Glasgow mummies-to-be! anyone due in September?

Aw yeah I forgot about that too. It's because they need to ask if your partner is the father of your baby and if you feel safe at home and stuff.

Glad it went well though :)

That usually only happens at the start of the first appointment then they let them in for the rest of that appointment and all susequent appointments.

They basically told him to go home! There were a couple of other miffed men in the waiting room!

I think OH will come to the 20 week scan and the classes and that's it. I don't really mind, but it's his baby too.

That's awful. I'd have been upset never mind OH if he hadn't been allowed in to any of the appointment with me.

thats weird which hospital was that tiny tabby?

Hi ladies, I am Caroline and I am 8 weeks + 1. Just googling Glasgow and booking in appointments as I was hoping to have some sort of an appointment with a midwife in the near future. Went to the GP at 5 weeks, so 3 weeks ago and still no referral to the Southern General. It would just be nice to be told that everything seems to be going okay (especially since I can't talk to anyone about it as it is first trimester, arggggg)!

Hi Caroline. You likely won't get a first appointment until 12 weeks you should hear a couple of weeka before with the date and where your appointment will be.

Thank you :) It is such a lonnnnnggggg wait until the first appointment. Actually had the phone in my hand to call them when I found this thread earlier, so I will try to be patient and just wait until nearer 12 weeks :)

That's awful. I'd have been upset never mind OH if he hadn't been allowed in to any of the appointment with me.

She said its because a lot of it is sensitive, eg past pregnancies, domestic violence, HIV testing etc. None of that is relevant to us. I have had enough fighting the system though. I'm just going with the flow.

thats weird which hospital was that tiny tabby?

Western Infirmary.

Hi Caroline. You should hear sometime after 10 or 11 weeks. If you are low risk your first appointment can be as late as 15 weeks (mine was). If you want an NT scan you need to go private between 11 and 13 weeks. Hope it all works out for you.

ah don't know anything about the western didn't even know they had a maternity unit lol the southern were great the took me in for 2seconds asked if my partner was allowed in then he was let in lol after i was told if the midwife ever thinks he's beating me she'll report it lol

nope i'm due september 2012 think most of the girls are september?

I think it's just a community midwife clinic at the Western rather than a full on maternity unit - I'm going to the Princess Royal for my 20 week scan.

best of luck hope they are better with you than the western, we switch to the southern as we had alot of hell with the royal southern seems to be doing a bit better

Ach, I don't mind. I'm only at the PR for the 20 wk scan and potentially the birth (if I don't have a home birth). The rest of the time it's the Western clinic. I reckon these places are all much of a muchness. They've got good staff and bad staff, busy days and um, slightly less busy days. Everyone's been really nice, let them have their weird rules if they want.

lol thats good have you been allowed a home birth? i am too high risk and will likely to into premature labour like did with DS but want a lotus birth

MW encouraged me to consider home birth, I'm low risk. I'm holding judgement till after the 20 week scan but if all's well then I'll go for it!

What's a lotus birth?

Lotus birth is leaving the placenta attached to your baby until it naturally seperates.

I'm having a homebirth this time. Been referred to the homebirthing team to carry out the remainder of my antenatal appointments. Looking forward to it :D

are these your first babies? with james they wouldn't allow first baby to be home born, i'll never get home birth because suffered losses, and have rhesus sensitivity and also had premmie so i am mega high risk :( got to get scans and appointments every 2-4weeks.

Ah, I see, they don't cut the cord? How long does it take to separate?

It's my first. MW said more people do it with 2nd and subsequent babies but that didn't mean it wasn't allowed with first. As long as i and the baby are fit for it we can go ahead.

Atho, that's exciting! They seem to be very positive about home births, which is a nice surprise.

so much has changed with my first 5 years ago it was a no go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"