Glasgow mummies-to-be! anyone due in September?

How are you liking the midwives? I've only seen the one so far, but she was very nice. The sonographer is also really good, we had the same one for both scans, but i forgot her name. My main midwife is cathrine.

I've been really lucky with everything so far, always got my appointments really quick!

I've only seen one. She was nice enough, but she was a stand-in. I've only been once so I've still not met anyone from 'my team' yet.

I think you are having all the luck! Atho is right - there seems to be a lot of variation. Doesn't really matter I guess, if there's nothing wrong.

wanted to share this with the group:
https://www.babyandbump.com/freebies/935791-baby-freebies-2012-a.html#post16615705

I have been signing up to all the freebies i can i have always been a freebie lover as some of you might know from threads i have started below but anyways thought this might help us girls get some wee samples and such together and some of the stuff is fantastic for the hospital bags and such

from freebies in the last 2 years i have gotten soooo much stuff from free breast pumps to bottle sterlizers, bottles, nappies, nappy creams and much much more :D

well i think we're leaving the southern and going private after the crap they have put us through had enough.

its in my blog:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...pherson-bfp-onwards-due-21st-sept-2012-a.html

Ooh that's very traumatic. Hope the scan goes well tomorrow and that everything is ok.

definitely let us know how you get on...that sounded horrible how they treated you!

Also, come join us in the new facebook group...it's great! :)

thanks will let you know whats happening when i find out whats what. looking to see if there are any other consultants in the southern general to try bar Dr ledingham

Had my first appointment today under my new Consultant Dr Brennand today. I didn't meet Dr Brennand but 1 of the other doctors under her.

I left the hospital very happy today. I really liked the Dr and felt like she actually listened to my concerns instead of just fobbing me off. I felt able to ask her some questions I still had from my last pregnancy regarding the birth that I hadn't felt able to ask the previous consultant or his doctors. She went through some of the notes from my last pregnancy with me.

I definatley feel like I will be well taken care of and my concerns won't be ignored. So really positive experience for me today. I didn't get to listen in to the heartbeat though as she said they don't likr to.do it before 18 weeks now, but she has booked me back in for 19 weeks to check my BP and listen in then.

glad you like new doctors thats great news hun shame didn't hear baby's heart beat i thought it was a hospital thing but my counsultant does doppler from 15 weeks onwards :shrug: but i know if theydon't find it it can be a worry so its best to wait i agree... our little baby been very compliant with everything scan and doppler wise lol :D

how is everyone i am 18weeks on friday and can not believe it only 17days till my 20week scan :d

Sounds like you had a positive experience :) Glad it went well.

I have my next MW appointment on Friday with my homebirth MW, I probably won't get to hear the heartbeat either then :(

I'll be almost 16 weeks by then, then 20 week scan in May.

Hey just searched to find this again, how is everyone getting on? X

hi lollypops seen your post in 3rd tri. A few of us are having babies in the SGH myself included I'm due on the 14th of August. No signs so expecting to go overdue as most other folk around here do! We have a fb group. link a few pages back.. Don't post too much on bnb myself but feel.free to join our club :)

i'm having little miss is southern :( but here's hoping its a quick in and out. how is everyone doing?

i am now 32+2 can not believe it, my wee man was born at 33weeks so got everything sorted incase little miss decides she's going to come but she seems way too comfortable in there so i have a feeling she might go a good while longer maybe even 40+ lol

hi lollypops seen your post in 3rd tri. A few of us are having babies in the SGH myself included I'm due on the 14th of August. No signs so expecting to go overdue as most other folk around here do! We have a fb group. link a few pages back.. Don't post too much on bnb myself but feel.free to join our club :)

hey what is the facebook page called i cant seem to find it x

its called glasgow babies and bumps but unsure if its private or can be searched for?

Hi there,

I'm due on 9th Sept and Avnet picked a hospital but was thinking Southern too. Would be great to PBS in touch with someone that's going through same stage. Maybe a meet up group if there are many pple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->