Good and not so good news at 6.1 week scan

Good points: You have a baby, with a beating heartbeat. Focus on that. STAY OFF THE INTERNET. I hope your doctor gives you some good perspective tomorrow. And I can't offer to pray, because I'm atheist and likely, no god would listen to me... but I will :dust: like a crazy baby fairy all over your journal:
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

SOOOOO much love & luck to you, Lionchild!!!:thumbup::hugs:

At 6+5 we had hb at 82 at 8+5 it was 151 and all going well for now. It still has a success rate hun

Naria, thank you for sharing your experience! It helps to hear a positive outcome on an experience similar to mine. I wish you a stressfree and healthy pregnancy! :hugs:

Ha! Thank you for not praying, Cland! :haha: Dust away!

Borr and Nikki- I will gladly take the waits for the rest of pregnancy. I know they will still drive me crazy, but I just want to make it through the first trimester with a healthy baby. DH and I aren't interested in knowing the gender of the baby, so that's one less wait I would be stressing over. I already know it's a boy anyway (who's just like my DH), that's why he's so mellow and slow to get going. :haha:

Borr-Btw,how's mommyhood going so far? Isabela is so cute!

And thank you, everyone, for all of your positivity!! It really helps!!

Naria, thank you for sharing your experience! It helps to hear a positive outcome on an experience similar to mine. I wish you a stressfree and healthy pregnancy! :hugs:

Ha! Thank you for not praying, Cland! :haha: Dust away!

Borr and Nikki- I will gladly take the waits for the rest of pregnancy. I know they will still drive me crazy, but I just want to make it through the first trimester with a healthy baby. DH and I aren't interested in knowing the gender of the baby, so that's one less wait I would be stressing over. I already know it's a boy anyway (who's just like my DH), that's why he's so mellow and slow to get going. :haha:

Borr-Btw,how's mommyhood going so far? Isabela is so cute!

No problem x i panicked too and dr google gave me all this awful info. See my mw in 2 weeks and she says she'll check hb again for me then

Yes I can totally understand you, the first trimester is horrible and you are constantly worried but it will soon get better :)

Thank you for asking about Isabela. It's been harder than I thought and I had a rough first weeks with a ton of baby blues but I am finally feeling a lot better and enjoying the little one more. She's going through a growth sprout right now so it's been exhausting but it's ok :) :cloud9:

Thank you for asking about Isabela. It's been harder than I thought and I had a rough first weeks with a ton of baby blues but I am finally feeling a lot better and enjoying the little one more. She's going through a growth sprout right now so it's been exhausting but it's ok :) :cloud9:

I'm sorry you had the baby blues. :hugs: I can imagine that would be really difficult along with the normal difficulties of adjusting to motherhood. I'm glad you're feeling better though! I hope you're able to get some sleep soon!

at 6 weeks, the heart has only JUST started beating. it starts off slow and increased a few bpm every day. if you google something like 'heart rate' + '6 weeks' you'll see that the average rate is quite low (see what it says about heart rate here, for instance: https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm)

i had a sonogram at 6 weeks due to spotting and the heart rate was 90-100 bmp, doctor said it was great. we were up to 175 bmp at 8 1/2 weeks and she's settled into the 140s - 150s now :)

good luck with your pregnancy! i don't think you have anything to worry about :)

I just got back from my doctor's office. She really is the best doctor I've ever had. Her nurse is amazing too! The nurse shared with me that she had 5 miscarriages before a successful pregnancy, so she completely understands how stressful this period of limbo is. My doctor avoided statistics, which I actually appreciate. She said she has seen fetal heart rates sometimes go up in cases like this, but at the same time she doesn't want to paint an unrealistic picture of the way things could likely end up. She had plenty of tissue for my tears and gave me a big hug as I sobbed away. She's ordered me another HCG for Friday so I don't have to wait until the ultrasound to see how things are going. At least I should get some information from the beta. If it is way up from the 11,500 I got on Saturday, then I can be optimistic. If it's down or hasn't changed, at least I'll know to expect a MC.

The silver lining to all of this is that if things don't work out, she'll run some blood tests on me (for blood clotting disorders and a few other things). She told me, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant with a successful birth. Hopefully this time, but if not, we will get you there." She also said we could test the fetal tissue for genetic abnormalities, which I probably wouldn't do unless I ended up with a 3rd miscarriage.

Anyway, I'll try to hang on to hope in the meantime, but I am preparing myself for bad news. If I get good news on Friday then I'll be completely thrilled, but I'm ready for any news.

All I can seem to think about is women who have experienced multiple losses. My heart goes out to any women (or man) who has had a miscarriage on a wanted pregnancy. One is terrible enough (as too many of us know firsthand), but I have pals on here who have lost 4 with no live births yet. I just want to scream at the universe sometimes, "WTF!!!" I also want to scream for all those LTTTCs with no BFPs. It's so difficult.

I'm sorry this post isn't very optimistic. Let me end on a positive thought. My baby has a heartbeat, and that's a step further than last time! Still hoping this is my sticky baby.

:hugs:

Waiting/hoping to see great numbers on Friday! :coffee:

So nice that you have a great doctor! Thinking good thoughts for Friday!

I'm with the others. Can't wait til Friday.

It's really hard, I know. It's like the thing I want most and the thing I'm most terrified of right now are both being pregnant again.

I agree with how you're approaching it. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Hoping you get some stellar news on Friday!

Your baby's heart has only been beating for about a week, most of the time they can't even pick it up at this stage! Try to stay positive, I bet it's jumped right up by your next scan x

It's really hard, I know. It's like the thing I want most and the thing I'm most terrified of right now are both being pregnant again.

This. I completely understand these mixed emotions, Ginger.

I felt pretty ill this morning. I did some dry heaving in the sink. I'll take it as a positive sign. Luckily, the nausea only lasted an hour.

Huzzah, nausea! There's something I didn't really get! I was weirdly upset that I wasn't puking all the time. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->