happens.

Unfortunately I think I have had endo for years before it was diagnosed because I've always had really painful, really heavy periods but they just kept putting me on the pill and I think that masked the problem. 5 different pills and the implant later they then decided that actually it wasn't normal to be having these problems and did an ultrasound. Its annoying because I did suggest it could be endo about 2 years back because my sister has it very severely, luckily for her she had a child some years ago before it got really bad for her.

If TTC naturally doesn't work soes anyone know what the other options are? Sorry to have so many questions but I feel so in the dark about all of this. I spent years trying to avoid getting pregnant, now when you want it to happen it's really hard. I am 25 so hoping I've started young enough for them to be able to help me out.

Hi princess. Yes the dye checks your tubes but they didn't do this during my lap either. They were just looking for cause of pain at the time. Wish they had checked them now!
Not sure what they can do to help us conceive apart from usual fertility methods like clomid and ivf. Plenty of people don't need it and get pregnant naturally though. it's also in your favour if you had endo removed. Gl x

Hi princess. Yes the dye checks your tubes but they didn't do this during my lap either. They were just looking for cause of pain at the time. Wish they had checked them now!
Not sure what they can do to help us conceive apart from usual fertility methods like clomid and ivf. Plenty of people don't need it and get pregnant naturally though. it's also in your favour if you had endo removed. Gl x

Well I am hoping that it will stay as natural rather than resorting to anything else, I think my endo isn't as bad as my sisters, but I'm not sure what the adhesions mean as she's never had that, obviously they separated the ovaries and womb but not sure if that leaves any permanent damage at all.

hey girls , I might see if they can do the dye in my next op . Dunno if they can with it not being key hole ?! x

I'm not sure either!worth finding out though as they may as well do that whilst they're in there,makes much more sense!

Hi ladies,

Can I join you all? I just had lap surgery Thursday. Still in some pain. I had some pain recently in my right ovary area and had no success conceiving. I have been diagnosed with stage 3 endo. Two solid cysts in the right ovary, none in the left. Scarring that was removed and an emergency appendectomy while under. Oh, and various small cysts they found while in me. The hsg was clear. My right ovary was attached to my pelvis. They unattached it. My post op and consult for treatment is this Thursday. The doc told OH that he gives us three to six months of trying before he wants to do ivf. Which we can't afford. Any suggestions???

Hi ladies,

Can I join you all? I just had lap surgery Thursday. Still in some pain. I had some pain recently in my right ovary area and had no success conceiving. I have been diagnosed with stage 3 endo. Two solid cysts in the right ovary, none in the left. Scarring that was removed and an emergency appendectomy while under. Oh, and various small cysts they found while in me. The hsg was clear. My right ovary was attached to my pelvis. They unattached it. My post op and consult for treatment is this Thursday. The doc told OH that he gives us three to six months of trying before he wants to do ivf. Which we can't afford. Any suggestions???

Hi Labmommy and welcome!
Sorry you had to undergo the lap and problems during...Hope you get less pain now. Endo can cause problems with ttc. I'm on cycle 14 and still no BFP.
Can you get IVF treatment on the NHS?..... If you have to go private you could maybe look into egg sharing?.. You donate some of your eggs to someone else and get a significantly reduced cost IVF yourself....

Thanks Floofy. What is NHS? I haven't heard of it yet. I will ask about egg sharing at the dr office. Good luck to everyone here!

Thanks Floofy. What is NHS? I haven't heard of it yet. I will ask about egg sharing at the dr office. Good luck to everyone here!

Sorry lapmommy, are you from the US? The NHS is Britain's National Health Service. Some parts of England give you 'free' IVF (1 or 2 goes)
Good luck to you! :hugs:

Ah, that explains it. :) The only NHS I had heard of here is the National Honor Society for high school students earning good grades lol. Yes I'm in Illinois. I take it you are in Britain. For that, I would move there. OH got laid off three weeks ago so I hope he finds a job where fertility is covered and I can dump my insurance and go to his.

Ah, that explains it. :) The only NHS I had heard of here is the National Honor Society for high school students earning good grades lol. Yes I'm in Illinois. I take it you are in Britain. For that, I would move there. OH got laid off three weeks ago so I hope he finds a job where fertility is covered and I can dump my insurance and go to his.

Oh sorry your OH lost his job. Hope he finds something soon :hugs:

Labmommy, before you go straight to ivf it might be worth asking your doctor about clomid. It's way cheaper :)

Hi guys,can you get clomid in the uk and what does it do?I think I need something to sort my crazy cycles out :( I'm getting really anxious about TTC and need to chill out otherwise it definitely won't happen.does anyone else feel that it makes them crazy?or is it just me....ha!

Hi guys,can you get clomid in the uk and what does it do?I think I need something to sort my crazy cycles out :( I'm getting really anxious about TTC and need to chill out otherwise it definitely won't happen.does anyone else feel that it makes them crazy?or is it just me....ha!

Hey Princess,
Yeah clomid is available in the UK. My FS prescribed me it. Think you can only get it on prescription.. It's sometimes given as the first step, when they can't find much else wrong. They're reluctant to blame our ttc problems on my endo atm.... x

I've heard conflicting stories about clomid and endo. I heard it can encourage it, but also heard it doesn't do much with it. Those that think it is bad for endo suggest Femara. What do you all think?

I'm going in for my consult today after the surgery and to get the incisions checked. Hubby said he mentioned to the doc while I was out in recovery that we wanted to do clomid and bd naturally, without iui at first. Doc said if we are going to skip iui for the first month or two then he'd want us to try naturally all the way around.
I'm also going to ask about progesterone cream. Anyone use it?
AND...to help prevent anything now that I've been "cleaned out" I am changing my diet. Gluten free, dairy free, alcohol free ( :( ), red meat free. I figure its worth a shot. Anyone else doing this? Found lots of support on the web on it.

@ princess I did hear it messes with your mind a bit. I have a friend who is very calm cool and collected all the time. She used it and it made her see sparkles and get very emotional and sensitive. She has PCOS. It didn't work for her anyway, she got pregnant on her own naturally the month they began to take time off to save for IVF! LOL

Hi labmommy,
I've also heard conflicting stories about clomid and endo. I've mainly heard that it's estrogen based so will make endo worse. So far, surprisingly I haven't had any endo pains...
I've also tried the endo diet and particularly cut out wheat and reduced sugar and alcohol. I think cutting out wheat definitely reduced the bloating and swelling in my stomach.
So.............with me so far, the clomid seems to be fine and not causing me problems, but let's see what the rest of the cycle brings! x

So...here is the plan...picking up clomid today to begin tomorrow (btw- generic versus brand drugs almost $100 difference!!!). 50mg five days (cd 3-8). Ovidrel shot to induce ovulation after ultrasound to check on follicles. Then we time intercourse (skipping iui this month hoping the hsg and lap cleared the way!) and starting I think 3 dpo use progesterone suppositories 3x day for two weeks or til af arrives (stay away!!! lol)

Glad hubby is home to help me mentally sort through all this. It has been quite a road. Argued some with the doc about clomid. He said that it is meant for women who don't ovulate and that isn't one of my issues. He said it can help though create more follicles but we don't know what it will do for me til we use it. SO, here we go!!!

Good luck labmommy !!! Fingers crossed for you and floofy and hopefully the clomid does the trick !! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->